shape
carat
color
clarity

jewelry pet peeves

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sistagrl2004

Shiny_Rock
Does anyone else have "jewelry pet peeves?"...like mine is 4 princess cuts pushed together to look like 1 big diamond..

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
I TOTALLY agree. Almost every girl I know that has a ring like that has had it collapse within a short period of time. Besides, do the really think no one will notice it''s four diamonds instead of one big one??

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Yes, when people think that looking at my diamond means touching its spotless table and leaving a big old fingerprint. It makes me want to hurt them.
29.gif

shay

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
oohh yes, sistagirl.....my friend just got one of those rings.....and I dont know how she can stand that....my eyes go right to each little line/division.....

why do they make those.....to make the ring less expensive??? seems silly to me.

a pet peeve of mine is a gorgeous ring that is so filthy dirty....you almost cant tell its a great stone/ring.

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
7.gif
I had one of those til recently. I didn''t pick it and didn''t really care for it. Guess what happened. You guessed it. I always wanted to replace the four little stones with a solitare. Now I am ringless
7.gif
Live and learn.

As far a pet peeves...

Rings rolling around on my finger.
Clasps on necklaces working there way around from the back of my neck.
My hair getting caught and tangled in necklaces.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I''m going to piss off alot of people with this one:

*Wearing white gold and platinum next to each other. They are not the same color once the rhodium has worn off.

I also can''t stand dirty diamonds. I bring my jewelry cleaning solution to work, and clean my co-worker''s rings while they wait :)

f0rbidden

Shiny_Rock
It doesn''t make me angry, but it does make me think!

hmm..how about silver and platinum? those colors would be closer and there isn''t usually a rhodium finish on silver, is there?

pet peeves ... let''s see,

jewelers who have no knowledge and assume everyone else is as uneducated as they are

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
ring spin
necklace clasp always gravitating to the front, usually center even, of my neck
hair getting caught on certain earrings
super thin bands (I know they are in but don''t care for the look/feel of them on)

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
*those icky debeers right hand rings that every jewelry store in america sold 10x over
*yellow metals and white metals worn together
*too much large gaudy jewelry all worn together
*touching the table of my stone with your greasy thumb
*blurry jewelry pictures
*too large halos on a too small hand
*someone younger having a bigger stone than me
11.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
ON OTHERS (I'm such a psycho!):
thumbrings (I dunno why but it makes me Krazy)
multiple rings on every finger (the brass knuckle look)
flashy chains on dudes
ankle bracelets
bejeweled fingernails

ON ME:
too tight necklaces that "flip"
clasps that always float to the front
yellow gold (it looks like poop on my pale, blue-undertone skin)
all of the above stuff that bugs me on other people
3.gif

ETA: it also bugs me when folks over-emphasize the importance of the most desirable specs their chosen jewelry posesses, with little regard to the "quality" of the piece as a whole. High horse spec bludgeoning with a side of hypocrisy.
32.gif
There's a book like this out there "If You Don't Have Big Boobs Put Ribbons On Your Pigtails" by Barbara Corcoran ... guess it's human nature to emphasis your own assets!

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/24/2006 7:27:57 PM
Author: Shay37
Yes, when people think that looking at my diamond means touching its spotless table and leaving a big old fingerprint. It makes me want to hurt them.
29.gif

shay
AMEN!!
29.gif
I now have a way to complain to my fiance in public ie on my cell or something by saying "Ugh...someone put a print on my table!!" and he knows exactly what I''m talking about
11.gif
Also, he loves to kiss my ring..while I think its cute and loveable ie before I put it away for the night it drives me nuts when I just took it out of the US and canned air''d it dry!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Anything that screams the 80''s. I am guilty of this as I have a ring that screams I was bought in the 80''s and need to have it reset.

Anyone touching my diamond and putting their finger print on the table. Now as soon as someone goes for it I pull my hand away, hehe.

People who have a ring, change it and change it and make a bigger mess than what they started with.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
1. My ring always turns! Whenever someone asks to see my ring I have to reposition it. So annoying! Hopefully sizing balls will help that one.

2. The clasps on my necklaces always slide to the front.

3. Knots in necklaces usually from traveling, they are SO hard to get out.

4. Rings on every finger. I personally only like rings on one finger per hand (stacking is fine).

5. Necklaces on guys....big ick

6. Also not a big fan of illusion settings like sistagrl mentioned.

7. People asking me if my ring is fake?!? I know I look young but come on! That''s just plain rude.

I think that''s it....

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
K...you hit on the one I totally forgot!

