shape
carat
color
clarity

Just Unfollowed Vendors on IG

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree that we shouldn’t receive any preferential treatment as PSers just like how much one spends shouldn’t dictate more/less respect as a customer; however, given we tend to know what we want and can articulate it more clearly that perhaps a non-PSer/newbie, I think that level of clarity & knowledge we provide a vendor should/ would be appreciated, given it takes some/a lot of the guesswork out for the vendor.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

It seems either people have short memories or new people aren't aware of what when on before they came to pricescope.

1. Alex Park used to come on pricescope in the colored stone section always inquiring what we thought something was worth that he owned. He never said he was trade, ever, until he was caught.
2. Alex Park used to go on Loupe troup and use names of regular posters at that time with a slight variation in the name, hoping people would think it was a regular loupe troup or PS poster.
3. I do not recall how exactly he was found out, but since then I have not seen him on Pricescope.

I was surprised when people here began using him as a vendor. This is not to say he cheated anyone that I know of, but was not forthright when on Pricescope. I find him sleazy. But, he may be good, just my impression, and perhaps his comments are directly related to the past, when he was called out on here.

Annette

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

It seems either people have short memories or new people aren't aware of what when on before they came to pricescope.

1. Alex Park used to come on pricescope in the colored stone section always inquiring what we thought something was worth that he owned. He never said he was trade, ever, until he was caught.
2. Alex Park used to go on Loupe troup and use names of regular posters at that time with a slight variation in the name, hoping people would think it was a regular loupe troup or PS poster.
3. I do not recall how exactly he was found out, but since then I have not seen him on Pricescope.

I was surprised when people here began using him as a vendor. This is not to say he cheated anyone that I know of, but was not forthright when on Pricescope. I find him sleazy. But, he may be good, just my impression, and perhaps his comments are directly related to the past, when he was called out on here.

Annette

Well, there you have it. Three strikes and you're out. Sounds more like thirty than three, tho! It's all ugly, but #2 (as bolded) - gees louise....

Thanks for the info, Annette - combined with the other 2 incidents, I think this gives a fuller picture.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

Annette

I remember Paul (CBI) asking Alex multiple times if he was in the trade, as he wasn't registered on PS as a tradeperson at the time. It seemed like he disappeared as quickly as he came and I didn't think anything more of it.

The bolded, though? Say what now? Do you have any examples @smitcompton? Ditto @mrs-b - that'd be a whole different level of really not-okay...

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I remember Paul (CBI) asking Alex multiple times if he was in the trade, as he wasn't registered on PS as a tradeperson at the time. It seemed like he disappeared as quickly as he came and I didn't think anything more of it.

The bolded, though? Say what now? Do you have any examples @smitcompton? Ditto @mrs-b - that'd be a whole different level of really not-okay...

Paul sure catches on quickly, :cool2:

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

Sorry, my memory is not that good. But, if people on PS answered his ad on Loupetroop, they might easily have found it was Alex Park, not the person he was implying he was. I am sure this happened with Alex Park. People came back on colored stones to tell us. I think this was before we had the influx of vendors on Loupetroop that we have now. His antics stood out. And warnings about him were conveyed to us on PS.

Annette

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

Annette
Can you link us to the CS threads? What I miss when I avoid that forum for 8 years bc it triggers mass consumption of colored stones to my detriment! :eek2:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some PSers will overlook negative aspects of a vendor to achieve their perfect bling; others won't. The abortion incident mentioned previously stopped some from using the vendor (at least they said they wouldn't use him anymore); others said it didn't matter what his personal opinions were, they liked his goods and they liked him and would continue to use him. Leon Mege has been adored, abhorred and everything in between for the 16 yrs I've been a member. Some people won't use him (at least they said they wouldn't); others continue to use him. There has been the equivalent of civil war over CVB and DK. None of the hue and cry has resulted in a vendor going out of business. At the end of the day, the reasons for choosing a vendor or not is personal and each person has to live with their conscience.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

Sorry, my memory is not that good. But, if people on PS answered his ad on Loupetroop, they might easily have found it was Alex Park, not the person he was implying he was. I am sure this happened with Alex Park. People came back on colored stones to tell us. I think this was before we had the influx of vendors on Loupetroop that we have now. His antics stood out. And warnings about him were conveyed to us on PS.

