shape
carat
color
clarity

"Just Barely" Pregnant PS''ers

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Bright -- also just popping back in to let you know I'm thinking of you and hoping for all the best. When I went in at 6w4d my RE said if I'd come a day or two earlier there'd have been nothing to see, so I'm really hopeful for you!!

Sorry I've been MIA but I've been focusing my (very very limited) energy on work and trying to eat. Hope everyone is doing well!!

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Thinking of you too today, Bright!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Me too, Bright!!! Praying that all goes well!!! :))

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Hi guys. Just wanted to pop in & thank everyone for their good wishes for my u/s today. It feels good knowing I have so many lovely ladies cheering for me. I'm running around like crazy today, but will try to post more to everyone soon. Only 3 hours to go. 

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Bright, hope you have a great ultrasound today! Sending more dust your way.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re:

Thinking of you Bright!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re:

Can I vent to my fellow JBP PSers? Pretty please?

I'm actually sitting on my sofa crying like a baby. My mom and I are flying out to LA tomorrow morning to attend my sister's graduation. I live right off the highway that takes us to the airport, my mom lives 30 minutes west of me. We'll have to leave my house at 8 AM to catch our flight. I just emailed her to see if she thought 8 was a good time to come to my house. Her response was that I have to drive to her and pick her up (and thus, turn around and come right back to where I started) because she's leaving her car at her home for the girl who's watching her dogs for the weekend. That means I have to wake up an hour early so I can sit in the car an extra hour. And that made me CRY!!!! I am weeping.

I haven't told her I'm pregnant yet because I can't trust her not to tell every single person within a 30-mile radius, so I cant' tell her that I spend about twenty minutes curled around the toilet every morning after I brush my teeth, sure that I am going to be sick. DH is out of town so I have to walk the pups and feed all of them in the AM, and now I'm just so overwhelmed that I'm not sure I can do it all.

This has an extra sting to it because my mother refuses to do much for anyone else, me of all people, so I'm repeatedly feeling like she's taking advantage of me. She would never in a million years pick me up if the situation was reversed. She would literally suggest that I take a cab to her house.

I know I'm overreacting, but I feel kind of awful right now and this has pushed me over the edge. I kind of want to just cancel the weekend and stay home curled up in a snuggie.

Thanks for letting me vent. I'm feeling better already.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re:

Sorry, Haven. That sounds a lot like my mom! Those interactions are no fun any time let alone when you're sick to your belly and wondering how you're going to make it through the morning. :((

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re:

Thanks, Pupp. I was kind of scared I'd get a slap for posting that little vent. I know I'm being dramatic, but she really does take advantage and it's harder to deal with it when I feel awful in the mornings.

I'm going to see if she would be willing to drive me home if I drive my car over tonight, so she can drive herself back in the morning. She doesn't usually like a hassle, and generally insists that everything come to her, but I'm going to be firm with this one. The thought of waking up at 6 tomorrow makes me want to cry even more. And I'm already nervous about all the sitting I'm going to be doing, adding another hour just makes me more anxious.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Ughh Haven, that would be really annoying to me too. I think certain people are naturally self-centered and just assume that everyone else should accomodate them, and they don't even think twice about the inconvenience they are imposing. I also find myself in that position a lot where I'm the one expected to go out of my way to suit other people's whims. I'm happy to help when it is reciprocated and appreciated, but otherwise, it just makes me resentful. I think you are right to insist that your mom work out the car accomodations tonight. That, or have her spend the night at your house and make arrangement for the dogs. You are going to have to put yourself and your little family first during the pregnant and once the baby arrives, so you might as well start now. Anyway, I hope the trip goes well. Have you decided when you are going to reveal your news to your mom?

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re:

Thanks, MonkeyP! I can't tell you how much better I feel after just getting it OUT.

I like the way you said we'll have to put the pregnancy first, that makes me feel better about not accommodating my mom tomorrow AM. It is tough to feel like the only one who goes out of the way in a relationship, isn't it? This comes about a month after my mom refused to do a very small thing for me right after I spent multiple days driving to her house several times a day to let her dogs out, so it's extra-irritating. I find myself feeling like the parent a lot around my parents, and some things about the upcoming graduation weekend are already rubbing me the wrong way, so this is just one more layer to the annoying cake. (For example: My mom expects me to split the bill for a fancy graduation dinner with her. My sister, her DH, my father, my mom, and I will be in attendance. When she said "Where are we taking everyone?" I said, "Wait a minute--I'm the kid. I'm not taking everyone out." She said that she doesn't want to deal with splitting it with my dad, her ex, and she doesn't want to pay for it alone. I said, "Too bad, I'm not doing it. I'll pay for my meal, and the graduation girl's." DH and I pay for A LOT of my parents' and my sister's meals, and we recently decided it was too much and we're going to stop. Anyway, sorry. I'm ranting again. I know I need to have a sit-down with my mom, but I've been avoiding it. I have been drawing little boundary lines lately, though, so one step at a time.)

