shape
carat
color
clarity

(Just) *THIIIIINKING* of a re-set (similar to T&Co Bezet)… need some ideas and input, please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Lynn, I think you will love a BEZEL!!!! I too went for it on my 3 stone and absolutely loves it !!!!! I had mine done by Brian Gavin. I think you on the right track. My stone lookes huge compared to the 6 prong head.

IMG_0218 (Small).JPG

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/21/2009 8:14:58 PM
Author: Laila619
For added oomph, why not just change to a fluted 6 prong head? The cup shaped 6 prong head adds size big time.
Laila,
Do you have a picture of this?

I don''t have a peg head -- mine is integrated into the shank design, so I don''t think I could just swap out heads ... but I would like to see what you are referring to, please!

Thank you!

Lynn

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Lynn,

Here's an example of the fluted Tiffany 6 prong I was talking about. They add a bit of size to the center stone IMO because much like a halo or bezel, it outlines the stone.

swoopy prongs123.jpg

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/22/2009 9:09:43 PM
Author: Laila619
Hi Lynn,

Here''s an example of the fluted Tiffany 6 prong I was talking about. They add a bit of size to the center stone IMO because much like a halo or bezel, it outlines the stone.
Thanks, Laila! Very beautiful, indeed!
30.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, Missy - another possible project! I have to say that in times gone by I wouldn''t have considered a bezel set ring for myself but the more I see of them, the more I like them!

I think they would make a stone look larger - anytime you put a circle around something your eye is drawn to the outer edges. You certainly get it with a halo and even though some halos are made from very tiny delicate stones the center still looks larger. I don''t think you''d add half a carat size but I do think it would look somewhat bigger. I think the key is getting just the right amount of metal around the stone - and I would definitely be drawn to minimal. I also think I''d want the bezel to be rounded on the edges - no hard metal edges. The profile shots of the bezel settings are really something else - quite beautiful!

I have always admired NeatFreak''s bezel setting - if you look at her prong setting (before the ''accident'') and then compare it to her current bezel setting I think it faces up larger. It''s just a very clean look - and I am always a sucker for shiny diamonds and polished metal!

What would you do for a band - keep your current one or choose a sleeker look?

This is very interesting and intriguing. . . I will be following your story closely!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/22/2009 5:08:40 PM
Author: woobug02
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Lynn, I think you will love a BEZEL!!!! I too went for it on my 3 stone and absolutely loves it !!!!! I had mine done by Brian Gavin. I think you on the right track. My stone lookes huge compared to the 6 prong head.
Your ring is beautiful, Woo!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I totally ***puffy heart*** Tiffany Bezet rings!!

I''d love to bezel (or halo) my 3 carater so I totally support your plan (whether firm or tentative) to bezel yr gorgeous stone, Lynn.....not that I''m enabling or anything.........yeah...I totally am!!
2.gif
9.gif

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Lynn! Have you seen the bezel done by Leon? I believe it is in his modern section. I have a semi bezel and I was wondering if it makes a stone look bigger.

I have a 2.57 and someone recently asked me if it was 3 ct. But I thought that was basically because there is not a whole love of visual difference between the
two when you compare a 2.50 to a 3.

I think your setting looks beautiful on you, but I love the ''clean-ness'' of a bezel as well. You dont think you would miss the extra sparklie of the side stones?
You could still wear your band with a simple setting. I stack a eternity and a tiny band with mine and I love the versatility of changing it up. But at times I wish
it was a little more ornate.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lynn- don''t laugh, but I found a pretty profile on another bezel (very thick shank) and thought of this... I was playing around in paint...sorry no photoshop software
39.gif
but this is something that I''ve been thinking about lately too. I dont know if this is doable or if you even like it, but just a thought and some how incorporate the tubular shank?...

bezelmockupdt0909.JPG

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sorry should have added this to show you the actual profile of the ring that I butchered for the above pictured.

profilebezeldt0909.JPG

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/23/2009 4:25:55 PM
Author: D&T
Lynn- don''t laugh, but I found a pretty profile on another bezel (very thick shank) and thought of this... I was playing around in paint...sorry no photoshop software
39.gif
but this is something that I''ve been thinking about lately too. I dont know if this is doable or if you even like it, but just a thought and some how incorporate the tubular shank?...
D&T,
Hey, girlfriend, believe me, I am not laughing! I really appreciate all you have contributed to this thread, and I can''t thank you enough! That is another idea well worth considering.
36.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/23/2009 5:07:37 PM
Author: Lynn B

