shape
carat
color
clarity

Just for Fun: Baby names?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AllieGator

Shiny_Rock
Does anyone else think of baby names that go with your future husband''s last name, or both of your names if you''re choosing to hyphenate? I don''t want to have kids for a long time, but I like the idea of our future family, so I choose names all the time. It''s pretty ridiculous, but fun!

Girls: Paloma, Violet, Norah, Eliza, Susan, Susie, Elle, Madeleine.

Boys: August, Atticus, Henry, Levi

So what are yours?

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
girl: Avery Elise
boy: Isaiah or Adonis

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
Girl- Lillian
Boy*Jackson

summertime

Shiny_Rock
I''m right there with you AllieGator! I love names! Have you visited babynames.com much? I find the message boards very interesting. Here are my faves:

Girls:

Aubrey Belle
Sabra Belle (or different middle name if I use Belle with Aubrey)
Sienna Reese

Boys:

Jace Andrew (Andrew is FF''s mn)
Jasper Cole
Colson James

If anyone''s interested, go here to vote on my list of favorite names!

Prinny

Rough_Rock
Yay! I love thinking of baby names...even though I don''t have a ring on my finger
39.gif
Here are my favs:

Girls:
Alessandra Elise
Giuliana Magdelena (Grandmother''s Italian mn)

Boys:
Cash
Lucciano
Cruz Anthony (SO''s mn)

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm...I only ever think of boys names, and even then, there are only two that come to mind since BF''s family tends to stick to family names for the boys, so my options are pretty much limited to James and William. Luckily, I LOVE both names. My third choice would be Caleb, but BF''s last name ends with a strong "B" sound, so that won''t work.
7.gif

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Girls: Lillian, Lorelei (I love the sound of Lilith, I don't know if I could use it tho), Rose, Jasmine (names after flowers), Cassandra, Celeste, Barbera, River

Boys: Micah, Peter, Jacob, Logan, Jamie, Brent, Malcolm, Simon

a bunch others too

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
B and I have thrown names out there a few times, mostly when we were picking out our dog''s name. I think we''ve settled on Dorothy for the puppy (we''ll see in April when we take her home), but here are my favs for future children:

Girl - Alice, Eleanor, Gretchen, Lydia, Jacqueline, Olivia, Regan
Boy - Asher, Edward, Elliott, George, Jack, Theodore

Lexie

Shiny_Rock
I haven't given much thought to middle names (choosing a first name is hard enough, I think), but my top favorites are:

Girls - Eliza, Evangeline, Josephine, Camille
Boys - Milo, Felix, Jasper, Ethan

10.gif

LilyOfTheValley

Shiny_Rock
Girl: Allison, Michelle, Elizabeth

Boy: Jonathan, David, Kenneth

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Yes! I think of baby names A LOT and my BF and I have even had a few discussions.

Girl''s full name: Abigail (my choice) Tessa (his choice) Shui-Lan (after my grandma)

Boys names are harder for me. My BF wants a name that is regal and associated with kings. So we went through names like William, Henry, Charles, etc. I suggested Lear but then we realized that it rhymes with his last name. I also like the names Milo, Charlie, Max, Micah and Alexander.

Lastly, I plan on hyphenating our last names. I''m in a family of 3 girls so there''s no one to carry on our family name.

I should really write my list down because I can''t ever think of the names off the top of my head and then I''ll read some and think, "oh yeah! I like that one too!"

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/14/2009 12:10:30 PM
Author:AllieGator
Girls: Paloma
Not to open up a can of worms- but I honestly can''t help myself. You don''t seem to care for Tiffany & Co. (or the people who own Tiffany items).......Paloma Picasso is a designer for Tiffany
5.gif

Just so you know.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Now, as far as names go...

Girl: Hailey, Elsa, Allie, Rachel, Audrey, Taylor

Boy: I honestly have no idea about boy names. I try to think of some every now and then but none of them appeal to me..
3.gif
S wants a 'STRONG' boy name and not a 'weak' one.

Calla18

Rough_Rock
Lexie- I also LOVE the name Evangeline, it''s just so beautiful! But I might switch it to Avangeline just so the nickname could be Ava! Not sure of a middle name yet..
I am big on nicknames so I also like Teresa= Tessa, Estella= Stella

for a boy we would go with my future FILs name Jose (They are portuguese so you pronounce the J) and my ff middle name Miguel.. Jose Miguel..so stinkin cute

btw I wouldn''t hyphenate I would just take his last name..it would be entirely too long if I did. Plus My brother has 2 little boys so they will be carrying on our last name

just realized I rambled a little...Sorry!!
emteeth.gif

bubbly1126

Brilliant_Rock
Here are the names that I cannot use since my sisters and brothers have already taken them! Grr!:

Anthony John
Ian Jaxon (Pronounced Jackson)
Aiden Christopher
Lucas Matthew
Logan Alexander
Jaylynn Elizabeth Renee

Yes, Jaylynn is the only girl! Haha. But she gets right in there with the boys and has a blast!

So here are the names SO and I have picked out:

Madison (Have had this picked out since the very beginning of our relationship - 6 years)
Kathryn (After his grandma, but spelled differently)
Ella Jane (After my grandma, but he doesn''t like Ella, he says it''s too old fashioned. Ha. That''s EXACTLY why I LOVE it!)
Sienna Rose
Regan (Ree-gan)
Riley
Lilly
Marina

Jack
Jake
Gavin
Jayce
Nicholas
River

Hmm... I''m sure there are more, but I can''t think right now!

Girls:
Stella or Estelle, blah...

