shape
carat
color
clarity

just engaged!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TerpLover

Rough_Rock
He popped the question last night and I can''t stop staring at it!
I don''t have the specs with me now, but I will post later...but I know you all want pics!
appl.gif

nring.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow lovely ring!! Congratulations. SPECS!

Looks alot like a Mark Morrell piece? I love the setting!
1.gif

LadyJ

Shiny_Rock
Congrats! I love your ring!!! It's just my style too. He did great!

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats...beautiful ring...love the flow of hte setting

TerpLover

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the compliments guys, I really enjoy the pics you all post as well!

Whew ok here is the story, my fiance (so wierd saying that!) recently inherited the stone from his Grandmother, he had it set in platinum D'Vatche setting. I still can't believe the ring, it was more than I could ever ask for! What a guy hehe.
SPECS:
2.72 Round Brilliant
Color G
Clarity SI1
measurements: 9.76-9.89 x 6.00mm
Depth 61.1%
Table 61%
Girdle Thin to slightly thick faceted
Cutlet Small
Polish Very good
Symmetry Very good
Florescence None

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
2.72 Round Brilliant 9.76-9.89 x 6.00mm
Depth 61.1% ?????
Are you sure your diamond only weights 2.72 carat??????

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
What a knockout! How lovely and how beautiful to know it's heirloom! I LOVE things with history, especially personal...Awwww...*fawning*

So how did he propose? How long have you two been together? What's the story of you two???
9.gif
Most importantly, I always want to know HOW did you two meet...
love.gif

pauls girl

Shiny_Rock
What a rock! Beautiful ring, and such a cool history!

Congratulations to both of you, and may your future be filled with happiness!

-PG

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
I need a Grandmother like that!!

Beautiful ring!!
love.gif

Congrats on your Engagement!! Wishing you many happy years together!!
1.gif

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
That is gorgeous!!
9.gif

I love the way it is set, it has a very clean and classic look!

Congrats!
appl.gif

Tek

Rough_Rock
DANG!!! That is a beautiful ring and HUGE too. VERY NICE!!! Congrats!!

ClownFishFunk

Shiny_Rock
Wow that's a beauty! I really like that first shot you posted, it looks stunning! I really like the setting - it looks like the diamond is set pretty low from the first pic, is that correct? I really love low settings! Enjoy it and congratulations!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!! From the table & depth specs you gave, seems like it may be a shallower stone, hence why it looks bigger than a typical 2.72c!
2.gif
Curious, how old is the stone? I love older stones!

BTW a well-cut 2.72c stone should have a diameter of around 9mm and depth of 5.5mm. So yours looks WAY bigger than it should but is also deeper. Interesting!!
1.gif
Sure looks pretty.

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
beautiful ring! I love the sentimentality of heirloom stones. Enjoy!

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Beautiful Ring..I love the stone..What a monster..Congratulations!..
wavey.gif

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
I have to echo everyone's sentiments, it's gorgeous!

Best wishes to you, congrats to your fiancee, and wear it always in love and health!

win

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice !

I agree with Stephan, that stone should weigh more to be so large for that depth
1.gif
about 3.5 cts, I guess. I am sure that the specs are the LAST thing you could possibly be thinking of, but if you will insure the stone you maay want this size puzzle solved, I guess...

TerpLover

Rough_Rock
Wow guys thank you so much for your input! And yes, in my haste of posting specs I did make two typos, it is SI2 and 3.54 carats (I had them read to me over the phone by his mother who still has the cert). All of these numbers and letters and ahh! I really do love the size, something I would never have dared to ask for but I guess we did luck out! But the sentimental value holds far more than the size
wink2.gif
. We met in high school and dated through college. I am going into the medical field so a low setting is just perfect for me. I'm still on cloud-nine..just floating along...
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif

Here is the proposal:
We took a trip back to the high school we both attended. We had lockers next to each-other (that's how we got to talking) our senior year there. He walked me to the locker and asked me if I remembered it. Of course I smiled and said I did. He asked me if I remembered the combination, of course I didn't. Then he said " I think I might be able to open it". He proceeded to turn the combo lock (of course I'm standing there thinking my poor guy is going nuts for breaking into some student's locker!) and the locker opens! Inside the locker was covered in pictures of us, momentos of past memories (movie stubs, matchboxes from restaurants ect.) With a small box at the bottom of the locker. This is when I start to shake. He pulled out the box (said something, I honestly couldn't make out a word he said!) opened it and asked for me to be his wife! It was then that I noticed several teachers behind me (who we had in high school) applauding. Whew sorry that was so long winded!

