shape
carat
color
clarity

Just received my 4+ carat Whiteflash ring.Great experience

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I'm actually speechless!
9.gif
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

what a beauty................. gulp!
Nan

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Nice ring. It will be nice to see the pics you take yourself to really see the true beauty of the ring. The ones from the online companies always look a bit photoshopy if you know what I mean.
Congrats on your lovely ring
1.gif

finerthings

Brilliant_Rock
Solange, forget about the manicure, with a ring like yours you can bet we won't be looking at your nails!!!
wink2.gif

foundnemo

Shiny_Rock
Nice, BIG bling!

Are you insured?
naughty.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
It's amazing.

sluke

Shiny_Rock
Oh...soooo beautiful! I am drooling! I worked with Lesley too, and I love my Whiteflash ring, but your's is simply heaven...

Please post pictures with wearing it. With such a gorgeous stone, no one will care what your nails look like!

69gm

Shiny_Rock
okay, i have to say that when i saw the picture, my eyes popped right outta my head.

so if anyone finds them i'd appreciate getting them back.
9.gif

i really am stunned! beautiful stone, beautiful setting.

you must be the envy of all your friends!
9.gif
2.gif

solange

Brilliant_Rock
I have some concerns about the insurance of my ring. Has anyone had any experience with Liberty Mutual? I do have other insurance with them so had no trouble getting a policy.

I had my ring sent to a private appraiser who verified the Sarin, did an OGI and verified all the GIA information. However since he wanted an extra $200 to appraise the value, I left that to Whiteflash since they send all their merchandise to an independent appraiser.

Their appraiser appraised it for about twice what I paid as a replacement value. I felt that was too much and I would prefer to have it appraised for what I could replace it for myself based on prices on Pricescope. I have been reading here that insurance companies can get replacement stones at better prices and I did not want to over insure it so I asked Lesley to have it reappraised for a minimum replacement value. This still came to about $4,000 more than I paid. The ring was under my budget but Lesley said she had happened to find a great deal since I had been willing to wait a few months. It was very difficult to find a totally eye clean Ideal cut SI2 in this size.

Now I received a call from my insurance agent stating that their underwriter says they cannot possibly insure the ring for this amount because, based on the Sarin, GIA and and other information the appraiser provided they could not replace this ring for this amount and we will have to add yet another several thousand dollars more than we paid to our policy to cover the ring. We have other insurance with this company so I assume they want our business but I wonder what I should do. My husband handled the insurance and asked no questions so I will have to call them on Monday and find out what their policy is as to cash payment in case of loss since the ring is now so heavily insured.

Of course, this means that I got a great price from Whiteflash, in addition to great service, but I am wondering if I am being ripped off by the insurance company. What they are telling me is that it would cost them several thousand dollars more to replace this ring at this time than I was able to purchase it from Whiteflash.

I would appreciate advice from anyone with experience in working with insurance claims.I am thrilled with the ring and will post pictures on my hand as requested as soon as I get a chance. Thank you all for your wonderful comments. This is really a great site and a great group of helpful,friendly people. Thanks to Pricescope I found a great ring at a great price from a great vendor.

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Solange,

What an incredible diamond!!! WOW!!!
10.gif
It is a beauty.

As for the insurance, the first thing I would find out is if your insurance company would pay your claim in cash rather than replacement. If they will, I think I would try to get it in writing from them that they have insisted you pay insurance on a higher value because it will cost them more than what you paid for them to replace (pay out on) if something happens to it. That way if something happens, they have to pay you the full value. That still leaves you paying higher costs for the insurance though.

I went with Chubb insurance for the fact that they will pay out cash on the claim rather than replace the ring. I am so picky about the stone that I want that control. I will say that Chubb charges a bit of a premium to do this.

Hope this is helpful, and ENJOY your HUGE, GORGEOUS DIAMOND!!!
appl.gif

abbey

Rough_Rock
Beautiful!!!!

Now...
Where the heck are the hand pictures??????

1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif

Beth

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is absolutely stunning. I love the elegant simplicity of the solitare in the setting you have chosen. Congratulations!
appl.gif

What are the mm on your stone?

solange

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 5/23/2004 2:06:05 PM Beth wrote:

Your ring is absolutely stunning. I love the elegant simplicity of the solitare in the setting you have chosen. Congratulations!
appl.gif

What are the mm on your stone?----------------

I asume you are referring to the diameter. It is an average of 10.43. It came out on the ACA score as having excellent spread, I guess because it is about their minimum acceptible depth.

