shape
carat
color
clarity

Just curious: What to say if people ask how much you paid

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If anyone is so rude as to ask I say ”more than a car but less than a house“. And I do my ”one eyebrow raise” :razz:

Then they'll ask, "So, how much did you pay for your house and car?" :P2

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I’m veering off topic just a bit…I know some people on here may disagree with me..I have three friends that are not into fine jewelry. They also don’t have a lot of disposable cash. They have engagement rings but mostly wear costume jewelry..One of them considers herself a minimalist. She has an engagement ring that she only wears for functions. It‘s very small but that’s what she likes..truly. I think it’s around .25..I love it. It’s very sparkly..One friend has a really pretty house at the beach..It’s a short drive but not on the beach. They struggled to get this house because they didn’t plan well for retirement. It’s a dream for them to live there. They have to watch their pennies. She has a small marquise that has absolutely no sparkle at all. The other friend has a very small round that's also very nice. Her husband purchased a heart necklace for her with three small round stones to make up the heart. She never takes it off. He could have given her a pebble on a chain and she would love it just as much. The diamonds sparkle like mad…They planned well but they don’t have a lot of extra cash. I would feel really uncomfortable wearing my 3.01 ACA to lunch with them. I leave it at home and wear Ashlee..It’s a little over two carats but she’s an antique asscher with a lot of junk in the trunk. She appears smaller than two carats. The first time I wore it to lunch it was all the buzz about how it was huge…Did I just get it? They have money problems. I don’t feel comfortable wearing all my bling. I lied and said it was my grandma’s diamond which I inherited. That went over pretty well. I hate lying but otherwise I wouldn’t wear any jewelry. So after all my blabber if someone asked me how much paid for Winter I would lie or come back with something funny..I wouldn’t tell them.

I agree. I'm a big fan of "read the room".

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If anyone is so rude as to ask I say ”more than a car but less than a house“. And I do my ”one eyebrow raise” :razz:

The "one eyebrow raise" really got me laughing!:lol:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My answer varies. Someone asked on a particularly ornery day and I said "I had to give up some booty". :lol: It wasn't an entirely false answer.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve never been asked cost, only who was the vendor etc. I think many people here also assume it’s a gift so I wouldn’t even know the price.

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    A Diva Got Her Diamond: Kristen Chenoweth is Engaged!
    A Diva Got Her Diamond: Kristen Chenoweth is Engaged! - 12/03
    December Birthstones 2021 - Zircon, Turquoise, and Tanzanite
    December Birthstones 2021 - Zircon, Turquoise, and Tanzanite - 12/01
    "Not so Fast!" says Mother Nature
    "Not so Fast!" says Mother Nature - 11/29