shape
carat
color
clarity

jewelry pet peeves

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
I agree with the peeve about the necklace clasp falling to the front. It always happens to me. I hate when people point out that my pendant (or whatever it is) has fallen into my cleavage, and then they try to pull it out- yes, it''s been done, amny times. And no, not all by guys, or relatives.
23.gif
I also hate when I''m in a room with a bunch of married women, and a recently engaged woman comes in with her new ring, they all yell at me to try on the girl''s ring. "Let''s see how Amber''s hand will look with a ring!" Thanks.
38.gif
Now that we''ve got my ring, and I''ve shown it around, people ask, "How''d he buy that on a coach''s/teacher''s salary?" Lovely.
20.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
My biggest pet peeves is seeing my mother neglect her wedding set. It''s not a big, sparly expensive set, but she''s told me quite a few times how she''s so glad to have picked it out and she still adores it after 30+ years, etc... She had them soldered together and resized a year ago because the wedding band is really flimsy and bent easily so she couldn''t wear it anymore; the jeweler did an amazing job and cleaned it and polished it. It look much nicer and sparlier, and I thought maybe she''d finally decide to take care on her rings... But she leaves them on the kitchen windowsill and on the bathroom counter!!
23.gif
She hasn''t cleaned it again since.
38.gif

It bugs me so much, everytime I go home I try to clean it a bit with a soft brush. It''s not my kind a ring at all (.15ct-ish diamond in a fancy biggish YG setting), but it still breaks my heart to see something that symbolizes my parents'' wonderfully successful marriage be so neglected.
7.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results