shape
carat
color
clarity

Jewelry delivery day!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @missy! Do you ever wear hoops? I can't recall you ever posting any. Or are you a drops-girl only? Either way, your collection is truly sublime. :appl:

Aww, thank you @mrs-b. Your collection is stunning.:love:

Yes I am a hoops girl. I don't have my fave pair of diamond hoops with me at the shore house sadly but I love hoops. I feel sassy and spicy when I am wearing them. My fave pair are my 1.25" diamond hoops but I have a number of different hoops which I wear according to match my mood.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @Mcgregor :wavey:

Yes, these are quite the favorite with me! They were one of the most beautiful gifts I've ever received. :)

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy -

Have we ever seen your hoops? I don't recall them and I'd love to see them! Can I ask you the size of the diamonds in them? I'd like to do diamond hoops - I've ALWAYS wanted a pair! - but I go back and forth on the point size of the diamonds. I've often thought 5-8 pt stones, but that's pretty blingy, and I'd rather have a pair I could wear in a more every-day sense. So any direction on this would be very helpful!

Reactions: AV_

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy -

Have we ever seen your hoops? I don't recall them and I'd love to see them! Can I ask you the size of the diamonds in them? I'd like to do diamond hoops - I've ALWAYS wanted a pair! - but I go back and forth on the point size of the diamonds. I've often thought 5-8 pt stones, but that's pretty blingy, and I'd rather have a pair I could wear in a more every-day sense. So any direction on this would be very helpful!

Gee, I wish I had my hoops with me. Let me see if I have any photos of them on my computer to share with you. As for size I cannot remember. My memory is terrible sorry. If I had to guess I would say anywhere from 6-8 pointers. But just a guess. It's been a long time since I wore them as we have been at the shore since May. OK off to search for photos. BRB.

Not the best photos but what I have right now to share. Hope it helps.

Old photos but all I have right now. When (if we ever return, JK) we get back to NYC I will find out more deets if it's not too late.

This pair is my favorite. Light and comfy and the perfect size IMO.

hoopsincarwithkitties.jpeg

Some of my diamond hoops.

The blingy pave earrings in the blue box are so pretty but too heavy for me to wear. Now I can only tolerate 2-2.5 grams per ear.
hoopsandhuggies.png

swarovskihoops.jpg

LOL going to share a very old photo. My fave hoops are in it though so that is why I am sharing it. I had bangs so we know it's an old photo and my natural dark hair was still dark. Miss that. And I had my original ER and WB set. OMG. @mrs-b just fyi it's because I care about you and want to share what I have with you that I am daring to post this terrible photo. :oops2: And I am actually wearing makeup. That was a long time ago.:lol:

diamondhoopsandphone.jpeg
At work and on the phone. Probably chatting with Greg.:bigsmile:

@mrs-b go to a jewelry store that has them and try on different sizes to see what you prefer and what looks best on you. I think 5-8 pointers would be beautiful on you.

MrsBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Possibly the best days of my life are those I call 'jewelry delivery day', and today was one such day. :mrgreen:

20191004_181548.jpg

These earrings are absolutely stunning but the knitter in me is equally fascinated by the lovely textured background. Is that a cashmere scarf? I never thought to work a fisherman's rib in a fine gauge. Gorgeous!

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    357 bytes · Views: 57
  • image.png
    image.png
    357 bytes · Views: 47

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice updates! Great idea to take things you love to the next level!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy -

This is all sorts of helpful - thank you! Your hoops look wonderful on you - a perfect size and shape for your face. I tried on some hoops a few years back, thinking I'd get a pair, and I think they were 5 points, then again some at 8 points. I loved them, but they were just more blingy than what I'd wear on a daily basis, and I would like these to be more casual (I think). I'm thinking 1.65" in white gold, with 3 point stones. I know that's pretty small, but since the first ones I had were with horrible quality 1pt stones and sparkled not one little bit, these would be a huge step up! I also have some very nice quality 3 point stones that are hanging around doing nothing, so I'm thinking this might be the way forward.

And I love the photo of you at work - the make up suits you - altho no make up suits you also. I'm a no make up kinda girl, myself. I spend a bunch of money coloring my hair, I dye my eye lashes, I wear clear lip gloss - and that's it for me. I take my hat off to women who make the daily effort of makeup; somewhere in there, I got old and lazy! But I have to say - make up or no make up, you look particularly good wearing diamond hoops!! If I decide to join you in that I'll let you know! And thank you for these photos - it really helped.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MrsBlue - you have a good eye! Yes - cashmere. Everything else irritates my skin, so all my knitwear is cashmere and it's pretty much all I wear in winter. The above piece is a scarf, and I have a couple in that style; in MA, good scarves are essential!!

Thanks, @tyty333. :)) I'm at an age where I no longer want to perpetually buy new things or go bigger and bigger. I'd just like the pieces I have to be best quality possible, y'know? I'm very happy with these changes and - altho I might do diamond hoops - this would be in the distance, and I see no more upgrades or new pieces apart from that; I simply wouldn't wear them.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results