GAH! Sorry. I don't mean to vent. I'm feeling extra ill today, so maybe this will be my worst 1st term day? Here's hoping!

ETA: Okay, the morning problem is solved. My mom agreed to drive me back home after I drive my car to her house, but only if we go out to dinner together to make it worth the time it's going to take her to drive me home. Um, it's taking me time either way, and I'm not the one lending my car out! Oh, well, it's better than getting up early.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re:

Haven, I guess that sounds like a good compromise. :roll: Sounds like this is going to be a weekend full of them!

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Re:

Haven|1336756777|3193134 said:
Thanks, Pupp. I was kind of scared I'd get a slap for posting that little vent. I know I'm being dramatic, but she really does take advantage and it's harder to deal with it when I feel awful in the mornings.

Haven, I hope you don't mind me jumping in (since I have no business here and you didn't ask for advice...) but this line worries me some. You are in no way being dramatic, your mom has trained you to feel this way. There's a saying, we teach people how to treat us. I think that really applies to your situation, your mom says jump and you do or you feel guilty for saying no. MP had excellent advice, your worry shouldn't be on your mom but rather the needs and happiness of your nuclear family. You need to see yourself as an equal adult in your relationship with her, not as her child. You're not responsible for your mother's happiness. Lurk around the In Law board that I've mentioned before (it's for all family not just crazy MILs!) and pick up some tips. The ladies there are super harsh but always right. Problems with boundaries tend to be far worse once a baby is in the picture so I worry things are going to be far more stressful in the future.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re:

Thanks, Kunzite. I really appreciate your advice.

I'm so good at setting boundaries with everyone except my mother. It's tough. I'm definitely going to spend some time browsing in that thread. My mother sees herself as a martyr, and now that she's single I do feel like I need to be there for her more than I was before. She has definitely taken advantage of that, and I see it very clearly now. It's so much easier to *know* what I should do than it is to *do* what I should do, if that makes sense.

She's also kind of scary. I'm not gonna lie. :cheeky:

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

It totally makes sense! I'm the same way. I know immediately what I should do/say, but I can't always find my voice either.

I'm glad my post didn't offend you, I just always worry when people feel responsible for someone else's happiness. Especially with a baby about to be in the picture, before you know it those demands for happiness fall on the new cutie pie.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re:

No, I really appreciate your input Kunzite, I definitely wouldn't be offended by it!

I'm not sure I feel responsible for my mom's happiness, it's more that I feel an obligation to help her when she asks for it because she's alone now, and I'm the only family member nearby. I know it's not healthy. I'm working on it.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re:

Haven hon I don't have any advice, but I just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you and I hope the weekend goes well! I'm sorry you're still feeling so crummy. Sometimes I wish I had "Hello? Pregnant! Feeling crap - BACK OFF!" tattooed on my forehead :bigsmile: Hugs my dear.

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Hi JBP'ers!

This thread is sort of moving slow, so I figured I would just check in to see how everyone is feeling :bigsmile:

I'm 5 weeks 5 days right now, so I'll finally be 6 weeks on Wednesday. I honestly feel pretty good. I haven't been nauseous since Thursday of last week. I get brief dizzy spells, and my boobs hurt. But they hurt the most when I take my bra off, and at night when I get out of bed to pee for the 9 millionth time. Sometimes I have mild crampiness, and sometimes a heavy, full feeling. I'm assuming all of this is good stuff.

I also love spicy food, and the other morning I would stop at nothing until I got to eat some breakfast sausage. :oops: I don't like eating pork products, but I let myself cave that one time. Other than that, I've been eating really healthy. I haven't had sugar in 3 weeks, or any junkfood really. I did eat some greasy food at our work Mother's Day party yesterday and I did not like how I felt afterward. I also get really tired at night. And I've been having vivid crazy dreams haha.

I love all the pregnant symptoms I have, and I hope that I get some more in the next couple of days or weeks. I think if I had more nausea I would feel a little more relaxed and sure that everything was going well. I still can't wait to be a little further along. And of course to see what's going on in there for the first time! But I really am enjoying being pregnant so far. It's made me so much more aware of myself and my body. Doing yoga is interesting now, and I find that my practice is more fulfilling because I'm focusing so much on my body. Not much has changed with cycling, other than I'm not trying to work on speed anymore, just doing it to get some good cardio.

Oh, and I'm constipated! :shock: :bigsmile:

How's everyone else doing?

