shape
carat
color
clarity

Just Unfollowed Vendors on IG

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'll just stick with DK. I've never gotten "attitude" when making many inquiries but not buying. And I can't imagine that I would.
Me too..My first contact with DK was when I purchased an unmentionable from India for a travel ring..The stone was fine but the setting was a hot mess. I asked him on Etsy if he could fix it. He didn’t act condescending like I was a waste of his time..or too small for him. It was a lovely exchange and I was blown away that he had glamour shots made of it when it was done. He renamed Wonky “Miss Wow”! I have since spent thousands of dollars having him make, fix, redesign jewelry...He is a class act in my opinion. He seems humble and is always professional.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You probably should purchase from a website instead of an IG vendors which is an acquired taste. Have you try GOG? You can contact them by email to request videos and such.

I’m sure this was meant as helpful - but it could be taken the opposite- and condescending.
The bane of text.
It’s a small jump from what you recommended, to take it a step further to recommend JA- they’ll just tell you what to buy. No questions - no comparisons- no research (learned and louded here on PS) needed at all! :twisted2:

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I, myself, have reached out to IG vendors for potential, future projects. I’ll even go a step further, if I see something matching the desired specs of a fellow PSer to assist in their search for something. As @Octo2005 mentioned, earlier, if the deets & price are transparent, it would save a LOT of hassle.....

tjkswift

Rough_Rock
@joelly maybe most of his IG posts contain all the info one would need to make a decision to buy but the 2 that I most recently inquired on, did not. The first didn't have the GIA cert, which was my first inquiry and the second did not have the price. I personally can't imagine purchasing a GIA stone without reviewing the cert first. The other stone I inquired on was in the 3 to 4 carat range and didn't have a price. Thank you for clarifying his business model on stones of that size and why he may not include the prices.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If that’s his business model (I’m assuming you asked him to have that info to relate it here) why wouldn’t he indicate it that it’s not available for retail sale?
Wouldn’t it make it clear to the Instagram credit challenged newbies?
But - I, myself, don’t buy it for one hot second they’re not really meant for retail sale.

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If that’s his business model (I’m assuming you asked him to have that info to relate it here) why wouldn’t he indicate it that it’s not available for retail sale?
Wouldn’t it make it clear to the Instagram credit challenged newbies?
But - I, myself, don’t buy it for one hot second they’re not really meant for retail sale.
I am not even sure what he means by this. He knows absolutely nothing about me (or any other IG member)and certainly not what I can afford from an IG account.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
@joelly maybe most of his IG posts contain all the info one would need to make a decision to buy but the 2 that I most recently inquired on, did not. The first didn't have the GIA cert, which was my first inquiry and the second did not have the price. I personally can't imagine purchasing a GIA stone without reviewing the cert first. The other stone I inquired on was in the 3 to 4 carat range and didn't have a price. Thank you for clarifying his business model on stones of that size and why he may not include the prices.

Obviously I don’t know his business model, I just know what is usually happened when no price is indicated on the post.

You don’t have to DM him though, just ask your question in the comments. Most of his posts won’t say “DM for deets” like most other vendors do. I like his IG cause its straight forward. Also, his store is right across the street from the GIA office and he will certified his stone before selling. I think this is a standard practice of all professionals jewelers.

He is pretty lay back for a jeweler. I never feel like I need to make a decision immediately. I’m pretty indecisive myself. His stones are pretty unique that a stone will have a long waiting list of people who want it.

I think you should not dismiss him over one bad comment. But this is just my opinion. Feel free to ignore me....:lol:

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the cartoon was meant as a joke and honestly, yes PSer's can be verrrrry picky so I get it, but on the other hand the response to this thread shows it wasn't a bright idea for his business... :whistle:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So you mean to say that we, psers, will buy from the devil himself if he has the right diamond at the right price. I disagree with that.

If said devil had a beautiful 10+mm OEC with an amazing pattern for the right price??? Yes. Hell yes. #illbetheonebythefire #wearinganamazingOEC ;-)

Last edited:

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So disheartening. I was hoping to work with Alex but I think ima pass now too. If it were just the IG post, I might have overlooked it. But that one post opened up the discussion about past transgressions here on PS and LT that I hadn't connected to him. #badmove

joelly

Ideal_Rock
If said devil had a beautiful 10+ OEC with an amazing pattern for the right price??? Yes. Hell yes. #illbetheonebythefire #wearinganamazingOEC ;-)

Especially if the above-mentioned 10+ct oec has strong green/blue fluorescent... I may shift my principle for that :lol:

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
regarding that Alex IG DM... I'm reminded of the Seinfield Soup Nazi Episode... Even then with funds ready in hand, you might not get that diamond.

@tjkswift sorry that happened to you... My friend asked about a diamond and his response was less than cordial as well... probably because she IG late at night... but if you don't want to be bothered with notifications, just set your do not disturb on at night as not to make your phone alert or ring or whatever.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
@tjkswift
I cannot believe you were treated that way. I honestly cannot imagine a world in where a buyer that isnt giving some sort of attitude is treated like trash. What gross assumptions he made about you. The joke, was well just that, even though his grammar made it less funny, but what he said to you privately isnt ok in my book.

Also if the other claims are true in that he has been deceptive before, I'm not sure why one would ignore these red flags. Hopefully that IG-cred-judging ego of his gets checked or he will lose more potential customers.

Also for others that have mentioned awesome experiences with him- thats so great! I'm happy that hes not treating everyone this way but please try and have some empathy, and imagine if you were the one that he told this to.
Hopefully he was just having a bad day, but on my worst day so far I couldnt imagine saying that to someone, let alone someone that I was providing a service to.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw that this afternoon and took a screen shot:twisted2:. I was out and about, but want to know what others thought about it. I don't know them, I have seen them spoken of highly by some members, so I wasn't sure if I was just taking it wrong.
IMG_5404.jpg

I saw that and actually took it as a humorous compliment that we are pretty darned special, and he is acknowledging that!
No one likes to see us coming LOL
Then again, we have a lot of combined buying power....so maybe they feel love/not love for PSers.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't have an account. Instagram is lost on me.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't have an account. Instagram is lost on me.

I think you would enjoy it @Arcadian. So many gorgeous gems and beautiful bling. You can make it work for you and not the other way around. I was resistant at first and now I enjoy swooning over all the delicious bling.

voce

Ideal_Rock
and now I enjoy swooning over all the delicious bling.
This is what I'm afraid of, missy. If I start using IG, I might get hooked and spend more on bling! I need to stay on budget, and PS is bad enough in terms of making me think about bling.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results