shape
carat
color
clarity

"Just Barely" Pregnant PS''ers

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Tammy, I tested positive on 12DPO with a FRER, but both the Wondfo and digital were negative. On 14DPO, I got a positive on all three. Dust to you that if this is not your month, it will be very soon!

Haven, good luck at your first appointment today!

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Haven, good luck today. Can't wait to hear about your appointment!

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re:

Haven, good luck today at your appointment!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re:

JGator--YAY for those great results!

So, we had our first appt this morning. DH came with me, and it was pretty uneventful. The good news is that I am officially pregnant. :cheeky: (As if the 2 FRERs and 8 Wondfos I've already used hadn't confirmed that.) My doc doesn't do ultrasounds until week 7, so I'll have to go back next week to get my first US. I'm a bit bummed because I was excited to see the little bean, but Doc says week 6 is when the HB first develops, so it can cause unnecessary stress to do a US and NOT see the HB, so he waits until week 7 when it should definitely be there. So, I'll get to see the bean a week from today. They drew a lot of blood to do a lot of tests, so I felt a bit whoozy after the appt. Anyway, it was good to go in and it all feels a bit more real, now. Just a bit!

Thanks for all of your support, ladies! Now I can't wait for next Friday!

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re:

Haven, I hope this next week flies by! Your doc definitely has a good point. If you're even a day or two off on your ovulation day, it could make a difference at this stage.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re:

I'm so, so, so happy for you, Haven! :appl:

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Happy Sunday everyone!!!! Sorry I've been MIA, things have been crazy here with work. etc. How is everyone doing? I tried to catch up a little bit. Congrats to JGator on doing so well with you CVS and that everything is looking great!!! I'm so thrilled for you!!

Hi Haven! :wavey: I know its so difficult to wait for your first ultrasound! I hope this week flies and you get to see your little bean when you go!! How exciting!!!

AFM, everythinig is kind of status quo. The one thing that has changed is that for the most part my MS has faded. WOW- I was SO MISERABLE from week 6 to week 15!! UGH!! I also have a bit of my energy back, so it feels good to feel somewhat normal again. I still don't feel pregnant though. I don't have a bump, just look quite a bit thicker in the middle if you know what I mean. I guess that's why I don't really feel like there's a baby in there- can't see it or feel it. Or am I just in denial??

We finally told my family 2 weeks ago. I gave my Mom & Dad a picture frame, one side had an ultrasound pic of the baby in it, the other side had a poem about grandbabies and how special they are- it was really sweet. I had it wrapped up, and when my Mom opened it, she seemed confused, because all I had said was that it was a gift for them. Took a few seconds to figure it out, but when she did...OMG!!! I am stil not sure if it was laughing or crying or a combination of both, but her reaction was priceless!!! My dad just smiled very widely (he's very happy, just not very good at expressing his feelings like my Italian mother, lol), and my sister and brother had tears in their eyes. I started crying too. It was just all around such a precious moment that I think all of us will remember forever.
We still have to tell my DH's parents-we don't see them too often, and we want to tell them in person, so I think that will happen Mother's Day weekend. I feel a little bad waiting this long, but I think it will be fine.

I have my anatomy scan in 2 weeks, so we're looking forward to that. I think my Mom will be coming with us to that one. Still pretty sure we aren't going to find out the sex- despite my whole family's disappointment. They really want to know- lol!! But I still think not finding out (at least with this one) will be the best surprise for all of us. It's going to be hard to wait though, I will admit that!

Hope everyone is feeling well!! I see a few of you (MP, SunnyD) have moved onto the preggo thread....I guess I will do the same, but just wanted to check in with my gals here. I'm just enjoying a quiet day with my doggie, who BTW, is doing well (fingers crossed!). He hasn't had another seizure in quite a bit, so we're hopeful. My parents left for Florida for a weeklong vaca, so DH and I staying with him.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend all!!! :wavey:

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Dani just wanted to say yay and hi from a fellow team greener...we didn't find out the sex either and we've made it to 34 weeks so far. It's fun not knowing. We haven't gotten has many clothes at our showers, unless people go neutral but we've gotten a lot more things that we need instead of tons and tons of either pink or blue stuff! People will go crazy after the baby is born and buy all kinds of clothes so you get the best of both worlds I think!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re:

Thanks Pupp, Zoe, & Dani! I'm so excited for this Friday!!!!

We're not going to learn the gender of the baby before birth, either. I feel like there aren't many great surprised left in this life, but this is definitely one of them.

Dani--I'm so happy to hear that you're feeling well. Your story about telling your parents about your pregnancy is so touching! I bet it was a moment you'll never forget. SO HAPPY to hear about your healthy pup, too!

