lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Thinking about you Bright!

~LC

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Re:

I keep checking in for updates Bright. Hoping for some good news this afternoon!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Lc, missy, Amc, lizzy & china, thanks. I've been trying to stay busy today but it's been rough.
I'm in the waiting room now & it will likely be a long wait to be seen.

Thanks for all of the support. It really helps. I'll let you know how it goes.

Loving the bumps, btw!

Eta: still waiting at 4:41.

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Bright, my stomach is all kinds of nervous for you. My last pregnancy (which did not end well) I had to wait for (bad) results and it's a purgatory I wish upon no one. But I just went into survival mode and dealt best I could. Point is, a lot of us have been there and while we can't make it easier (it just plain sucks), please know you aren't alone and most of us went on to have happy endings. Fingers, toes, legs, arms and eyes crossed for you. Kinda hard to type, actually. :cheeky:

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Well, I don't have good news. The sac was still there, but no embryo. I'm going to the pharmacy to fill my miscarriage med Rx.
The upshot, if there is one, is that I know when to expect it to happen, it should happen quickly & my re said we can try again (same clomid/ovidrel/iui protocol as last time) as soon as my hcg levels zero out, which should be in 2-3 weeks. (my Re said it was a wives tale about not getting pg right after a mc).

So, I'm sad but I was expecting this. At least I have some closure.

Thanks for all of your thoughts & well wishes during this difficult time. I hope I can join you ladies again someday soon.

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Bright, I've been refreshing over and over, hoping for good news. I'm so very sorry. :blackeye: Big hugs and take care of yourself. I can't wait to see you back on this thread again soon too.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Re:

so sorry Bright... I have been refreshing this page all afternoon hoping to see a response. Sorry it's not good news but at least it is some closure. Glad to hear you will be able to try again right away. That was always a comfort to me..knowing there was a next step plan in place quickly. Be good to yourself. You'll be here again before you know it.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Many hugs to you Bright. i was really hoping for good news. Hugs and stay strong. I'm glad your RE gave you the green light to try again. But take as much time as you need. Just know you have a whole army of friends here thinking about you. :)

~LC

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Oh no Bright, I'm so sorry. Take care, hugs.

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

No! I am so sorry. I really came on here expecting to hear something else. I am glad you can try again soon. I hope you find some comfort in that. But I am just so darn sorry you had to hear that today.

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

I'm so sorry Bright. Hugs to you lady.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Bright, I'm really really sorry. It's great to see that you have a plan in place going forward. Big hugs, lady!!!

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

So sorry for you loss :(( Hugs to you, Bright.

sugarpie honeybun

Shiny_Rock
Re:

Bright - so sorry for your news :blackeye: I'm really sorry :((

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Oh no Bright I am so sorry to hear :(sad I was really hoping to come back and read better news. I'm glad you have a plan in place and are willing to give it another try soon! Wishing you well.

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Bright, I'm so sorry. Look after yourselves, and I hope you regroup ok - hugs.

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Bright, I'm so sorry to hear this...

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re:

Bright, I'm so sorry you didn't have a good outcome. I wish none of us ever had to go through this. :(sad

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re:

I am so sorry Brightspot, big hugs

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Sorry, Bright :(

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Oh Bright, I am so sorry that your pregnancy ended this way. There are no words, but when you're ready for the upside perspective, know that you were able to get pregnant. I'm glad you have a plan in place for when you're ready. You will have your sticky bean soon, and you will be a wonderful mom! Take some time to grieve with your DH, and treat yourselves nicely. We're all here for you!

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Bright, I was so sad to read your news. Sometimes the world can be terribly unfair. :nono: I'm not giving up on you yet though. Take your time, it's ok to just be sad, and we're here for you whenever.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Still thinking about you, Bright.

Well, I told my boss today. I went to his cube and asked if I could talk to him...then added on "in the conference room" at the end. He momentarily freaked out, so I was nice and said "don't worry, I'm not quitting" while we were walking. He breathed a huge sigh of relief and said he was having heart palpatations, ha!

Anyway, he is really happy for me. Actually his first response was something about how fast it was and how our wedding must have been of the shotgun variety, I was cracking up. I told him that if I'm never not at my cube it's probably because I'm walking around somewhere trying to not puke. He then gave me suggestions on the best people/places to throw up. Hahaha. So yeah, it went really well and I'm glad he knows. I'll be telling everyone else probably next Friday, since my NT scan is Thursday.

