shape
carat
color
clarity

just engaged!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TerpLover

Rough_Rock
Hehe windex...this is funny becaue I am Greek and if anyone has seen My Big Fat Greek Wedding...well you know about that haha. I really like the last pic of the eternity ring, very pretty...now how inportant is color and clarity in the stones? Is color more important because they are smaller? Take care all!
-Brooke

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Brooke, I use Windex on EVERYTHING. my friend saw that movie and immediately called me to tell me I must be Vula's long lost sister!!! GO WINDEX!!!
9.gif

tessa

Shiny_Rock
I actually gasped when I saw your beautiful heirloom stone!!

Congrats and many many happy married years!

TerpLover

Rough_Rock
haha! Nicrez that cracks me up!
3.gif
thanks for the input you all, I really like the rings posted so far....is a plain platinum band too bland for my wedding band? I like really simple jewelry.
-brooke

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
The eternity band looks nice, but a plain band would look VERY elegant. Your eng. ring is amazing and certainly has enough presence to stand on its own, so I think a plain platinum band would be perfect.

Maybe try both looks on at some jewelery stores just to give you an idea of the two looks and then think about it for a while. . .OR, get both a diamond band and a plain band and interchange them for variety.
9.gif

Michelle

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Brooke, with that ring I think simple comfrot fit platinum band would be perfect! I am not a big big fan of eternity rings anymore, I have actually simplified my tastes, and I do agree...you want your stone to do all the speaking, and I say, WOW it sure says a lot. I LOOOOOOVVVE the fact that it has such history *jealous*
9.gif

Actually, my father is so much like Vula's dad, that I MADE him watch it. You know what, I had him quoting, "____comes from Greek word, meaning..." LOL!!
9.gif

VAgal13

Shiny_Rock
My vote is for a plain band. I do love the eternity bands, but a plain platinum band would really show off the diamond.

-Sarah

P.S. Terp is a turtle...University of Maryland. Go Terps!
appl.gif

TerpLover

Rough_Rock
How does this look for a wedding band? Does it match alright?
read.gif

-Brooke

rang.jpg

TerpLover

Rough_Rock
help! must get opinions on this ring! hehe

Stargazer

Rough_Rock
WOW Iam stunned. What a FABULOUS ring. To have such a romantic proposal and a cherished diamond set so beautifully for you. GOSH !!!. What more can I say but to wish you both happiness for your future together. What a man.
appl.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
That Benchmark ring is WAY too strong for your engagement ring. It would not look good at all, in my opinion. It looks almost like a man's ring?

Go with a simple thin eternity ring or a plain platinum (but be aware that platinum will scratch up so be prepared to get it polished every month or so)....and keep it thin...esp with your ring. Putting anything too chunky next to your ring IMO would be way too much metal on your hand, esp with the size of the center stone....it would compete too much.

Make sure to try things on before you buy the w-ring because your stone comes out so much from the setting that you have to be sure that the w-ring is low profile and sits flush under the e-ring. That B-Mark ring..the diamonds would be lost under your big diamond.

I went into a store locally and tried on setting after setting til I figured out what looked best with my ring.

Good luck!

icelovr

Shiny_Rock
Hi Terp - Yasou - yep - me too....
RE: the wedding ring Mara is right (IMHO) maybe something more delicate - maybe they have matching band to go w/ it...if not, have one made...one good thing about being Greek, we can justify 2 wedding rings - so go for it on the opposite hand. From the pics it looks like this ring is on your left - so use the one you like for the "vera" on your right. Is he Greek too? - if so, get matching veras and something soft for the other hand - it's so beautiful, IMO you'll change to look w/ the band you posted -
Icelovr

icelovr

Shiny_Rock
I posted this in RTalk too, but wasn't sure you'd see it...Maybe something like this - just a thought...

www.hearts-on-fire.com

Icelovr

terplvr.jpg

icelovr

Shiny_Rock
I know it's not the best - but it give you an idea...

tlring.jpg

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 3/1/2004 6:57:46 PM TerpLover wrote:

Terp- University of Maryland Terrapins (did my undergraduate work there)...still a big fan!
appl.gif
!

BTW the weather here in Maryland is great! How is it where you all live?