D&T,
Hey, girlfriend, believe me, I am not laughing! I really appreciate all you have contributed to this thread, and I can''t thank you enough! That is another idea well worth considering.
36.gif
anytime sweetie! its so much fun to see what you''ll come up with if you do decide to move forward.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/22/2009 10:12:26 PM
Author: MissGotRocks
OK, Missy - another possible project! I have to say that in times gone by I wouldn''t have considered a bezel set ring for myself but the more I see of them, the more I like them!

I think they would make a stone look larger - anytime you put a circle around something your eye is drawn to the outer edges. You certainly get it with a halo and even though some halos are made from very tiny delicate stones the center still looks larger. I don''t think you''d add half a carat size but I do think it would look somewhat bigger. I think the key is getting just the right amount of metal around the stone - and I would definitely be drawn to minimal. I also think I''d want the bezel to be rounded on the edges - no hard metal edges. The profile shots of the bezel settings are really something else - quite beautiful!

I have always admired NeatFreak''s bezel setting - if you look at her prong setting (before the ''accident'') and then compare it to her current bezel setting I think it faces up larger. It''s just a very clean look - and I am always a sucker for shiny diamonds and polished metal!

This is very interesting and intriguing. . . I will be following your story closely!
Hey Patty,

Thanks for your interest!
1.gif
"Interesting" and "intriguing"? Yeah, I like that better than "fickle" and "insane"!!!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

For a band, I would get a matching (tubular) plain platinum band. That''s all. Sleek and simple. And I''d likely hang onto my fishtail pave and wear that w-ring alone when I wanted a little solo bling, like when traveling, etc. I doubt it would look right with the new e-ring.

Hey, can you possibly please post some links to Neatfreak''s bezel threads? I did a search but I wasn''t successful in finding what you are referring to... and somehow I must have missed the "accident". THANK YOU!

L

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
And to everyone else who has posted their ideas, comments, encouragement
2.gif
, etc., THANK YOU ALL!

I am reading and re-reading every post and... youse guys are DA'' BEST!!!
36.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/23/2009 5:19:21 PM

Date: 9/22/2009 10:12:26 PM

Hey Patty,

Thanks for your interest!
1.gif
''Interesting'' and ''intriguing''? Yeah, I like that better than ''fickle'' and ''insane''!!!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

For a band, I would get a matching (tubular) plain platinum band. That''s all. Sleek and simple. And I''d likely hang onto my fishtail pave and wear that w-ring alone when I wanted a little solo bling, like when traveling, etc. I doubt it would look right with the new e-ring.

Hey, can you possibly please post some links to Neatfreak''s bezel threads? I did a search but I wasn''t successful in finding what you are referring to... and somehow I must have missed the ''accident''. THANK YOU!

L
No, Lynn, no use to call names - we are all a bit insane regarding diamonds - ha! No need to repeat the obvious!

I am intrigued by this - could be very interesting and very beautiful! I love the plain band idea as well - it would really make your stone pop IMO. Your fishtail mounting is a real beauty too but what you are thinking about puts the full focus on your gorgeous stone. Don''t you find that as life goes by the simpler the better is the better idea? Boy, I sure do!

I see D&T already posted NeatFreak''s thread - thanks! - and the accident involved her prong set ring going down the sink. Everytime I think about it I get cold chills down my spine because it would be an easy thing to happen to any of us. Thankfully her stone was saved and she got the bezel set she had always thought she wanted. I just think hers is very elegant but certainly not the only beautiful bezel setting here.

Are you thinking of having something made incorporating all of your ideas or would the ideal thing be to find one already made (or made to fit your stone)?

I don''t know why but I am mesmerized by your idea - can''t wait to see what you come up with. The beauty of being female is that we can change our minds so quickly - and you might very well decide not to do it at all. However, I''m here with you girlie!
36.gif

KittyBling

Shiny_Rock
I don''t have any bezel suggestions for you but I just wanted to say I find it funny you want to change back to something sleek and simple. Personally I love simple solitaire sets, buttt yours and Diamondnut''s sets are the only ones that made me second guess what I want! I always wondered though if I went with pave would I eventually want to change back to something simple... I guess I should stick to the plain sleek solitaire look
3.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/23/2009 5:41:23 PM

No, Lynn, no use to call names - we are all a bit insane regarding diamonds - ha! No need to repeat the obvious!

