shape
carat
color
clarity

Jeans

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
I'm looking to buy a new pair of jeans tonight and I was wondering what the best pair to buy was? I have several pairs of 7 For All Mankind (sevens) and Citizens of Humanity, but wanted to try Joe's Jeans since my one friend RAVES about them. What do you ladies suggest???

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
there are a few old threads about jeans around here as us PS'ers love our jeans!!...but i have citizens, sevens, paper and denim, and AG and love all of them in different ways. i really want a pair of sevens A pocket jeans right now....my current 'must have'. i have friends also who rave about joe's but i haven't tried them yet. actually i just had a friend recommend them again to me today. she said she's always a size smaller in them. haha.

i also really love american eagle jeans (www.ae.com) for some basic cheapos ($25-45) to intermix with the more expensive pairs i have...and that way if you jump up or down a size it's no biggie to replace them. i have a bunch of AG jeans that cost me $100-150 and they don't fit, they are 1-2 sizes too big. so i am going to sell them on ebay i guess. but with $30 jeans, i don't care if i replace them!

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Mara - it''s funny because I just did a search for jeans and noticed all the previous topics! I actually saw the show that Oprah had about jeans and loved the pair she picked (I''m just learning now that they were AGs - I had never heard of them before).

I have a gift certificate to Bloomingdale''s so, I''m running over there after work. I know they carry Joe''s Jeans, but I''ll have to look around for AG.

I have the opposite problem you have - all my old jeans are a size too small - seems that I was slightly skinner during my single days!
2.gif
Selling them on Ebay is a great idea! I wonder how much you can get for them?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i don''t know...i would imagine not too much actually. i looked on ebay the other day and becuase there are so many NEW with tags kinda jeans being sold for low..aka $75..it seems like no one wants to pay $40-50 or whatever for some used ones. greg says i should just take them to a consignment shop and probably could get more for them. i also have a bunch of too big juicy hoodies i want to get rid of...that are almost new. so we''ll have to see what i can do...i don''t know that i want to hassle with ebay really.

Giada

Shiny_Rock
I have a couple pairs of Joe''s and I really like them! I bought The Socialite in a really dark wash and I find myself reaching for those quite often when I go out. I also have The Rocker in a little bit lighter wash and wear those a lot more casually.

Their sizes run very close to Sevens, which are my second favorites!

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
I know what you mean - I think Ebay is great if you''re a buyer, but as a seller, it can be a bit of a hassle. Thanks for the info!

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/28/2006 3:25:43 PM
Author: Giada
I have a couple pairs of Joe''s and I really like them! I bought The Socialite in a really dark wash and I find myself reaching for those quite often when I go out. I also have The Rocker in a little bit lighter wash and wear those a lot more casually.

Their sizes run very close to Sevens, which are my second favorites!

Thanks Giada - I''m interested in buying the really dark wash so, I''ll keep an eye out for The Socialite. I feel like the darker washed jeans are perfect for a night out on the town and make any outfit appear more dressed up.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I think I am the only person here who wears Miss Sixties---but I luv ''em...I believe I have most of their cuts/washes except for the super low rise and capri''s.....

cheers--Sharon

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
Joe''s Jeans are super cute but look horrible on me because I don''t have much of a butt. They look awesome on my best friend who has junk in the trunk. It depends on your body. Sevens are the only ones that work for my pancake butt.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
In my honest opinion, i think whichever ones fit are the ones to buy! i tried nearly every pair of high end jeans and all i could fit into are the AG merlot jeans.

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love jeans, they are my newest "hobby."
9.gif

I have a pair of AG Legends. The ones that Oprah recommended are the Club style. I also have a couple pairs of Sevens (kids lavender A pockets and nakita wash). I have Rock and Republic (they have tons of washes, cuts and love their pockets!) but in terms of fit, I like Paige the best. She has some beautiful floral pockets and her waistbands are higher in the back so when you bend over, there is minimal gap.

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
I know - I love jeans too! I haven''t bought a pair in about a year so, I was curious to see what all is out there. I ended up buying a pair of Joe''s Jeans, the Honey style. I was torn between those and a pair of AG jeans (the Club style). Both were great and extremely flattering on me with the only difference being the color. The Joe''s Jeans had a slight fade to them which I liked where as the AG jeans were a solid color all the way down the leg. Thanks for all the help ladies!
36.gif

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
If all else fails, try on a few pairs of Paige Premium jeans. I was at Bloomingdales trying on about 20 pairs of jeans and the only ones I liked were one of the Paige jeans. Apparently lots of other women like Paige too.

