carat
color
clarity

"Just Barely" Pregnant PS''ers

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re:

PPM, good luck tonight! I'm sending lots of positive vibes your way.

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Mayerling: I've heard TONS about the benefits of B-6 as a nausea-reducer. Seems like a lot of ladies on here have had luck with Unisom, as well. Worth a shot if you're feeling miserable :sick:

AFM: Appointment went well, minus the doc making some snarky remark about, "Are we really sure you were pregnant last time? Your beta was down to a 7...." Yes, doc, after three days of pretty heavy bleeding. I did have MULTIPLE positive pregnancy tests, after all... It was probably just a chemical pregnancy, which still means there was a fertilized egg :angryfire:

Anyway... Saw the gestational sac and fetal pole. He suspects I'm 5w4d based on LMP, but gestational sac measurements estimate 6w1d. Couldn't see the heartbeat, which I expected. They didn't do any blood work :confused: , just the trans-vag ultrasound. It's just a waiting game. Next appointment is in 28 days, though he said I could come back in in 1.5 weeks if I wanted to see the heartbeat for extra reassurance. :$$): :$$): No thanks! He also insisted I power-walk two miles a day, and was very specific about speed and heart rate. He never asked if I work out on my own (I do), and weight/body fat is not a concern... I'm no super model, but I'm pretty tiny and relatively fit. This man has decent bedside manner in that he is not rushed and is very sweet, but I am excited to transfer to a midwife/birth center group in a couple of weeks. He's a bit too kooky for my liking.

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Well that's a good sign PPM! Glad you were able to see something! Are you feeling better now??

sugarpie honeybun

Shiny_Rock
Re:

PPM - that is great news! I wonder why they didn't take a blood test, though? Hmm... Nonetheless, happy things are okay. :))

Nothing new to report over here, other than my doc prescribed Zofran due to my extreme m/s. Took my first pill tonight when I left work and feeling okay so far. Will report back tomorrow. Hoping this will be the small miracle I need to get through the next few weeks. Maybe now I can enjoy Thanksgiving dinner... :lickout:

8 weeks, 1 day

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Re:

PPM, that's brilliant!

Sugarpie, I'm glad they prescribed something and you feel better. I just saw the doctor and she said that if I feel as bad before I go on my cruise she'll prescribe promethazine; I don't know whether that's the same as what you've been given. She did say, though, that the m/s is a sign that my "pregnancy has taken well".

AFM, I just had another antenatal appointment which was a complete waste. The midwife wasn't available so they booked me in with a doctor instead. Fine, I thought the doctor would basically do what the midwife would do. Wrong. She just basically told me the same things I was told at the other antenatal appointments and told me to try and see the midwife. The midwife isn't available until January so I don't see this going anywhere. I can't wait to go home for xmas to see my OBGYN. Also, there was a problem with the urine sample I gave last time so I had to give another one today. Let's see how this one turns out. Tomorrow I have to go in again to have some bloods done; nothing important, just things like blood type, etc. Oh well :rolleyes:

PetitiePoire

Shiny_Rock
Re:

Hi ladies, I am joining you all for now. We received our BFP a few days ago (although I’ve had symptoms for a while). I was pretty much in denial that it would actually happen so quickly. I just don’t have that kind of luck, so it must have been DH’s rubbing off. My last cycle was about September 17ish. Average length used to be 31 days, however, recently they were getting to 61, so I really do not know how far along I am.

I am cautiously optimistic, however, my symptoms felt as though they were fading. Before, as in the end of October, my boobs were extremely sore, however, now my bras just feel tight on the loosest setting. I still have major fatigue and the ms is getting under control. I’ve noticed I’ve been sitting around more on the days I feel less nauseous, so perhaps that has something to do with it. On my more active days I definitely feel it more. Is it terrible that I WANT to feel sick? It helps me to feel like everything is going well in there, so when it goes away, I worry.