Boys:
Jacob, Hayden, Atticus, Ezra

Erin

Ideal_Rock
If I ever get pregnant, I''m having a girl, and her name will be Julia. Period.

AllieGator

Shiny_Rock
Well, I do know it's a designer for Tiffany...but it's also a traditional spanish name associated with peace (it means Dove), and I'm a spanish/latin american studies major, with very liberal views. So you know...but yea, you are right it's ironic!
1.gif

And Dreamgirl, I'd like to apologize to you...I thought I made it clear that that was just my experience with people who own Tiffany items that i know. Now that i looked back on it, I realize it came off as snarky. I know there are plenty of nice people who own Tiffany, I was just saying I don't know any. Sorry!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/14/2009 12:43:13 PM
Author: summertime
I''m right there with you AllieGator! I love names! Have you visited babynames.com much? I find the message boards very interesting. Here are my faves:

Girls:

Aubrey Belle

Sabra Belle (or different middle name if I use Belle with Aubrey)

Sienna Reese

Boys:

Jace Andrew (Andrew is FF''s mn)

Jasper Cole

Colson James

If anyone''s interested, go here to vote on my list of favorite names!

There are some definite Twilight fans on that site or at least it appears to be
2.gif
Bella, Edward and Jacob are all on the most popular list LOL

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/15/2009 10:10:11 AM
Author: Starset Princess
If I ever get pregnant, I''m having a girl, and her name will be Julia. Period.
hehe this is exactly how I feel.... except, I will have twin girls who will be named after my grandmother.

Ugh, too bad twins do not run in my family.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
I love Alistair for a boy, but I don''t know if I will ever be able to convince K on it.
39.gif
I also really like Braden.

For girls, I really like Siobhan. I''m thinking that since it''s a version of Joan, which is his grandmother''s name, maybe I can convince him on that one? We''ll see.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2009 11:04:59 AM
Author: AllieGator
Well, I do know it's a designer for Tiffany...but it's also a traditional spanish name associated with peace (it means Dove), and I'm a spanish/latin american studies major, with very liberal views. So you know...but yea, you are right it's ironic!
1.gif

And Dreamgirl, I'd like to apologize to you...I thought I made it clear that that was just my experience with people who own Tiffany items that i know. Now that i looked back on it, I realize it came off as snarky. I know there are plenty of nice people who own Tiffany, I was just saying I don't know any. Sorry!

Not to interject myself, but two of my close friends got Tiffany's rings recently. They are both lovely girls, neither of which would care if they had a Tiffany's ring or not. I assure you that you would like them.
1.gif

ETA: I love the name Joaquin, wanted to add that to the list!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2009 4:27:49 PM
Author: trillionaire
And Dreamgirl, I''d like to apologize to you...I thought I made it clear that that was just my experience with people who own Tiffany items that i know. Now that i looked back on it, I realize it came off as snarky. I know there are plenty of nice people who own Tiffany, I was just saying I don''t know any. Sorry!
My wedding band is from Tiffany... I promise I''m nice
12.gif

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
did anyone see that Office episode ... "Asturd"

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/14/2009 2:05:09 PM
Author: misskitty
B and I have thrown names out there a few times, mostly when we were picking out our dog''s name. I think we''ve settled on Dorothy for the puppy (we''ll see in April when we take her home), but here are my favs for future children:

Girl - Alice, Eleanor, Gretchen, Lydia,Jacqueline Olivia, Regan

Boy - Asher, Edward, Elliott, George, Jack, Theodore

I am just a lurker here, but I just wanted to say that my full name is Jacqueline and I LOVE IT! Ever since I was a kid I''ve gone by Jaxon for short, but on special occasions(wedding invitations and my diplomas) I love seeing my full name I think it is so beautiful. I would also like to mention that it is a classic name, but not once have I ever had to share my name with any other classmates or co-workers.
9.gif

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/15/2009 4:41:01 PM
Author: musey
My wedding band is from Tiffany... I promise I'm nice
12.gif
Musey, what did your mom and dad teach you about telling lies?
38.gif
Just kidding, I couldn't resist though
3.gif

jcarlylew82

Shiny_Rock
oo fun!
I want to continue my middle name, since i am the last female in my family (no males).
so at least one child will be
name carlyle last.

i also like the names
girls: Jolene, Carlene (play of my middle name, my parents would yell jamie carlene when i was in big trouble lol!), Ava, Maria, *Freddie (my gma''s name) and *Jewel (my gma who''s ring i have name).
Boys - *James, Dean, *Lloyd, *Red, *Oz

I am sure there are more of course. I love old family names the most (all of those are stared)

anniee19

Shiny_Rock
For girls, my favorite is Isabelle Anne. Anne is a srong family name on both sides of our families. I always used to love the name Emily, that is, until I met my FI, and his crazy ex girlfriend is named Emily so that spoiled that for the both of us. I also like Caitlin.
For boys, I don''t think we have to much of a choice for the first, because FI is a third. His family expects our first boy to be a 4th, which seems so complicated to me but I can deal with it! Other than that, I like Benjamin. I think boys names are much harder for me to come up with!

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
FF and I have talked about names before on occasion. I am a teacher, so I will never use the names of some former problem students. Makes picking a little tougher!
2.gif
Twins run in my family - since my grandma had twins and my mom didn''t, I''m up! I am also the 6th first born girl on my mom''s side, so it would be really neat if we were able to keep that tradition rolling.

Girls:
Lydia (my top pick)
Amber (FF''s top pick)
Susanna
Katherine
Melody

Boys:
Donald (FF''s top pick)
Weston (my top pick - FF''s middle name/also one of his family names)
Frederick
Jackson
Gavin

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results