shape
carat
color
clarity

Just Bought A Clarity Enhanced Need Advice

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, please do tell us the store. I would also leave a Yelp review.

I am so sorry this has been such a bad experience for you. I hope it all gets resolved, you get your refund, and you all find a great diamond pendant.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh, I SO hope your credit card company comes through!!! And by all means, DO name the bad jewelry store so others doing a search can be forewarned!

Please let us know what happens! Good Luck!

joebrooklyn

Rough_Rock
distracts|1408831240|3738237 said:
Yes, please do tell us the store. I would also leave a Yelp review.

I am so sorry this has been such a bad experience for you. I hope it all gets resolved, you get your refund, and you all find a great diamond pendant.

The name of the store is Larry's Fine Jewelers. It's on 47th Street in Manhattan, NY.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Stand your ground. Insist with the credit card company that you followed store policy and want them to back out any payment made to this seller. Once they do that, he will be very happy to have the ring returned from you and be done with it. Don't waste any time in sending your documents to the credit card company which indicate the policy of the seller and the report from IGI which meets their policy for an unbiased appraisal. When it is time to return, I suggest sending it back registered mail so that you can prove you delivered it back and have a signature to prove delivery. Returning it in person can be confrontational and a signature might not be provided.

It is really painful to hear stories like yours. So many good people involved in the diamond business and so many consumers victimized by a relatively small number of crooks. Good luck with getting this episode over and done.

rockhoundofficiando

Shiny_Rock
here is someone else with a similar complaint about a CE they bought from them: http://www.yellowpages.com/new-york-ny/mip/larrys-fine-jewelry-inc-455452463 However there are multiple positive google reviews and 100% positive reviews on Ebay for them. I looked at a few of their listings on their website for diamonds other than GIA, and on ebay and all were labeled "CE" or "filled". However whether or not they explain what that is at the time of purchase is another story. Hope you get your money back, it appears the person above did, so that bodes well for you.

joebrooklyn

Rough_Rock
rockhoundofficiando|1408905408|3738587 said:
here is someone else with a similar complaint about a CE they bought from them: http://www.yellowpages.com/new-york-ny/mip/larrys-fine-jewelry-inc-455452463 However there are multiple positive google reviews and 100% positive reviews on Ebay for them. I looked at a few of their listings on their website for diamonds other than GIA, and on ebay and all were labeled "CE" or "filled". However whether or not they explain what that is at the time of purchase is another story. Hope you get your money back, it appears the person above did, so that bodes well for you.

Yes, my fiance and I saw this review when we came home and realized that this ring was GAI not GIA certified. Also keep in mind there may be many people who have no idea what CE means. SO if they bought on ebay or wherever and got a crap diamond they may not even know. I'm 45, I've been married once before, been engaged before and have many friends who have been engaged and I never heard the term Clarity Enhanced before. The Term even sounds positive. It should be called Damaged Repaired Diamonds.

joebrooklyn

Rough_Rock
I received a phone call from my Credit Card company's dispute division and it is now going to the Manager's level because of the large amount. They said it will be resolved in 2-3 business days from Friday. So I'm guessing by Thursday?
I also put in a complaint with the NYC Dept Of Consumer Affairs. JVC told me they have many complaints about these scumbags and are looking to shut them down. They just need a few more complaints. I also put in a complaint with BBB.

They could have avoided all this by just giving me my money back; but either they are dumb or they have some reason to deny refunds, maybe they figure even if they win one dispute, it costs them nothing and they made money, I dont know. But they are in hot water with NYC Dept Of Consumer Affairs.

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
Lesson learned. IDJ is the way to go or GOG... Small ideal is the better deal. You will ultimately be disappointed with a larger CE stone. Trust this forum on this one.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Things are sounding positive considering the dept of consumer affairs has many complaints already! Hoping for the right decision from your CC company!

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
joebrooklyn|1409521724|3742617 said:
Yes, my fiance and I saw this review when we came home and realized that this ring was GAI not GIA certified. Also keep in mind there may be many people who have no idea what CE means. SO if they bought on ebay or wherever and got a crap diamond they may not even know. I'm 45, I've been married once before, been engaged before and have many friends who have been engaged and I never heard the term Clarity Enhanced before. The Term even sounds positive. It should be called Damaged Repaired Diamonds.

