"Just Barely" Pregnant PS''ers

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re:

Oh Andi, that's so wonderful! What a beautiful little bean. :love:

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Beautiful baby picture Dandi! It is amazing to see them moving around in there isn't it?

We just received the news that the full CVS tests are normal (checking all 23 chromosome pairs in detail) so we are very relieved and thankful. That is a huge relief since my last pregnancy ended in MC due to Trisomy 9, and that was not included in the preliminary test results we received last week. Next up, ultrasound on Friday.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

13 weeks and 3 days

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Fabulous news JGator!!! You must be feeilng so relieved. Are you going to start telling people now? And lucky you getting another ultrasound on Friday! I'm getting anxious to see our little one again, but I have to wait until the anatomy scan in a few weeks.

Bright, I'm sending you thoughts and prayers as you wait for your ultrasound tomorrow. Dust, dust, dust that you see a thriving little bean!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Jgator, fabulous news! I'm so relieved & happy for you.

Dandi, love the u/s pic! How neat that your lo was moving around.

Mp, thanks, sweetie. I can't lie-I'm pretty nervous. I'm worried there will be either nothing there or no hb. I'll be 6w1d tomorrow by my calculations & I guess that might be on the edge for seeing a hb even if everything is developing normally.
While I'm anxious for information, I sort of wish my doc agreed with haven's & wanted to wait another week. :-o

Hi to everyone else. Hope you're feeling well & baking away.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Bright, you're probably right that you're just on the border of seeing a heartbeat. If you really feel like you would rather wait, you could always call and reschedule for next week....

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Thanks, MP! We are going to wait until this weekend to tell the family assuming everything is fine, and there is a heart beat on Friday. My DH is very cautious, and he will not be really relieved until we see a heart beat again on Friday. There is a risk of MC due to the CVS which I think is what his concern is right now even though from what the doctor told us I would have had symptoms in the first 48 hours after the CVS. There is always something to worry about....

Bright, best of luck to you tomorrow. I can't wait to hear how it goes, and I really hope you get to see a heart beat. They should have at least some insight into how things are progressing based on the position of the baby in the uterus and the size of baby vs. what they expect to see at 6 weeks and 1 day. I really hope it all goes well, and you can breathe a sigh of relief as another milestone is achieved.

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

-JGator, I'm so happy to read that your CVS results are completely normal! That's wonderful news! Hope the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly from here on out, and you can start to embrace and enjoy it.

Bright, good luck at your ultrasound tomorrow. I'll be anxiously awaiting your update!

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Bright- You and your little bean are in my thoughts and prayers tonight.

JGator- YAY on test results!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: What a relief!!!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Mp, it's definitely crossed my mind to reschedule for next week but it feels like I've been waiting so long already that I think I'm going to go ahead & go in tomorrow. 

Jgator, that's a good point that they should have a reasonable sense of what's going on. I hope you have a great u/s on Friday & can relax a bit. That's probably true that there's always something to worry about. Hugs. 

S&I & China, thanks, ladies. I think of you both often & thank you for your support. 

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re:

Bright, I'll be thinking of you today! And, of course, I'm sending lots of positive vibes your way.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re:

JGator, I totally missed your post. That's wonderful news!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re:

Bright, thinking of you hon! I hope everything goes perfectly! DUST DUST DUST!!!
JGator, what fantastic news, yay!!! You must be so relieved! You have one perfect little bean there!!! :appl:

Nawww, thanks mp, Haven and Dani!! I do agree that LO is rather cute :bigsmile: I hope you're all feeling fantastic!
Hello to everyone else!! :wavey: :wavey:

Months ago I was shopping for a baby blanket for my friend, and came across the MOST gorgeous quilt/sheet cot set I have ever seen. It was $200 so a bit over the top, but just gorgeous. SO bright and colourful, and gender neutral, I've always loved it but think it's a bit steep. At any rate, yesterday I was so thrilled the scan went well, I went and bought the quilt set to celebrate. Couldn't help myself :devil:

9 weeks 1 day

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Thanks for the well wishes puppmom, S&I, Dandi, MP, Bright, and ChinaCat!

Dandi, yay for purchasing something for the baby. I started looking at crib bedding sets and wall art online on Etsy after we got the preliminary CVS results back. My mom is coming for a visit over Mothers Day weekend so we'll probably do some shopping then. We haven't bought anything yet for the new baby - but now that I know it's a Girl, watch out!

