color
clarity

Just Bought A Clarity Enhanced Need Advice

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
tcoulte1|1420426112|3811881 said:
Hello,

I just found this website and just a few days ago I went to the SAME Larry's on 47th ST NYC. I bought a beautiful setting from them 5 years ago and it appraised as it was stated by them all decent diamonds. So I went back to get something else 5 years later and guess what after the point of sale and had my ring sized, I see the receipt said clarity enhanced . I don't even know what that is.. I brought in my GIA certified center diamond I had for 15 years and found a setting that was beautiful. both ring settings (eng & band) add up to 2.50 (1.25 ea) with out the center stone. NEVER was it mentioned to me that it was enhanced until I looked at the receipt and on the so called appraisal. all the stones in the setting are enhanced.. did i by junk?? I was told by the CC I need to go have it appraised by my jeweler here in GA to see what is what.
I contacted Larrys and or course they said, well its on the receipt. but NO ONE mentioned this to me.. not at the point of sale, before or after. I traded in my old setting for a down payment so I don't think ill get it back now (thanks goodness i kept my good diamond ) so now the setting has all CE diamonds around my good one. It looks good but WTH????? is it glass ?? did I pay for nothing??

They will not call me back and I have contacted my CC company who said.. they will back me up if it does not appraise ..

any suggestions??? I too know better and my husband and I do have a clue... But not once did I look at the receipt until i got home.. I trusted them since they did good by me the first time... I'm in tears because we work hard for our money for thieves to steal from us.

PLEASE HELP with any suggestions

THnxs
GAgirl

They are not thieves who stole from you.
You share the blame for not doing your homework prior to the purchase.

A clarity-enhanced diamond is not glass.
It is a real diamond that was treated to improve the appearance.
They are worth less, but they sell for less.

Sure, they should have told you it was CE, but you should have done your homework before buying.
When the price sounds too good to be true it IS not true.

I would not buy one but some fully-informed people are very happy to get a larger diamond for their budget, that was CE.

I'm satisfied with the not-CE diamonds that I can afford ... even though they are smaller.

tcoulte1

Rough_Rock
I share the blame because i trusted them... thanks.. really didn't need that.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
tcoulte1|1420426112|3811881 said:
Hello,

I just found this website and just a few days ago I went to the SAME Larry's on 47th ST NYC. I bought a beautiful setting from them 5 years ago and it appraised as it was stated by them all decent diamonds. So I went back to get something else 5 years later and guess what after the point of sale and had my ring sized, I see the receipt said clarity enhanced . I don't even know what that is.. I brought in my GIA certified center diamond I had for 15 years and found a setting that was beautiful. both ring settings (eng & band) add up to 2.50 (1.25 ea) with out the center stone. NEVER was it mentioned to me that it was enhanced until I looked at the receipt and on the so called appraisal. all the stones in the setting are enhanced.. did i by junk?? I was told by the CC I need to go have it appraised by my jeweler here in GA to see what is what.
I contacted Larrys and or course they said, well its on the receipt. but NO ONE mentioned this to me.. not at the point of sale, before or after. I traded in my old setting for a down payment so I don't think ill get it back now (thanks goodness i kept my good diamond ) so now the setting has all CE diamonds around my good one. It looks good but WTH????? is it glass ?? did I pay for nothing??

They will not call me back and I have contacted my CC company who said.. they will back me up if it does not appraise ..

any suggestions??? I too know better and my husband and I do have a clue... But not once did I look at the receipt until i got home.. I trusted them since they did good by me the first time... I'm in tears because we work hard for our money for thieves to steal from us.

PLEASE HELP with any suggestions

THnxs
GAgirl

Sorry for your unfortunate experience, GAgirl... Just follow the instructions given by your CC company and follow through. Don't know what type of setting your looking for, but you should consider Union Diamond (in Atlanta) or Diamonds Direct (here in Bham, AL). Best of luck to you!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry this has happened to you. I don't blame you there are heaps of unscrupulous diamond dealers in the US selling clarity enhanced stones and many use every trick they can in the book to deceive poor people with a lack of diamond knowledge.

