shape
carat
color
clarity

Just exactly what should I expect with "vvs"?

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not to be argumentative, but the poster said the stone was listed as VVS to IF - not just VVS - and minor inclusions to me would not extend to a noticeable inclusion almost center square on the face of the stone. Had the clarity read VS to VVS, I think the vendor would have labelled the stone more accurately.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
marymm|1310779056|2970131 said:
Not to be argumentative, but the poster said the stone was listed as VVS to IF - not just VVS - and minor inclusions to me would not extend to a noticeable inclusion almost center square on the face of the stone. Had the clarity read VS to VVS, I think the vendor would have labelled the stone more accurately.

I understand your reasoning but in gemstone world as I'm sure you know, it's always safe to reduce the clarity grading by at least one point. What OUR view of the clarity grading is and other peoples often differ! :bigsmile: Actually, I believe there is legislation in the US (correct me if I'm wrong) that means vendors can (not knowingly) sell a diamond with one clarity and colour grading higher than it actually is? I believe that's to give a margin for error.

In this instance however, because this is a Type 2 stone, VVS is actually correct. IF isn't.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results