clarity

"Just Barely" Pregnant PS''ers

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
OMG ChargerGrl, Congratulations!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Maybe we can do a PS mommies get together in 2010. Yay!!!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for the well-wishes, ladies! We''re really happy
9.gif

Lulu- I''ve been following your pregnancy since we''re so close! Isn''t Lindsey also within days of us?

QT- We''ll have to do a Bling''n''Babies GTG in 2010!

So I went for a walk during lunchtime ''cause it''s just so darn nice out (and soon we''ll be heading to 40* weather), and the SMELL of manure on the lawn near my office almost made me puke. I know that it''s not a pleasant aroma to begin with, but it''s never bothered me to the point of wanting to retch. I was with co-workers and had to keep it in check. We don''t plan to come clean to most friends and co-workers until the New Year.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, Charger!!!! Such exciting news!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, Charger! So excited for you!!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats charger!

Swimmer I think Lulu meant "due date", she is only a few months along I don''t *think* she knows the sex yet!
9.gif
Or am I wrong?
33.gif

Hey all your newly preggos When do you plan to make the jump over to the preggo thread? Just curious!
4.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/24/2009 9:36:11 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie
Congrats charger!

Swimmer I think Lulu meant ''due date'', she is only a few months along I don''t *think* she knows the sex yet!
9.gif
Or am I wrong?
33.gif

Hey all your newly preggos When do you plan to make the jump over to the preggo thread? Just curious!
4.gif
I was wondering as well. How long are you "Just Barely"? 8 weeks? 12 weeks?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
to me ''just barely'' is like 4-6 weeks! hehee. but i didn''t join the preggo thread til around 11 weeks i think. i wanted to wait til most of my first tri was over.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/24/2009 11:10:27 PM
Author: Mara
to me ''just barely'' is like 4-6 weeks! hehee. but i didn''t join the preggo thread til around 11 weeks i think. i wanted to wait til most of my first tri was over.
When I started a thread like this back when I first became pregnant, I figured I would stay there until I was around 10 - 11 weeks, when the NT scans were done, the risk of mc was reduced, and I basically felt ready to fully embrace the whole thing! At that time, the preggo thread and mommy threads were one and it felt so scary to jump on in! But there were only 2-3 of us so we ended up joining the preggo thread after a week or so.

I think it is good to be able to talk to a few other people at the same place as you. There is so much to process early on that talking about fetal movement and birth plans early on seems a bit much sometimes! LOL!

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
Swimmer - I did mean due date not darling daughter - I''m only at 10 weeks, so no news on what kind of kid is in there yet
9.gif
. How are things going with your little bundle? Are you through the first trimester - must be. congratulations!! I cannot wait for that time to come.

Charger - Lindsey is a bit ahead of us, but only by a week or so. I''m so happy for you
36.gif
36.gif

meresal - I think that it''s when you feel comfortable. I had a wee complication at the beginning and was therefore really nervous about whether this pregnancy would stick. but, we just had an appointment this week and we heard a thunderous heartbeat and saw the little one and I''m finally feeling more comfortable about everything. I figure I''ll mosey on over to the preggo thread in a couple more weeks.

mara - a special thank you for the heads up on the old navy pants. i am only 10 weeks, but my belly is beginning to pose a challenge to my current wardrobe. those jersey-lined pants are sooo comfortable.

bliss - thinking of you!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
lulu- I completely understand. For some reason I just kept saying to myself... once I get to 12 weeks, things will be fine and I''ll stop worrying. And, luckily for me, it really did. The day I hit the 12th week, I felt much more "stable" about the pregnancy, if you will.

We''ll be excited to see you once you all make your way over!
9.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations Charger!!!

I had my appt yesterday and everything went fine. I''ll have an ultrasound next week to see exactly how far along I am (expecting to be at 7 weeks then)and to make sure everything is on track. Looks like I''ll be off the "high-risk" side! I''m really hoping to avoid the bed rest this pregnancy!