Glad to hear things look good for gettingyour $$$ back! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Just an FYI, there's 2 types of clarity enhancement. Fracture filling, which you encountered, and laser drilling and bleaching an inclusion. There's a world of difference between the 2, and laser drilled diamonds can be excellent, as long as the treatment is disclosed. Here's a thread from where I considered and ultimately bought a CE diamond, and have zero regrets that I did. The main thing to note is that the vendor disclosed it in big letters on the stone's webpage, and detailed out what was done in thier emails to me. An example of a very honest vendor. [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/i-wouldnt-normally-consider-a-ce-stone.198467/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/i-wouldnt-normally-consider-a-ce-stone.198467/[/URL]

joebrooklyn

Rough_Rock
Great news!! I just heard back from my credit card company and they processed the disputed charge in my favor and gave me a credit! I'm so happy I was literally dancing with joy.
Now the question is, how do I return the ring? If I go there physically and try to get a signature stating they received the ring they may give me a problem.

drk14

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! Below is Dave Atlas's recommendation that he posted earlier about how to return the ring. Sounds like good advice:

Oldminer|1408892481|3738495 said:
When it is time to return, I suggest sending it back registered mail so that you can prove you delivered it back and have a signature to prove delivery. Returning it in person can be confrontational and a signature might not be provided.

Madison2

Brilliant_Rock
Joebrooklyn, I am happy for you that you were able to get your refund. I think you should mail the ring back return receipt or fed-ex with signature required so you have proof you sent it back. In person, it can get confrontational and you don't want to waste any more of your time with this theif!

When things settle down for you go see ID Jewelry or Good Old Gold both located in NY and honest guys and wonderful to work with!

joebrooklyn

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for your support and advice!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
drk14|1409967103|3745771 said:
Congrats! Below is Dave Atlas's recommendation that he posted earlier about how to return the ring. Sounds like good advice:

Oldminer|1408892481|3738495 said:
When it is time to return, I suggest sending it back registered mail so that you can prove you delivered it back and have a signature to prove delivery. Returning it in person can be confrontational and a signature might not be provided.
But what if these crooks claim that the box was empty?

nukezero

Rough_Rock
Wow, I thought all New Yorker's in the diamond district area were legit and top notch. 47th street right?

I backed out of a deal with some vendor(won't mention who, they are on PS vendors) in the diamond district (I'm over in CA), because I just got a, wierd, wierd feeling in my stomach with their tone of voice. Maybe it's a new yorker thing.

Anyhow, I decided to spend a little bit more for peace of mind and went to Good Old Gold in Massapequa, NY. I know their prices are high but their service, support, and quality are going to be right up in line with anybody else.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's great, we are so happy you got your money back!!!! Now before you go shopping again, start a new thread with what you are looking for and everyone will help you find something.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AWESOME news!!!!

I'd send it back Registered Mail, signature, return receipt, etc. BUT, I think I would package it in the presence of someone (or more than one person) who can witness that the ring is in the package and watch you mail it.

I highly recommend Good Old Gold on Long Island. They are honest and have the finest selection of well cut diamonds you'll find anywhere.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And insure it when you return it back. It'll probably cost a lot to insure it for it's full value, but having to fill out official documentation to claim it's lost may stop any false claims on the store's part about not having received it.

joebrooklyn

Rough_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1410020157|3745976 said:
AWESOME news!!!!

I'd send it back Registered Mail, signature, return receipt, etc. BUT, I think I would package it in the presence of someone (or more than one person) who can witness that the ring is in the package and watch you mail it.

I highly recommend Good Old Gold on Long Island. They are honest and have the finest selection of well cut diamonds you'll find anywhere.

Yes, I will do that right now. Thank you again all of you or as we say in Brooklyn, all of yous, LOL!!!

joebrooklyn

Rough_Rock
arkieb1|1410007847|3745887 said:
That's great, we are so happy you got your money back!!!! Now before you go shopping again, start a new thread with what you are looking for and everyone will help you find something.

