shape
carat
color
clarity

"Just Barely" Pregnant PS''ers

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Hi guys, just got home from my NT scan and everything went absolutely perfect. Baby measured right on track at 12w5d, heartbeat was 166bpm, and the NT measurement was 2mm which was absolutely perfect. Nasal bone was there and all anatomy looked right on! What a relief! I did the blood work and should get the results in about a week but my doctor said there should be no reason to worry. Yay! I cried in the car. It was just such a relief. For my son, he had a slightly elevated NT scan and it put us in a high risk category so we had to get a lot of add'l u/s's, echo's, etc and not to mention it caused me a lot of un needed worry as he was just fine. So it was just a huge relief. We have come so far. We really have. I am using my DH"s computer today so I am not sure how to upload pics, but I will either post pics tonight or tomorrow of my u/s and my first belly shot. I am officially showing!

Bright, patiently waiting for your update on your scan! Thinking about you...

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Re: Re:

lizzyann|1326916697|3106032 said:
Hi guys, just got home from my NT scan and everything went absolutely perfect. Baby measured right on track at 12w5d, heartbeat was 166bpm, and the NT measurement was 2mm which was absolutely perfect. Nasal bone was there and all anatomy looked right on! What a relief! I did the blood work and should get the results in about a week but my doctor said there should be no reason to worry. Yay! I cried in the car. It was just such a relief. For my son, he had a slightly elevated NT scan and it put us in a high risk category so we had to get a lot of add'l u/s's, echo's, etc and not to mention it caused me a lot of un needed worry as he was just fine. So it was just a huge relief. We have come so far. We really have. I am using my DH"s computer today so I am not sure how to upload pics, but I will either post pics tonight or tomorrow of my u/s and my first belly shot. I am officially showing!

Bright, patiently waiting for your update on your scan! Thinking about you...

:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :D :D :D :appl:

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Lizzy - Love love love your update! So happy everything went well! And yay for officially showing!!! So much good news in one post :D

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Yay Lizzy!!!

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Lizzy- So happy to hear this. I know how the anxiety and worry can sometimes overshadow the joy, so I'm so glad you have peace of mind and can now just enjoy being preggo! You've come so so so far. Congrats!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Lizzy, so happy to hear your great results! Hugs.

Sadly, mine were not so good. The doc saw the sac but nothing else. I'm to come in again next week for another scan but doc says this is likely (65% chance) an impending miscarriage.

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Bright - Oh no ;( I'm praying that this turns around for you. Sending tons of good vibes your way and hoping for better news next week. I'm so so sorry.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Bright, I'm so sorry :(

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Bright, there are no words. I'm just so very, very sorry to hear this. Know that my thoughts and prayers are with you right now as you process this information.

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

I am so sorry Bright. I hope you are in the 35%. My heart goes out to you.

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Re:

I'm so sorry, Bright. You're in my prayers.

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Oh Bright, oh no. My heart sank reading your update. I can't imagine the sorrow you must feel right now. This just plain sucks sometimes. I will continue to hope that you are indeed in the 35%. Please take care of yourself. Hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs.

ETA: I don't want to get your hopes up, but I've just heard from 3 women who saw no sac at 6 weeks, and went on to see HB at 7 and 8 weeks (and have healthy babies). So not to diminish what your doctor said (I'm clearly not a doctor), but it does happen.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Thanks so much for the positive thoughts & prayers. It makes me cry every time I read your sweet posts, but really helps to know that I'm not alone in this.

And China, thank you for the ray of hope.

My doc said I could stop the progesterone this weekend, but I think I will continue it at least until Monday as it doesn't seem likely that I will miscarry while I'm using it. We have to go out of town this weekend to meet my new niece (that's gonna be really hard :(( ), but at least hopefully I won't have to worry about miscarrying while I'm visiting the in-laws.

Girls, I don't know how I'm going to be able to do this again.