We told our immediate family and then my dad decided that immediate family spread to just about everyone he knows. Everyone is so excited for us! JT is just beside himself. He climbs up on my lap and says, "Let''s talk about the baby." And yesterday while grocery shopping he said he needed to get the baby something. He picked out a rattle and asked if he could buy it. Of course I had to say yes!

Hope you all have a good Thanksgiving weekend! Good luck to all of you planning on spreading the news!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Charger, congrats!!!!! So happy for you and all the new mamas on this thread!!!

somethingshiny, your dad is too cute!

Hou, sorry about the nausea. I had it bad, too. Even the thought of food would make me gag. I found that ginger chews, ginger ale and any food without any strong odors would do the trick - like toasted whole wheat english muffins. My favorite thing to do was to cut up some ginger, lemons and make my own tea with honey.
28.gif

On another note, thanks for all the well wishes, ladies! You opened your hearts up so generously and I can't tell you how much of a difference it made. Even when I wasn't posting, when I felt super down - I'd read the messages of support and they comforted me so much. Each and every one. I wish tons of blessings on every kind soul and supportive sister on this board. You have really comforted a friend in need and I'll never forget it.

We're doing well. On Tuesday, when the first ultrasound image came up, I knew instantly the baby had gone to God. After all, we told him it was OK to go if things were too hard, that we loved him (or her) and would always remember our little angel baby. DH was there and though it was a really sad day, we were prepared to say goodbye. I took misoprostol to help my body end the pregnancy, since the baby had already passed away. That was tough. Work has been amazing and very understanding. I'm taking some time off to recover in the meantime with DH.

The most cruel part I think was feeling so pregnant with the huge bazookas and nausea when the baby had already passed away. When the baby is alive and well, you know you're enduring the pain for a good cause and go through it happily. In my case, once I knew the baby had passed, it was really hard to *feel* so very pregnant with all the hormones. It was an awful reminder of what was happening inside my body. So when I woke up this morning, it was a huge relief when I finally felt normal again. I think the crazy hormones are subsiding. I almost feel good again.

We had really amazing caregivers. They kept saying, "We'll see you back here in a few months!" They were very reassuring, telling us that getting pregnant quickly was a good sign and that most women who miscarry go on to have healthy babies. But honestly, I can't even imagine trying again for a long time. This has been such an amazing experience - to have been pregnant - but it has also been incredibly painful emotionally. I think we'll wait to heal first before thinking about babies! I think the next time we TTC, it will be a totally different experience in that I won't feel rushed or anxious about it anymore. I know it'll happen and God willing, result in a beautiful baby. I guess everything happens for a reason and at the end of it all, I am left grateful and humbled by how amazing life is. Babies are amazing. We were blessed to have been parents at all, even if it was for a very short time.

Love you all, ladies!

Back to celebrating these lil' bubs on our barely preggo board!!!!
So exciting.
36.gif
It has been like sunshine to read all about your experiences and share your excitement. Here is to a healthy 9 months for you all!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Bliss, I am so sorry the baby didn''t survive. You''ll know when you''re ready to try again and in the meantime heal, spend time with your husband, take care of yourselves and love one another. One of the greatest gifts my miscarriage gave me is a reminder of how much I love my husband and he me, and what an amazing partnership we have; it was wonderful to be reminded how important we are to one another. My very best to both of you during this difficult time.

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/25/2009 11:21:08 AM
Author: KimberlyH
Bliss, I am so sorry the baby didn''t survive. You''ll know when you''re ready to try again and in the meantime heal, spend time with your husband, take care of yourselves and love one another. One of the greatest gifts my miscarriage gave me is a reminder of how much I love my husband and he me, and what an amazing partnership we have; it was wonderful to be reminded how important we are to one another. My very best to both of you during this difficult time.