I am intrigued by this - could be very interesting and very beautiful! I love the plain band idea as well - it would really make your stone pop IMO. Your fishtail mounting is a real beauty too but what you are thinking about puts the full focus on your gorgeous stone. Don't you find that as life goes by the simpler the better is the better idea? Boy, I sure do!

I see D&T already posted NeatFreak's thread - thanks! - and the accident involved her prong set ring going down the sink. Everytime I think about it I get cold chills down my spine because it would be an easy thing to happen to any of us. Thankfully her stone was saved and she got the bezel set she had always thought she wanted. I just think hers is very elegant but certainly not the only beautiful bezel setting here.

Are you thinking of having something made incorporating all of your ideas or would the ideal thing be to find one already made (or made to fit your stone)?

I don't know why but I am mesmerized by your idea - can't wait to see what you come up with. The beauty of being female is that we can change our minds so quickly - and you might very well decide not to do it at all. However, I'm here with you girlie!
36.gif

Awwwwwwww, Patty! THANKS!

To answer your question... my *plan* (IF I even do this) would be to get the rings custom made, likely by one of our PS vendors. (And I better choose a very patient and long-suffering one, huh?!!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif
)

I figure I'd better have a PRETTY GOOD idea of what I want before I approach anyone. (Thus the brainstorming and ideas of this thread!) Then from there I guess we'd work on tweaking the design and CADs, etc., until the **TA DA!** moment when it looked perfect to me!

The whole idea of the project truly excites me but it also makes me a little nervous! Unlike NF, I don't *HAVE* to get a new setting... I still have a beautiful setting already. And a reset is still gonna be a chunk o' change... and I really need to feel 100% confident that I am gonna LOVE IT.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/23/2009 5:57:59 PM

Date: 9/23/2009 5:41:23 PM

I am intrigued by this - could be very interesting and very beautiful! I love the plain band idea as well - it would really make your stone pop IMO. Your fishtail mounting is a real beauty too but what you are thinking about puts the full focus on your gorgeous stone. Don''t you find that as life goes by the simpler the better is the better idea? Boy, I sure do!

I see D&T already posted NeatFreak''s thread - thanks! - and the accident involved her prong set ring going down the sink. Everytime I think about it I get cold chills down my spine because it would be an easy thing to happen to any of us. Thankfully her stone was saved and she got the bezel set she had always thought she wanted. I just think hers is very elegant but certainly not the only beautiful bezel setting here.

I don''t know why but I am mesmerized by your idea - can''t wait to see what you come up with. The beauty of being female is that we can change our minds so quickly - and you might very well decide not to do it at all. However, I''m here with you girlie!
36.gif

Awwwwwwww, Patty! THANKS!

To answer your question... my *plan* (IF I even do this) would be to get the rings custom made, likely by one of our PS vendors. (And I better choose a very patient and long-suffering one, huh?!!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif
)

I figure I''d better have a PRETTY GOOD idea of what I want before I approach anyone. (Thus the brainstorming and ideas of this thread!) Then from there I guess we''d work on tweaking the design and CADs, etc., until the **TA DA!** moment when it looked perfect to me!

The whole idea of the project truly excites me but it also makes me a little nervous! Unlike NF, I don''t *HAVE* to get a new setting... I still have a beautiful setting already. And a reset is still gonna be a chunk o'' change... and I really need to feel 100% confident that I am gonna LOVE IT.
I so understand and these types of mountings come few and far between in most retail jewelry stores so it''s hard to find something comparable to try on your own hand. We''ll just keep looking for ideas - the good news is you are in no rush and don''t have to do this at all - so you can take your good sweet time looking!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/23/2009 5:57:07 PM
Author: KittyBling
I don''t have any bezel suggestions for you but I just wanted to say I find it funny you want to change back to something sleek and simple. Personally I love simple solitaire sets, buttt yours and Diamondnut''s sets are the only ones that made me second guess what I want! I always wondered though if I went with pave would I eventually want to change back to something simple... I guess I should stick to the plain sleek solitaire look
3.gif
KB,

I don''t know what to tell you about that!

