shape
carat
color
clarity

JKT graduation ring is finished!

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock
This thread is temporarily useless, but I had to share!!

JKT finished my graduation ring, and it arrived today. It is SO, so gorgeous!

I know there's been a bit of controversy around JKT lately, but let me say that my experience was wonderful. Julia worked really hard on this, and was very patient with me. I had money issues throughout this entire project, and she graciously would move my piece to the back burner until I was able to get back on track.

Anyway, I will try to take some pictures in the morning. I think the light is too dim tonight to get any good shots.

Here are two of the original threads, if anyone wants to read along:
stone thread and graduation ring saga

sweet_pea

Shiny_Rock
Can't wait to see pictures of it, I bet it'll be gorgeous! What type of setting did you decide on?

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock
sweet_pea|1313196150|2989747 said:
Can't wait to see pictures of it, I bet it'll be gorgeous! What type of setting did you decide on?

The stone itself is bezeled in two-tone rose gold and Argentium silver in Julia's typical style, but the rest of the ring is something I haven't seen from her before (in a ring). It has two tiny side diamonds and swirls, and is just so romantic and delicate.

I just got done washing the dishes and put all of my rings back on b/c I'm so excited about this ring. :appl:

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm really excited to see your ring! Did she not send you pictures of the completed project (obviously not)? I can't wait until you get it, and congratulations on your nursing graduation :appl: .

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock
I have her pictures, but I'm not sure about her policy on posting her pictures. Does it not include the finished pictures? If it's ok to post her pictures of the finished product then I could put those in until I take pics tomorrow.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh, you may be right. I posted her pictures of the ring she made me last year but that was after asking her permission. I know she doesn't like to have her sketches posted... that may include her photos now, as well :confused: .

In any case, looking forward to seeing pics whether they're hers or yours, lol!

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
I have two pieces of jewelry that Julia made for me somewhat recently and she said it was fine to post the finished jewelry. She just didn't want me to post the sketches. Let 's see the pics!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Can't wait to see it! Julia was OK with my posting finished photos but not sketches, but that was when the finished photos showed up on Etsy for the world to see, so you may want to ask.

For what it's worth, Julia was always very accommodating, kind, and patient with me during my projects. I'd have no issue getting additional custom projects done with her, except for the long wait times and high prices.

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock
According to the current policies on her website, you do need her permission to post her pictures even of the finished pieces. So I can probably take a few pics myself in the time it would take to ask her and wait for a response.

Be back in a few.

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I'm not all that happy with the shots I got. It's overcast outside today so half of the shots have the flash on. But it gives you an idea anyway.

Pictures overload time, lol.

074small.jpg

073small.jpg

065small.jpg

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock
more

082small.jpg

081small.jpg

076small.jpg

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
oh dear, it's beautiful! :love: do you mind telling me how much did it cost to get it made by JKT? I'm thinking about doing my first color stone project with her as well and would love to have an idea of the price first~

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock
last few

Thanks for looking. :wavey:

087small.jpg

089small.jpg

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock
minmin001|1313257748|2990117 said:
oh dear, it's beautiful! :love: do you mind telling me how much did it cost to get it made by JKT? I'm thinking about doing my first color stone project with her as well and would love to have an idea of the price first~

Well the price will depend on what metal you choose so I'd suggest sending Julia a convo or e-mail to get a better idea, but mine was in the ballpark of $450 for Argentium silver with rose gold accents. And of course metal prices keep going up, up, up, so who knows. I put my initial deposit down last summer. HTH.

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
lavatea|1313258082|2990119 said:

Well the price will depend on what metal you choose so I'd suggest sending Julia a convo or e-mail to get a better idea, but mine was in the ballpark of $450 for Argentium silver with rose gold accents. And of course metal prices keep going up, up, up, so who knows. I put my initial deposit down last summer. HTH.

Thank you~ I will shot her an e-mail~ But I don't have any design in my mind yet... :blackeye:

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
That is so pretty, Lavatea! I love how the shape of the bezel emphasizes your beautiful Asscher, and the little swirly decorative elements are not something I've seen from JKT before. Congratulations on your beautiful ring (and your graduation!) :appl:

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very Pretty!! :love: Congrats on your graduation!! :appl:

AmeliaG

Brilliant_Rock
Ahhh, very nice!

May i ask whose idea the swirly designs on either side were? Did you specifically request them or did Julia have another piece already made with them?

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I love it! The swirls are very pretty.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a very elegant and unusual. And the "swirls" are so feminine, beautiful ring.

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock
AmeliaG|1313268147|2990219 said:
Ahhh, very nice!

May i ask whose idea the swirly designs on either side were? Did you specifically request them or did Julia have another piece already made with them?

Julia came up with that concept. It was one of a couple of sketches she drew up for me. I'm so glad I went with it, even though it wasn't what I had originally intended.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is gorgeous! The color of the stone and its faceting are really beautiful and I love the design of the ring. I also really like how the metal colors complement each other.

I sent Julia a faceted morganite and she's setting it in a pendant... I'll have pictures to share in the next few weeks.

Enjoy your lovely new ring and wear it in good health!

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, that is YUMMY!! I love the delicate vintagesque detailing. Congratulations :twirl:

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
This ring is a beauty! Congratulations on your Graduation!

Lori

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm glad you had a positive experience with JKT, Lavatea. The ring is really pretty!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It turned out beautifully! It suits the stone well.

AmeliaG

Brilliant_Rock
lavatea|1313274820|2990280 said:
AmeliaG|1313268147|2990219 said:
Ahhh, very nice!

Julia came up with that concept. It was one of a couple of sketches she drew up for me. I'm so glad I went with it, even though it wasn't what I had originally intended.

Very nice! I'm waiting on an Asscher from Jeff White now that I'd like to set. I'd like to choose a slightly different design on the side to make it unique but haven't any ideas. It's good to know that Julia can provide you with ideas and designs.

May I ask what your turnaround time with the project was from start to finish?

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! I love the contrast of the rose gold with the green.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock

Minmin001, my ring was going to be very similar to Lavatea's, except with intricate leaf details in between the bridges. The price quoted was near $2000 for 18k gold. After JKT found out she can't work the details in between the bridge, she expected that I will accept the same quote for a ring that'll essentially look like Lavatea's in construction. So between 18k gold and silver with gold details, there's a huge difference in price.

Congratulations on your graduation Lavatea.

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock

There is a substantial difference in price between silver and 18k gold, and even between 18k and 14k. The 18k gold ring JKT made for me a few months ago was very reasonably priced--for 18k. It's always easiest just to directly query the vendor you are considering working with.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results