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Ugh, Bright, I am so sorry to hear this news. Be kind to yourself and take the time you need to process this. You're a strong lady.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Hi ladies, thanks so much for all of your kind words of support during this difficult time. I'm sorry I've been quiet, but I'm still processing all of this. Knowing I have so many friends rooting for me here really warms my heart.

My Re recommended going the misoprostol route rather than either waiting for things to clear out naturally, which apparently can take a long time, or going the d&c route, which is more invasive, involves anesthesia & could result in complications or scarring. So I took the meds at noon yesterday & basically sat around all day with some pretty obnoxious cramping, but no bleeding. I did start to spot about 12 hours after taking the meds, but then it stopped altogether. Nothing at all happened overnight.

I was prepared for a pretty rough day & night, but then hoped this would be over so I could start to really grieve and move on, but now I'm still in the waiting game. It's pretty frustrating. Also, the nurse in the office told me to call them if nothing had happened within 5 hours of my dose. I did. Twice. And didn't receive a callback. :angryfire: I finally spoke with someone this morning (after 2 more calls!) & am waiting for the nurse to talk with my doc to determine how to proceed.

Amc, glad all went well telling your boss!

Happy Friday to all.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re:

Bright, I normally don't chime in here or on TTC but I wanted to tell you how sorry I am for your loss. Also, after reading your latest response here, I am so angry for you that your doctor's office hasn't been more quick to speak with you about the misoprostol failing! I would be on the phone screaming at them after the first time I didn't receive a callback. Big hugs to you and I hope everything is resolved for you quickly.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Bright, sorry to hear about your ordeal. I'm hoping it will be all clear by the end of the weekend. Keep us posted on what the doctor says when they FINALLY call you back. So annoying... This office doesn't seem to quite have their $%!# together huh? :angryfire: I find that unacceptable. This is too sensitive of an issue to show lack of sensitivity. And waiting that long for that u/s was crap too. Sorry I needed to vent for you!!! Hugs to you. Hoping this ends soon so you can move on.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Re:

HI everyone, I got the call back yesterday on the results of my combined screening blood work. Basically, they take the results of the NT, your age, and the results of the blood work and give you a risk factor. Mine was great! Above normal. Normal for a woman my age (32) is like 1 in 350 for Down's, and mine was 1 in 775. My Trisomy was 1 in 17,000. In about another month, another blood draw will be done and they will give me another risk assessment. But everything looks great! Yippee! Very happy! I have my 15 week doctor appt next week and after that I will be officially announcing to the rest of our friends and family.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Lizzy & monarch, thanks for venting for me! I'm pretty annoyed. It's bad enough to have to lose my pregnancy but to wait for it to happen for so much longer than needed is very frustrating. Not to mention them lack of responsiveness from my doc. I just called again & was assured they'd call me back after hours. So after 4 I guess? I've been waiting around all day not knowing what to do. I had another bout of spotting again this morning then nothing.

Lizzy, I'm sorry to ask this, but how long do these things usually take? Have you ever used misoprostol or did everything take care of itself naturally? Not knowing what to expect is so stressful. (or knowing what to expect & having it not happen)

So thrilled to hear your nt results were stellar! Big hugs & congrats to you. :appl:

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Bright, all of my losses happened around the 6w point. Because my betas never doubled and only went up slightly, I would know from the get go that the pregnancy was not going to make it. So as soon as we had a couple of betas drawn, I was advised to stop the progesterone. I never had any u/s's done because we knew there was going to be no good news, so I don't know if there would have been a sac or anything visible, as you have. And usually within the next day or two after stopping the progesterone, the bleeding would start. And they would be heavy and clotty, definitely not spotting. And very crampy. Once the bleeding really starts your beta will drop QUICKLY. Everything was usually clear within a week to 10 days tops. For me the heaviest bleeding would last 4-5 days. I never used any drugs to bring on the m/c because it always would happen naturally for me after stopping the progesterone. I get why they prescribed it to you, but I kind of wish you had the chance to just stop the progesterone and see what happened for a couple of days before trying the drug. But it is what it is. Seeing as though you had a visible sac, maybe they felt that the drug was needed in order to reject it.

You have insurance that covers IVF and all fertility related stuff right? I think trying IUI one more time is totally the right decision, but have you thought at all about IVF? I was so worried about all that it entailed, but honestly it really was a very smooth and short process. I know it's early to think about it, but I just wanted to remind you that you have options and without a doubt you will get that baby when the time is right!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results