*80''s gold jewelry, typically with baguettes OR cluster settings!
2.gif

sistagrl2004

Shiny_Rock
O I really hate when people where EVERYTHING they own all at once!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Ditto Kaleigh!
I don’t like
Rings worn on finger other then the ring finger
People grabbing at my person to see something I have one
People not taking care of what they have (ie a lovely piece which has not been cleaning in a month and half)
People asking if they can wear my engagement ring (excluding fellow Pricescoper’s swapping for a moment)

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
no offense to anyone of course!

also agree, cluster anything (esp when the diamonds dont sparkle) screaming 80s
nameplates
flashy jewelry on men
yellow gold
RINGS THAT SPIN! othat are too loose (or in my case also when too tight
11.gif
)
cheap fake jewelry thats obviously cheap and fake
people touching my e-ring
29.gif

wearing everything one owns all at once
necklace clasps that start too loosen over time so the connecting loop can fall out

leeenie

Shiny_Rock
That mall-store setting with thick, sharp, crude prongs jutting a tiny stone 1 inch above the finger, looks totally disproportionate with a huge space between the culet and the bottom of the head...

big CZ earrings that look totally fake but the person is trying to pass off as diamonds.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey let''s not forget those frozen spit rings. That has to go to the top of the list
3.gif

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Jewelry-Pet-Peeves ...

* Women who wear everthing that they own on their fingers ... four rows deep, every finger covered ... and the rings do not look like they have been cleaned in 40 years!
14.gif

* Women who tell you that you had better be careful with your pave ring, because if you wash your hands with it on, the glue will eventually wear out and your lil'' diamonds will fall out.
20.gif

* Earrings that droop, and earrings that have ear-goo-buggies around them!
38.gif

and #1 jewelry pet peeve ...

* Seeing a pretty young girl self mutilate her face with multiple piercings, chains & saftey pins.
32.gif
23.gif
39.gif
38.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
That I cant wear it without lookin like a total dork!
So wifey2b will get all the fun.
But that''s ok she deserves it!!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
you girls have all these diamonds
21.gif
and i have NONE.
39.gif
39.gif

when a newbies post a poorly cut stone "still within the return period" and some members try to make them feel good. come on guys
35.gif
....tell them the truth before it''s too late.

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Storm & Dancing Fire ~
emrose.gif
face23.gif
emrose.gif

I happen to think that "some" men do look nice with jewelry. I happen to have seen a few gentlemen that had on a nice chain, or bracelet, or awesome watch ... gorgeous cuff links ... sparklie tie tack ... Diamond studed business card holder ... I think men can wear it too.

I like it to be conservative though, classic style, tasteful ... less is more attitude.
emotion-5.gif

My hubby doesn''t like to wear jewelry, with the exception of his wedding band and watch. I guess, that is ok though ... more for me right? (Ha,ha ... just joking)

Have a great weekend Storm & Dancing Fire!
35.gif

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
-- Rings or necklaces that spin around.
-- Single girls who wear bands or rings that could be engagement rings on their left ring finger. (It confuses me.)
-- Anything but the most conservative jewelry on men.
-- People who keep mentioning exactly how much their fiance spent on their e-ring. (I'm talking real-life; on here it seems to be more "is this a good deal?" and not bragging)

ETA: On TV, when necklaces keep changing length in each new shot. I have problems watching the "Boy Interrupted" episode of Sex and the City (with David Duchuvny) for this reason.

leeenie

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/25/2006 1:05:25 AM
Author: Blenheim

ETA: On TV, when necklaces keep changing length in each new shot. I have problems watching the ''Boy Interrupted'' episode of Sex and the City (with David Duchuvny) for this reason.
I totally noticed this!! When they''re on the lawn of the sanitarium and end of her lariat necklace keeps changing from long to short!!!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
*someone younger having a bigger stone than me
11.gif

Hehehe, Mara you crack me up
3.gif

My pet peeves:
* People asking to try on my Ering... look with your eyes, not with your hands!!!
* Asking if my Ering is ''real''
* Women looking at my jewellery and asking me questions and then proceeding to dictate to me why theirs is better/bigger/worth more (yes it''s disgusting, I know! But customers do it!! ALOT!!) I clearly look to young to own nice jewellery
33.gif
and therefore must be shot down in flames whenever wearing something beautiful... *deep breath*
* Multiple facial piercings
* Invisible settings
* Not caring for/maintaining diamonds and jewellery as they SO rightly deserve
28.gif

* Getting fluff caught in the claws on my claw set rings!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No offence intended but thick yellow gold neck chains on men, even worse with a medallion hanging off them
32.gif
Unless you are Tom Jones guys or a Bee Gee - don't go there!
emotion-41.gif
( I like the Bee Gees BTW!)

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
1. Dirty jewellery

2. Men wearing thick gold neck chains (medallion man)

3. Women wearing huge parrot ring earrings.

4. Body piercing..belly buttons, eyebrows, noses etc (sorry!)

Blod
31.gif

sparkly_stars

Brilliant_Rock
haha.. wow.. as each thing is listed (minus the ering since i don''t have that kind of problem ;-) haha) i keep thinking WOW I HATE THAT TOO! hehe,
but overall, with everything said, the one that drives me most is...

too many rings on each finger with ALL the fingers covered.
I work retail (part time while I''m in school) and you''d be surprised at how many people try to throw their "gawdy" stacks in my face (perhaps because my few chosen pieces are more tastefull?) hmm..

drives me nuts (and like it was said, they are usually very unclean, with the weird color of yellow gold.. ew.)

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What Shay37 said!
A co-worker of mine once tried to touch a pendant I was wearing. I kept backing away from her until she finally got the message. She hasn''t spoken to me since. Whenever someone asks to try on anything of mine, I say "No. I don''t permit it."
11.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results