Start a new thread and complain to your credit card company to see if you can get a refund.

tcoulte1

Rough_Rock
thanks I will, not sure why they did this now, I didn't think to look at the receipt because i assumed they were being straight up.

when all said & done I will do business closer to home from now on.

Thank you

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
tcoulte1|1420427002|3811890 said:

Way to twist my words ... :nono:

You don't share the blame "because you trusted them".
Actually you trusting them had nothing to do with your mistake.
You share the blame because you didn't do your homework prior to purchasing CE diamonds.

As they say, trust but verify.

I'd never purchase without a grading report from GIA or AGS and a no-questions-asked money-back guarantee period that's long enough for me to be sure that what I've bought is right for me.
... and I DO trust my diamond vendors ... I just do my homework on diamonds AND diamond vendors very carefully.

I doubt you'd buy CE diamonds today. Why? Because you know better now.
Take responsibility for your mistake of not reading the receipt when you got it, instead of calling the vendor a thief.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1420428914|3811906 said:
tcoulte1|1420427002|3811890 said:

Way to twist my words ... :nono:

You don't share the blame "because you trusted them".
You trusting them had nothing to do with your mistake.
You share the blame because you didn't do your homework prior to purchasing CE diamonds.

Take responsibility for your mistake of not reading the receipt when you got it, instead of calling the vendor a thief.

I don't agree.

I expect my reciept to reflect things that were discussed or made known to me during the transaction, or that are common policies. For example, I'm a bargain hunter and purchase sale items a lot. Usually independent stores will post a notice near their sales rack, or at the checkout counter, if their sale merchandise is not returnable, or it will be reflected on the price tag, or the seller will mention it when writing up the sale. A receipt is not a contract in the sense that both parties negotiate it and sign it to indicate that they agree to the terms - it's a reflection of a completed transaction. By the time you get a receipt the seller has your money and the transaction is considered complete. That's pretty late in the game to mention that oh, by the way, those diamonds you bought are clarity enhanced.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1420428914|3811906 said:
* * * As they say, trust but verify.
I'd never purchase without a grading report from GIA or AGS and a no-questions-asked money-back guarantee period that's long enough for me to be sure that what I've bought is right for me. * * *
kenny, seems like you've blown past the fact that tcoulte1 already had her own center stone, with GIA report, purchased 15 years ago; what Larry's just sold her was an e-ring semi-mount with CE stones. When was the last time you saw a semi-mount where all the accent/melee stones carried GIA or AGS reports?

As a FYI to locals (this isn't very useful to tcoulte1 who is now back home in Georgia): NY law requires business to clearly post their return-refund policies -- including No Refunds Given -- so you can see it before you make the purchase, i.e., it's not enough for for the refund policy to appear on the sales receipt. If there is no such sign, the retailer must accept a return within 30 days & refund the purchase price.

tcoulte1

Rough_Rock
Kenny
There's no twist in words here... IT was NEVER mentioned to me at the point of sale or after the sale the stones were CE diamonds.. This is unscruplous. And frankly I don't care who or what you think is fair or not.

Trusted business people should be upfront from the beginning ... end of story I don't need your lesson on diamonds, i know the information.. what i got is a lesson on how people can steal from you.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
tcoulte1|1420495351|3812234 said:
Kenny
There's no twist in words here... IT was NEVER mentioned to me at the point of sale or after the sale the stones were CE diamonds.. This is unscruplous. And frankly I don't care who or what you think is fair or not.

Trusted business people should be upfront from the beginning ... end of story I don't need your lesson on diamonds, i know the information.. what i got is a lesson on how people can steal from you.

Well, okie dokie, then. :wavey:

tsanfei

Rough_Rock
I assume so at some point. I asked the credit card company what the procedure should be and they told me to just do nothing for now until they notify me.

Joe - I just fell into the same trap as you where they didn't tell me it was a Clarity Enhanced diamond bracelet during the selling process. I left the store and paid for the bracelet before reading the appraisal. These guys are crooks. Interested to hear whether your credit card company came through for you. I'm using Citi.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results