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Oh Bright, I am so sorry that you didn't have a happy scan today. I was so hoping this was the one for you! I'm crossing everything for you that you're in the 35%. I know it's hard, but I think your idea to keep taking the progesterone is a good idea, just in case. Thinking of you sweetie! Tons of hugs!

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Ugh bright, I am so so sorry. There are no words I can find to express the sadness I feel for you. Hang on to the hope that remains - it isn't over until it is over. Take extra good care of yourself. We are all thinking of you and praying for you. Lots of hugs.

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Oh Bright... :(( I'm so sorry to read your update. :(sad I was hoping your of ms didn't mean anything bad... I've been there myself, and it really sucks. How are you and your DH coping? Please take the time you need to process this and grieve as you see fit. ((HUGS))

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Bright, so shocked to see your update. I am sorry things have not gone smoothly for you. I know the uncertainty is just the worse too. Is your doctor running another beta? That may give you more of an indication as to whether things are progressing or if things are getting close to ending. We are all here for you and if you have any questions at all please ask me. Take care of yourself. The only way you can look at this is that you can indeed get pregant and if this doesn't work, then I know for a fact you will be pregnant again in no time. Hugs my friend.

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Bright... Hugs to you and your DH. I am thinking positively for you and absolutely hoping your doctor is incorrect.

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Bright, hugs for you and your hubby. I'm so sorry.

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Bright, I don't post on here often, but I check in often. I am an ultrasound tech and I just wanted to reassure you it does happen from time to time. My gestational sac showed up at 5w 0d and the fetal pole did not show up till 6w2d. I checked every day in between the two! Swhile it might not be text book "normal" it can and does happen.

Do you know what your betas were? Mine were low for my dates and that coupled with the empty sac made my doctor tell me to be cautiously optimistic but to prepare just in case. What follow up testing is your doctor doing?

Just to give you some hope I'm 18w today so my slow to show up Bean and low betas were not a guarantee.

Good luck. I'll be praying for you.

PetitiePoire

Shiny_Rock
Re:

Bright- I'm so sad to read your update. I don't have much to say, but know you're in my prayers. :(

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Bright, I'm so sorry your scan was discouraging. I'll be keeping everything crossed that you are in that 35%. Hugs to you lady.

sugarpie honeybun

Shiny_Rock
Re:

Bright - keeping you in my thoughts. As a few others have said, it is still early, and there's still a chance for things to develop and progress. Either way, sending you lots of dust and prayers.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock

Ladies, I can't tell you how much your kind words, thoughts & prayers mean to me. Thank you. ::) I don't know whether to resign myself to a bad outcome or keep hoping for a good one. I suppose it won't change what happens. I don't want to be sad, but I'm also dreading going through what I went through yesterday again in a week. I guess there's nothing to do but wait and pray.

stepcutgirl|1326945827|3106451 said:
Bright, I don't post on here often, but I check in often. I am an ultrasound tech and I just wanted to reassure you it does happen from time to time. My gestational sac showed up at 5w 0d and the fetal pole did not show up till 6w2d. I checked every day in between the two! Swhile it might not be text book "normal" it can and does happen.

Do you know what your betas were? Mine were low for my dates and that coupled with the empty sac made my doctor tell me to be cautiously optimistic but to prepare just in case. What follow up testing is your doctor doing?

Just to give you some hope I'm 18w today so my slow to show up Bean and low betas were not a guarantee.

Good luck. I'll be praying for you.[/]

Stepcutgirl, thanks for your post & reassurance. My doc said I was at 6w2d & only the gestational sac was visible. There was nothing at all visible at my last ultrasound around 5w. My betas were on the low side too: 29.2 at 12dpo, 154 at 16dpo & 361 at 18dpo. I go in for another u/s next Wednesday & doc said I should get a definitive answer then.