I found some past-season Joe''s Jeans and 7 for all Mankind at Marshall''s...such great deals! I think the reason why they end up at Marshall''s is because they are mis-sized. I know Loehmann''s also has past-season premium denim too for $40-80.

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think Bloomingdales has the best selection of Paiges, Bloomingdales actually carries the Paige Petites line. I hope that Paige comes out with more styles in Petites.

I got a pair of Paige cropped jeans at Loehmann's but went back last week and they didn't have anymore
7.gif
I have also seen them at Nordstrom Rack.

Giada

Shiny_Rock
For any other petite ladies out there, Joe''s has a new style made just for the more diminutive.
emteeth.gif

I''m 5''1" and wear a size 24 in jeans. Normally I have to take almost a foot off of the hem. The new Joe''s for petite ladies are great because they have a higher knee break and shorter inseam. I''ve tried them on and really love them and they will be my next purchase for sure!

(I think they are called "The Provacateur").

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Giada- thanks for the heads up! i need to be on the look out for those!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
so today i went to nordies and spent a good amount of time trying on some jeans. they had a bunch of seven''s but no A pockets in my size, so i tried some regular ones. tried some AGs to see what size i am now. tried some paige ones. and some other brand i can''t recall right now!! oh and a citizens pair of trouser style.

i fell in absolute LOVE with the paige hollywood hills style in dark clean. super flattering, makes my butt look really perky, nice long lean looking leg. i was so tempted to get them. but i am going to see if i can find a better deal online before ponying up the retail price to nordies ($170). but at least i know they have them in my size. bonus was that i am a smaller size in them also. and i was a smaller size in sevens too. always mentally nice, hahaa.

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Heh heh heh......Mara....you HAVE to come to the dark side!!!! I''ve converted CareBear as well to the world of Paiges! Muahahahaha!!!
9.gif

They have some good deals on ebay, but you have to be careful, they actually have fake Paiges out now.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/29/2006 10:00:31 AM
Author: Giada
For any other petite ladies out there, Joe''s has a new style made just for the more diminutive.
emteeth.gif

I''m 5''1'' and wear a size 24 in jeans. Normally I have to take almost a foot off of the hem. The new Joe''s for petite ladies are great because they have a higher knee break and shorter inseam. I''ve tried them on and really love them and they will be my next purchase for sure!

(I think they are called ''The Provacateur'').

You are right. The legs aren''t just shorter. The whole fit was made for shorter woman. We featured these and they were still too long on me (I am also 5''1") Surprisingly express jeans are always a good length for me.

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
I loved 7s and Citizens, until I bought a pair of SALTS! WOW! These are the best jeans I have ever owned. I now have 4 pairs...

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
i am addicted to Paige jeans! THey make my non-esistent flat asian @ss look perky and my legs look even longer! my faves are the laurel canyons. hollywood hills are nice fit also, but have a higher rise than i like. they have really nice washes and cute pocket designs (i have dark clean, mediaum clean, winter rose in medium clean, and antique rose in lagoon) I always get compliments on them. Revolve has them and the stock replensishes/changes regularly and they're always having sales or codes so i've never paid retail on any of them!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol lucky...yeah i''ve converted over to the dark side, OFFICIALLY!!!

i just bought my first pair of paige LC''s in the ''dark scrape'' wash on eLux. keeping fingers crossed i like the style as much as i did the HH. the HH had a slightly higher rise which i wasn''t SUPER crazy about so considering that the LC is the most popular style for paige, hopefully i will like it just as much if not better.