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Prana, popping in to say congrats to you lady! I love that you love your preggo symptoms!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re:

Hehe Prana, how cool that you're enjoying your preggy symptoms, it certainly makes them easier to deal with! :bigsmile: I consider myself fairly lucky, weeks 6-9 I had constant mild nausea, was very picky with food, super sore bbs and totally exhausted. The last week I have felt really good! Had heaps more energy and am starting to enjoy veggies again, which I loathed the last few weeks. I was really worried over the weekend actually, I had NO symptoms. No sore bbs, no nausea, lots of energy, what the?? I was really concerned until the next day when I got up to have a shower, and had to sit down while showering from nausea and dizziness. So, OK, symptoms are back! :appl: They are somewhat reassuring I must say!

I don't have another appointment with my OB until mid June, so no ultrasound for me until week 15, wah! We decided to do the NT scan and Down's blood testing, so at least that gives me a scan in the middle of that time. The NT scan is next Friday, I'm still really nervous and hope that bubby is growing away in there!!

How are all you other ladies going?? I think a few have graduated to the big girl's thread 8)

11 weeks 0 days

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

I am still here. Afraid to graduate to the big girls thread.

Haven, I hope you had a nice graduation weekend with your mom and sister. How are you feeling these days? Any updates on your trip?

Dandi, hope your nausea subsides. My next appt is next week, but I think it's a blood test only. After that, I think it's 20 weeks for me. We are going away for 10 days at the end of May/beginning of June so that should help pass the time. Also, the doppler is nice to have as I get that reassurance that the baby is still in there with a nice fast heart beat.

Prana, I have never done yoga, but I want to start. I just ordered a pregnancy yoga dvd. When is your first appt again? Must be getting close.

AFM, had a nice weekend with my mom. We did some baby clothes shopping and had mani/pedis. We also let my Mom hear the heart beat with our fetal doppler. She was thrilled. Unfortunately, she can't stop talking about the next kid (wants us to adopt a boy immediately). I was kind of thinking this would be it since I'm older, and I really don't want to go through the stress of TTC again at an even older age. Also, I had a horrible night's sleep on Saturday. I think it was a combo of getting comfortable and anxiety/claustrophobia. I was kind of freaking out about the baby taking over my body. I hope this doesn't get worse. I think I was slightly congested which probably contributed to the feelings. But, I'm really hoping I don't get that again. I was up until 5am.

15 weeks and 2 days

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re:

WOOHOOO Prana! So excited for you!!!!

JGator--I'm so sorry your lack of sleep and all that pressure from your mom. Seems like a bit early for her to be thinking about the *next* baby!

Andi--That tattoo would be so wonderful. Maybe I'll make a little sign an carry it around.

How's everyone else doing? :wavey:

So, I survived the big graduation weekend. It was not easy, but I'm back to tell the tale. My sister and I have dubbed it Awkward Family Reunion 2012, and it really was. I feel so bad for my sister, because we were supposed to be celebrating a huge accomplishment of hers, and instead we ended up parading all of our family issues around all weekend. And she had a pregnant sister to deal with. I'm thinking about planning a girls' weekend for all the sisters to make it up for her, to have a real celebration.

I had a pretty rough weekend, symptom-wise. I worked my preggo booty off to finish grading my students' final essays so I could submit final grades before we left on Saturday. (It feels so good to be DONE!!!!) I ended up getting four hours of sleep before our flight, and then the weekend of craziness began. My symptoms were totally under control on Saturday, it was like a gift from above. :cheeky: I was fine on the plane, no nausea or anything. I felt okay all the rest of Saturday, and mostly okay on Sunday. I had an hour here and there were I felt a bit of nausea, but nothing terrible.

And then there was Monday. I threw up that morning for the first time during this pregnancy. It was pretty miserable, and I hope it doesn't happen again. I felt a bit better after I was sick, but then the nausea came back and it was all I could do to go alone with all the family stuff and act like I felt fine. I woke up feeling sick again today, and the four-hour plane ride was pretty miserable. I actually ran out of the walkway and through the airport to a loo because I was sure I was going to be sick. I wasn't, though I kind of wish I could just throw up and get it over with.

My mom saw how horrible I felt and grudgingly said she'd drive home. (I had to drive her home, and then myself. I'm about 35-40 mins from the airport, she's another 30 mins past my house.) I was able to drive myself home after we got to her house, and then I went straight to the sofa and haven't moved since. I'm supposed to be sitting in my college's commencement ceremony right this moment, but I sent an email to my dean telling her I was too sick to attend. I hate to take a sick day for such an easy obligation, but I don't think I'd be able to handle commencement right now.

As of right now, we're still planning on going to spain. I'll be 10 wks 2 days, and I am PRAYING that I'll feel better by then. I do not want to feel like this in Spain.

