shape
carat
color
clarity

jim meyer ring lost in the mail - but von bargens ring came through! PHOTOS!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
Whitby, your new three stone looks beautiful! A timeless classic.... I can''t wait to see photos of it on your finger! I sure it will be absolutely gorgeous on you!
36.gif
36.gif
I agree with others that perhaps your James Meyer will show up.. I''ll keep my fingers crossed for you.

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
innerkitten, Hudson_Hawk, idreamofcushions, beach, motownmama, Maisie, loriken, Rose-E, Skippy123, Mary K, MMT, Diamond*Dana, vgirl17, FrekeChild, elle_chris, gemgirl, MissGotRocks, tigian, kcoursolle, CravingDiamonds, littlemissbliss, Brown.Eyed.Girl, AprilBaby =

thank you all so much for your kind comments! i''m really thrilled about my new engagement ring. i do love large diamonds (what woman doesn''t?!) but this ring is special to me, and it was important to me to keep the original shank and stone. so all your lovely comments on the proportions are particularly appreciated.

and yes, tim is a totally stand up guy and a really good sport. any husband who is prepared to embrace the concept of hand shots when HE''S doing them is a keeper in my book.

still no sign of the jim meyer ring, so thank you all for your positive dust. losing a ring is no fun, i''m learning that the hard way!

and Maisie - yes! can you believe he got a fire shot?! just went outside and....bingo! he knows what a fire shot is and he now thinks he''s very clever! clearly tho he was wearing a bright green t-shirt when he took the photos; you can see the color reflected in all the stones! still, it''s spring, so it''s kinda fitting :)

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
aw, whitby that stinks about your band! although, registered mail can take weeks (it has for me, not going much farther than the distance yours is traveling) so hang in there, all hope is not lost yet!

your diamond ring is beautiful! i love how you kept the shank and center stone, and worked around them. v.b. did a beautiful job with it, and major props to your DH - that fire shot rocks!

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
Whitby your new ring is beautiful
30.gif
I''ve got my fingers crossed for you that your other ring turns up, you must be so disappointed

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/9/2009 7:54:51 PM
Author: gemgirl
You''re right whitby. Very nice finger coverage even on a size 12! Your husband was so sweet to take pictures for you. It''s just gorgeous and I hope you''re home soon to enjoy it in person.

Please tell us a little about Von Bargens. I don''t know anything about them.

hi gemgirl :)

von bargens is a beautiful jewelry store - my all time favorite. originally in hanover, NH, they have recently opened up two more stores, i believe. their head jeweler, barrett salzmann, is a master jeweler, and the only master jeweler i know who has studied under more than one master jeweler himself. he is meticulous and a true artisan. what i especially love about him is his eye for proportion; you''ll never see barrett turn out a chunky band or heavy looking prongs, for example, and the heads of his rings always look like they really fit the shanks they''re on. his pave work is GORGEOUS and he has a creative eye for color and design. the lines of his rings are to die for. i just love him! jason thom is the front guy for all three stores, and he travels between all three, while his wife julie is the front person permanently in the hanover store. they carry most of the big designers, or can get their stuff in, but they have an emphasis on designers from the north east, such as alex sepkus, whose designs are amazing, and mark patterson whose designs are really something else.

i make the trek up from NY whenever i want something done because the service and execution is just so good, and because i take my jewelry seriously, and tim, my husband, and i are planning on a large pair of pearl and diamond drop earrings for my 50th birthday next year which barrett will custom make for me.

if ever you''re in the area, drop in! it''s like an aladdin''s cave in there!! they have a website too - and it''s worth having a look at their stuff. altho - be warned! it''s addictive!

anyway, thanks for asking, gemgirl - they really do deserve a higher profile, and they''re every bit as good as some of the other pricescope favorites, and i''ve had things through most of the favorite PS vendors. i believe hudson_hawk and loriken124 also know von bargens and speak of them highly in this thread.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whitby!!!! what a beautiful ring! and your hubby is a REALLY good photographer of jewelry - i can''t take photos that well and i really try! So sorry bout your band BTW, but this is a great 3-stone!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty!

And I think the words "Jim Meyer Ring" and "lost in the mail" should never be in the same sentence.
39.gif

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
oh it looks lovely. Can''t wait to see handshots

I hope your band mysteriously appears

joflier

Ideal_Rock
So pretty!!
36.gif

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
siamese3, rainydaze, Monnyjay, violet3, TravelingGal, atroop711, joflier -

thank you for your lovely comments; pricescope folks are the BEST!

another day down, and still no sign of the jim meyer ring, but it MUST be trackable, surely?! i mean - that''s the whole POINT of registered mail... USPS just not being terribly helpful on this so far. and i hear ya, TravelingGal - ''jim meyer + lost in mail'' - NOT good!

it''s 11 days till i get home and can play with my new 3 stone ring; time has never dragged sooooo badly!

have a wonderful weekend, ladies, and thanks again for your kind words :)

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results