Well, I’m excited to be in this thread with you all and I hope I am able to stay here a long while and healthily move into the big thread (with the rest of you!) when I get the all clear.

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Welcome, PetitePoire! :wavey:

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Choro, my job is all desk based, so shouldn't get too hard as I get further along. I'll probably ask to work from home the last few weeks just because I have a long commute, but other than that I count myself lucky that I can sit on my behind all day! Glad the cramping has let up a litle.

PPM, I work in env. health and safety for a large chemical company. Like I told Choro, all desk work, but like China said it makes it hard when you feel miserable because there's nothing to distract you but the computer! I'm glad your scan didn't show anything wrong, I'm hoping you still have a healthy bean cooking away in there. How weird about the Dr. telling you to powerwalk, and control heart rate seems very old school to me.

Mayerling, glad your dr. agreed to prescribe something for you. I get being conservative about what you put in your body, but if the alternate is feeling miserable, no thanks!

China, doh, thanks for mentioning the B6 as well. Can I blame preggo brain?

Sugarpie, so glad you are getting some relief as well.

Welcome PetitePoire! Wishing you a happy and healthy nine months!

AFM, 9w4d today. I feel blah and fat, I know gaining weight is part of a healthy pregnancy but I hate this in-between chubby but not really preggo state I'm in right now. This morning DH told me I actually look preggo to him in the dress I'm wearing, but feel like that's crazy. But I do have a little bump I can't suck in, didn't expect this so soon! Can't wait to be further along so I can just let the bump hang out instead of trying to suck it in walking around the halls at work.

DH's best friend was visiting all last week and finally left this morning, and I am so glad! The two of them stayed up way too late every night he was here, and as a result I got less sleep too. I'm taking vaction tomorrow and so excited for five days off work, I can do some much needed catching up on sleep!

One week until I get to go back to the midwife, so excited to hopefully hear the heartbeat then and schedule the NT scan.

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Okay, ladies. I need your expert help.

My last period was on October 11th (Tuesday) and every online calculator tells me I'm due on July 17th (also a Tuesday). However, I've been to the doctor 3 times now, and every person I've seen (different one each time in the UK) has told me I'm on July 19th (Thursday). That just doesn't make any sense to me. I'm due at 40 weeks + 2 days? Today's doctor said something like "oh but not all months have the same number of days" :shock: Why the hell should that matter? We're not counting months, we're counting weeks and by definition a week for me would be Tuesday to Tuesday. All I can think of is that the stupid hand-held chart they use to count doesn't account for leap years and it just thinks that July 19th will be Wednesday which would be just after 40 weeks. What do you think?

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Re:

mayerling|1321980047|3066825 said:
Okay, ladies. I need your expert help.

My last period was on October 11th (Tuesday) and every online calculator tells me I'm due on July 17th (also a Tuesday). However, I've been to the doctor 3 times now, and every person I've seen (different one each time in the UK) has told me I'm on July 19th (Thursday). That just doesn't make any sense to me. I'm due at 40 weeks + 2 days? Today's doctor said something like "oh but not all months have the same number of days" :shock: Why the hell should that matter? We're not counting months, we're counting weeks and by definition a week for me would be Tuesday to Tuesday. All I can think of is that the stupid hand-held chart they use to count doesn't account for leap years and it just thinks that July 19th will be Wednesday which would be just after 40 weeks. What do you think?

That does seem strange, but I wouldn't worry too much about it. Dating from LMP is only super accurate if you ovulated on day 14 anyway (do you have any idea when you Oed?), so you may get adjusted again when they do your scan at 12 weeks, and everything I have heard about babies indicates they don't really listen to due dates anyway! :lol:

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Yeah, due dates are pretty arbitrary. Even if you can pinpoint it exactly, the babies don't necessarily pay attention! I had to be induced after 10 days past my "due date", whereas both of one of my BFF's babies came 3 weeks "early". Sometimes they will even change your due date later in pregnancy, due to where you are measuring, etc. I wouldn't worry about it. Once you see your midwife, they will give you an official due date. Which probably just means "somewhere around this week you will most likely have your baby". :cheeky:

Sugarpie- Glad you got the Zofran. Hope it helps!!