Annette

This is a non-trivial accusation - much more serious than rudeness or impropriety re. following forum trade declaration guidelines. I personally would be disinclined to post - or believe - something like this without links to the relevant threads/posts.

Last edited:

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Luvallgems I appreciate you posting this about a vendor’s comment. Should I put up with this comment, block the vendor on IG, or whatever it’s my choice. But I do want to know about this behavior, slur, remark, whatever you wanna call it because at the end of the day it’s my choice. Because dealing with someone who treats a PS member like that even for a moment of a brain lapse, is still poor judgement and we deserve better. I’m not saying we deserve preferred treatment because we are PS members, but we should receive preferred treatment because we are PS members (hey IDJ does this if you say I want PS quality diamonds!) o_O
-C4C

When it comes to me, saying to a vendor that I'm a PS member doesn't mean that I want preferential treatment, I think it says that I know more about diamonds then the average person and don't want poorly cut stones or stones with boogers in them and that I have high expectations. I personally like Alex and his sense of humor. I LOVE his jewelry and salivate over it in IG. I have a gorgeous OEC from him and had a wrap around my finger Calla lily ring made to my specs that receives numerous compliments every time I wear it.

On the flip side, I told IDJ I wanted PS quality diamonds for the earring jackets that DF gifted me, and returned them because they were not eye clean (large carbon inclusions).

64199602_1098797380317758_5237108440127504384_n.jpg

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

I will ask Admin to remove my posts if you deem them inappropriate. I do recall Alex Park did use his own name on Loupe Troop for a time as well. Sorry!.

Annette

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@DAF I had the exact same experience with IDJ. I would have gladly just paid extra instead of being ignored and getting something I didn't appreciate. I'm likely to not return to a vendor who does that. Pearlman's did something similar as well. I gave up on buying new. JMO.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

I will ask Admin to remove my posts if you deem them inappropriate. I do recall Alex Park did use his own name on Loupe Troop for a time as well. Sorry!.

Annette

@smitcompton -

I appreciate your post on this. We can all do our own due diligence if we want to check old CS posts - which is a pain, I realize, but not something that should necessarily fall to you. Since this sounds like multiple events, I'm sure there's nothing wrong with your memory. I do wish we could see the actual posts, but I'm happy to do my own leg work on this, so thank you for sharing what you remember.

GlitterInMyHair

Brilliant_Rock
My experience with Alex Park has been 100% positive.

That particular IG post and the DM to a PS'er certainly were disappointing, but I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Even nicest people can have a bad day and say mean things they probably regret.

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@DAF I had the exact same experience with IDJ. I would have gladly just paid extra instead of being ignored and getting something I didn't appreciate. I'm likely to not return to a vendor who does that. Pearlman's did something similar as well. I gave up on buying new. JMO.

I DID pay extra for PS quality stones. Sam's Club had nicer diamonds.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Some PSers will overlook negative aspects of a vendor to achieve their perfect bling; others won't. The abortion incident mentioned previously stopped some from using the vendor (at least they said they wouldn't use him anymore); others said it didn't matter what his personal opinions were, they liked his goods and they liked him and would continue to use him. Leon Mege has been adored, abhorred and everything in between for the 16 yrs I've been a member. Some people won't use him (at least they said they wouldn't); others continue to use him. There has been the equivalent of civil war over CVB and DK. None of the hue and cry has resulted in a vendor going out of business. At the end of the day, the reasons for choosing a vendor or not is personal and each person has to live with their conscience.

So you mean to say that we, psers, will buy from the devil himself if he has the right diamond at the right price. I disagree with that.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
You can post on any of his IG posts and ask him. I think he’s a nice guy and hope I’m right.

He is a nice guy. I have nothing but good things to say about Alex Parks.

