shape
carat
color
clarity

Just ordered this asscher from gemrite!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I am too, it is a federal holiday

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, you''re right. And Monday would''ve been been perfect since I''ll be home all day.
7.gif
39.gif
7.gif

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
OMG! I received the stone and let me tell you that this little mama SPARKLES! I am enamored
30.gif

Now I am going to be a bad PSer and not post pics because I still haven't picked up the digi from my brother's ex's house
15.gif
I am going to call her tonight......

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have been very bad indeed to tempt us while witholding pictures.
41.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Pictures!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We need pics!!

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
OK, I have tried to take some pics but I lack skills to say the least. I will upload some photos but I apologize in advance for the quality. I love this stone and my only complaint is that it is a little small. Maybe I will have a larger one made
3.gif

myumba_asscher.JPG

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
with my fingerprints and all
1.gif

myumba4.JPG

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock

muumba2.JPG

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
4.gif

myumba5.JPG

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Oh, it''s so pretty! I love the color. Thank you...what are your plans with this beauty?

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
with my tanga from BB

myumba1.JPG

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
last one

myumba7.JPG

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 8:52:14 PM
Author: mochi
Oh, it''s so pretty! I love the color. Thank you...what are your plans with this beauty?
Thanks Mochi! I plan to set it. Maybe in a ring or a small bezeled necklace. Who knows, I am so indecisive about things. I love white gold but I am thinking that the stone may look better in yellow gold. What do you guys think?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh wow!!!!! I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It''s a gorgeous color and so sparkly!!!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks more pink in your picture and the colour just catches the eye. Good choice!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful - reminds me of a vivid pink diamond. Your tanga is gorgeous as well, did you ever post pics of that in it''s own thread? Would love to see more pics.
30.gif

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
akmiss - this is so pretty! It is the color of the round I just got from Gene. You''ve turned me on to gemrite and now I keep checking their site for new stones. Thanks!

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks TL, SDL, Chrono, and Freke! This little stone really sparkles for sure! The color is a little different than expected but I am very pleased with it. John B did an amazing job. Believe me, my photography skills are seriously lacking.

Cinnamon, I Love you stone too. I had to laugh when I opened the package, I kept thinking of your bottle of Gatorade! Gene''s star cut is my favorite and first love when it comes to colored stones. I definitely want one too
9.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! Not dark at all - it looks perfect! I can''t wait to see how you set it.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 9:00:25 PM
Author: akmiss
Date: 2/19/2009 8:52:14 PM

Author: mochi

Thanks Mochi! I plan to set it. Maybe in a ring or a small bezeled necklace. Who knows, I am so indecisive about things. I love white gold but I am thinking that the stone may look better in yellow gold. What do you guys think?

I think it could go either, but my instinct is to say white gold - just in those pics, it looks like a cooler pink. The tanga on the other hand (which is gorgeous!) might look best in YG
30.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Love it, thanks for showing it off. The color is great.

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
gorgeous stone akmiss - love the colour and the cut
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

love the look of your tanga garnet too!

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone!
I purchased the tanga from Barry @ ACS a couple months ago. It is a 7.5mm round and beautifully cut (good for a finger with some chunk!) I felt it was a tad bit dark for my taste and not pink enough. I asked my three boys which stone they liked best and all pointed to the tanga. Maybe because it is less girly and bigger? I really would like to set both. I feel that the tanga may become a pendant done in YG and the Umba a ring in WG. I recall another stoner having a garnet asscher being set by someone in Thailand? If I could only remember! The asscher would probably look great in a LOGR setting with sidestones
9.gif

Both probably will be fairly simple settings because of budget restrictions.....
Any suggestions?

Again thanks everyone
1.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
I love the new stone akmiss - just stunning!
I say go with a simple bezel solitaire a la kmci''s asscher ering - do you know the one I mean? I can go look if you like..

Not sure if any PS''ers have loose stones set by her yet, but I believe the jeweller you speak of is Sally from Etsy/Heart of Water Jewels - one of her simple YG rings would be stunning with your asscher. She also does WG, but I understand its a titch pricier than the yellow due to availability.

linky

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks AJ, That is the seller I was thinking of
1.gif
I will look for pics of kmci''s ering asap.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results