PPM- Glad you saw the dr and all seems okay! I agree that's weird on the walking stuff- not that you shouldn't be walking, but just seems so arbitrary.

PetirePoire- Welcome! :wavey:

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Yeah, I know the baby will probably come unexpectedly anyway, I just don't get why they keep insisting on such an arbitrary date and looking at me funny when I tell them that a bunch of calculators predict the 17th.

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

PPM, yay for no bad news! I get CM with blood mixed in too and it's so scary :(

mayerling, so glad you got medication! So sorry that you vomited. Good luck on your cruising! Is your room at the middle of the ship, lower level? I heard those are better in terms of rocking motion. Also, don't fret about the due date :)

PetitPoire, welcome! I completely understand wanting to feel symptoms! I've been lucky enough to have not many symptoms so far, but it gets me so worried.

Steph, I'm shocked at my belly too! I'm only 9W4D, and I've left buttons open already. I'm convinced that it's because (TMI!) I'm SO constipated :knockout:

PetitiePoire

Shiny_Rock
Re:

Thank you for the welcome!

I have a few questions.

When was your test line darker than your control?- When I took my test it was immediately there and super dark. I'm just curious if it will give any indication as to how far along I am.

Is anyone else crazy emotional?- I get teary eyed at the simplest things... like the Pampers commercial. I am also pretty grouchy most of the day! poor DH.

What does your stomach feel like?- I'm worried because I feel more bloated, but I do not have a noticeable hard bump. I guess I am just terrified of something being wrong!

Thank you to those you may have some insight or share their experiences! I love reading all of your updates.

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Re:

PP, I just used a digi straight away, and here in the UK some digis actually tell us how far along we are in the pregnancy.
I'm experiencing a bloat too, but no real bump yet (at 6w1d). Early symptoms I had were cramps and incessant peeing. Now, it's mainly sore boobs and morning/afternoon/evening sickness.

AFM, remember yesterday when I said the doctor told me she'd make sure I could get a prescription for my m/s when I needed it? Well, this morning when I called the office to get it, they said she never put it on my record and that another doctor needs to give the all-clear for it (she's not in today). Apparently all doctors are booked up today and they might or might not get to it before pharmacies close at 6pm. I'm so mad at her! :angryfire:

PetitiePoire

Shiny_Rock

mayerling|1322056910|3067595 said:
PP, I just used a digi straight away, and here in the UK some digis actually tell us how far along we are in the pregnancy.
I'm experiencing a bloat too, but no real bump yet (at 6w1d). Early symptoms I had were cramps and incessant peeing. Now, it's mainly sore boobs and morning/afternoon/evening sickness.

AFM, remember yesterday when I said the doctor told me she'd make sure I could get a prescription for my m/s when I needed it? Well, this morning when I called the office to get it, they said she never put it on my record and that another doctor needs to give the all-clear for it (she's not in today). Apparently all doctors are booked up today and they might or might not get to it before pharmacies close at 6pm. I'm so mad at her! :angryfire:

Oh no! That totally sucks. I hope they are able to get the prescription in before they close. I would be livid too.

AFM, I decided to call an imaging center and a doctors office and neither were willing to give me an appointment because I will not be here full time. I was suggested to go to the ER, as they get people from out of the country and could also do all of the testing. I'm pretty sure ER visits are much more expensive and our insurance emailed us and said we would have to pay here and then get reimbursed when we return.

I've been having very odd dreams, which have made me very nervous about this pregnancy. For some reason I have a concern about it being ectopic! I don't really know why. I am also RH-, so I am even more paranoid about something happening before I can get the shot.

