shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT Just Engaged! Tacori E-Ring!

CW2424

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I would just like to start off by saying that this website was extremely helpful in helping me determine what to look for in a diamond, so I want to thank you all for the enormous amount of posts to sift through leading up to the purchase of the ring.
http://www.pricescope.com/myimages/forum?id=message#
I recently proposed to my fiance (she said yes) after about 3.5 years of dating and after about 7 total years of knowing each other - we went to the same college and met freshman year in our dorm.

About a year ago she saw and fell in love with the Tacori 2628 emerald cut ring. So after a lot of shopping around, I found a local jeweler that is a Tacori dealer - they were extremely knowledgeable about diamonds and the various Tacori settings and I am extremely pleased with the results.

So, now what you are all interested in:

The setting: Tacori 2628 ECP (Petite Setting)
Metal: Platinum
Weight: .64 carats, G VS1 (I counted 42 stones - 9 up and down each side of the shank, 16 in the halo, 3 on both sides of the ring, and the 2 side stones)
Size: 7 1/4

The Center:
1.0 Carat GIA Certified G VS1
LxW Ration = 1.5

I know there are similar rings on here, but I have yet to find a picture of the emerald cut center stone with this setting. It was EXTREMELY helpful for me to look at the other 2628 settings (Lotsofsparkle's comes to mind) when deciding on certain features (metal/size/etc) and I hope that others find this useful when deciding on this same setting. If for nothing else, it helped the 4 week period go by (Tacori takes 4 weeks to craft the ring) so that I had a small idea of what my ring would look like.

I get more info on the center when I get home (I forgot to write down the specifics) and will update this post at that time.

Both of us are very excited about the ring and we are happy to answer questions others might have about our experience (so far) with Tacori, its selected retailers, the setting, or anything else! Hope you enjoy and thanks for looking!

photo(8).jpg

photo(12).jpg

photo(10).jpg

photo(9).jpg

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! The ring is absolutely gorgeous! You should also post a pic in the "Under a carat" folder. Although this center stone is right on the brink for ct weight there, it would be a great addition to that folder.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a truly beautiful ring!! I really love it! :love:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
REALLY pretty!

bethprov

Shiny_Rock
its just perfect :appl: :appl: :appl: congratulations!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring!!! Congrats :appl:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love love love this ring!!!

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
beautiful. need to see hand shots!! :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I absolutely love that setting for an emerald cut! It is really gorgeous!!! :love: :love: :love:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, what an absolutely stunning ring!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring!

Mrsacornblue

Shiny_Rock
What a beautiful ring! It looks simply stunning with the emerald cut in it!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!

confusedaisy

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous!! NEED HAND PICS!!!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous! I love ECs.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
What a lovely ring, congratulations! :appl:

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Its gorgeous :love: im in lust, can we please see hand shots?!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! I love those side stones!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I demand handshots! :razz:

Congrats!

tacoritoes

Rough_Rock
thanks so much for sharing! the proportions are perfect, i'm not as anxious about my wait as i was. and yes, please post some handshots!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
simply stunning!!! :love:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your engagement!!

Your ring is beautiful :appl:

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really love the step- cut brilliant cut combo, and those Cadillac sides are just so awesome!

CW2424

Rough_Rock
Thank you all so much for your compliments - we are very excited :)

Here are a couple of hand shots we took - the beach ones were taken right after the proposal, and the others were taken last night at your request. My apologies if the quality is not the greatest - I have a few point and shoot cameras that are about 3-4 years old, and only have 5 megapixels. Therefore, I have been using my iPhone - it has ten megapixels and at this point has gotten me the best shots in my opinion. I know there are a few threads out there with picture advice, but if anyone has any other suggestions, specifically with the iPhone, I'd love hear them.

Again, thanks for all of the compliments!

photo(9)_0.jpg

photo(8)_0.jpg

photo(10)_0.jpg

I have a few more to add but am running into an issue with the picture - no matter how many times I try to upload new pics to the server, it uploads the same picture every time. On my image control panel I have the same picture multiple times, but attempted to upload different pics. Has anyone run into this? How can I actually remove images from my image control panel, and how can I upload the rest for you guys?

kathleenmv

Shiny_Rock
This is my favorite Tacori setting in the whole wide world!!!! To. Die. For. Your ring is absolutely gorgeous and looks beautiful on your hand. Congratulations on your engagement, and wear your ring in health and happiness always.

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Amazing Amazing ring!! :appl: I adore step cuts, and it's so beautiful on her finger! She is a very lucky girl! :love:

I'm not sure about the iphone but most of us use macro mode for our pics. It really does a great job catching all that fire and brillance. Can not wait to see more shots! I just got a 1ct asscher and was thinking of adding side traps and a halo, now I sorta have an ideal of what that would look like! Great job!!!!

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The ring is beautiful! Congratulations!! :appl:

PriceScopeKayti

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Please join me in congratulating CW2424, this has been featured for Throwback Thursday! :kiss2: TBT 7.27.23

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results