shape
carat
color
clarity

Just Unfollowed Vendors on IG

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can we make comments on his IG page? I want to ask him why he feels that way about PSers.

You can post on any of his IG posts and ask him. I think he’s a nice guy and hope I’m right.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought he was joking but after reading his DM reply to a PSer (posted hereby that PSer) my opinion has changed and I’m glad he took it down. Lapse in judgment. I wouldn’t judge him based on this one experience. No one is perfect.

I'm with Missy. We've all said things we've regretted (thought was funny or whatever and wasn't, etc). I prefer to give people the benefit of the doubt.

cheers--Sharon

Luvallgems

Brilliant_Rock
I'm with Missy. We've all said things we've regretted (thought was funny or whatever and wasn't, etc). I prefer to give people the benefit of the doubt.

cheers--Sharon
I believe that we should not rush to condemn someone, even if they
think PSers are PITA:mrgreen2:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm it was probably meant as a tongue in cheek joke, having said that it's up there with the coloured stone cutter that commented high end jewellery settings and jewellery in general are a waste of money.

Given the fact that yes PSers are picky and some of them no doubt can be a pain in the backside I get where they are coming from, on the other hand PSers buy a lot from both of these guys and I'm not sure it's wise to bite or disrespect the hand that feeds you.....

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know him but it sounds to me like perhaps he just had a very bad experience with a PSer and was venting and overgeneralized. He did clarify somewhat and say he had many good PSer customers. So assuming he had a PSer customer who was a huge PIA or worse, he took to social media which probably wasn't the best idea. We must all know that some customers can be so difficult that you don't want their business. Sounds like that is what is going on here. The post was a mistake, but no one is perfect, particularly when they are angry. It wouldn't keep me from doing business with him because I am never a PIA! :lol:

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I believe vendors are held to a higher standard. You just CAN’T post this type of thing on social media, esp not when a large percentage of that demographic put money in your pocket, and put food on your table. When you’re in business, there is an expected level of professionalism.
I have followed this vendor far longer than it was revealed to me that anyone else from PS followed. If I ever decide to dive into their merchandise, I will MAKE CERTAIN I announce that I’m a PSer. I’ll scream it just so those in the back can hear.
I’m not unfollowing, but I’ll view with caution.... :nono:

joelly

Ideal_Rock
This is upsetting. I've purchased from Alex and I've worked with him. I pretty much utilize him exclusively for all my jewelry woes and wishes. I've had several items made by him with design input along with everything else. I just worked with him on the most beautiful diamond eternity band utilizing 100 year old single cuts I obtained from an old worn out band. He's always been super-sweet to me and we've never had any difficulties. FWIW, I always thought he was an older guy but he is not. I think he has a unique sense of humor and I personally like him a lot...adore him. He has always seemed to have the utmost integrity as a vendor, a seller and an overall person.

With all due respect, I'm wondering if the post was a joke gone awry? I cannot imagine Alex Park having any malice towards most people.

I'm confused & upset. Alex isn't a bad person at all.

I agree with you. I purchased Hulk from him recently. It was months before I decided to buy and I asked gazillions questions. I asked for videos pf comparison and he is so patient and attentive to my requests. He quick to respond and everything. I’m planning to buy another diamond from him but again I’m still indecisive ‍♀️ and he understands, big purchase and all that.

This post upsets me too. I consider him a friend and I chat with him often. He’s so sweet and humorous and not once he’s rude and/or upset with me.

I found him on IG by accident then I found that a few psers recommended him.

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I know for a fact I’m more of a PITA customer because I’m on PS. I’m not going to get offended by this, since it’s true.

That said, (1) someone who prefers to work with uninformed consumers isn’t someone I want to work with (2) I know vendors benefit a lot from the happiness of trusted PSers. I have seen vendors become trendy and then very very busy after a few PSers had good experiences. And sometimes, really, not even particularly special vendors.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I might have given Alex his first review on PS. I really think he is a nice guy. He was very patient and gracious when I asked a lot of questions before buying and he even sent my diamond next day delivery without any extra charge. I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't care if he thinks we're a pustulant boil on the buttocks of an ox -- don't post it on social media. Bite thy tongue, cash our checks, and go merrily and silently upon on thy way.

Crazie4Cuts

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Humm..
I hope PS members are educated and informed buyers. When we ask and request vendors about their products, their policies, and requests for multiple pictures or videos, I hope vendors understand that I am spending thousands of dollars on them, their service, and professional advice. I don’t see this as being entitled or trying to be a PITA. I want to raise the standards of vendors to follow through, provide accurate information, and high level of customer service. These vendors should provide the utmost service to PS members because we will provide feedback to future customers, post our experience here and recommend to family, friends, and on social media. I believe that is a big responsibility. I won’t recommend someone, I have to question.
@MissStepcut
Is right about this...’That said, (1) someone who prefers to work with uninformed consumers isn’t someone I want to work with (2) I know vendors benefit a lot from the happiness of trusted PSers. I have seen vendors become trendy and then very very busy after a few PSers had good experiences. And sometimes, really, not even particularly special vendors.’
I want the best vendors and I am going to invest my time and effort and seek them out. If vendors are rude, sassy, don’t deliver or break promises, then I’ll move on and work with someone else who can and will.
-C4C
* edit to correct PIA to PITA ✌️