Bright, good luck today. I'm sure you are a bundle of nerves today but just try to relax and hope for the very best this time. You truly deserve it, my dear.

China, how is your baby girl doing? Any name ideas yet? Getting close now!

S&I, Alex is just absolutely adorable. I hope things are going well with him and you are getting some sleep!

MP, how are you feeling? When is your anatomy scan? Should be coming up soon.

AFM, I am expecting my first shipment of maternity clothes this week. I ordered some t-shirts, jeans, and dress pants from the Gap last weekend. I work from home most of the time so I'm usually in sweat pants, but I left the house this week for 3 days to attend a conference and having to dress up makes me not look forward to dressing for work for the rest of the pregnancy! I usually wear pant suits when I do go in to the office so I'm thinking I'll have to switch that to dresses and cardigans as I get bigger.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Jgator, pupp & dandi, thanks. I'm indeed a bundle of nerves today. I didn't sleep well last night & we've had company, which has been a nice distraction, but also somewhat awkward to juggle things. So hoping all goes well but I'm not convinced that it will. I'll keep you guys posted. Thanks again for all of your support. 

Jgator & dandi, have fun shopping for the baby & yourselves! 
It must be nice to treat yourselves after passing an important milestone. 

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re:

Thinking of you today, Bright! DUST! DUST! DUST!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Re: Re:

monkeyprincess|1335899100|3184931 said:
BrightSpot|1335898016|3184915 said:
Thanks, guys. I'm hopeful it's a good sign. Oddly, they don't seem to be getting any bigger, just very sore. I've been extra tired too but not much else on the symptom front. No nausea yet. Really hoping everything is ok & I can join you guys officially soon.

Haven, glad your appointment went well & hope your first u/s is great!

Hi to everyone else!

Bright, just to reassure you, if you have any symptoms at all, then you have more symptoms than I had at that point! I was freaking out if you recall, but the consensus around here is that most people do not get many symptoms until about 6-7 weeks, and many just don't get the exaggerated symptoms we all associate with pregnancy. In my case, it wasn't until around 8.5-9 weeks that I felt minor nausea when I hadn't eaten for awhile. My bbs were not sore and did not grow at all until the past few weeks, and even now it is pretty moderate, much to DH's disappointment (on the growth thing) ;-) I also didn't start experiencing real exhaustion until recently.

So hoping you get wonderful news on Thursday!
Right! I never had any real symptoms besides being tired. And my boobs hurt, but nothing else. Have faith!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Hi guys. Well, I have news but it's not great. I'm 6w1d today & the doc saw a gestational sac & the beginning of a yolk sac. No embryo yet. At this time last pregnancy there was a gestational sac but no yolk sac so I guess this is progress but it's not resoundingly good news. He said that since I'm so early in my 6th week (when a lot of things change & develop) it's possible that when I come back next week there will be a fetus & even a heartbeat. But he advised me to be cautious because it could easily go the other way. (He was also concerned that my beta hcg levels were on the low side).
So, again I wait. 

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re:

Bright--I really, really hope this is just a case of a too-early US. I'm thinking of you and sending you lots and lots of dust.

JGator--Ooh, what clothes did you buy? I'm kind of excited to buy maternity clothes. I'll be off work all summer, but when the fall semester begins I will (hopefully!) be 22 weeks. I'm thinking I'll end up wearing a lot of dresses, which I don't normally do, but I can't see myself wearing pants when I'm super huge. (I'll be 39 weeks the week of finals, I don't even want to think about that.)

Andi--I think the quilt set is a PERFECT way to celebrate! Do you have any pictures of it?

AFM, I made myself terribly sick this afternoon. My reading classes had their final exit exams, so I sat in a computer lab proctoring them for five hours straight. (They did AMAZINGLY well, by the way. I'm so proud of my students.) Anyway, I was STARVING by the time the last student finished, and like a fool I went to Chipotle and ordered a big, fat burrito, and ate about 80% of it. And . . . then I spent the last three hours curled up in bed writhing in pain. I really need to make sure I eat smaller meals throughout the day, I don't ever want to feel like this again.

I've been pretty nauseous lately, in general. I kind of just come home and curl up in a snuggie every day. Oh, and brushing my teeth makes me dry heave--anyone else experience that? It's very strange.

I have my first US tomorrow afternoon. I'm very nervous. DH is coming with me, thank goodness.

