shape
carat
color
clarity

Infinity I1 S color, set in silver

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
It''s shipping today!

Diamond specs: 1.45 ct I1 clarity, S color, strong blue fluorescence Crafted by Infinity--yes, that''s right, Infinity cut an I1 S! Thread about the diamond

Setting: Custom bezel setting by Julia Taylor, made of Argentium sterling silver. Argentium sterling is a hard, malleable, tarnish-resistant alloy of sterling (.925) silver that replaces some of the copper with germanium. I chose silver to bring out the sunny yellow color of the stone.

I think it''s safe to say I''ll be the only person alive wearing an AGS 0 light performance I1 S diamond set in sterling silver.

Here are Julia''s photos:

juliaI1S11.jpg

Doesn''t she do beautiful bezels?

juliaI1S10.jpg

Side view.

juliaI1S12.jpg

OMG, that is so beautiful!!! The diamond looks perfect in that setting, what a great choice you made! I really love this, I think the setting compliments the stone so well. I''ll bet you can''t wait to get this on your finger! And I can''t wait to see hand shots!

glitterata, that ring looks amazing!
36.gif
The setting is so pretty and sleek and I love the colour of that S!

Wow, Glitter, it''s truly beautiful!! LOVE the simplicity. And I didn''t know there was such a thing as this sterling you used, interesting.

Congrats, you have a very unique, beautiful ring!

GORGEOUS. I love that Art Deco swoop of the pieces connecting the bezel and the shank ....

I really really like it.

The setting and diamond are both beautiful.

Stunning stone and beautiful setting. It''s very JMish. It''s lovely, and all goes to prove that "cut is king".

I wouldn''t mind having one myself and DiaBlu gave me the best line of reasoning this summer for buying a lower color diamond in the future. They look better with a tan, and boy am I tan.

I think your S is gorgeous and the only way we can really see her color is in the side view photo.

Just got through reading the thread about your diamond - so cool! I really enjoyed Paul's info on the history of your stone.
The ring turned out just beautiful! Love the sparkly, pale lemon yellow/ginger ale color and the simple, elegant JKT setting.
30.gif

Looking forward to seeing handshots.

Thank you, Junebug, Adi, Ellen, Circe, Kenny, OddOne, GemGirl, & Legra!

GemGirl, I actually HOPE the color does show, not just from the side. I want it to be a warm, sunny, light yellow. That''s why I set it in silver--to make it look yellower in contrast with the white metal.

I''m not sure how well the photos I posted capture the color. Julia says she''ll be sending some better pictures today that she''s taking to post on her website, so I''ll share them when they come.

The ring itself should be here Friday or Saturday.

Very pretty glitterata! It came out looking fab!

It''s gorgeous!!!

Pefect setting for the ring! Love it!

I love it! What a cool idea. How long did it take you to find an S?

LOVE IT!!! dynamite!!!

Thank you, Laila, kribbie, tlh, princess, and Skippy!

Princess, I wasn''t really looking for an S, but I saw it and it won my heart. It was on Wink''s site for a while. Then someone else got it sent out on approval and I was mad at myself for not buying it first. That person didn''t end up keeping it, so I snapped it up as soon as I saw it back on Wink''s site.

I think it will be a long time before another one appears. But who knows? Maybe my experience will spark an S craze and the vendors will make their manufacturers cut them some S''s.

Beautiful. I can''t wait to see more pictures.

HI:

As always, wonderful!!

cheers--Sharon

Lovely!

And I agree, Julia does make good bezels!

It''s really lovely! Can''t wait to see more if it!

Wow, it''s awesome!!!!!!!!

Thank you, dh, Sharon, MTG, and Snicklefritz!

Julia just sent me a ton of photos with better color balance. Here goes!

juliaI1S13.jpg

Mmm, fiery yellow! I love the way the diamond reflects in the band underneath it.

juliaI1S14.jpg

This is the first straight-on profile I''ve seen so far.

juliaI1S15.jpg

View from the top.

juliaI1S16.jpg

Last one, for now.

juliaI1S17.jpg

Glitterata, I love your new stone and ring!!!!

There''s something just so romantic about warm coloured stones. Can''t wait to see your hand shots.

Pretty!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP