shape
carat
color
clarity

Just for Fun: Baby names?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2009 4:41:01 PM
Author: musey
Date: 1/15/2009 4:27:49 PM

Author: trillionaire

And Dreamgirl, I''d like to apologize to you...I thought I made it clear that that was just my experience with people who own Tiffany items that i know. Now that i looked back on it, I realize it came off as snarky. I know there are plenty of nice people who own Tiffany, I was just saying I don''t know any. Sorry!

My wedding band is from Tiffany... I promise I''m nice
12.gif
Oh no, that should''ve been quoted as "AllieGator" not "trillionaire", don''t know how that happened - sorry trill!

MissDimity

Shiny_Rock
Gee, I have thought of baby names several times, but seem to find it harder to think of boys names.

Girls: Meelah, Mia, Claire, Iris, Alexis, Willow
Boys. Sethian, Elsevier

honey22

Ideal_Rock
My bestest buddies have picked a girls name for me if we ever have kids - Tiffany Adair, after my two favorite shops, Tiffany''s of course, and Adairs, my favorite manchester shop
36.gif

purselover

Ideal_Rock
We want to name a little girl Kensington (Kensie for short) and I also really like McKenzie (and then I could still call her Kensie!)I like Sunshine for a middle name but SO thinks it''s too weird.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
For girls I love Charlotte, Grace and Chloe.

For boys I love Jack and Benjamin.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/16/2009 7:01:59 AM
Author: jcarlylew82
oo fun!

I want to continue my middle name, since i am the last female in my family (no males).

so at least one child will be

name carlyle last.

i also like the names

girls: Jolene, Carlene (play of my middle name, my parents would yell jamie carlene when i was in big trouble lol!), Ava, Maria, *Freddie (my gma's name) and *Jewel (my gma who's ring i have name).

Boys - *James, Dean, *Lloyd, *Red, *Oz

I am sure there are more of course. I love old family names the most (all of those are stared)

Be careful with the name Jolene, that's my name and it is also the name of a song by Dolly Parton about a less than lady like girl who likes the men a bit too much. That's the only reason I hate my name. Otherwise I like it, family members call me Jo a lot and so does fi :)

DearBuddha

Brilliant_Rock
For girls, I''m a big fan of older names like Ava, Morena, Veronica, Elizabeth, Marilyn, and Olivia.
I''ll likely go with:
Ava Elizabeth
Olivia Morena (Liv for short)

*I hate names for girls that are very obviously from the 1980s-Brittanys, Tiffanys, Ambers, ect. (no flames, please. MY name is Tiffany! Although I was named for the store and book, so I GUESS that''s ok ).
3.gif

I LOVE thinking of names for little boys, as it''s my preference to have a son over a daughter. So far I''ve really got Max on the brain, but I also really dig Malcolm, Afton, Diego, and Maddox.
So I''m hoping it''ll be:
Maxwell Diego
Afton Maddox

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
Boys:
Aiden
Ethan
Cooper
Will (after my grandfather)

Girls:
Azriel (Az-ree-El)
Elizabeth Mae
Kennedy
Kenzie

dec2410

Shiny_Rock
oooo. fun!

girls:
faith
addison
ava
camile

boys:
caleb
colin
christian
aiden

ringisthething

Rough_Rock
Ever since high school I have liked Joss for a boy BUT my FF has a pretty strong family tradition for as far back as I know of having triple L initials for all the boys, so while he says I can break this when we have kids I would feel really bad being the first one to change the tradition. It is a little bit of a bummer since my family also has a tradition that all the oldest boys have John as a middle name. Because of these conflicting traditions I haven''t thought of any names.

Girls however you have free range of name choices and I like Lillian (my granmother''s name)

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think some places have pretty names. Our daughter has a City name, and I also think Nevada, Scotland and Ireland are beautiful. Someone from town here named their new daughter Nalani (pronounced Naylahnee)and I thought that was lovely. I liked Hayden for a boy, but thought that was too popular. Also, Holden or Holton. Hadley is pretty for a girl. Not sure what it is w/me and H''s. We started talking about names before we were even engaged, and even tho we''re probably not going to have any more kids (tho I would very much love to), I have a couple more names picked out that hubby and I guard closely. I''ll have to convince our kids to use them for their kids I guess! It''s fun to pick out names!

forensics1

Rough_Rock
I already have a son.

His name: Connor John. Connor Meaning: Strong willed or wise. John meaning: gracious.

No more children. 1 is plenty.
9.gif

wishinpink

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/18/2009 9:36:52 PM
Author: ringisthething
Ever since high school I have liked Joss for a boy BUT my FF has a pretty strong family tradition for as far back as I know of having triple L initials for all the boys, so while he says I can break this when we have kids I would feel really bad being the first one to change the tradition. It is a little bit of a bummer since my family also has a tradition that all the oldest boys have John as a middle name. Because of these conflicting traditions I haven''t thought of any names.

