shape
carat
color
clarity

Jeweller recommendations in Hong Kong/Singapore

veridot

Rough_Rock
Calling out to PSers based in this side of the world!

I've been a long time reader of this forum, and have poured over many threads about the amazing jewellers based in North America. As amazing as they seem, however, I would appreciate a way to get the quality from talented local jewellers.

Can the more experienced PSers based in Hong Kong/Singapore please help me out? My main focus is to find someone who can do beautiful custom settings (including details like milgrain and engraving), but ideally they would also be able to handle things like plating and resets. Thanks so much in advance!

Last edited:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WHat level of work are you looking for? SK, VC Caysie? DK? Whiteflash?

veridot

Rough_Rock
I love Caysie and DK's work - something around their level of work would be perfect. Lower cost, however, wouldn't hurt!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wish I had an answer for you. I would like to know as well. The places I’ve seen have not impressed me and mostly are just traditional stores. Even the more modern and popular chains show just mediocre work. I do like Just Gold for their creative and modern takes on 24k. Maybe you should pop into VCA and ask them who they use to make their adjustments. I would assume they make those locally and do not send them out.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven't been but follow a singapore jeweler called Madly Gems online, may be worth talking with them ....if you go please let us know your thoughts!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jannpaul in Singapore sounds good. You may check their Youtube videos for a better idea~
Yup, For top cut stones but for settings..
Idunno1.gif

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I would trust Jann Paul for stones and setting. Or the sister/parent shop.

JustinL

Rough_Rock
I would recommend YS Jewellers in Far East Plaza, Singapore. Very friendly couple from Hong Kong but the have migrated here in Singapore for many years. I love their workmanship and patience. They will also draw out in the CAD format and let u see before proceed with the works.

EncikG

Shiny_Rock
IDK anything about expensive settings. :read: My tension setting cost me $240 bucks...:oops:

That’s cheap right. I would have no idea.
Guess every custom job is different

Double E

Brilliant_Rock
OP, if you are considering looking for settings in HK, I believe u could find several nice ones. Below are just some I know available in some small HK stores.
30647D48-9722-4B58-AF0C-50095FE1CBDF.jpeg E4DB97B6-B647-43D2-951A-D7E19A2C4487.jpeg D03CF755-C8EB-408D-A9CF-46A731B730BC.jpeg
However they are not custom made, and I am not sure if adjustment could be made when desired as it’s not common practice in HK. My feeling is it’s not easy to find someone who are able to custom make and make it well with quality close to those PS vendors.

So are you having a very specific idea for your setting? Or just looking for a particular style? This would determine how far you can go locally. Not to mention it’s hard to source ideal stone.

Last edited:

veridot

Rough_Rock
Thank you all very much for your replies. I've been insanely busy with work, but will take a good look at all your recommendations in the coming week.

I've tried to reach out to a small scale jeweller in HK, but she wasn't willing for me to source the stone on my own...! I definitely want to get something from NA.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OP, if you are considering looking for settings in HK, I believe u could find several nice ones. Below are just some I know available in some small HK stores.
30647D48-9722-4B58-AF0C-50095FE1CBDF.jpeg E4DB97B6-B647-43D2-951A-D7E19A2C4487.jpeg D03CF755-C8EB-408D-A9CF-46A731B730BC.jpeg
However they are not custom made, and I am not sure if adjustment could be made when desired as it’s not common practice in HK. My feeling is it’s not easy to find someone who are able to custom make and make it well with quality close to those PS vendors.

So are you having a very specific idea for your setting? Or just looking for a particular style? This would determine how far you can go locally. Not to mention it’s hard to source ideal stone.
Do you know if the vendor would be willing to fix those horrendous prongs and make them claw like and dainty? TBH if I was in HK and had no choice I would consider going into Graff. I would assume there is one there. Their settings are actually quite nice. I saw a three stone that was done beautifully to scale to emphasize the center stone and the height and tilt of the side stones were quite perfect. My only complaint was that the center stone was a tad high, but I’m weird and like really low set rings.

Reactions: D&T

Double E

Brilliant_Rock
Do you know if the vendor would be willing to fix those horrendous prongs and make them claw like and dainty? TBH if I was in HK and had no choice I would consider going into Graff. I would assume there is one there. Their settings are actually quite nice. I saw a three stone that was done beautifully to scale to emphasize the center stone and the height and tilt of the side stones were quite perfect. My only complaint was that the center stone was a tad high, but I’m weird and like really low set rings.
I believe the center stones are not yet set into the settings in the photos:) And there are some nice works from Graff online catalog, I found they have 3 stores in HK~

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I believe the center stones are not yet set into the settings in the photos:) And there are some nice works from Graff online catalog, I found they have 3 stores in HK~
LOL. And they’re overpriced. But not nearly as insane as Harry Winston. And I am not impressed by HW basic settings.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results