You are so wise, Kimberly! I was on the phone with my mom for about 3 hours last night talking, crying and laughing. I remember telling her that although we weren''t blessed with a baby this time, it was OK because I was blessed with such love. I can''t believe how lucky I am in love, with DH. You''re so right. We are blessed. It is amazing and as long as I have him, I know everything will be OK. (((hugs))) Thank you!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bliss, I am sorry; you and your dear hubby are in my prayers. Sending you lots of hugs sister.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
bliss... I am so sorry to hear the news. One of my friends has been trying for a little while and had a similar experience about 4 months ago, and also took the drug to help her body out. She had to wait about 1-2 months for her hormone levels to regulate again, but they are now trying once more. I hope she has positive news soon. And I hope the same for you as well...I know it''ll happen when you are ready!! it''s good you guys are taking some time to heal together.

lulu... i absolutely love those pants!! they are super comfy esp in winter.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Oh Bliss, Im so sorry. You and your hubby are in my thoughts and prayers. *Big hugs*

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Bliss, huge huge hugs to you and DH. I''m so sorry things turned out this way, but I know that you will become pregnant again when the time is right...you will be a fantastic mother!! Your little one was loved so much for his/her short life, and you did your best to take good care of him/her. Know that I''m thinking about you and sending hopes for peace and comfort. *hugs*

Charger, congratulations!!! You sneaky girl, you did such a good job keeping your secret! :) I hear ya on the smells....some things that used to smell GOOD to me are repulsive now, and as far as things that were already repulsive?? Yeah. Awful!!

Somethingshiny, I have my 1st appt next week (Monday) and I''ll be between 7 and 8 weeks too! What''s your due date? Mine is 7/17 if you go by LMP but 7/15 if you go by ovulation. I''m assuming my doc will do an ultrasound...can''t WAIT to see that heartbeat. I think I will finally relax a little bit once I see that the measurements are good and the heartbeat is strong.

Sooo apparently my little peanut is DOUBLING in size this week, from 5mm to 10mm!! I am just so amazed that this being that was invisible to the naked eye just a few weeks ago is growing so fast, has a beating heart, has little arm and leg buds...just WOW.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww, I''m very sorry Bliss.
7.gif

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, a lot of news on this forum! Bliss and Charger posting so close just reminds me what a miracle children are, and what a bittersweet process this can be. The pain I had from losing Natalie, and the budding hope that I have with this pregnancy. Loss and life are so intimately entwined in this entire process that you just have to be SO incredibly grateful when things go your way, and sometimes even when they don''t. You ladies are amazing.

Bliss I am so very sorry for your sweet baby. This baby business seems so easy until you''ve been hit by the unthinkable. I am so grateful that you''ve received great care and that you have such a good support system. I will be so thrilled to see you here again in the future.

Charger Congratulations! I am so happy for you! I am due June 18, so a few days before you are, but my little one will (hopefully) be arriving in May. I am sending lots of good wishes your way.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Bliss~ More prayers for healing for you and your DH. You WILL know when you want to start trying again and I believe you will have a beautiful healthy baby when you do. Miscarriages are very hard on marriages, you''re very blessed to have such a supportive DH. I don''t know what I would have done during our trying years if not for my DH.

HOU~ Congratulations to you!! My due date LMP is 7/18. Unfortunately, my cycles are very irregular so nobody''s quite sure. I''ll find out more accurately at my ultrasound on Tues. I can''t wait for the heartbeat too! With my little boy, I cried when I saw the heartbeat. I just knew that I was going to keep that little life. (after several miscarriages) I was completely obsessed with his heartbeat and I got a stethoscope out regularly to try to find it! I was showing JT (he''s almost 4) pics of what the baby looks like right now and he asked what it was going to be, as in, it''s not possibly human! It really is amazing and a wonderful journey. I feel like this time I have a step-up by knowing what''s going on, but this pregnancy is already very different from my last. As far as the "wow" factor, just wait until you have that perfect little baby in your arms and you look down and think "this little person was EXACTLY like this inside of me minutes ago." It''s completely surreal. Gosh, I''m getting teary eyed just thinking about it! Guess it''s those pregnancy hormones, lol.