I will do that right now and thank you all again.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Great news! A rare win for a consumer with a legitimate complaint. :dance: :boohoo: :dance: :boohoo:

permafrost

Rough_Rock
take a minute to post your experience on yelp, could be very helpful to others

http://www.yelp.com/biz/larrys-fine-jewelry-inc-new-york

Personally, I would contact the credit card to find out what proof they need to substantiate the return.

Photo document everything - even if you ship it .. with pictures that clearly show the item + return label in same shot

if it''s feasible to return to store, I would get some type of return receipt or have them sign a document you have prepared indicating they have received the item. And I'd take more photo's, clearly showing their item back in their business.

joebrooklyn

Rough_Rock
I called the credit card company to get some guidance on returning the ring and they told me that the credit I received is just temporary and that they are still trying to resolve the issue with the dealer. They said if it gets resolved in my favor or if the dealer doesn't respond with documentation in 2 billings cycle then my credit will be permanent.

So, it's not over yet.

Madison2

Brilliant_Rock
but don't you have to return the ring?

joebrooklyn

Rough_Rock
Madison2|1410222272|3747347 said:
but don't you have to return the ring?

I assume so at some point. I asked the credit card company what the procedure should be and they told me to just do nothing for now until they notify me.

tcoulte1

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I just found this website and just a few days ago I went to the SAME Larry's on 47th ST NYC. I bought a beautiful setting from them 5 years ago and it appraised as it was stated by them all decent diamonds. So I went back to get something else 5 years later and guess what after the point of sale and had my ring sized, I see the receipt said clarity enhanced . I don't even know what that is.. I brought in my GIA certified center diamond I had for 15 years and found a setting that was beautiful. both ring settings (eng & band) add up to 2.50 (1.25 ea) with out the center stone. NEVER was it mentioned to me that it was enhanced until I looked at the receipt and on the so called appraisal. all the stones in the setting are enhanced.. did i by junk?? I was told by the CC I need to go have it appraised by my jeweler here in GA to see what is what.
I contacted Larrys and or course they said, well its on the receipt. but NO ONE mentioned this to me.. not at the point of sale, before or after. I traded in my old setting for a down payment so I don't think ill get it back now (thanks goodness i kept my good diamond ) so now the setting has all CE diamonds around my good one. It looks good but WTH????? is it glass ?? did I pay for nothing??

They will not call me back and I have contacted my CC company who said.. they will back me up if it does not appraise ..

any suggestions??? I too know better and my husband and I do have a clue... But not once did I look at the receipt until i got home.. I trusted them since they did good by me the first time... I'm in tears because we work hard for our money for thieves to steal from us.

PLEASE HELP with any suggestions

THnxs
GAgirl

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
tcoulte1|1420426112|3811881 said:
Hello,

I just found this website and just a few days ago I went to the SAME Larry's on 47th ST NYC. I bought a beautiful setting from them 5 years ago and it appraised as it was stated by them all decent diamonds. So I went back to get something else 5 years later and guess what after the point of sale and had my ring sized, I see the receipt said clarity enhanced . I don't even know what that is.. I brought in my GIA certified center diamond I had for 15 years and found a setting that was beautiful. both ring settings (eng & band) add up to 2.50 (1.25 ea) with out the center stone. NEVER was it mentioned to me that it was enhanced until I looked at the receipt and on the so called appraisal. all the stones in the setting are enhanced.. did i by junk?? I was told by the CC I need to go have it appraised by my jeweler here in GA to see what is what.
I contacted Larrys and or course they said, well its on the receipt. but NO ONE mentioned this to me.. not at the point of sale, before or after. I traded in my old setting for a down payment so I don't think ill get it back now (thanks goodness i kept my good diamond ) so now the setting has all CE diamonds around my good one. It looks good but WTH????? is it glass ?? did I pay for nothing??

They will not call me back and I have contacted my CC company who said.. they will back me up if it does not appraise ..

any suggestions??? I too know better and my husband and I do have a clue... But not once did I look at the receipt until i got home.. I trusted them since they did good by me the first time... I'm in tears because we work hard for our money for thieves to steal from us.

PLEASE HELP with any suggestions

THnxs

GAgirl

Start a new thread. Link to this one for reference.

Also go get a good appraiser at Martin Fuller.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results