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b, I read that exchange, and it horrified me!! I am truly appalled at the way this vendor responded, regardless of how many times this individual DM’ed vendors with inquiries.
I’m out, too. :eek-2:
Why can't they just post the darn details then, if they don't want to bothered? I know this has been brought up in several other threads, but it would save everyone the time and hassle.

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi,

Annette
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/list-of-vendors-dead-links.210214/page-2#post-3825036

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/paraiba-tourmaline-help.209568/

Don't know all of the specifics, this was all I could find in a quick search. But it does seem that your memories are not random. The extent of this is not clear though from what I could find.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@smitcompton Not my job to police anything or anyone on PS! Please don’t feel obligated to do anything on my account - my views are mine only.

I would definitely hesitate to interact directly with this vendor given those (incredibly rude) screenshots and the fact that I really have zero patience for the price-masking shenanigans that he and so many other IG vendors indulge in! I have no Instagram credit - which is probably bad Instagram credit :mrgreen2:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Of course opinions are like buttholes but I still like to express mine once in a while, opinion that is, not the other thing. So here it goes:

"Butthole" does not have any place on any professional business social media, it is offensive to many, crass and completely unnecessary.

Luvallgems

Brilliant_Rock
Of course opinions are like buttholes but I still like to express mine once in a while, opinion that is, not the other thing. So here it goes:

"Butthole" does not have any place on any professional business social media, it is offensive to many, crass and completely unnecessary.
StephanieLynn I was hesitant to post anything about this. The reason I did was because I got a “ testy” little response from this person...all I asked
was if a certain item was available. My thought at the time was, “ Man
this guy is stressed out, needs a Chill Pill.” Up pops the IG post about
PS. a few days after our exchange. I don’t want to pay $$$$ to someone
that acts like that. Opinions are like A—holes, that is mine.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm, that's sad. Especially bc I was seriously considering buying a champagne stone from him, but ended up passing bc it wasn't exactly the size I needed/wanted. I definitely asked him questions and wanted videos, but hopefully didn't seem like a PITA! IG is frustrating sometimes. I often want to know prices of things but am not ready to buy *right then*. The only reason I have to ask for prices is when vendors don't post the info on IG in the first place.

Luvallgems

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm, that's sad. Especially bc I was seriously considering buying a champagne stone from him, but ended up passing bc it wasn't exactly the size I needed/wanted. I definitely asked him questions and wanted videos, but hopefully didn't seem like a PITA! IG is frustrating sometimes. I often want to know prices of things but am not ready to buy *right then*. The only reason I have to ask for prices is when vendors don't post the info on IG in the first place.
Something that is less stress on the vendor and the purchaser .vendor post
Price and all stats ,if purchaser interested then contacts...this weeds out all
The extra questions that are very annoying (obviously)

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Luvallgems, I hope you didn't take my comment the wrong way, I didn't mean it toward you, just saying that my opinion that he was unprofessional probably doesn't mean much in his world.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Something that is less stress on the vendor and the purchaser .vendor post
Price and all stats ,if purchaser interested then contacts...this weeds out all
The extra questions that are very annoying (obviously)

I follow this vendor on IG and he always post all the details. Some items that he doesn’t post details are usually a specific request from a customer. If a stone is more than 3-4 ct then it’s for dealers usually so he doesn’t post prices.

You probably should purchase from a website instead of an IG vendors which is an acquired taste. Have you try GOG? You can contact them by email to request videos and such. You’re going to be busy purchasing for 3 projects at once. Can’t wait for pictures. GOG has all kinds of stones, not as unique as Parks though. Don’t forget to post pics of your finished 3 projects. :appl:

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
I saw that this afternoon and took a screen shot:twisted2:. I was out and about, but want to know what others thought about it. I don't know them, I have seen them spoken of highly by some members, so I wasn't sure if I was just taking it wrong.
IMG_5404.jpg

EEEWWWW so so tacky! I had to see it to believe it. Yuck, gonna stay the hell away from whoever and whatever he is!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results