Girls however you have free range of name choices and I like Lillian (my granmother''s name)

ppssst... Have 2 sons =)

Name the First one - ____ John ____
Name thesecond- L ____ L ____ L ____

=)

ringisthething

Rough_Rock
Hmm. I suppose that could make both sides happy. I still think his dad would be really upset if not ALL the boys had the LLL monogram. He''s weird like that. He bought them all matching luggage with the LLL monogram (his sons, his brothers, his nephews and himself!)

bluebell

Shiny_Rock
Here are my fav baby names

girls- anabelle, lydia, odessa, liv, violet
boys- knox or saxby

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
We have boys so it is much easier for me to pick boys names
1.gif

Names currently on the list
-Olin
-Bodi
-Oliver (Ollie)
-Jasper
-Nikolai
-Fisher (but would be a middle name)
-Jonah

for girls
-Annemarie
-Zoe
-Ruby
-Mila
-Lana
-Denali
-Sabrina

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/18/2009 10:41:19 AM
Author: ~*Alexis*~
Boys:
Aiden
Ethan
Cooper

Girls:
Azriel (Az-ree-El)
Elizabeth Mae
Kennedy
Kenzie
I love the name Azriel but isn''t it a boys name? Remember the cat on the Smurfs - his name was Azriel
9.gif

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Boy: Evan and Bradley

Girl: Loryn

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/23/2009 4:46:09 PM
Author: akmiss

Boys:

Aiden

Ethan

Cooper

Girls:

Azriel (Az-ree-El)

Elizabeth Mae

Kennedy

Kenzie
I love the name Azriel but isn''t it a boys name? Remember the cat on the Smurfs - his name was Azriel
9.gif

The smurfs name was pronounced aiz-re-al

the girls name will be Az-ree- Ell...this ariel with a z....

Its a unisex name so it would work either way I guess no matter what we have.
31.gif

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/15/2009 11:19:59 AM
Author: Deelight

There are some definite Twilight fans on that site or at least it appears to be
2.gif
Bella, Edward and Jacob are all on the most popular list LOL

I really love the twilight seriest...but I''m really upset because I have always loved the name Isabella and now I can''t name my daughter that because EVERYONE is going to name their daughter that
39.gif

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/24/2009 11:22:54 PM
Author: redrose229

Date: 1/15/2009 11:19:59 AM
Author: Deelight

There are some definite Twilight fans on that site or at least it appears to be
2.gif
Bella, Edward and Jacob are all on the most popular list LOL

I really love the twilight seriest...but I''m really upset because I have always loved the name Isabella and now I can''t name my daughter that because EVERYONE is going to name their daughter that
39.gif
Isabella has been very popular for sometime now. There are a ton in my 8 year old son''s class.

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
I fluctuate with names. My FI and I had a list going a few years back but a lot have been forgotten or we have gone off them.

Girls I find easier than boys to find names for...but I am having trouble finding a really beautiful girls name beginning with E. It's a silly thing really but I would like (should I have a girl) to have her first name begin with E as it seems to be a generational trend, albeit coincidentally. My Granny was Ethel, my Mum is Eileen and I am Emma. It's a trend I want to run with though.

The names I do have for a girl starting with E are:
-Eva
-Eve
-Evelyn
-Eleni
-Ellie
-Ella
-Elise
-Erin

However, my favourite girls name at present is Caitlin Rose. I think it sounds lovely with my fiance's surname (Teagle). So it might not be that traditional "E" name I crave, but I would give up tradition for this name I feel.

Other girls names I have toyed with are:
-Amber
-Paige
-Jasmine
-Emily (too close to my own name Emma though)

There are more but I can't remember them offhand.

Boys? The only real contender I have right now is Jevon. We had a mate called Jevon a few years back and he was such an individual guy, his name suited him. It suits our own image too, so I think it is a real goer. I like slighty unusual but not ridiculous names.

Other boys names I have played with are:
-Ethan
-Oliver
-Caleb
-Finn

Please feel free to make suggestions on those female "E" names for me!

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Boys:

Aiden

Ethan

Cooper

Girls:

Azriel (Az-ree-El)

Elizabeth Mae

Kennedy

Kenzie

I''ve heard that Azriel (variant: Azrael) is the angel of death or the Devil, FWIW.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/27/2009 5:26:47 PM
Author: trillionaire
Boys:

Aiden
Ethan
Cooper

Girls:
Azriel (Az-ree-El)
Elizabeth Mae
Kennedy
Kenzie
I''ve heard that Azriel (variant: Azrael) is the angel of death or the Devil, FWIW.
It''s okay. My first name means "goddess of death, destruction, and rebirth." People rarely make the connection, and if they do, they just think it''s darn cool.

Actually, the first thing that springs to my mind when I hear that name is Chris Kattan''s Azrael Abyss, of SNL''s goth talk!!

azrael1.jpg

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/16/2009 3:26:12 AM
Author: pocahontas
Date: 1/15/2009 4:41:01 PM

Author: musey

My wedding band is from Tiffany... I promise I''m nice
12.gif

Musey, what did your mom and dad teach you about telling lies?
38.gif
Just kidding, I couldn''t resist though
3.gif
Random! Did I give you reason to think otherwise?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results