AFM, I've been feeling pretty awful all weekend. I actually don't think I've left the house since Friday afternoon. (Wow, I just realized this.) I just feel nauseous all day, and this morning I was certain I was going to vomit, but I didn't. I kind of just wish I could, so I could get some relief from this nausea. I have a professional conference tomorrow, so I'm hoping the distraction will be good. I definitely don't feel the nausea as much when I'm busy. 6 weeks 5 days here. Can't wait for that 7 week milestone on Tuesday! One week at a time . . . .

How is everyone else doing? I'm excited for the ladies who are moving on to the big girl thread! I really hope to be able to join you there in about eight weeks . . .

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re:

Hey girls! I'm really sorry for the fly by post, I just wanted to let everyone know I'm still here and that I'm so thrilled that everyone is doing so well! I'm so tired these days I rarely make it to the computer, I have something to eat after work and then fall into bed! My first ultrasound is in two days, so hopefully by then I'll have something awesome to share with you all! :bigsmile:
Much love, everyone!!!! :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Hi Missy!!! :wavey: Hope you are well- you're so lucky that you're almost there!!! I also think Team Green is pretty great! Yes, sometimes I'm like, "let me just find out," but then I think its a surprise really worth waiting for. But I would be lying if I said its not going to be a LOOONG 5 months!!!!

Hi Haven!!! :wavey: Oh, I'm so excited you get your us this Friday!! How great!! I will be thinking of you!!! The nausea is horrible, girl- I really suggest 1/2 of a Unisom sleep tab in the pm and 50 mg of Vitamin B6 in the am. Its the only thing that really helped me, plus the Unisom helped me sleep, so it was killing 2 birds with one stone. Looking back, I was SO NAUSEOUS, SO TIRED, AND SO MISERABLE!!! I certainly know the MS could have been worse, but dealing with constant nausea 24/7 is just horrible. Fingers crossed that you don't have to deal with it long, lady.

Hi Dandi!!! :wavey: WOW, your first us is this week too!! How exciting!!! I will be thinking of you too!!!! Sorry for the fatigue, I know how debilitating it can be! From about week 6 to week 12, I could not go through a full day without some kind of nap. It was really hard. Just do what you need to do for now to get through, it will get better, I promise!!!

Can't wait to see pics and hear about all your appt's this week ladies!! Best of luck!!! Hi to everyone else!!!! :wavey:

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Dani, glad you're back due date twin! In your absence you definitely became no longer just barely pregnant, so head on over to the other thread and join us! Sounds like things are going well for you now that you're hopefully past the m/s phase. I have to say, over the past couple of weeks, I have had a return of nausea, and I slept a lot yesterday. Pregnancy is so unpredictable. Good for you for holding out on the gender. My family was also outraged when I even suggested we were considering waiting for a surprise. We're going to find out now as we already have an inkling it is a boy after our NT scan, and for me, it has been nice knowing and kind of starting to bond with my little boy. It's going to take a big adjustment if it turns out he is a really a she!

Haven, congrats on almost 7 weeks. Each week really does feel like a milestone, and how exciting that you are only a few days away from seeing your little one!

Dandi, two more days? That's awesome. Come back and post pictures!

Hope everyone else is doing well! Can't wait til more of you are posting in the other thread!

16w2d

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Re:

I thought you guys would get a kick out of this interaction:

Me:oof.
DH: what's wrong?
Me: bbs hurt
DH: want a bb massage?

:roll:

I'm just waiting for my first u/s on Thursday. I'll be 6w, 1 day by then. I'm hoping for the best but still fearing the worst.

Hope everyone is well & baking away!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re:

OMG Bright, too funny!!!! Boys, honestly :bigsmile: Quite the opportunists!!!!

Best of luck for your scan, all my fingers and toes are crossed for you!!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Re:

LOL, Bright, that's funny. Something I've learned over the years: NEVER ask for a massage of any type unless you feel like DTD, lol!!!!!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Bright, sore bbs is a good sign! Sending you lots of dust for you ultrasound later this week! I know the wait is excruciating, but I'm so hopeful for you!

Dandi, good luck to you too on your upcoming ultrasound!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: Re:

Congratulations, Haven!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock

MC|1335889436|3184832 said:
Congratulations, Haven!
Thanks, MC! I hope I can be as good a mama as you are!

Bright--I can't tell you how thrilled I am to hear that you have sore bbs! :cheeky: I hope they don't get better any time soon!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Thanks, guys. I'm hopeful it's a good sign. Oddly, they don't seem to be getting any bigger, just very sore. I've been extra tired too but not much else on the symptom front. No nausea yet. Really hoping everything is ok & I can join you guys officially soon.

Haven, glad your appointment went well & hope your first u/s is great!

Hi to everyone else!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

BrightSpot|1335898016|3184915 said:
Thanks, guys. I'm hopeful it's a good sign. Oddly, they don't seem to be getting any bigger, just very sore. I've been extra tired too but not much else on the symptom front. No nausea yet. Really hoping everything is ok & I can join you guys officially soon.