Last edited:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
(1) someone who prefers to work with uninformed consumers isn’t someone I want to work with (2) I know vendors benefit a lot from the happiness of trusted PSers. I have seen vendors become trendy and then very very busy after a few PSers had good experiences. And sometimes, really, not even particularly special vendors.’
I want the best vendors and I am going to invest my time and effort and seek them out. If vendors are rude, sassy, don’t deliver or break promises, then I’ll move on and work with someone else who can and will.
I get where you're coming from. However, those uninformed consumers you refer to are the bread and butter for vendors regardless of whether those vendors are PS favs or not. And if you refuse to work with a vendor who works with uninformed consumers, then you better start digging for your gems and learning how to cut and set them yourself. None of the valued vendors here will refuse to sell what amounts to frozen spit to a consumer if that's what the consumer wants and/or can afford; PSers are above average in their knowledge over an average consumer but that doesn't make them more valuable to a vendor than consumers who are not as knowledgeable.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does anyone know how to edit that IG post or the screenshot? We should repost it changing the words on it to:

"Vendors that post things on LoupeTroop"

Me; "Like mosquito bites on PSers buttholes"

Touche Mr Parks..... :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey... wasn't there a brouhaha years back about a vendor having a FB post that was anti abortion and the post upset PSers? I can't find the thread. Something about the post being also graphic? Does this ring a bell?

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey... wasn't there a brouhaha years back about a vendor having a FB post that was anti abortion and the post upset PSers? I can't find the thread. Something about the post being also graphic? Does this ring a bell?
Yep. IIRC, after the initial dust settled, those with first-hand knowledge agreed that he'd posted it on his personal (not business) FB page; it was only because he'd friended them from his personal FB page that those PSers saw the post in question.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Humm..

I hope PS members are educated and informed buyers. When we ask and request vendors about their products, their policies, and requests for multiple pictures or videos, I hope vendors understand that I am spending thousands of dollars on them, their service, and professional advice. I don’t see this as being entitled or trying to be a PITA. I want to raise the standards of vendors to follow through, provide accurate information, and high level of customer service. These vendors should provide the utmost service to PS members because we will provide feedback to future customers, post our experience here and recommend to family, friends, and on social media. I believe that is a big responsibility. I won’t recommend someone, I have to question.
@MissStepcut
Is right about this...’That said, (1) someone who prefers to work with uninformed consumers isn’t someone I want to work with (2) I know vendors benefit a lot from the happiness of trusted PSers. I have seen vendors become trendy and then very very busy after a few PSers had good experiences. And sometimes, really, not even particularly special vendors.’
-C4C
* edit to correct PIA to PITA ✌️

I think that any company taking hard-earned money from people should be courteous, transparent, and communicative, and that’s regardless of whether those customers are on PS. That’s why I disagree with your belief that PSers should get preferred treatment. What you think of as preferential, I consider basic good business.

Also, you might be overestimating the ability of PS to raise standards. There are more non-PS reviews on Google, Yelp, etc. than there are PS reviews in this forum. The recent changes on the James Allen site also come to mind.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think that any company taking hard-earned money from people should be courteous, transparent, and communicative, and that’s regardless of whether those customers are on PS. That’s why I disagree with your belief that PSers should get preferred treatment. What you think of as preferential, I consider basic good business.

Also, you might be overestimating the ability of PS to raise standards. There are more non-PS reviews on Google, Yelp, etc. than there are PS reviews in this forum. The recent changes on the James Allen site also come to mind.

I completely agree. In fact I don't think I ever said to a vendor I am a PSer. Trying hard to think about this...maybe when I first called Adam from OWD in 2013? I might have said I found you from PS. Yes that's the only time.

We should all receive equal and fair treatment. That is good business.

And yes as PSers we can be a pain in the you know what because we simply know more about jewelry and are precise in what we want and need. And that can be an inconvenience to vendors. But having said that it's too bad. And as long as we are polite and cordial to them when asking our (sometimes many) questions they should respond professionally. And if we are not polite (or they do not wish to work harder to please us) then they should just say they prefer not to do business with us and leave it at that. No name calling and no foolish "jokes". It is their prerogative to either work with us or not just as it is our prerogative to work with a specific vendor or not.

I am giving Alex the benefit of the doubt. My gut says he is nice and just made a silly mistake. We all make mistakes and it's how we proceed going forward that counts. IMO.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Someone just posted this about the vendor as well :(2
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/swoon-instagram-stalking.244484/page-6#post-4566187

I do hope to one day work with him on a right hand ring but it does give me pause

Yeah - I'm out.

I dont care if someone is polite to me and keeps a smile on their face - if in the back of their mind they're viewing my comments and requests aggressively, I'm not interested.