I will be the first to admit that my fishtail pave set will be a TOUGH ACT to follow!!!

KittyBling

Shiny_Rock
I came across these two lovely MWM bezel settings if you scroll down the page. Just thought I'd add them here!

ETA: Link should work now

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/23/2009 6:52:12 PM
Author: KittyBling
I came across these two lovely MWM bezel settings if you scroll down the page. Just thought I''d add them here!
Your link doesn''t work for me...

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
OK, bringing this back up because I am still debating this and YOU GUYS AREN'T OFF THE HOOK YET!!!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

I have pretty much decided that if I do this reset project, I will go with BGD. I actually talked with Brian today about my options. He sounded very excited about the thoughts of making a bezel setting for my stone. His enthusiasm was quite contagious. And he said that he felt very confident that once we officially started the project, the CADs, etc., that we could design a bezel head that I would just *LOVE*. Very, very compelling!!!

In the meantime... let's throw one more idea into the mix!

What do you guys think of something like THIS? This is LE's killer Leon, from this thread: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-wf-diamond-and-lm-setting.75981/ and I have ALWAYS loved this ring. Imagine it with my 2.36... it's gorgeous with this 1.31!!! [swooning!]
30.gif

LEWFLM2.jpg

LEWFLM1.jpg

I know... apples and oranges!!! What's a girl to do when she loves two completely different styles?!
39.gif

Advice? Input? Addtional suggestions? Pros? Cons???!! XANAX????!
9.gif

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lynn,

I must say, I''ve been following this and I find your bubbly enthusiasm completely endearing
1.gif
9.gif

Based on your last project... whatever you decide will be gorgeous. That said, you seem so excited about the bezel idea! The solitaire, while gorgeous, is a simpler version of what you''ve got now, and I think the bezel will satisfy any need for something totally new and different.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/8/2009 7:50:10 PM
Author: yssie
Lynn,

I must say, I''ve been following this and I find your bubbly enthusiasm completely endearing
1.gif
9.gif

Based on your last project... whatever you decide will be gorgeous. That said, you seem so excited about the bezel idea! The solitaire, while gorgeous, is a simpler version of what you''ve got now, and I think the bezel will satisfy any need for something totally new and different.
Awwww, yssie, thanks for the sweet post and the encouraging support.
1.gif

Well, there are certain advantages to the 4 prong solitaire setting... one of them being I could still wear my fishtail pave w-ring w/ it if I wanted to. That''s pretty advantageous!

And I do worry a little that the bezel may be just a tad tooooo "modern" or "trendy" and maybe I would be beter off staying with "classic" and "timeless".

I guess it seems like the solitaire is the "safer" choice. The bezel is exciting and quite different, but it''s a "risk"... and that kinda skeers me!!!
23.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/8/2009 7:38:05 PM
OK, bringing this back up because I am still debating this and YOU GUYS AREN''T OFF THE HOOK YET!!!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

I have pretty much decided that if I do this reset project, I will go with BGD. I actually talked with Brian today about my options. He sounded very excited about the thoughts of making a bezel setting for my stone. His enthusiasm was quite contagious. And he said that he felt very confident that once we officially started the project, the CADs, etc., that we could design a bezel head that I would just *LOVE*. Very, very compelling!!!

In the meantime... let''s throw one more idea into the mix!

What do you guys think of something like THIS? This is LE''s killer Leon, from this thread: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-wf-diamond-and-lm-setting.75981/ and I have ALWAYS loved this ring. Imagine it with my 2.36... it''s gorgeous with this 1.31!!! [swooning!]
30.gif

I know... apples and oranges!!! What''s a girl to do when she loves two completely different styles?!
39.gif

Advice? Input? Addtional suggestions? Pros? Cons???!! XANAX????!
9.gif
you get two e-rings
11.gif
31.gif

But seriously This is also a gorgeous solitaire! and how bout pairing it with a huge old eternity band or five or seven stone band with it (not sure if you already have a five or seven stone?)?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah, I didn''t consider the w-band. Definitely a pro for the solitaire!

Hehe however will you decide
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results