Hi to everyone else!

Bright, just to reassure you, if you have any symptoms at all, then you have more symptoms than I had at that point! I was freaking out if you recall, but the consensus around here is that most people do not get many symptoms until about 6-7 weeks, and many just don't get the exaggerated symptoms we all associate with pregnancy. In my case, it wasn't until around 8.5-9 weeks that I felt minor nausea when I hadn't eaten for awhile. My bbs were not sore and did not grow at all until the past few weeks, and even now it is pretty moderate, much to DH's disappointment (on the growth thing) ;-) I also didn't start experiencing real exhaustion until recently.

So hoping you get wonderful news on Thursday!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re:

Has anyone posted on the BabyCenter boards? I thought it would be fun to post a bit, and, well . . . let's just say I think it's a very different crowd than we have here on PS.

(edited because I said something mean.)

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock

Haven|1335909515|3185062 said:
Has anyone posted on the BabyCenter boards? I thought it would be fun to post a bit, and, well . . . let's just say I think it's a very different crowd than we have here on PS.

Haven - I read a few of them just for fun but would never dream of posting over there. You're exactly right... a very different crowd. It seems like every other post is about how the baby daddy is leaving me, getting out of jail, or claims the baby isn't his! It's the last link in my favorites for when I've run out of things to entertain me online... :devil: Although I've said here a few times, the In-Law board is wonderful. I do read that one for more than Jerry Springer style amusement.

ETA - Awwww, you took out the part I was nodding to! I guess I'll edit too ...

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re:

Haha, Kunzite! I felt bad after I was a meanie, but it feels good to know you read it and agreed! :devil:

amc80

Ideal_Rock

Haven|1335909515|3185062 said:

(edited because I said something mean.)

I'm a member on cafemom....and it's the same way. I haven't logged on in weeks. Lots of posts from women complaining about their free-to-them state healthcare.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock

monkeyprincess|1335899100|3184931 said:
BrightSpot|1335898016|3184915 said:

Hi to everyone else!

Bright, just to reassure you, if you have any symptoms at all, then you have more symptoms than I had at that point! I was freaking out if you recall, but the consensus around here is that most people do not get many symptoms until about 6-7 weeks, and many just don't get the exaggerated symptoms we all associate with pregnancy. In my case, it wasn't until around 8.5-9 weeks that I felt minor nausea when I hadn't eaten for awhile. My bbs were not sore and did not grow at all until the past few weeks, and even now it is pretty moderate, much to DH's disappointment (on the growth thing) ;-) I also didn't start experiencing real exhaustion until recently.

So hoping you get wonderful news on Thursday!

Mp, thanks for the reassurance. I guess my bbs were sore last time too so who knows? It's too bad we don't have any extra cleavage to show for all of the discomfort! :tongue:

Also, ditto to the sentiment that we have a very special community here on ps.

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Bright, can't wait for your ultrasound on Thursday! Don't worry about symptoms. My current symptoms are heartburn and some odd crampy pains on my left side about 1-2 times/day. I think my bbs have grown, but they aren't sore.

Haven, I really hope you get to see the heart beat on Friday! That will be so amazing for you and DH to see. I totally agree on PS being so much better than the other boards. We could all probably be friends in real life. The bump has an over 35 pregnancy board which seems to be pretty normal/mature, but I just lurk there once in a while when I'm bored.

Dandi, good luck tomorrow at your ultrasound. Can't wait for a full report. I hope you get to see a heart beat too!

Dani, glad to hear your dog is doing well and that your morning sickness has faded.

AFM, sorry I have been MIA for a bit, just waiting for the final CVS results (hopefully tomorrow) and the next ultrasound is this Friday. I have been at a local conference this week with my boss so that has been a good distraction. I think my boss might be on to me. She tried to order me a red wine at the conference happy hour today, and I had to say - no I'm having a sparkling water instead today.....that and my cuter/newer/nicer business suit pants don't fit anymore so looking a little not up to par plus avoiding wine. I'm sure she's suspicious. Thankfully, she didn't say anything.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re:

Hello hello lovely ladies!! Thankyou all so much for your well wishes, much appreciated! The ultrasound went really well this morning, my OB is very pleased with everything. Bean is measuring 23mm with a heart rate of 171bpm. DH was all smiles when he saw it, but he was secretly hoping there'd be two heartbeats :bigsmile: There's only one, and it's flickering away strongly! The little worm was wriggling around like crazy! I'm so relieved.

Big hugs to everyone, I hope you're all feeling fabulous and strong!!

DSC05572.JPG

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Yay Dandi! Fantastic news! It's just surreal and amazing to see, isn't it?!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re:

It really is, mp!! I could barely believe my eyes when I saw the baby moving, and that tiny heartbeat... wow. Just amazing! :love: How are you feeling, hon?

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Re:

YAY, Dandi!!!! Sooo happy for you!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results