shape
carat
color
clarity

Jeweler in DC/ N. VA area?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

effie

Rough_Rock
Can anyone recommend a jeweler in the washington DC N. Va area? We were going to plan a trip to browse, and I''m not sure where to go. Anyone that does custom work for a reasonable price as well?

Also, has anyone ever heard of a designer named Marraccini? If so, any thoughts?

thanks!

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
See Quest Jewelers referenced here for custom work.

For more on browsing in DC, do a search on DC for a number of comments. I wish I was more in love with the options.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
As Regular Guy mentioned Quest is great for custom work. I just had my asscher ring done by them and they did an outstanding job.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I second Quest for the custom work. they did a setting for me you can find
here

questcustomset2.jpg

keleigh''s masterpiece

kasscher02.JPG

if you do a search a few other thread''s will pop up. they made diamondlil''s rings and noobie''s wife ring too...their prices are very reasonable and the quality very good IMO..

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/22/2005 11:49:45 PM
Author: Virginia
I just went to Charleston Alexander in Falls Church, VA today. It was amazing! The sales person I worked with (Elizabeth) was so helpful! They have quite a bit of inventory and I was able to see 4 ideal cut 1.5ish stones (G,H,I,J) side to side on a white background. It was really helpful! I think it is a good place to start and after months of looking online and price comparing I found the prices to be reasonable.

Happy Hunting!
Encouraging to hear about Charleston Alexander (CA). I know also they''re one of the very few places in town that also have sarin apparatus, to ostensibly help you evaluate their many GIA options (and they uniquely may have OGI too to double check?, or when sarin is down?). Also, they''re on the verge of having another store open in Bethesda.

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Here is another recommendation for Quest for a custom design. My pear split-shank and eternity band was made by Quest. They don''t have a huge showroom for diamond comparisons, but they have done a ton of custom work for people who have purchased diamonds from one of the great on-line vendors here.

someday

Rough_Rock

I cannot remember his real name, but Capitol Bill here is in the Tysons Cornor area, icemine.com. I don''t know if the prices are good, but he is a very nice man and know his stuff.

For charlston alenadr...I went there one time and they tried to push me into buying some reallu bad stones, calling it good or ldeal cut. So Idon''tknow if I got a bad sells lady or what. Just my thought and experience.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree to check with Bill at Icemine.com too. he provided the princess stone for tareyton''s awesome ring here

E-ring%20010-1.jpg

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/23/2005 10:11:34 AM
Author: someday

I cannot remember his real name, but Capitol Bill here is in the Tysons Cornor area, icemine.com. I don''t know if the prices are good, but he is a very nice man and know his stuff.

For charlston alenadr...I went there one time and they tried to push me into buying some reallu bad stones, calling it good or ldeal cut. So Idon''tknow if I got a bad sells lady or what. Just my thought and experience.

Bill Scherlag does seem like a nice guy also (he happily pointed me to a couple third party resources for pearls), but I''m not sure he''s set up for browsing...more for when you have a clearer idea of what you want, and where he can bring something in for that purpose.

Sorry to hear about the unen-ness re CA. I''m guessing that, despite lack of excellent customer service, they can still be a good resource if you already know what you want.

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Effie, here is a new thread recently started with some of Quest''s fine custom work. Enjoy . . .
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results