How's everyone else doing? I hope you're all well!!!! :wavey:

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Bright, sending sticky, growth dust your way. I'm keeping hope alive for your little bean.

Haven, I bought 3 pairs of jeans, 3 pairs of black pants, 2 t-shirts, and a dressier shirt. I figure they won't all fit, and I'll send some back. I got a mix of different tummy panels in the pants (low and high) so I also will see what I like better. I'm not completely ready for a work wardrobe with those items though, but I mostly work from home so if I get 2-3 work outfits, I'll be good to go. Sorry, you have been so nauseated. I only had mild nausea that would come and go in waves. I do recommend carrying something in your purse at all times - like a granola bar or a bag of mixed nuts or string cheese. That way you won't have to wait so long to eat again. Good luck at your ultrasound tomorrow. Mine is at 11:15am EST. I'll be checking in for a report from you.

Dandi, I'd like to see pictures of your crib bedding set too.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re:

JGator--My US is at 12:30 central time tomorrow, so we'll be having them done at about the same time!

I do keep a little baggie of food with me, but we're not allowed to eat in the computer labs at the college and eating is definitely not something I can do while proctoring a test anyway. The great news is I'm done proctoring for the semester, YAY! Now I just have to get through grading all of these final essays . . . My office mate gave me these amazing little circle things, they're Russian so I have no idea what they're called. But they look like thick pretzels but they're kind of sweet. I've been eating lots of those in-between classes. I like them better than crackers or pretzels because they aren't as dry.

I hope we both get lots of good news tomorrow!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re:

Here's the quilt set, it's called Alphabet Soup. I love cartoon giraffes! :bigsmile:

Cocalo_AlphabetSoup.jpg

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re:

Sorry that isn't a great pic but it's the only one I could find online!

Aww Haven, I'm sorry you're feeling so crook. I've definitely found that grazing regularly on small amounts is the best way to go. Good luck for tomorrow, I can't wait for an update!!!

Bright, sending tons of sticky dust and healthy vibes your way for a thriving bean. I'm sorry you're having to wait like this again. Hugs my dear.

JGator, oooh what clothes did you get?? I just ordered a Bella Band, I don't even know if they work, but I'm willing to give it a try!!

Hello to all the other beautiful mammas-in-waiting!!!

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Hello JBPers! I just got my BFP last night and couldn't be more thrilled! I think it's a bit too early for me to jump in over here just yet (only 4weeks 2 days according to my pregnancy tracker(yes I already have one)), but I had a question for you all.

I called this morning to make a Doctor's appointment, and they aren't taking me until May 24th, which will put me at 7weeks 1 day, I believe. That is fine, but I asked what they do at this appointment, and they said it will be with a midwife and it will be just to go over information and give me some paperwork. They said they wouldn't be doing an US.

Isn't 7 weeks when the first US (in the United States, for reference) is typically done? When was your first US done? What was your first appointment like?

Thanks gals!

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Oh and Dandi I love your crib set! It's so bright and happy!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Haven, jgator & dandi, thanks for your well wishes. I guess I'll slink back to the ttc thread for a while but hope I can join you & all of the other lovely jbp ladies soon. 

Haven & jgator, hope your scans go well today. 

Prana, so thrilled for you! I think many of us who are seeing a RE wind up with much earlier u/s than most regular ob patients. 

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re:

Prana--Congrats and welcome!!!! I'm so happy to see you over here!

My first OB appt was at 6 wks 3 days. DH and I filled out a long form about our families' health histories, they took a urine sample, my doc did a physical exam (and a pap b/c it was supposed to be my annual exam, scheduled before I got my BFP.) Then my doc sat down with us for about 15 or 20 minutes and we just chatted at first--how are you feeling? Are you excited? Any fears? He asked about all the symptoms I've been having, told me some general information. Then he had a bunch of things to send home with us, a little booklet about pregnancy week by week, another one about common symptoms and methods to help ease them, and then several brochures about all of the different testing that is available. Then the nurse drew a lot of blood to test for various things. Then my doc came back to gush a little bit and send us off feeling all light and happy. He's near retirement, and I think he kind of lives for his patients' pregnancies. He's really awesome.

I didn't get an US because my doc said he likes to wait until 7 weeks because there are so many changes during week 6 that you can end up stressing out about not seeing something when really the bean just needs some more time to develop. I was bummed about this at first, but in retrospect I think this is a good thing for a worrywart like me. I'm having my first US in about an hour, so I'll be 7 wks 3 days.