Pictures on my hand are coming soon. I have to get after my husband to take them. He was very enthusiastic about buying the ring but he is not being very accommodating about taking the pictures. I guess that is not much of a complaint but I would like to post them. The stone looks much better in smaller scale where the facets do not look so big. It really sparkles.

solange

Brilliant_Rock
Here are some pictures of my ring.

dia 001.jpg

solange

Brilliant_Rock
With eternity wedding band of .28 f and g stones.

dia 002.jpg

solange

Brilliant_Rock
Another view.

dia 003.jpg

solange

Brilliant_Rock
Here is another. We do not seem to be able to take really good pictures. After looking at the hand photos I am thinking of one of those new hand lifts.

dia 005.jpg

finerthings

Brilliant_Rock
Holy smokes! Just stunning!!
loopy.gif

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Your ring(s) look beautiful solange! Thanks for the hand pics. If you are still snapping, how about a side view so we can see the prongs and how high it sits! (I don't ask for much...) I really like the look of the prongs, but it might be just that they are so spread out to hold such a large stone that they look a little different to me! and it doesn't look too high, which I like.

And, I can relate the hand lift thought. I never really my hands looked bad until I saw them in pics with a macro setting!
6.gif
I'm thinking dermabrasion or something might help...
2.gif

solange

Brilliant_Rock
My husband has given up so I will have to try to learn how to do this myself. Initially, Whiteflash sent me a photo of the ring with the stone set high. I called Brian and asked him to set it lower--as low as possible--because the stone itself is deep and I did not want it set with the culet showing.
They were very accommodating and did it the same day and shipped it out. It is still pretty high although the culet is about as low as it can be. I think it would be very awkward to wear if the stone were set too high.
I know this setting looks very different with a smaller stone and the prongs closer but I tried one on in Tiffany's and their larger stones were set low.
Thank you for your nice comments.

solange

Brilliant_Rock
This is a picture of a three stone European cut ring I inherited.Center stone is about 2.60 and smaller stones are about 2 carats each. Color around K,L, but stones have a lot of life. thought the comparison between the old and new would be interesting. I did post it elsewhere.

side oldcut.jpg

solange

Brilliant_Rock
Here is a front view of the old fashioned ring. Setting is from the early 1900's. The stones flash but in a very different way than my new stone--more like chunks of light. They are a warm looking color and not nearly as yellow as one would imagine from the color. They look messy. These are VS and VVS stones. The photography is bad or the stones must have been greasy.

josie ring.jpg

Ologolo

Rough_Rock
That is amazing.

solange

Brilliant_Rock
I decided to add a few more photos of my ring. If my grown children would get married, maybe I would have pictures of grandchildren to bore people with instead of diamonds. I did not set the camera properly so the stone looks yellow. It is really white and sparkly.

ringo 001.jpg

solange

Brilliant_Rock
I hope this came out whiter.

ringo 002.jpg

solange

Brilliant_Rock
I really envy the young hands in the Show me the Ring posts. These rings would look so much better on young fingers.

ringo 003.jpg

Skybluewater

Rough_Rock
That is one awesome stone and Whiteflash mounted it a super looking ring!

finerthings

Brilliant_Rock
Your rings are incredible Solange! Do you wear your diamonds all the time...ie shopping, doing errands, work? I'm wondering because I got a new upgraded e-ring, a Lucida 1.79 ct, and I still feel self-conscious wearing it...and I'm a grown woman over 45!
2.gif
I would love to feel more comfortable wearing my jewels in public...maybe in a few years! Anyway, congrats on such a beautiful ring!

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
I'm a grown woman with an upgraded ring, and I have gotten used to wearing my rings in most circumstances. I figure I have gotten used to it so others probably don't notice it as much as I felt like they did when it was new and I was self conscience of it. My belief is that is you wear it comfortably, others will be comfortable with it also.

That said, I havn't traveled as much since I have had it, and don't know how I will feel wearing it abroad, where large diamond e-rings are not as common.

Solange -- again that is a beautiful ring. The setting seems "just right" for it.

Beth

Shiny_Rock
You inspired me! I have been off to the Whiteflash site twice now!! I really like their upgrade policies, not that you will be needing that lol. I remember your inherited OEC's from before. That is a beautiful ring too. I would love to see a photo of the two side by side. Do you find that it is true that you get more scintillation and brilliance from the modern rb and more fire from the OEC's? I have been comparing mine and have found it to be so.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fabulous ring and exceptional stone, solange...your hard work paid off. Don't worry about the hands, close up pictures definitely take all the bad and none of the good!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results