Hope all of you are doing well!!

Sha

Ideal_Rock
I'm so sorry, Bliss.
7.gif
You and your DH sound like such wonderful, kind, loving people. I know you'll be fantastic parents one day! And your babies will be so, so blessed to have you.
1.gif
Take care of yourself and each other in the meantime. ((HUGS)).

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
can I join your club? I am 5 weeks preggers.
9.gif

my story: we started TTC about 2 months ago. I stopped my 10-year pill taking streak after we came back from our honeymoon. I know it takes a woman my age on average 9 months, so we were quite in shock that it happened so soon! I didn't do any charting or temping because we agreed not to put that type of stress on our marriage. we agreed to do the "horizontal tango" because that's what we felt like doing, not just because we wanted to conceive. if it didn't happen for us, we were also comfortable to accept that and not to do fertility treatments or anything like that. we didn't want a baby to be our end-all-and-be-all. I am not saying there is anything wrong with fertility treatments; it just isn't for us. I did order preseed due to the recommendation of PSers, but I was pregnant before it even arrived, so DH is happy to know his swimmers are strong enough to get through KY.

I have a 26 day cycle (at least that's what it was the 1st month), so 4 days before AF was due, I decided to take a PT because I did want to know if the fertilization was going ok, and perhaps it wasn't sticking. and I am comfortable dealing with the possibility of an early miscarriage before AF, which I know is quite common. I got a BFP, and every day after that I kept getting them, and I took quite a few tests, 4 different kinds. well, it's been 5 weeks now since the first day of my last AF and no spotting, bleeding or anything of that sort. got another BFP yesterday. they are fun to take now even though I stopped taking photos of them.

my only symptom is a dull ache in my abdomen and sometimes a slight cramp on either side, but they are never repetitive and increasing in strength like AF cramps. and I always keep my fingers crossed that they don't turn into that! I've been in Singapore on a business trip for the last 1.5 weeks so I am happy to be reuniting with DH tonight. sometimes if I am busy at the office or enjoying lunch/dinner with others I totally forget I'm pregnant! I've been eating very healthy, fruit and veggies, and hope I can keep it up when I'm back home. I'm also still on the treadmill every weekday morning.

anyway, here are some photos of my BFPs I have been dying to share. DH said I shouldn't post them before I went off on my trip, just in case. now I can't hide it anymore and I want to share it with someone! we have decided not to tell any of our friends and family until Christmas, provided all goes well. I know we still have so far to go!

and if you're wondering why the bottom one is a BFN, it's because that's DH's.
6.gif
he wanted to know what it was like to pee on a stick, and I wanted to make sure that I wasn't just imagining the lines.

gotta go catch my flight (I'm in the airport lounge), so chat more when I'm home again.

noelwrpt.JPG

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m a little late but, Bliss, I wanted to tell you how sorry I am for your loss. I admire your strength and character. You have one lucky DH! I can''t wait to hear good news from you...I just know it won''t be long.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Oh, it feels so good to be home!

I mentioned earlier that we were traveling to the East Coast to visit with DH''s family for the Holiday. I''m a former road warrior, so travel is usually a breeze for me, but it''s a PITA to get to their home. You fly into any of the NY-area airports, Philly, or Baltimore and then drive 3 hours to middle-of-nowhere, PA. The drive in this time was excruciating. Not only because I had to pee often, but I came the closest ever to vomiting while PG. I got major car-sickness and basically had to flop my head out the window during the home stretch to get some relief!

We shared the news during our dinner on Wed eve. Everyone was in shock and his mom started crying. I think they really thought it was never going to happen! Unfortunately, things got a bit tense when we mentioned that we preferred they''d keep in mum until XMas (when I''ll be in my 2nd trimester). His mom WAS NOT HAPPY and started complaining about it. I thought i''d have to put my foot down, but DH was pretty firm and laid down the law.