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock
Re:

PP- that Pampers commercial could make a STONE cry. I can't handle that one. As soon as I see it coming on, the tears start a-flowing.

If you haven't seen the commercial, search "Pampers commercial 2011" on youtube and it is the "Pampers - for every little miracle" one.

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Update:

So I waited by the phone all day for the call for the doctor saying I can get a prescription. Didn't get a phonecall during business hours so I called the emergency services and they said they'd be happy to prescribe something. Unfortunately they're located a bit far away so I won't be able to get my prescription from the pharmacy near me, which has closed, and I'll have to go to the midnight pharmacy. And whaddayaknow, the original doctor just called and said 'oh, good! It sounds like everything's sorted!' :angryfire:

PetitiePoire

Shiny_Rock
Re:

Ahh mayerling! What terrible timing. Is there a silver lining though? Do you have your prescription now? I really hope it helps. Also, will this be your doc for the entire pregnancy?

Muffdog- I am glad I'm not the only one! The first time DH and I saw it we looked at each other and smiled. It mentions something about bilingual babies and that's something we are really looking forward to. haha. Just thinking about it gets me misty eyed! Oh and alll of military/holiday commercials! Those get me too.

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock

MuffDog|1322071051|3067755 said:
PP- that Pampers commercial could make a STONE cry. I can't handle that one. As soon as I see it coming on, the tears start a-flowing.

If you haven't seen the commercial, search "Pampers commercial 2011" on youtube and it is the "Pampers - for every little miracle" one.

Oh good lord, that commercial made me cry before I was even pregnant! I just watched an extended version I hadn't seem before online and I'm crying again!

Happy Thanksgiving to all the US mommies to be! Hope everyone else is having a great week.

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Hi everyone!

So, get this. I'll be 12 weeks on Saturday! Holy crap that went fast!!! I went to pick up my jug for my 24 hour urine test yesterday (also got more blood work, I am no longer scared to have my blood drawn! This was my 4th time this pregnancy.) and when I was walking into the hospital I saw a nurse helping a woman into her car and heard her say "Congratulations!" and I looked in the backseat and the Dad was putting the carseat in. It totally hit me that this will be us in about 6 months or so :bigsmile: ;( But anyway, the jug they gave me is bright orange :lol: So fun to walk out with, at least they gave me a plastic bag! So I will be sitting around the house all day on Sunday to collect urine, yippee! I am going on a bus trip with some friends on Saturday to NYC! SO excited. I think I might purchase my first baby outfit there if they have something in the Bubba Gump Store. DH and I love that movie and NYC is the closest place with that restaurant. I checked and they don't have the big tree in Rockefeller Center lit until November 30th, so we'll miss it! This is my friend's first time in NYC, too bad we won't be able to see it!

Happy Thanksgiving ladies and GO RAVENS tonight!!! I'm ready to EAT!

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Missy- Wow, 12 weeks- that went fast!!! I'm 14w, guess we need to head to the big girl thread?

Mayerling- So did you get your prescription or not? When do you leave? How are you feeling?

PP (PetitePoire)- Weird dreams are totally normal. I had crazy psycho dreams about someone murdering my dog and me,stuff like that all the time. Wait for the crazy sex dreams! :naughty:

As for commercials that make me cry- Dear Sophie Lee kills me every time.

ETA: Missy, what's the 24 hr urine test? Never had that????

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Happy Thanksgiving to the American barely-preggos and... happy Thursday to everyone else! :bigsmile:

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

China - Yes almost time for the big thread! My blood pressure was high so they're doing a 24 hour urine collection to test how my kidneys process protein I believe. I may have gestational hypertension and will have to be monitored more if so. She said it may limit the amount of blood flow through the placenta so they will check the growth of the baby more often if need be.

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Hi ladies. Sorry I've been MIA. I tried to reply this morning but PS kept crashing, and I've been teaching all day with no access to the internet.

