shape
carat
color
clarity

jim meyer ring lost in the mail - but von bargens ring came through! PHOTOS!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
hallo all

bit of a mixed day here....

jim meyer sent my new platinum milgrain band to me at the beginning of last week - registered mail - and it''s failed to show up on my end. given that he is only in PA and i''m just above NYC, the 10 day delivery period is starting to look a bit worrying. he and i are both planning to lodge search queries today, but it''s not looking good. i''ve already called USPS once so far and had no joy. jim is talking about needing to remake it from scratch
7.gif
so i''m very disappointed about that!

however...!!!

my engagement ring reset has turned up at home - YAY! when my husband and i got engaged 26 years ago, we had a small solitaire set in yellow gold, and yellow gold wedding rings. they were poor quality. his snapped and mine gave me eczema! go figure! so we had a new set made for me in platinum - 3 stone diamond, .83 in the center, and .25 either side. i wore it for some time, but i always felt that with my large fingers (size 8), the side stones didnt really do the business. so a couple of months ago we sent the ring to von bargens in new hampshire to have the head hand made and new side stones (.46ct and .47 ct) put in. the stones are F VS1/VS2 , ex/ex polish/symm, ex cut, with all the right specs for table, depth, crown and pavillion angles, girdle thickness and so on and so on.

unfortunately...i''m in LA! so when my ring arrived in NY this morning, my husband took some photos and shot them over to me. so please ignore the enoooormous fingers in the photos; mine are big - but they''re not THAT big!!

and here''s my gorgeous new ring...

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
first one...

sIMG_2452.JPG

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
and again...

sIMG_2465.JPG

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
a teensy bit of fire...

sIMG_2464.JPG

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
to give you SOME sense of perspective - his fingers are a size 12! and even HE has quite nice finger coverage! (laughinggggg)

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
No way! That sucks! keep bugging the post office till you get some answers.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
BUMMER!!!

YAY for von Bargans! I *heart* them! I think you and I are the only fans vocal on PS...we need to change that.

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
I love the ering! And I think it is too cute that your DH took hand photos...what a guy!

I''m sending some ***dust*** for your search...hopefully the band will turn up.

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/9/2009 1:47:27 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
BUMMER!!!

YAY for von Bargans! I *heart* them! I think you and I are the only fans vocal on PS...we need to change that.

i agree! they went to the effort of sending my step by step photos as my ring was being made - photos from the work bench while Barrett was working on it. i LOVE those photos and am very grateful to jason thom, their front guy, who ran around with a camera bugging the guys in the work shop to get them for me!

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
here''s a shot of my ring in the workshop. you can see the old head still attached to the ring, and the custom made head about to go in. you can easily see the difference in quality between a hand forged custom head, and a mass produced head. no contest.

an interesting photo, i thought.

KSa-450a.jpg

beach

Brilliant_Rock
I would not worry about the registered package being lost. It will likley turn up. When it comes to registered mail, the handlers lose their jobs if it is lost and it is tracked every step of the way. Registered can sometimes take alot longer than expected.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE the new 3-stone!!!!!!!!!!!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love your 3 stone ring! I love how your hubby got a great fire shot! We spend ages trying to take pics like that!
9.gif

I really hope your JM ring turns up soon.

Rose-E

Shiny_Rock
Those proportions are perfect on that ring, Whitby.
3.gif
I want to see side by sides of your old and new ering!!!
I really hope you get your JM soon. I''m crossing my fingers for you.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
AWESOME Whitby.....LOVE YOUR RING......I love Von bargens, too!
36.gif

Lori

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh no about the JM, love the 3 stone
30.gif

Mary K

Rough_Rock
What a beautiful 3-stone ring! Your hubby did a great job, especially with the "fire" shot. So many colors at once.

I''m sure you''re dying to get it on your finger--that is, if your hubby will give it up.
2.gif

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Sorry about your JM band but your ering looks gorgeous. Your husband did a great job with the photos, I love the handshots
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That sucks about your band, bummer!
But I love your three stone...oh me, it is gorgeous! I cannot wait to see it on YOUR hand!

MrsChil

Shiny_Rock
Your three-stone is gorgeous! ..and good luck on getting your other ring soon :)

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a lovely ring! And I love that those are your hubby''s fingers!!!

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Sorry about your JM, maybe it''ll still come. Registed mail is hardly ever lost.

The 3 stone is lovely thoughv
18.gif
And your hubbies fingers aren''t bad either..lol

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You''re right whitby. Very nice finger coverage even on a size 12! Your husband was so sweet to take pictures for you. It''s just gorgeous and I hope you''re home soon to enjoy it in person.

Please tell us a little about Von Bargens. I don''t know anything about them.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks great on hubby - can''t wait to see it on you!

Fingers crossed on the band - if it''s registered mail, chances are you will get it!

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your new ring! It''s beautiful on your husbands size 12 finger, it will be even more beautiful on yours. Can''t wait to see more pics. Your husband is so sweet to take pictures for you. He must totally understand your love for diamonds.
36.gif
36.gif

I hope the other ring shows up soon.
8.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your new three stone is really incredible, fresh, sparkly, and classic! You must be thrilled! I''ll cross my fingers the other package turns up.

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just love your new ering. Very pretty and souns like a huge upgrade from your original one. It stinks about your other ring though. Hopefully you can track it down.

littlemissbliss

Shiny_Rock
Dear God. I thought your subject line said "jim meyer ring lost in the MALL."

I nearly had a heart attack.
6.gif
23.gif
6.gif
23.gif
6.gif
23.gif
6.gif
23.gif
6.gif
23.gif

I guess that being lost in the mail is not much better, huh? I am so sorry this happened and I will send some postal service ~*dust*~ your way. I hope it gets to you TOMORROW!

Oh and I love your three stone! It is B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L.

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Oh Whitby, that sucks about your ring - I hope you and Jim find it soon! On the other hand, your reset is stunning - perfectly proportioned!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bet you can''t WAIT to get home! Your new ring is G
30.gif
rgeous! Congratulations!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results