Best,
Brooke----------------

The weather in Raleigh this Thursday night was horrible.
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
. Your team outplayed our NC State Wolfpack in their last home Basketball game.
cry.gif
cry.gif
We drove 3 hours to see them loose.
cry.gif
Paybacks are heck as the ACC tourney starts this week & strong chance we may play the Terps in the opening rounds. Unfortunately, the Wolfpack seats this year are pretty bad - but We'll be there rooting!

That said, your ring is stunning! Familiy stones are sooo cool! Such a nice gesture to you. What a romantic proposal - had tears welled in my eyes!

Best Wishes to you & Congrats to your finance! On your engagement that is - not on your Terp win!

Gotta love ACC basketball! I do hope MD plays in the NCAA. Good team w/ a lot of heart.

TerpLover

Rough_Rock
HAHA Fire& Ice i must give props to the Wolfpack, they aren't too bad themselves!
appl.gif
. Wow thank you all for your input..i really do like the ring you suggested IceLovr and oh yea...the groom-to-be is actually Turkish haha. Now if I do decide to get a band with stones in it...what should I look for in clarity and color? As you can see I don't have the best eye for jewelry...I'm learning!
read.gif
read.gif
read.gif

Hope everyone had a fabulous weekend!
...I will in the terps beat them cavs!
-Brooke

icelovr

Shiny_Rock
Well Terp - IMO I would go w/ G color (assuming that's what is the e-ring band)but w/ VS1 or 2 clarity - I would do this because the stones are small - and even the slightest speck of black - will change the look - now if they are white feathers - that's different - but even then, I would fear they would look smashed...you could look for really good SI1's but finding that many may be difficult...just my opinion though...there are others here that are better than I am at this kind of thing...I must say - I love the bands together...
Icelovr

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Great proposal story!! To think he's been saving momentos all along!! That is just awesome!!
love.gif
love.gif

LadyJ

Shiny_Rock
I just wanted to sneak another peek at your beautiful ring and read the story of the proposal!! OMG sounds so romantic!
love.gif
I would have died. What a great story! I love that the stone was his grandmothers. That is so special I think! Congrats again!

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Holy ****, have we been had?
errrr.gif

icelovr

Shiny_Rock
I know I don't even have to say it...but ya gotta ask yourself...what are the odds of having the same designer setting, Depth, Table, clarity, measurements oh yeah - not to mention the pictures...well, I'd think you'd have better odds finding the winning lotto ticket on the ground that someone accidentally dropped. I'm not quite sure why the story - what's the point? - why not just send us to the site to oogle the ring - why make up stories about it?...just goes to show I guess - it takes all kinds.

Almagh - how did you find it?

icelovr

Shiny_Rock
I know I don't even have to say it...but ya gotta ask yourself...what are the odds of having the same designer setting, Depth, Table, clarity, measurements oh yeah - not to mention the pictures...well, I'd think you'd have better odds finding the winning lotto ticket on the ground that someone accidentally dropped. I'm not quite sure why the story - what's the point? - why not just send us to the site to oogle the ring - why make up stories about it?...just goes to show I guess - it takes all kinds.

icelovr

Shiny_Rock

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 3/13/2004 3:29:56 PM ClownFishFunk wrote:

----------------
On 3/13/2004 11:46:57 AM almagh wrote:

Wow what a coincidence.
confused.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2696527019&category=15182----------------

This is quite interesting...
confused.gif

blockquote>

I didn't notice that the ebay auction has the same exact pics that TerpLover posted at the beginning of this thread, until I looked the second time.

Man, people that do this really freak me out!
nono.gif
You know, small indication of bigger problems.

Well TerpLover???? Short lived engagement, huh?

icelovr

Shiny_Rock
sorry for the multiple posts - I got an error message and tried it again - and it must've posted a couple of times -

icelovr

Shiny_Rock
Now, now...I think we might be judging this too harshly...Maybe the people at E-Bay monitor this site..Yeah - that's it...and they saw her ring and wanted to make one just like it...yeah - I think we're onto it now.... and they contacted her and wanted her to model it for their site and they are going to make a look-a-like and send it to a customer...see - logical! No deception here...
naughty.gif
... I kinda feel sorry for her...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results