Anyway, so last night I went to the emergency doctor and actually managed to get a prescription. That's the good news. The bad news is that this evening when I actually took a pill, I vomited 10 minutes later. I know that it's probably not that the medication doesn't work for me, and it's probably because I was already extremely nauseated. Unfortunately, DH doesn't want me to take another one, even though I think there's no way it would have been absorbed in 10 minutes. So now I'm stuck. And the bad thing is that I ended up throwing up my entire dinner - which we ate at a restaurant because I had a craving for it. :sick:

PetitiePoire

Shiny_Rock
Re:

China- glad to know the dreams are normal. They've started to turn into more positive happy baby dreams.

Mayerling- Yay for getting your meds! I hope they have been working well for you the past two days.

AFM, we told my side of the family on Thanksgiving. For some reason I was really nervous, but they were so happy and told everyone when we actually got to dinner. That was interesting and made me even more nervous, especially because I won't be back home until December 20th to know if all is well. I'm really happy my family was the first to know, because DH's family will be there after all appointments, birth, etc so it was really nice to have one piece just with my family.

In other news, I am going to cave and buy more tests. I need the added reassurance that something is in there! When I don't feel any sort of symptoms I get it in my head that they have been away for days/weeks.

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Re:

PetitePoire, it sounds great you got to tell your family. We're thinking of telling ours in a couple of weeks when I'll be about 9w along.

The promethazine didn't help yesterday. I actually had to go to bed at 9pm because the only time when I'm not nauseated is when I'm in bed. I just took another one today and I'm waiting to see if it works today.

How's everyone else doing? This board has been pretty quiet lately.

PetitiePoire

Shiny_Rock
Re:

We were pretty excited to tell them- even if we aren't sure how far along I am. DH goes back home in about a week and I felt like I needed to tell my family in case anything happens while he is gone. Otherwise, I would have waited too! Pregnancy brings a lot more worries than I thought!

Maylering- Sorry to hear your medicine isn't working. Is there anything over the counter you can get? In the US I used to use Nausene (or something like that) for general nausea, etc and it worked really well. I've yet to find it in France, but I try to keep it in stock.

Perhaps the other mommies to be are finishing Thanksgiving vacation? If so, how were your holidays?

sugarpie honeybun

Shiny_Rock
Re:

Hi Ladies- it has been awfully quiet in here, hasn't it?

Mayerling - sorry to hear you are still sick even on the meds. I've been on Zofran for the past week and while it has helped to ease my nausea, I still get bouts of queasiness and have even thrown up several times.

PetitePoire - that's great you were able to share the news with your family. It's such a nice time of year to be able to share such good news! :))

AFM - This first trimester is really doing a number on me physically and emotionally. Again, I hate to sound like a complainer, but the constant sickness, exhaustion, constipation (sorry TMI), and emotional roller coaster is taking its toll. Praying things get better in a few weeks (or less). sigh. My pregnancy with DS was totally different. Baby #2 is definitely giving my a run for my money! :sick:

Edited to add pregnancy progress: 9 weeks today :)

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Petite - Glad you got to share the news! What a fun time!!

Sugarpie - I can agree with you on the constipation. I wasn't always regular before, but at least I could go without pain! I've been having problems the last few times. Today seemed better. It's like when you get a UTI and the first time you pee once the medication kicks in you wanna cry because you're so happy to go without it hurting! Haha.

Mayerling - How has your medication been working the last couple days?

I think I'm starting to notice a bump? Or maybe from being constipated, but I haven't felt bloated in a while now and my stomach is sticking out more. I used to be able to suck in my stomach to hide the flab, but not so much anymore! :-o We'll see what happens in the next couple days! Oh and started the 24 hour urine collection this morning. It's actually not as big of a deal as I thought it would be. Only thing is, I was going to put the jug outside to keep it cold, but it decided to be 65 degrees today so that didn't work! I had to bring it back inside and put it in a bucket of cold water, because DH thought it would be disgusting to put it in the fridge! :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results