I'm so glad your bean is doing great despite a slow start! How cool that you could check every day too! Btw, on a separate note, I finally got used to the metformin. I guess that's a small victory. Thanks for your thoughts & prayers.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Hi Bright,

Just chiming in to say Im so sorry youre going through this :blackeye: I am hopeful for you though, as we have seen many miracles in this department day in and day out. Don't lose hope yet!!! I'll be praying for you!!! :)) HUGS

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock

BrightSpot|1327025645|3107103 said:
Ladies, I can't tell you how much your kind words, thoughts & prayers mean to me. Thank you. ::) I don't know whether to resign myself to a bad outcome or keep hoping for a good one. I suppose it won't change what happens. I don't want to be sad, but I'm also dreading going through what I went through yesterday again in a week. I guess there's nothing to do but wait and pray.

stepcutgirl|1326945827|3106451 said:

Good luck. I'll be praying for you.[/]

Stepcutgirl, thanks for your post & reassurance. My doc said I was at 6w2d & only the gestational sac was visible. There was nothing at all visible at my last ultrasound around 5w. My betas were on the low side too: 29.2 at 12dpo, 154 at 16dpo & 361 at 18dpo. I go in for another u/s next Wednesday & doc said I should get a definitive answer then.

I'm so glad your bean is doing great despite a slow start! How cool that you could check every day too! Btw, on a separate note, I finally got used to the metformin. I guess that's a small victory. Thanks for your thoughts & prayers.

I only had 1 beta done and it was at 20 or 21dpo and it was 451. It seems like your betas are increasing. I'm really sorry if this is indeed a bad thing but I am so hoping and praying for good things for you! Are you still on the metformin? I'm still on mine until 20w.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Thanks so much, dani & stepcutgirl. ::)
The nausea is still gone & bbs are no longer sore, which I don't take to be a good sign. I'm still having a little cramping too.

I'm planning to continue the progesterone through the weekend but might stop on Monday. (doc said I could stop over the weekend as normally you can stop at 7w, but does that sound right to you guys?)

Stepcutgirl, I am still on metformin. I thought it would reduce risk of miscarriage. Oh well. When you go off it, will you taper off or go cold turkey? How's your hair doing with the pregnancy? So glad all is well with you!

Sorry for hogging up the thread with sad news. Thanks so much for all the kind words, though. It makes such a difference.

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock

BrightSpot|1327035309|3107195 said:
Thanks so much, dani & stepcutgirl. ::)
The nausea is still gone & bbs are no longer sore, which I don't take to be a good sign. I'm still having a little cramping too.

I'm planning to continue the progesterone through the weekend but might stop on Monday. (doc said I could stop over the weekend as normally you can stop at 7w, but does that sound right to you guys?)

Stepcutgirl, I am still on metformin. I thought it would reduce risk of miscarriage. Oh well. When you go off it, will you taper off or go cold turkey? How's your hair doing with the pregnancy? So glad all is well with you!

Sorry for hogging up the thread with sad news. Thanks so much for all the kind words, though. It makes such a difference.

I honestly don't know much about the progesterone but if it were me (and this is just my nut case way of thinking) I probably would not stop the progesterone until I had the scan on Wednesday to confirm or disprove what they suspect. Most of the moms in a group I'm in had to take progesterone until 12-14 weeks, so if the baby is indeed there wouldn't it be better to not take it away until you know?

I saw my high risk ob doc today who told me he thinks I need to stop taking the metformin now and to just discontinue it. It's been such a safety blanket for me that I'm scared to not take it anymore but he told me my placenta long ago took over hormone production and that I'm needlessly taking it now. My hair is a smidge thicker, and I don't notice the bald spots as much on my temples but they are still there. I keep waiting for this movie star hair to show up but its certainly not here yet!

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Oh Bright, I'm so sorry to hear that. After reading stepcut's story I have a lot of hope that this is just a false alarm. Hugs!!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Hi there, just wanted to post a couple of pics. This is my belly shot and my u/s pics from last week. I was 12w5 when it was taken. Today I am 13w3d! Almost done with the first trimester!

12w5dps.JPG

12w5dps2.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results