Oh my gosh, sorry for the novela. I could regale you with stories from my messed up family weekend, but I don't want to depress anyone. :cheeky: Let's just say our truth is stranger than fiction.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re:

Haven,

Take this for what you want, but motion sickness medications that are histemine based are safe to take for flying for motion sickness in pregnancy and also treat nausea. In fact they are recommended for people with severe morning sickness. I took Gravol, the canadian brand name for the drug, about 5-6 times in each pregnancy and while nursing. Perhaps think about taking that next time you need to be nasea free for a while. Its better than stressing out. But it makes you sleepy. And congrats!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: Re:

Dreamer_D|1337123243|3196093 said:
Haven,

Take this for what you want, but motion sickness medications that are histemine based are safe to take for flying for motion sickness in pregnancy and also treat nausea. In fact they are recommended for people with severe morning sickness. I took Gravol, the canadian brand name for the drug, about 5-6 times in each pregnancy and while nursing. Perhaps think about taking that next time you need to be nasea free for a while. Its better than stressing out. But it makes you sleepy. And congrats!
THANK YOU, Dreamer! I was just searching for anti-nausea meds in a different tab.
I took some emetrol, I believe it's called, but it didn't seem to help. I'm going to call my doctor tomorrow to get some input, too. I definitely need something to take when we go to Spain.

On another note--I just read your post in the problem parents thread. It is amazing. I wish I could schedule a one-on-one consultation with you to get some insight into my relationships with my own parents.

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Megumic Thank you! I'm still loving all of it!

DandiAndiAt least you had a couple of good days of relief, right? I'm sure you feel a little better (mentally) while you're having symptoms though. Mid June! That seems so far away! Hopefully you get to see your LO on your NT scan between now and then. Just enough to hold you over, anyway. ;))

JGator I can't believe it's time for you to graduate to the big girl's thread! That is so exciting! :appl: The pregnancy yoga DVD sounds like it will be good. Just listen to your body, especially because it's new to you. There's a lot of things that I can no longer do in my practice, and some things that I question whether I should do or not. But the prenatal DVD should be nice and easy. It's nice that your mom is so excited, but woah she's jumping ahead too soon! You gotta get this one out before you move on to the next :lol: . Sorry about your crummy night. Hopefully those feelings subside for you so that you can get a little more comfortable with all these changes that are happening.

HavenI'm sorry that you're feeling so sick! But I'm glad that your sisters graduation weekend is done, and hopefully you don't have to worry about 'family stuff' for a little while now. At least your sister is on the same wave length as you, and you can understand each other's pain and talk to each other about everything. I hope you feel better soon! Spain is coming up right????!?!?!?

AFM: I'm 6 weeks today! Whatever is happening inside there is finally starting to resemble a baby, right? I mean, it's starting to get arm buds and leg buds, and eyes, nose, mouth and stuff like that. It's got a head, and even though it still has a tail, it looks better than a big clump of cells! That is, if everything is progressing as it should be. My first appointment is next Thursday, the 24th, but we won't have an ultrasound that day. The only ultrasound appointment I have scheduled so far is at the new practice that I'm switching to, and that's not til June 11th! I really hope I don't have to wait that long to see the magic. I'll be 9.5 weeks by then! I'm hoping that my current practice lets me schedule an US for the following week, and then I'll let them know that I'm switching practices.

I'm feeling more nauseous as of yesterday. Actually yesterday afternoon I didn't really feel that great at all. I felt bad because it was my birthday, and my DH wanted to eat our way through the day and go to the movies, but I really just didn't want to. I handled what I could, but we skipped out on the movies in favor of going to an early dinner and watching the new episode of Game of Thrones last night.

I'm happy to finally be in the 6th week, but I still want to be further along. I'm not gonna be happy til this baby is born healthy :D .

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Haven, I think a lot of the ladies on the big girl thread took Zofran for nausea. Also, some took B6 plus Unisom. You might want to post over there for suggestions.

Prana, I think they still look like a blob then gummy bear on the ultrasound until at least 9 weeks. Here are some pictures for comparison.

bean_032312.jpg

8 wks 6 days ultrasound.jpg

12 week scan 2.jpg

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Yeah, but they're cute little blobs!

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Prana, yes, definitely cute!!! I agree! I hope you can get an extra appointment in for an ultrasound before you switch practices.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Re:

JGator, definitely time to come on over! We need a few more newbies as a lot of the ladies are already in their third trimester.

Hi to everyone else! Glad to see everybody is doing well!

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Prana: Congrats to you- glad symptoms aren't making you miserable. They're definitely reassuring, in a way.

Haven: I took B6 + Unisom and this was approved by my midwives. Half of a Unisom sleep tab (not a capsule or liquigel) was enough to take the edge off so I could function normally. My body adjusted to the dosage quickly, such that I didn't experience extreme drowsiness after a few days. I took the combo for two or three weeks at the height of my m/s. It honestly kept me sane, as I was losing my ability to cope with the constant nausea... especially in the evenings! We nicknamed Eloise "Doxy", short for Doxylamine. It's the active ingredient in Unisom that doubles as an anti nausea and a sleep aid 8)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results