The rest of the visit was OK- I''m never really at ease there, but at least I could "escape" this time and take catnaps in our guest room. His parents are very passive-agressive. I''m usually able to deal with it by just indulging in a couple of glasses of wine (as do DH, his bro and girlfriend), but no such luck for me this time around! And being super-hormonal made me utra-sensitive to some of their antics.

No other new news to report. All is status quo. 10 weeks down!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Just caught up with the thread...

re: Jumping over to the preggo thread. At 10 weeks, I truly feel like a "just barely" preggo!
I ditto Dreamer''s post- I first need to feel totally ready to embrace the whole thing. I have my NT scans next week, and will be in my 2nd trimester 10 days after that. I think that then it''ll be REAL to me. I''m cautiously optimistic!

somethingshiny- congrats on sharing the news! wishing you lots of luck for your ultrasound this week.

lulu and mara- i''ll have to look into the ON pants- they sound comfy. And lulu, too cool that we''re days apart! I was quietly following your progress.

HOU- oh, it was TOUGH to stay mum! I have to say that this thread really helped keep me going. I''m glad to finally "be" here!

Lindsey- Lots of good wishes right back at you!

Noelwr- CONGRATS! too funny that your DH POAS- classic

Oh Bliss, I was wishing and hoping that all would work out. You WILL feel good again, and we''ll see you back here in no time!

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Bliss,

Oh girl. I''m so sorry to read your news. You and your hubby will continue to be in my prayers as you walk through this difficult and sad time. The thing about difficulties and heartbreak in life is that those times always afford us the opportunity to grow in our relationships, our faith, and our strength. I will be praying all abound to you and your husband through this time...

I will very much look forward to hearing better news in the days ahead, girl. You''ve been such an upbeat and caring force on this thread and the TTC thread... it''s been a blessing to all of us who''ve been in those same phases of life. And I truly look forward to the greater things that are yet to come for you!

Pupp and Noel,

Congratulations, ladies! Praying for this phase of your lives to be wonderful!!
9.gif
(I''ll miss ya on the TTC thread, Pupp!)

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Lulu, Sorry I''m an idiot! Of course, dd due date. I was just so psyched thinking of you and a little girl! Whatever you get will be awesome, we all know it.

Charger, I feel for you! We had to tell my FIL who had the same issue with keeping it to himself, that if anything went wrong he would have to call everyone he told and tell them personally what had happened and that I would never speak to any of those people ever again. I said this with my best "do you want detention?" voice and even his totally socially retarded self seemed to get it. He can talk now that we are at 17 weeks, but seemed a bit wary about sharing news still, which I appreciate. Somehow he managed not to mention it to everyone at a fam wedding at 12 weeks.

Bliss, Again, just offering hugs and support. Some of the most challenging times in life are when we are reminded how very little control we have over anything, especially the things we want the most. My RE told me something that I took great comfort in when we lost at 8wks, she said "that baby wasn''t meant to be, but she will help the right baby get here." Sort of cheezy, but really, the information that you can get pregnant, and that everything is generally working is so so wonderful and helpful. The right baby will eventually come when he or she is good and ready, it really can and will happen.

Fisher, hugs.

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
yikes - it''s becoming more real! called the doc today.

On the 21st I have to get a blood test (I asked what that was about and it''s to test the levels of god-knows-what in my blood - I guess to make sure I''m healthy). then 29th is the first sonogram, which I wanted to have before Christmas to surprise my mom with but they said there might not be all that much to see before 8 weeks. if DH can''t make it, then I''ll bring mom. then on jan 4th is my first appointment at the pregnancy doc lady. I also have to call the insurance company because here in Holland you get a mid-wife who teaches you stuff before the baby comes, is there when you go into labor (at home or hospital) and sticks around for 2 weeks after the baby is born to help you out and also do some light house cleaning work. but you have to arrange that all with the insurance company.

