shape
carat
color
clarity

Just bought this!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I had to go with the oval. I don''t know why, I just kept coming back to it. And it''s my first ever loose gemstone purchase. FUN
9.gif

What do you think?

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Would probably help if I posted the pic!
redmalayaoval136.jpg

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
And now it doesn''t work......
kgg3.jpg

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
There she is
1.gif

misspinky

Brilliant_Rock
beautiful! what are the specs?

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats, Kelli! It''s gorgeous!

I''m having problems getting PayPal to work on his site . . . did you have any issues?

E B

Ideal_Rock
Yay! That was my favorite. "Juicy" is the perfect word to describe it. Also, "red delicious."
9.gif

Anyway, I love it. How will you set it?

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Sounds like an apple, LOL!

Happy for you Kelli!
36.gif

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Miss Pinky and LTP! It''s a 1.36 vvs Malaya Garnet. 8.14x6.12x3.98. I''m pretty much clueless on colored gems, so I don''t know if it was a really great buy or anything, I just LOVED the picture and it reminded me of the candy at my great-grandparents'' house when I was a kid. It was pretty inexpensive ($105) so I went for it.

As for the payment--- the first time I tried to pay it failed, but I was trying to just use a credit card. I don''t know what went wrong as the card is fine, but it worked when I used paypal.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/24/2008 2:38:33 PM
Author: EBree
Yay! That was my favorite. ''Juicy'' is the perfect word to describe it. Also, ''red delicious.''
9.gif

Anyway, I love it. How will you set it?
Thanks! I thought it looked pretty juicy too
9.gif
I don''t know how I''ll set it yet. Dani found some gorgeous settings on LOGR, but even those might be more than I want to spend right now. I could either wait until I have more $$$, or ask for a setting for Christmas, or put it in a REEEEAAAAALLY cheap solitaire setting for now and find a better one later. I''m just looking forward to having a pretty little red rock to take pictures of and play with. Hopefully very soon I can take some shots of her AND my e-ring together!!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/24/2008 2:50:30 PM
Author: Kelli
Thanks Miss Pinky and LTP! It''s a 1.36 vvs Malaya Garnet. 8.14x6.12x3.98. I''m pretty much clueless on colored gems, so I don''t know if it was a really great buy or anything, I just LOVED the picture and it reminded me of the candy at my great-grandparents'' house when I was a kid. It was pretty inexpensive ($105) so I went for it.

As for the payment--- the first time I tried to pay it failed, but I was trying to just use a credit card. I don''t know what went wrong as the card is fine, but it worked when I used paypal.
Thanks! I waited to see what you were picking because I''d had the Cushion Malaya Garnet in my basket for a few weeks, but wanted to make sure I didn''t snatch it out from under you.
2.gif

Also, I had the opposite happen - my PayPal was acting up but my CC was fine. Weird.
3.gif

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Woooooo pretty!! What are the dimensions, in case I come across some "very reasonably priced" (re: cheap) setting?

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/24/2008 3:04:39 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier

Date: 9/24/2008 3:01:58 PM
Author: Upgradable
14k yellow gold antique setting for $35!!! You''d have to have the head changed, but that stone would be beautiful in here!
Whoa, that doesn''t seem possible!!!!!
Ditto! It''s beautiful and the price seems unreasonably low! Thanks for not snatching it from me LTP!! But buy it now so I know I''ll get to see more pictures, and maybe a finished project!!

Do you guys think that color would look good in rose gold? I found this.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=130252214101&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=003

If not, it comes in yellow and white too, and the price is the lowest I''ve found so far for an oval.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Oooh - I like that one! A lot!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Which one? The one I posted? I''m not sure about the red in rose gold. The notes said it shows a slight orange in some lighting. Maybe I should wait to see it first.

