shape
carat
color
clarity

Just purchased this 0.6 ct OEC for $460. Thoughts?

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
It's me again... I'm all over PS (sorry). So I saw it and thought "hey lets bid on it" but then I got caught up in bidding and spent more than I was hoping to. Anyway here's the link...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GORGEOUS-14K-WHITE-GOLD-SOLITAIRE-RING-WITH-0-60-CT-OLD-EUROPEAN-CUT-DIAMOND-X19/143362612685?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Per the listing there's a 14 day return period. So I'd like to start getting my thoughts in order since I'm the world's slowest decision maker. It just took me 3 weeks to decide between 2 different white blinds for my house, so I need all the time I can get to make sure I want to keep this.

I was thinking about buying it a friend & turning it into a toi et moi ring?

alltheflorals

Rough_Rock
Can't say much about the OEC itself, but I was researching 0.6 ct OEC pricing for a separate eBay purchase last week and <$500 for that size and clarity seems like a phenomenal deal to me! Congrats on winning the bid! :clap:

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
Can't say much about the OEC itself, but I was researching 0.6 ct OEC pricing for a separate eBay purchase last week and <$500 for that size and clarity seems like a phenomenal deal to me! Congrats on winning the bid! :clap:

It was over $515 after tax and shipping (darn 10% tax) but I’m hoping it’s still a good deal. Im not sure how to account for tax with these things... I’m wondering how hard it will be to find it a matching friend? I read a post where people said there are different OEC styles? I’m also wondering if it’ll look to small as a toi et moi ring. Someone here has the most beautiful one I’ve ever seen but her diamonds are considerably larger....

alltheflorals

Rough_Rock
Well when equivalents (granted for a G SI1, also estate piece) were closer to over $1000, $15 here or there is not impacting the bottom line much ;-). So bravo!

Not to sound like a broke record, but I've also been looking at different toi et moi styles for a future project :D. Whether the stones match or not will be entirely your preference. I think pairing with a different stone (colored) makes an awesome statement though. Could also play with shapes, like this round OEC with an asscher or cushion, etc. Size again depends on you. I think 0.6 would work, but that's only from my hand/finger size perspective. Some people would want more coverage.

But if you want another OEC that looks like this one then from what I've read here so far, it could be a hunt bc even with the same specs it's could look different irl.

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock

GearGirly

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My moi at toi has smaller stones than that and it looks really substantial. I will see if I can go back and find a pic of it. It’s more cushion/old mine but you will get the idea.

GearGirly

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
AE7094B9-335B-4330-92BB-ABA317E8D440.png Ok here it is, eBay find and supposedly about .35 each on a size 7 finger. They aren’t a perfect match but I like the way they look. I probably will re-set one day the setting is lame, but it does add almost a bezel look for a little more substance.

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
AE7094B9-335B-4330-92BB-ABA317E8D440.png Ok here it is, eBay find and supposedly about .35 each on a size 7 finger. They aren’t a perfect match but I like the way they look. I probably will re-set one day the setting is lame, but it does add almost a bezel look for a little more substance.
Do you have more pics you could share? :kiss2:

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Toi et Moi :love:!!
Fun project!
I don’t know your tolerances for residues, nor color- but this popped in my head as soon as I read ruby toi et moi.
B3C4545B-6AE5-4B6D-903D-54CD1FF7D8B8.jpeg CC33D3BC-17E5-4197-BCDD-B42A3494BCC4.jpeg
Just guessing at proportions- now looking at it I think the OEC should probably be larger in comparison?
I think the cutting styles would go nicely. IMO that’s more important than the shape being a bit off.

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
Toi et Moi :love:!!
Fun project!
I don’t know your tolerances for residues, nor color- but this popped in my head as soon as I read ruby toi et moi.
B3C4545B-6AE5-4B6D-903D-54CD1FF7D8B8.jpeg CC33D3BC-17E5-4197-BCDD-B42A3494BCC4.jpeg
Just guessing at proportions- now looking at it I think the OEC should probably be larger in comparison?
I think the cutting styles would go nicely. IMO that’s more important than the shape being a bit off.

I know absolutely nothing about gemstones so I don’t really know what residues means... I think if I go the ruby route I want it the same color as the one I posted. I’ve been stuck on that ring for a long time... a mini would be nice!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Last edited:

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
Just an update. I got the diamond in but there’s a chip that I cannot take a photo of. I’m returning it.

Reactions: AV_

alltheflorals

Rough_Rock
Just an update. I got the diamond in but there’s a chip that I cannot take a photo of. I’m returning it.
ah too bad. where is the chip? would have been a nice (in terms of value) stone for a project!

EC8

Shiny_Rock
Just an FYI, perhaps to set expectations, many true antique stones have some condition issues of varying degrees unless they have been rehabbed.

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
Just an FYI, perhaps to set expectations, many true antique stones have some condition issues of varying degrees unless they have been rehabbed.

I’m aware. It’s just kind of large (relative to the size of the stone) and it wasn’t disclosed so I’m a bit uneasy about it...

EC8

Shiny_Rock
Ah yes, I was just going to edit my response to state that of course disclosure and the magnitude of condition issue are critical to determining what is acceptable.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results