shape
carat
color
clarity

I bought Wink''s 1.45 I1 S!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
It was me--I''m the one who bought Wink''s 1.45 S I1, this diamond.

It''s spectacular. The color of sunshine.

Will someone please explain to me why S color is supposed to be ugly? I don''t understand it at all. I like it just as much as colorless--it''s different, but no less beautiful.

The clarity is perfect for me, too. I can see a little ring of inclusions under the table if I look very close. I like that--I think it''s romantic to see little baby diamonds inside my diamond.

Pictures will follow, but they don''t do this beauty justice.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Arrows:

I1S1.jpg

glitterata

Ideal_Rock

I1S3.jpg

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Showing its inclusions under the table:

I1S2.jpg

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Wow!!! That''s a beauty! You''re preaching to the choir here regarding stones with color. I love the personality!!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Fire, with a couple arrows:

I1S6.jpg

amyjokerette

Shiny_Rock
Its a lovely sunny color! Congrats!!!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Next to my grandmother''s transitional cut F:

I1S7.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think S diamonds are beautiful and have been eyeing that puppy for a while. Just didn''t have the budget for it. SO happy it went to such a perfect home! ENJOY!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, Gypsy, Amy, & Upgradable!

With my other grandmother''s OEC L:

I1S8.jpg

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
The three together. This picture doesn''t show the relative sizes well--the ones closer to the camera appear much bigger, but they''re actually close in size, with the OEC about 20 points bigger than the S Infinity, which is about 5 points bigger than the transitional cut.

I1S9.jpg

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
And a side view:

I1S10.jpg

Lula

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been visiting that lovely on Wink''s site as well! Glitterata, you are a lucky lady! What are your plans for a setting?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, Sara!

I want to set it in a way that brings out the yellow as much as possible, so that will probably mean a white metal. I was considering high carat yellow gold, but when I held the diamond against some 18k and 22K pieces I have, it washed out the color and made the diamond look whiter, which is not what I want.

I''m seriously considering setting it in sterling silver, in some plain, modern, not-too-chunky style. Does anyone have advice about that? I will make sure the setting is strong enough to hold the diamond securely, of course! Maybe a bezel, although I would like to be able to see the color from the side.

I''m considering amethyst or purple sapphire side stones, to bring out the yellow with the contrast in colors. But my husband doesn''t like that idea--he wants me to go with a plain, white-metal setting.

And my other thought is to put it in the setting my OEC is currently in, a platinum edwardian-style repro, and move the OEC to the lovely James Meyer bezel that''s so popular here. But I blew my jewelry budget for the next million years on this diamond, so that won''t happen any time soon.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a BEAUTIFUL colored diamond! You are a lucky lady!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ooohh Its gorgeous!
30.gif

Lula

Ideal_Rock
That''s really interesting about the 18 and 22 kt. gold washing out the yellow in the stone. I love your idea of colored side stones, btw, but I know you''re sticking with white metal for now. I love, love the settings at
engagement-ring-mountings.com. They have a lot of modern-not-too-clunky designs with a choice of metals and their prices are pretty good.

Here''s a lovely vintage-styled fishtail mounting that''s got a modern edge to it (doesn''t another PS''er have this setting?)
fishtail setting

They have some sleek-looking bezels, too.
bezel

And I''ve always loved this classic four-prong solitaire.
solitaire

I think the bezel style would look great in sterling silver.

amyjokerette

Shiny_Rock
Would you ever consider yellow gold prongs to accentuate the warmth of the stone?
Something like this only a solitaire?

yellowdiamond_goldprongs1.gif

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the kind words, Lorelei, April, & D&T!

Sara, I really like the last two--the bezel and the 4-prong settings. I think I prefer the bezel, but it would hide the yellowy side view.

Amy, the problem with yellow gold prongs is that I think they will make my stone look whiter, not yellower. When I nestled it in yellow gold chains I have, the color washed out and the diamond looked whiter. It seems to look yellower in contrast with white metals.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nice. :)

Congrats. :)

I guess the previous PS who request for the video didn''t buy it.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
The previous buyer found it too yellow. But I love the yellowness.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 7/14/2009 5:24:17 PM
Author: glitterata
The previous buyer found it too yellow. But I love the yellowness.
Just a note, the previous buyer was a looker. Everyone gets the chance to look first and then buy if they like.

It is wonderful that you got to be the buyer after you looked!

I thought you would be a buyer, it just had so many of the qualities that you love.

Wink

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/14/2009 4:34:20 PM
Author: glitterata
Thanks for the kind words, Lorelei, April, & D&T!

Sara, I really like the last two--the bezel and the 4-prong settings. I think I prefer the bezel, but it would hide the yellowy side view.

Amy, the problem with yellow gold prongs is that I think they will make my stone look whiter, not yellower. When I nestled it in yellow gold chains I have, the color washed out and the diamond looked whiter. It seems to look yellower in contrast with white metals.
Most welcome glitterata, you always find the BEST diamonds! This one is a sunset white, absolutely gorgeous!!!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stone!

I've never seen an S in person. . .I bet it looks dynamite.

jet2ks

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 3:39:39 PM
Author:glitterata

It''s spectacular. The color of sunshine.
Beautiful. I love your description of the color.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! Did you trade up your other Infinity I1 for this, or do you have both now?

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Glitterata, does this look interesting? It is a ring from Sally at Heart of Water Jewels on etsy.

il_430xN_77838382.jpg

joelly

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
I have been eyeing that like forever. Wow!!! The color is soooo unique. Enjoy!!!!
35.gif

Why not put it in James Meyer bezel setting? The white gold will accentuate and emphasize your diamond golden color. Just a thought.

I am so happy for you and thanks for letting us know. I''ve been eyeing it since it was available so it''s good to know that it has a home now.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous stone!
30.gif
18.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results