shape
carat
color
clarity

(Just) *THIIIIINKING* of a re-set (similar to T&Co Bezet)… need some ideas and input, please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Now no lectures, OK?! I said I am just *THIIIIIIINKING!* about it!
12.gif
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

I have had my beautiful fishtail pave’ set for over 3 years now and I still love it. But I am having an “itch” that I just *may* need to scratch!

But first, I need some help, please. (I’ve been hashing this over with Demelza, and we thought I should bring it to the PS roundtable!)

The e-ring would be inspired by the T&Co Bezet rings. I love the simplicity of the bezel style and I love the tubular shank. And I think it would be beautiful with my (2.36) round.

But -- I do not love the head of round Bezet. In person, 2 sides are solid metal and 2 sides are open. It looks clunky and awkward to me.
So, here are my questions right now:

1. Any suggestions for a head that incorporates the bezel onto the tubular shank, while maintaining the smooth, sleek, and modern look?

2. Does a bezel really add “oomph” (aka, the illusion of additional SIZE!
31.gif
) to a diamond, or considering that the complete outer edge of the stone is covered by the bezel, is it basically a wash?

THANKS!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
funny thing is I have been thinking alot and browsing tooo much on bezels recently... and thought of these for you, though I don''t like how Knox''s ring is all closed up, Prefer the collette style of the first with the open pavilion hope this helps some.

lynbresetbezelideas09091.JPG

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
D&T,

Hey THANKS for the reply and the photos. Yes, there is something somewhat intoxicating about all these gorgeous BEZELS, isn''t there?!

I''m with you, not loving the closed-in head of the Knox... but that first picture is LOVELY! Definitely on the right track!

I LOVE the idea of the open pavilion because one thing I do not love about my current setting is that (because of the pave) I am not comfortable putting it in the ultrasonic, and therefore I never feel like my center stone is squeaky clean... and that bugs me to no end!!!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/21/2009 7:00:11 PM

Author:
diamondseeker2006
6.gif
23.gif
32.gif

HEY!!! No FLACK from the Peanut Gallery!!!

2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
So, here's the head from the T&Co round bezet.

Looks like a space helmet! (Well, DOESN'T it???!!)
1.gif

Space_Helmet_Ring_1.jpg

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Here's an Etienne Perret bezel... lovely, and I do like how low the stone sits... but I think I prefer a "full circle" shank to the "broken" shank (open under the head). (Is there a name for that?)

CDSRingEP6.JPG

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Then there''s Coati''s beautiful ring... which, although an entirely different "style" than I am going for (vintage vs. modern) ... it still makes a beautiful profile that could perhaps be tweaked or modified to work???

bezelb77aa.jpg

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Here's one from BGD's blog.
I'd want the shank *tubular*, of course... and the diamond set lower... and maybe the "bridge" under the stone a little thinner... but it holds promise!!!
Thoughts? Comments??!

BGD_bezel_1.jpg

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock

And I guess I should post a picture of the !#$% rings that pretty much started it all!

23.gif
2.gif
9.gif

T&Co_BezelARGH.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/21/2009 7:19:11 PM
Author: Lynn B

Date: 9/21/2009 7:00:11 PM

Author:
diamondseeker2006
6.gif
23.gif
32.gif

HEY!!! No FLACK from the Peanut Gallery!!!

2.gif
1.gif
9.gif
I need that ROTFLOL emoticon!!!! I remember well how opposed I was to the last reset, and then I LOVED the reset! So I''m not sayin'' a word this time!!!
9.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/21/2009 7:45:18 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006

I need that ROTFLOL emoticon!!!! I remember well how opposed I was to the last reset, and then I LOVED the reset! So I''m not sayin'' a word this time!!!
9.gif
I know, I remember!!! I actually thought of you when I made this thread tonight... and then your right away reply *CRACKED!!!!* me up!!! Too, tooooo funny!
9.gif

Yeah, I''m insane. And we all know it!
37.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lynn-mine fits the bill fairly well for what you want except that it''s a cushion of course. Mark at ERD made mine.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
But Lynn...! Your fishtail!

Did you see the sterling bezel setting Julia Taylor made for my I1 S Infinity?

IMG_5709.jpg

I1Shand12.jpg

I1Shand11.jpg

The SMTR thread.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For added oomph, why not just change to a fluted 6 prong head? The cup shaped 6 prong head adds size big time.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
what about 4 hearts flying saucer ring? It is *still* one of my absolute fav rings for a round!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
whoops 3 hearts - and there it is!!