I'm glad all of you out there are fellow romantics! I look forward to hearing more stories (and seeing pics) from all of you!

TerpLover

Rough_Rock
So can anyone recommend a wedding band that would go well with this?
10.gif

VAgal13

Shiny_Rock
Oh my goodness...that ring is breath-taking! Congratulations!
appl.gif

It is special to know its an heirloom, yet the setting makes it all your own. Enjoy it and wear it in good health!

-S.F.

P.S. Reading the proposal made me choke up. What an amazing story to tell your children someday! For lack of a better word...WOW.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Hey Terplover...ok, what's a Terp? As for wedding bands that may go well, so you want more diamonds...? Here's one by LE...

me personally, I would get a wedding band to match your side stones in size, all around in an eternity band, or at least half way around for comfort or budget...

Full eternity band by Le.jpg

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
Here is the proposal:
We took a trip back to the high school we both attended. We had lockers next to each-other (that's how we got to talking) our senior year there. He walked me to the locker and asked me if I remembered it. Of course I smiled and said I did. He asked me if I remembered the combination, of course I didn't. Then he said ' I think I might be able to open it'. He proceeded to turn the combo lock (of course I'm standing there thinking my poor guy is going nuts for breaking into some student's locker!) and the locker opens! Inside the locker was covered in pictures of us, momentos of past memories (movie stubs, matchboxes from restaurants ect.) With a small box at the bottom of the locker. This is when I start to shake. He pulled out the box (said something, I honestly couldn't make out a word he said!) opened it and asked for me to be his wife! It was then that I noticed several teachers behind me (who we had in high school) applauding. Whew sorry that was so long winded!

----------------

Geeze Terp, I'm reduced to a puddle on the floor! How incredibly sweet and thoughtful your fiance is!!
9.gif

Best wishes and happiness always!
appl.gif

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
Love the ring and the proposal-congrats!!!

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
Mmm...I'm guessing here, but a turtle, I think?

win

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow that is such a romantic story! how is it that some guys get the romance gene in spades, and others find it woefully impaired?
9.gif

Obsessed

Shiny_Rock
What an incredible proposal.... and to top it all off, an exceptional ring!

Your fiance is one in a million!(oops, is that a debeers line)?

Seriously, I thought i was romatic. Boy do i feel ashamed.
Congratulations!

TerpLover

Rough_Rock
Terp- University of Maryland Terrapins (did my undergraduate work there)...still a big fan!
appl.gif
I like the rings that were posted...I've always wondered about those kinds of rings, does it accumulate gunk after a period of time
confused.gif
? I do a lot of stuff with my hands, can you easily clean those? Thank you all so much for your input and I look forward to hearing more!

BTW the weather here in Maryland is great! How is it where you all live?

Best,
Brooke

aneelcon

Shiny_Rock
lovely ring. I love how it sits so low. Great proposal. congrats.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Terplover, I though thats what is was, because I had a friend in college who was nicknamed Terp and he was from Maryland! Cute!
9.gif

As for cleaning them, some people use Windex, but i was told some dish soap and warm water, and a nice soft toothbrush should be good enough to keep them sparkling and grit free. Yes grit collects, even on an eternity band I have with CZs, and I sometimes just soak and brush...It works wonders!!! Also, every six months it's best to get them professionally polished, cleaned and checked, if not every year at least. Ring maintenance is so important, just ask anyone who's had a loose prong!! Good luck and I'll see if I can post some more!
9.gif
naughty.gif

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Beside the color being really odd, this is the look you could achieve (sort of) with a matching eternity band...

PSet 7987.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results