shape
carat
color
clarity

"Jedi" red spinel, cobalt spinel, and diamond ring ideas

negative space wouldn’t bother me if the result is something like this :love:
6038A48E-000A-4953-9309-45D7F9A0B7BD.jpeg

I didn’t realize I changed any of your stone proportions - so I do apologize if that made your task more difficult. :)

Not at all! Your idea was awesome, and I really appreciate YOU taking the time to mock it up for me. Yeah, this is a lovely lacy design. :kiss2:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am no help with the details of the design, but I love the colorful design and the “burst” layout. Like some others have said, the pears speak to me more than the other option if you can make it work layout wise.

That lacy design though :kiss2:

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So I had to tweak @Rfisher's design a bit just to make everything to-scale with the actual stone sizes (I also wanted to avoid too much negative space, so I added the inner diamond halo back in). I did lose some of the starburst effect in the process though, and now it looks more rounded. The pears would be 4x2.5mm here, so I wouldn't want to go any smaller with them. Hmm... what do you guys think?

Capturejuij.JPG Capturejobs.JPG

Both are stunning options! If I look at the designs individually instead of side by side, the cobalt spinels look more prominent and stand out as a frame to the red spinel in the original design. In the second design the cobalt spinels still pop, but more as an accent to the red spinel, to my eyes. I love both design and would want one of each ;)), but I really like the frame of cobalts in the first design. I think it comes down to personal preferences and either will be gorgeous!

Both are stunning options! If I look at the designs individually instead of side by side, the cobalt spinels look more prominent and stand out as a frame to the red spinel in the original design. In the second design the cobalt spinels still pop, but more as an accent to the red spinel, to my eyes. I love both design and would want one of each ;)), but I really like the frame of cobalts in the first design. I think it comes down to personal preferences and either will be gorgeous!

Thank you! I really love Rfisher's design. To keep that beautiful starburst shape though, I'd have to make the pears too small. That's the only thing giving me pause. Maybe someone more creative than me can figure it out.
pokewithastick.gif

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Instead of one large pear what about two small pears where the butts meet and the tops are angled towards the cobalt spinels? Or two marquise angled alongside the spinels?

Instead of one large pear what about two small pears where the butts meet and the tops are angled towards the cobalt spinels? Or two marquise angled alongside the spinels?

Those are great ideas! Actually, my first mock up using Rfisher's design was with marquise. The problem was that the fattest part of the marquise was aligned with the fattest part of the rounds (whereas the pear butts are higher up... this sounds so funny... high butts!). So, again, I had to make them too small. I think the same thing might happen if I do the pears butt-to-butt. I'm definitely going to give it a try though. Thank you!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are great ideas! Actually, my first mock up using Rfisher's design was with marquise. The problem was that the fattest part of the marquise was aligned with the fattest part of the rounds (whereas the pear butts are higher up... this sounds so funny... high butts!). So, again, I had to make them too small. I think the same thing might happen if I do the pears butt-to-butt. I'm definitely going to give it a try though. Thank you!

I couldn't resist. This was the first thing I thought of.

1ek8gh9a3lo51.jpg

KLC

Shiny_Rock
So I had to tweak @Rfisher's design a bit just to make everything to-scale with the actual stone sizes (I also wanted to avoid too much negative space, so I added the inner diamond halo back in). I did lose some of the starburst effect in the process though, and now it looks more rounded. The pears would be 4x2.5mm here, so I wouldn't want to go any smaller with them. Hmm... what do you guys think?

Capturejuij.JPG Capturejobs.JPG

I really love the bottom design. But both are beautiful and I'm jealous no matter which design you choose.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am going gaga over that sapphire ring!!!! Excited to see yours on hand Autumn! Love the creativity!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results