And as for the exchange with @tjkswift - this is a 'he gets one pass, but 2 is a pattern' scenario.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah - I'm out.

I dont care if someone is polite to me and keeps a smile on their face - if in the back of their mind they're viewing my comments and requests aggressively, I'm not interested.

And as for the exchange with @tjkswift - this is a 'he gets one pass, but 2 is a pattern' scenario.

@mrs-b, I read that exchange, and it horrified me!! I am truly appalled at the way this vendor responded, regardless of how many times this individual DM’ed vendors with inquiries.
I’m out, too. :eek-2:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Never purchased anything from Alex; not sure if I ever will, though he has posted some items that have been tempting. But the two things shared on here (his post about PSers & his comments to someone else about not having ‘IG cred’ for asking questions) are rude - period. EVERY customer should be treated with respect, whether they are a first-time diamond buyer or a seasoned, picky, particular PSer ... everyone’s money spends the same, and either he wants it or he doesn’t.

tjkswift

Rough_Rock
I was the one he told that I have "bad IG credit". If that's the case, it would only be with him as he's the only IG vendor I've interacted with. As far as his insult towards PS'ers, I didn't mention to him that I was on PS.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I completely agree. In fact I don't think I ever said to a vendor I am a PSer. Trying hard to think about this...maybe when I first called Adam from OWD in 2013? I might have said I found you from PS. Yes that's the only time.

And yes as PSers we can be a pain in the you know what because we simply know more about jewelry and are precise in what we want and need. And that can be an inconvenience to vendors. But having said that it's too bad. And as long as we are polite and cordial to them when asking our (sometimes many) questions they should respond professionally. And if we are not polite (or they do not wish to work harder to please us) then they should just say they prefer not to do business with us and leave it at that. No name calling and no foolish "jokes". It is their prerogative to either work with us or not just as it is our prerogative to work with a specific vendor or not.

I am giving Alex the benefit of the doubt. My gut says he is nice and just made a silly mistake. We all make mistakes and it's how we proceed going forward that counts. IMO.

When searching for my Asschers for my anniversary band, I reached out to @diagem at GemConcepts; I was referred/encouraged by @OoohShiny to contact him, and see if he could help me. My purchase was a little tricky due to the cut & idea surrounding the purchase. I needed 7 matching Asschers within very strict measurements.
The only time I mentioned PS was at the beginning of my exchange to explain how I came upon him, as a vendor. That was it.
I believe the fact that I AM a PSer, with more knowledge than the average consumer pertaining to step cuts, assisted in his ability to clearly understand what my needs were, and how to professionally meet them. It took 2 weeks to seal the deal, and another for him to get them to me. At the time of my first contact with him, he was traveling. I believe that if he had been on site, at the time, that time would have been reduced, by about 3 days...lol!! 3 weeks TOTAL from initial contact to receipt of my package.
I do NOT believe I received preferential treatment because I’m a PSer, but I believe transparency, direct communication, and knowing EXACTLY what I wanted, and needed created a speedy exchange, and an extremely pleasant experience. Yoram is a true gem, and I refer him to friends & family, on PS, and IRL. I believe he treats all of his customers equally, regardless of PS status. He’s transparent, and a phenomenal person. A true professional in the trade.
That said, I agree with the point that vendors rely upon knowledgeable and unknowledgeable consumers, equally. Which only proves the point more that this vendor overstepped, and really took a hit, professionally.
You don’t have to be a PSer to feel exuberantly entitled; there are plenty of inexperienced diamond buyers out there with more money than they know what to do with, dropping Benjamins, and expecting the world to revolve around them to spend hundreds of thousands on low quality, big chunks of obnoxious spit.
I don’t see vendors criticizing those consumers on social media....

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The thing is the guy actively chases our business by dumping a lot of listings on LT, the place where many PSers buy and sell stuff. You can't have it both ways, actively seek out our business and then say we are like Mosquito bites on a butthole as well. I'm sure every business gets tricky customers, DEAL WITH IT.........

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
I am inclined to give people the benefit of the doubt, and we have all made bad decisions or acted in haste...but this really leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Especially when coupled with the direct IG message that was linked earlier.

Still, I would really like to give Alex the benefit of the doubt as he has beautiful and reasonably priced stones and it seems many PSers have been happy with their experiences.

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock

Thinking about this I’m pretty sure I have told vendors up front that I’m a PSer. I assumed that I would be more specific and have different standards than the average consumer and wanted that to be clear up front. I did that when getting quotes for my large eternity from several vendors, and all responded with professionalism. Had they not, that would have been a huge red flag.

I really want to work with vendors who appreciate consumers who are educated about their products. This is a field where the product is wearable art, often intended to pass down through generations. Emotions are involved. My hope is that vendors would actually *enjoy* working with those of us who take the time to educate ourselves (even as to the smallest of details, as is the norm on PS), as our appreciation for a job well-done will be correspondingly greater than average.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results