Charger - that sounds hectic with your family.

I''m still trying to come up with a creative way to tell my mom. she''ll be the first to know because it''s her first grandchild and we''ll tell his parents right after (they already have 6). initially I wanted to wait 12 weeks, but Christmas is just so nice to have good news. I am making my mom a Christmas stocking so we were thinking of putting "Grandma" instead of her name on it, but then what if something happens after Christmas and there is no more baby, then it''s just a reminder of what-never-was? either way I''ll tell her on Christmas, but have to figure out how.

blingmyring

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/25/2009 11:12:49 AM
Author: Bliss
Charger, congrats!!!!! So happy for you and all the new mamas on this thread!!!

somethingshiny, your dad is too cute!

Hou, sorry about the nausea. I had it bad, too. Even the thought of food would make me gag. I found that ginger chews, ginger ale and any food without any strong odors would do the trick - like toasted whole wheat english muffins. My favorite thing to do was to cut up some ginger, lemons and make my own tea with honey.
28.gif

On another note, thanks for all the well wishes, ladies! You opened your hearts up so generously and I can''t tell you how much of a difference it made. Even when I wasn''t posting, when I felt super down - I''d read the messages of support and they comforted me so much. Each and every one. I wish tons of blessings on every kind soul and supportive sister on this board. You have really comforted a friend in need and I''ll never forget it.

We''re doing well. On Tuesday, when the first ultrasound image came up, I knew instantly the baby had gone to God. After all, we told him it was OK to go if things were too hard, that we loved him (or her) and would always remember our little angel baby. DH was there and though it was a really sad day, we were prepared to say goodbye. I took misoprostol to help my body end the pregnancy, since the baby had already passed away. That was tough. Work has been amazing and very understanding. I''m taking some time off to recover in the meantime with DH.

The most cruel part I think was feeling so pregnant with the huge bazookas and nausea when the baby had already passed away. When the baby is alive and well, you know you''re enduring the pain for a good cause and go through it happily. In my case, once I knew the baby had passed, it was really hard to *feel* so very pregnant with all the hormones. It was an awful reminder of what was happening inside my body. So when I woke up this morning, it was a huge relief when I finally felt normal again. I think the crazy hormones are subsiding. I almost feel good again.

We had really amazing caregivers. They kept saying, ''We''ll see you back here in a few months!'' They were very reassuring, telling us that getting pregnant quickly was a good sign and that most women who miscarry go on to have healthy babies. But honestly, I can''t even imagine trying again for a long time. This has been such an amazing experience - to have been pregnant - but it has also been incredibly painful emotionally. I think we''ll wait to heal first before thinking about babies! I think the next time we TTC, it will be a totally different experience in that I won''t feel rushed or anxious about it anymore. I know it''ll happen and God willing, result in a beautiful baby. I guess everything happens for a reason and at the end of it all, I am left grateful and humbled by how amazing life is. Babies are amazing. We were blessed to have been parents at all, even if it was for a very short time.

Love you all, ladies!

Back to celebrating these lil'' bubs on our barely preggo board!!!!
So exciting.
36.gif
It has been like sunshine to read all about your experiences and share your excitement. Here is to a healthy 9 months for you all!

Hi Bliss,

I just wanted to tell you how sorry I am for your loss. Over 12 years I’ve had 7 IVFs and miscarried 4 times; today I have a wonderful daughter. I consider the babies I lost to be brave little warriors who paved the way for their sister’s arrival; she’s the one who is supposed to walk the earth while her siblings walk in heaven. I know they’re watching over us.

You and your husband are already such wonderful parents with so much love for your baby and each other – it’s moving to feel the love in your posts. Even during such a sad and difficult time you can find it in your heart to be encouraging to others and to see the promise of the future. You are truly an inspiration. I send you warm wishes.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results