shape
carat
color
clarity

K color stones in Platinum/WG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I do agree about the faint yellow issue, but I suppose faintly tinted or colored would make the color scale even more confusing for the average consumer.
When I look at JJ''s solitaire (J in color) it looks brownish to me in each picture, but not yellow. I don''t think that color can be judged over a computer though, and I think your sensitivity and skin tone make a difference in how you will feel.
DSC01809-1.JPG

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Matatora, Who is JJ?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
that lovely ring belongs to Jadie Jewel...

And I think the tint for me is because of the box it''s in...it''s picking up the surroundings IMO.

Pictures are very hard to tell color tint as we all know but it''s VERY HARD for me to see color in my diamond...and I would imagine a well-cut K wouldn''t be that much more ''yellow''.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pure headache - guessing diamond color in pictures
14.gif
JadeJewel''s ring should have been graded ''orange-brown'' if it did look anything like the picture on my monitor. It can''t be more than a mid game - looking for something because someone says it should be there. Perhaps every diamond should be photographed with a flash light with the photographer wearing a blue shirt...
10.gif

Unless someone comes up with very high quality 3D images, I doubt things could get any better than this.

If the point was to see how colored K diamonds are, these diamonds should have been caught in pictures upside down or something. Once they become a beautiful piece of jewelry... different matter.

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Jadie''s J stone is amazing IMO! Here''s another link on her stone, and these photos are far from yellow or brown. LINK Her setting photos, I do notice they are ''brownish'', but they also show amazing fire! Again, I think it''s the lighting.

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
This is Wallermama''s ring, here''s her details:
the center is a K .5ct and the sides are H/I .3ct, all good cut and vs2 clarity

trioclose12.jpg

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
And another. Here''s her LINK

triowarm21.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
UMM Miss Sunkist, is this thread missing a beautiful K bauble? I think so!!!

drk

Brilliant_Rock
Although not entirely WG, I thought I should add my 1.22 K in two-tone gold, since the bezel is WG. I think my stone looks very white most of the time, and has a nice warm glow to it in some lighting. It was supposedly a high K according to Jon at GOG. I would definitely buy another, though I''d probably want to see it first to be sure it was as nice as the one I''ve already got...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
here is my girlfriend''s 1.60 K VS2 ACA in a ritani setting... it''s blazingly white from the top down but from the side you can see a little warmth, but it''s stunning!!

vivi wf aa.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
here are two more of my faves...!! love it!

vivi bauble jb.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
my fave handshot on her!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
woops i dont know what happened, here is the handshot!

vivi bauble zlb.jpg

DiamondLover23

Shiny_Rock
Here is my former .723 K Si1 H&A in white gold.

arrows 06.JPG

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/31/2006 1:58:55 AM
Author: Mara
UMM Miss Sunkist, is this thread missing a beautiful K bauble? I think so!!!

3.gif
Mara dear, thanks for thinking of me! I can''t believe all of these beautiful additions! Gorgeous
30.gif
But unfortunately I do not have my K stone set yet. It''s been out of my hands for a while and up to my BF to get it done... hmmm, he''s supposed to have it in this month, I wonder if it really is?? But don''t worry, but I''ve actually got a K bauble, I''ll share it for SURE!!!
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
sunkist, in the meantime why dont you add a few of your amazing bauble shots....we don''t just need to see a finished ring!!
3.gif

ScubaDucky

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/19/2006 4:36:11 PM
Author: Matatora
I do agree about the faint yellow issue, but I suppose faintly tinted or colored would make the color scale even more confusing for the average consumer.
When I look at JJ''s solitaire (J in color) it looks brownish to me in each picture, but not yellow. I don''t think that color can be judged over a computer though, and I think your sensitivity and skin tone make a difference in how you will feel.
Didn''t see this til now. The picture was taken in our kitchen on a wooden table.

Stone is not brownish.

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Bauble shots? I guess I was confused on the definition of a "bauble", I thought it was a completed ring. But if it''s pics of my K stone you want, suuuuree! I''ll post those!
9.gif
I''m not sure if I posted this pics yet or not. I''ve surrendered my stone to my BF so I can''t take any more pictures
7.gif
... yet!

K .95ct VS2

DSCN2538.jpg

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
another

DSCN293512.jpg

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
another

DSCN2980.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yay sunkist now that is what i''m talking about!!

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Thought I''d add 3Heart''s new 2.51 K/VS2 from WF. Here''s the link to her thread!
''my new K'' thread

1DSC00487P.jpg

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
another of 3Heart''s K.

1DSC00249123.jpg

3hearts

Shiny_Rock
thanks sunkist
face23.gif
here''s another pics

DSC00510ppp.jpg

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I thought the ladies (and men?) of this thread might find this ebay diamond interesting... check out this "k".

DiamondLover23

Shiny_Rock
I wonder who snapped up the 1.25 K Si1 ACA that was on Whiteflash''s site....

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/25/2006 3:42:23 PM
Author: robbie3982
I thought the ladies (and men?) of this thread might find this ebay diamond interesting... check out this ''k''.

Sorry, Robbie, but I the stone in that link is only interesting because of how different it looks from the other stones in this thread. It seems most people think K stones are yellow and ugly. However, K stones in this thread show that well cut and properly graded K stones face up white and are beautiful diamonds!
9.gif

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Sunkist, I wasn''t trying to imply that anyone here would find it interesting because they would want to buy it
1.gif
! I thought people would find it interesting in a funny way, as in "wow, look how ridiculous this ebay stone is!"

I definitely don''t think that K stones are yellow and ugly. My ff took me to look at rings a few weeks ago and I fell in love with one! I can''t wait until he gives it to me so that I can post it on here with everyone else''s!

I''m sorry, I guess that the sarcasm in my post didn''t translate well. I really do think that all of the stones on this thread are absolutely gorgeous!

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2006 9:40:18 AM
Author: robbie3982
Sunkist, I wasn''t trying to imply that anyone here would find it interesting because they would want to buy it
1.gif
! I thought people would find it interesting in a funny way, as in ''wow, look how ridiculous this ebay stone is!''

I definitely don''t think that K stones are yellow and ugly. My ff took me to look at rings a few weeks ago and I fell in love with one! I can''t wait until he gives it to me so that I can post it on here with everyone else''s!

I''m sorry, I guess that the sarcasm in my post didn''t translate well. I really do think that all of the stones on this thread are absolutely gorgeous!

I gotcha Robbie
2.gif
I too was just thinking, No wonder poeple have a "stigma" about K color stones. Of course a stone like that ebay one would turn people off, when in actuality, they can be gorgeous!
1.gif

DiamondLover23

Shiny_Rock
My error, it was a 1.30 K that was for sale.

Lucky person, whoever got that one!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results