I've been lurking on the BabyCenter birth board for December 2012, and based on the things people post it looks like doctors really vary regarding when to do the first US. I've seen some women whose doctors won't do it before ten weeks, and others whose doctors bring them in at five or six weeks. It sounds like your doc works with a midwife, and I think midwives do fewer ultrasounds in general. I could be wrong, but that's the impression I've gotten. So, perhaps your doc's philosophy is aligned with less is more. I have a friend finishing her degree to become a nurse-midwife, and I can't wait until we're far enough along to tell everyone because I am desperate to get her opinion on things. She's been a delivery nurse for over a decade, so now with her midwifery background I think she's going to have a really awesome perspective on things.

Sheesh! Sorry for the novel. I'm really nervous about today's US, can you tell? Just sitting here chattering away . . .

JGator--I hope today's US goes great for you!

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re:

Good luck! Nothing like a good case of the nerves with a full bladder! :bigsmile: I really really hope things go well and your ultrasound is as magical as it should be!

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Prana, congratulations lady! Amazing news. I think you should push for an ultrasound at your 7 week appt if possible. I had a lot of early ultrasounds since I was seeing an RE - first was probably around 6 weeks - no heart beat yet. And, the next was a week or so later and we got to see a heart beat. At the 7 week, they will probably run a bunch of blood work - think multiple vials to test your RH factor (positive/negative) and other things to make sure you are healthy.

Haven, good luck back at you. You're probably getting your ultrasound about now.

Dandi, love the bedding. Very cheerful!

MP, you should stay. Be optimistic! You can always post on both forums. Either way, I will keep tabs on you though!

AFM, I went to the doctor today. We didn't get another ultrasound, but the doctor checked the heart beat with a fetal doppler and said everything looks great. He had my husband feel my stomach where the baby is an inch or two below my belly button (fundus), and he told us how the baby is going to move up over time as she grows towards the belly button and beyond. We are planning to tell our families tonight and tomorrow. 13 weeks and 5 days!

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Thank you.

Bright- You're probably right about earlier US for those that are seeing a RE. I think that there's a few frequent posters who are seeing RE's, so maybe I just got used to seeing what they were getting in terms of care, and thought that that was typical. And even though I know it varies, my friend had her first US at 6weeks Xdays and it was an intravaginal and they printed her pics of the yolk sac and embryo. She was just going to an OBGYN so I figured it would be somewhat similar at my practice.

Haven- Thank you! And thanks for your novel! It was just the info I was looking for. I hope your US goes well! I'm sure it will. You must be super excited! I think I will push for an US at that appointment. I'm not actually too sure that I will be staying with this practice. I don't like the hospital they are affiliated with anyway, and It's sort of big and all over the place. I'd like to go somewhere a bit smaller so we'll see. It's way to early to be worried about any of that. I think I'd be more comfortable getting an US after 7 weeks anyways. As nice as it would be to see what is happening, I'd feel better waiting until there is more development.

JGator-Thanks! Yeah I will definitely request an US if they don't offer it at that point. I'm pretty proactive when it comes to my medical care, so if I'm not comfortable with the way they do things at my current practice, I will find somewhere that better suits my needs. I figured they would take a lot of blood!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Re:

JGator, glad to hear everything is looking good, although I knew it would be! And I'm so excited for you that you get to share the news finally. Your family is going to be over the moon to hear you are expecting again and that the baby is nice and healthy!

Prana, I think it varies from region to region and practice to practice. At my clinic, they do an ultrasound at every appt. until a heartbeat can be heard with the doppler. A lot of doctors do not even see patients until 8 weeks if there are no complications. Maybe you'll get to schedule an ultrasound for a few weeks after your appointment. Again, I'm so excited for you. I know it's hard not to worry especially after you've been trying so long, but just remember that the odds are in your favor that you've got a healthy little bean starting to grow.

Dandi, I think that is so cute that you went out and bought bedding after your appt. It's really cute and will give the baby all sorts of colors and designs to look at!

Haven, hope your scan went well today! And I'm sorry, but your Chipotle story made me laugh because I did the exact same thing a couple weeks ago. I was like, I'm hungry and I deserve that burrito. You are definitely right that is a much better strategy to stop eating before you are full and then eat again a few hours later. I never seem to learn my lesson though!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results