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OMG Mara...it IS you on AF!!!
36.gif
You''ve officially gone to the dark side!
9.gif

Heehee.....I am sooo jealous that you got the elux Paige LC dark scrape, I was looking for some 24s and couldn''t find any. I think you''ll like the lower rise of the LC. I''m contemplating getting the Paige Petites in 24, I really love the Lagoon wash. I also got Hidden Hills (with the higher rise) for those times of the month when I''m feeling like I have total muffin top hanging out
2.gif

I feel another trip to Stanford coming up soon, since we''ll have to hit Bloomies, Macys, VS and of course Darren McClung!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol lh..yeah i saw you posted on there saying that the 24s were all gone and i was like that has to be her! hehe. esp since i know you are a total denim lover.

yeah i was hemming and hawing last nite about the LC's in the dark scrape, i was torn between that one and the other wash i posted about...and also i hate not being totally sure about my size...even though the 28s in the HH fit me perfectly. so i'm hoping the LC fit is similar for my body. this morning i saw the LC in DS were still there and i was like oh why not...haha. still cheaper than buying them at nordies locally! i was also tempted to get one of the seven's A pockets they had on eLux for a GREAT price, but i thought yikes i don't want to pony up for 2 pairs of jeans right now. i'm supposed to be on a shopping hiatus after xmas and my b-bag...hee hee.

but OH YEAH stanford at some point sounds good! after bgame...lol! OH and that reminds me, i did hit up VS yesterday at VF and got a few bras..woo hoo. though i have to say those girls have no idea what they are doing. i wanted this one style in a pink and a black and the shopgal ran off and got me a full coverage in black and not a demi so i got home and i was like woah this is a pretty full coverage demi, DOH. it IS FC. so now i have to return that one at some point...but at least i have the pink one in the demi and i also got a nude one in another all cotton style.

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You got a GREAT price for the Paiges! I know you''ll definitely like the LC better than the HH....usually if Paiges are a little tight they stretch out a bit and it will fit perfectly, just don''t put them in the dryer after washing. Which SFAM A pockets were you looking at? Is it the Bermuda wash? I''m glad that you got the Paiges instead. I went to Union Square today and the Macy''s there had a HUGE SFAM section! They also had a pretty good Paige section with the black Las Palmas, dark clean, medium clean, pico, and even had the denim jacket with the Fairfax pockets.

Yeah the gals at VS don''t know what they''re doing, I usually avoid them when I''m at the store. I''ll have to order the ones I like from online since they told me that they''re disctontinuing them.
7.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yeah it was the A Bermuda but the wash didn''t look totally like i''d love it.

i can''t wait to get the paiges, i hope i like em!

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
i''ve been recommending paige jeans on every jeans thread that pops up.
9.gif
i found them a while back when i was looking for a less-adorned back pocket -- something a little more understated. the fit on these jeans is incredible and they are incredibly well made. i have gotten them at revolve with discounts and coupons. the hollywood hills fall into my more everyday, daytime, absolutely comfortable and flattering jeans. whereas the laurel canyons are my going out, nighttime, looking foxy jeans.

i also like joes jeans -- the socialite -- but since finding paige jeans i''m pretty much hooked.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like Adriana Goldenschmeids or whatever (AG''s) and I think Paige denim and Hudson are great...it really so depends on your shape. Also, anything with stretch will give a lot and so make sure they are not loose in the store because they will get bigger as you wear them. A bit snug is better and they will give a bit so they are comfy but not droopy...

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry to hijack this thread but can anyone give me advice on sizing of the Paige''s. I have a pair of Joe''s socialite in size 30 that I bought (last year
2.gif
) when I was in the US. They stretched and I should have gone down a size. The I bought from revolve a pair of AG''s capri style in a 30 and they are a wee bit snug. I want to get some Paige''s from Ebay very cheap but don''t know whether to go down to a 29. I don''t want the dreaded muffin top look so any advice would be appreciated

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/30/2006 11:41:35 AM
Author: gingerBcookie
i am addicted to Paige jeans! THey make my non-esistent flat asian @ss look perky and my legs look even longer! my faves are the laurel canyons. hollywood hills are nice fit also, but have a higher rise than i like. they have really nice washes and cute pocket designs (i have dark clean, mediaum clean, winter rose in medium clean, and antique rose in lagoon) I always get compliments on them. Revolve has them and the stock replensishes/changes regularly and they're always having sales or codes so i've never paid retail on any of them!
I've heard all great reviews for Paige jeans, but the ones I tried on were really low-rise in the front. Is the Laurel Canyon style very low? I really could use for a rear-end perk!

Also, how is their sizing? Pretty much true-to-size? I'm a 25 in Seven's. . .

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results