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
Lynn, That''s so funny about you wanting to change your fishtail pave set because your set is my dream set on here. Someday I had plans on getting a wedding set like yours made. But I can see what you mean about not cleaning it in the ultrasonic is one thing you seem not to like about your set. Can''t help you on the bezel much though. Never really considered one for myself, although there''s some gorgeous ones here on PS.

One thing you might want to consider is that if you get a bezel set wedding band that it still might not be a good idea to put it in the ultrasonic. Brian and Lesley made me a bezel diamond and sapphire eternity band, and they told me they really prefer that I don''t use the ultrasonic. As a result, like you, I never feel like I get my beautiful band totally clean.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I would definitely consider either James or Caleb Meyer for a bezel set ring. They have nekkid culets
2.gif
I gather that you''re not looking for a halo. That''s what I got to scratch my itch
17.gif

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Hey Lynn B!

Re the added size thing, I tried a 2ct Bezet at Tiffs and I thought it was a 3ct (before they told me it was a 2ct). I compared it with a classic Tiff 6 prong 2ct and it looked waaaaaay bigger.

Truly wuly it looked like a 3ct to me. (and I''ve browsed a LOT of rings hee hee) I was blown away at how much size it added.

I agree about the head. I like the KNox with the open pav.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/21/2009 9:40:22 PM
Author: D&T
This belongs to 3hearts done by WF https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-k.48040/

hand39.jpg
Thanks D&T for reminding me of this ring. I had forgotten about it!

DSC00218123.JPG

I have always LOVED 3H's KILLER DIAMOND
30.gif
and setting, and it really is a LOT like I *THINK* I am going for... but can anyone suggest any way to make it a wee bit less "futuristic" looking? I definitely want *modern*, but all I can think about is her DDs "alilens have landed" comment!!!
2.gif

THANKS!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/22/2009 4:35:29 PM

This belongs to 3hearts done by WF https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-k.48040/

hand39.jpg

30.gif
and setting, and it really is a LOT like I *THINK* I am going for... but can anyone suggest any way to make it a wee bit less 'futuristic' looking? I definitely want *modern*, but all I can think about is her DDs 'alilens have landed' comment!!!
2.gif

THANKS!
how bout making it swoop just a wee bit instead of straight angle on the shoulder part like the knox profile view??

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/21/2009 7:56:20 PM
Author: neatfreak
Lynn-mine fits the bill fairly well for what you want except that it''s a cushion of course. Mark at ERD made mine.
Yeah, NF, yours really is fitting the bill. I found your thread
30.gif
but there really aren''t any "from the side" photos. Could you maybe post a few? Pretty, pretty PLEEEZE???!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

(Thank you!)
36.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/22/2009 4:47:50 PM

Date: 9/22/2009 4:35:29 PM

hand39.jpg

30.gif
and setting, and it really is a LOT like I *THINK* I am going for... but can anyone suggest any way to make it a wee bit less 'futuristic' looking? I definitely want *modern*, but all I can think about is her DDs 'alilens have landed' comment!!!
2.gif

THANKS!

how bout making it swoop just a wee bit instead of straight angle on the shoulder part?
D&T,
Ooooh, that's a good idea. Which of our contenders (or any others?) are most like what you have in mind?
THANKS!
L

ETA: I wonder if I can truly achieve what I envision with a tubular shank??? THAT is the one design element I LOVE, though! If I can't figure out JUUUUST how to do it with a tubular shank, I may just give up the idea!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
here is another I have saved from my folder when I first joined in, but sadly don''t know where or whom it belongs to
15.gif

full bezel ringdt09-11.JPG

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/21/2009 7:35:50 PM
Here''s one from BGD''s blog.
I''d want the shank *tubular*, of course... and the diamond set lower... and maybe the ''bridge'' under the stone a little thinner... but it holds promise!!!
Thoughts? Comments??!
oooh, I like this but I agree thinner would be beeeeeautiful
9.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/22/2009 4:54:00 PM
here is another I have saved from my folder when I first joined in, but sadly don''t know where or whom it belongs to
15.gif
Love this without the knobs on either side... If the sides can come up on either side and be more fluid and graceful it would be perfect IMHO...

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/22/2009 4:54:00 PM
15.gif

D&T,

That one holds promise, too! I LOVE the swoopiness of the shoulders... just not the "knobs". Wonder if it could be made without those?

You are a WEALTH of information in this thread and I THANK YOU!!!

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

IMG_0219 (Small).JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results