shape
carat
color
clarity

Just curious: What to say if people ask how much you paid

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If anyone is so rude as to ask I say ”more than a car but less than a house“. And I do my ”one eyebrow raise” :razz:

Then they'll ask, "So, how much did you pay for your house and car?" :P2

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m veering off topic just a bit…I know some people on here may disagree with me..I have three friends that are not into fine jewelry. They also don’t have a lot of disposable cash. They have engagement rings but mostly wear costume jewelry..One of them considers herself a minimalist. She has an engagement ring that she only wears for functions. It‘s very small but that’s what she likes..truly. I think it’s around .25..I love it. It’s very sparkly..One friend has a really pretty house at the beach..It’s a short drive but not on the beach. They struggled to get this house because they didn’t plan well for retirement. It’s a dream for them to live there. They have to watch their pennies. She has a small marquise that has absolutely no sparkle at all. The other friend has a very small round that's also very nice. Her husband purchased a heart necklace for her with three small round stones to make up the heart. She never takes it off. He could have given her a pebble on a chain and she would love it just as much. The diamonds sparkle like mad…They planned well but they don’t have a lot of extra cash. I would feel really uncomfortable wearing my 3.01 ACA to lunch with them. I leave it at home and wear Ashlee..It’s a little over two carats but she’s an antique asscher with a lot of junk in the trunk. She appears smaller than two carats. The first time I wore it to lunch it was all the buzz about how it was huge…Did I just get it? They have money problems. I don’t feel comfortable wearing all my bling. I lied and said it was my grandma’s diamond which I inherited. That went over pretty well. I hate lying but otherwise I wouldn’t wear any jewelry. So after all my blabber if someone asked me how much paid for Winter I would lie or come back with something funny..I wouldn’t tell them.

I agree. I'm a big fan of "read the room".

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
BF is worried people will ask what it cost and that it will be awkward.

Oh then he should probably just head them off and ask, "Guess how much this cost?? Guess!!"

Bravissimo

Shiny_Rock
Oh then he should probably just head them off and ask, "Guess how much this cost?? Guess!!"

Funny! For his sake I wish he had the confidence to do that! He is too mild mannered.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If anyone is so rude as to ask I say ”more than a car but less than a house“. And I do my ”one eyebrow raise” :razz:

The "one eyebrow raise" really got me laughing!:lol:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My answer varies. Someone asked on a particularly ornery day and I said "I had to give up some booty". :lol: It wasn't an entirely false answer.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve never been asked cost, only who was the vendor etc. I think many people here also assume it’s a gift so I wouldn’t even know the price.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results