Upgradable--- Wow you are fast! And you''ve posted some really cool options. Unfortunately I have to go back to work and won''t be off til almost ten, which means I''m not gonna be able to throw in a bid at the last moment on that double halo setting from LOGR.
39.gif
That''s probably actually better though. I''m sure it won''t stay as low as it is now and if I can find something cheaper I really should!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I do like those silver ones too. I wasn''t really thinking silver, but maybe I should. Now you guys are gonna have to help me choose the settin

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
oops cut off my sentence--- I''m sure you got the gist. OK really off to work now, be back later!!
9.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I think that red and rose look cool together. I also thought I saw that setting in white gold.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kelli, that is one beautiful stone. I do love the color, it is just yummmmmmmy. I can''t wait to see the finished setting. It will be gorgeous.

linda

historychick

Shiny_Rock
it''s beautiful...if you are looking for an inexpensive setting you should check out the thread on Lord of the gem rings. They have some nice stuff in very reasonable price ranges.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Tessie that is really pretty and the price does seem really good. I wonder how those little diamonds are...

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Hold it now for a bit! Are you in a hurry, have a train to catch or something? You didn''t even get the stone and already you''re choosing settings! How about waiting at least to see the thing, just to make sure it looks as nice as in the photo and doesen''t have some diferent shades mixed in.

It could look great in rose gold, and that setting you found looks nice, but I''d never buy it cause it''s way too light in weight. At 1.6 grams it is hollow like a water pipe, and any pressure applied on it could cause damage (especially on prongs), in which case a repair would be more expensive than the setting itself, or you''d maybe even lose the stone. Not to mention that every time you reset the stone you risk damaging it in the process. I''d also think twice about ridiculously cheap settings that contain diamonds - those probably start falling out the next day, or are just plain ugly. So I''d suggest either waiting until you save enough for a decent setting (at least 3 grams in weight), or getting a silver one that is a bit more sturdy (heavier). You can have some pink side stones if you''d like something that reminds of rose gold. Not sure about plating though, cause stone would probably have to be taken out every time replating is done.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/25/2008 4:07:08 AM
Author: ma re
Hold it now for a bit! Are you in a hurry, have a train to catch or something? You didn''t even get the stone and already you''re choosing settings! How about waiting at least to see the thing, just to make sure it looks as nice as in the photo and doesen''t have some diferent shades mixed in.

It could look great in rose gold, and that setting you found looks nice, but I''d never buy it cause it''s way too light in weight. At 1.6 grams it is hollow like a water pipe, and any pressure applied on it could cause damage (especially on prongs), in which case a repair would be more expensive than the setting itself, or you''d maybe even lose the stone. Not to mention that every time you reset the stone you risk damaging it in the process. I''d also think twice about ridiculously cheap settings that contain diamonds - those probably start falling out the next day, or are just plain ugly. So I''d suggest either waiting until you save enough for a decent setting (at least 3 grams in weight), or getting a silver one that is a bit more sturdy (heavier). You can have some pink side stones if you''d like something that reminds of rose gold. Not sure about plating though, cause stone would probably have to be taken out every time replating is done.
Not in a hurry, just having some fun. Hurrying would be actually rushing ahead and buying something. I''m just seeing what my options are, because shopping is FUN! And I wouldn''t get a rediculously cheap setting that contained diamonds. But I would consider one of those LOGR settings, they are beautiful and penty of people are satisfied with them. This is not hardly my engagement ring, so I''m not going to be all that choosy.

BTW thank you everyone for the nice comments. I told them to hold it for a few days since I''d be out of town, but I''m back now and hoping to get it soon!!!
1.gif

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
And now I bought this!!! I shouldn''t have, but I got one of those second chance offers for my bid, which was $1.50 over the asking price. I paid $151.50 for the setting, so PLEASE for the love of God, keep reminding me that I can''t spend ANY more money! But here it is.....

garnetsetting.jpg

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow Kelli that is going to look AMAZING! Yay!
36.gif

No more for you, LOL!
2.gif

Tessie

Rough_Rock
Oooh that is going to be so pretty! I can''t wait to see photos of it completed on your hand!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rockin'' Kelli - that stone is going to look GORGEOUS in that setting! Can''t wait to see it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results