shape
carat
color
clarity

Jeans

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

berkley

Rough_Rock
Ok, then.... so I ordered! Should be here in a couple of days! Yay!
1.gif

btw, 3ZUEQP3 gets ya 10% off $100 or more at bluefly...

Can''t wait till they''re here!!

Nothin like good ol'' e-shopping right before bed!

Change into jammies - check!
Brush/floss teeth - check!
Let dogs outside - check!
Buy some more clothes - check!

honeybee

Rough_Rock
*************************** Attn Mara!!*************************
I was just browsing Overstock.com and they have a bunch of Yanuk jeans in 28s for like $70. Just thought I''d give you a heads up
emangel.gif
Now if I could just find some Joe''s for that price!

I also have a question for fellow Joe''s jeans wearers. What other brands/styles do you love?

Right now I mainly wear Joes, Indies (by Joes) , and American Eagle, but am always on the lookout. I have some AG logic jeans that I wear occasionally, but they are just too narrow of a leg (as in tight in the thigh down to the knee) for everyday wear, and generally only look good on me with a really high heel. I''ve had my eye on COH faye jeans for a while, but haven''t gotten to the mall to try them on. Any recommendations?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I saw Paiges at Costco for $114. I don''t know how much they usually cost but I thought I would let you all know in case your are Paige fans.

I am boring I love my Calvin Kliens.

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I heard that Costco sold Paiges! Too bad my Costco Doesn''t sell them....
emcry.gif
I hope that someone scores some cute pairs!

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
oh happy jean day! my new paige arrived! i recently rearranged my closet and the jean section is now divided up into piage vs non-paige
9.gif
. i looked at my paige section and thought whoah, almost exactly ONE year ago i bought my first paige with the thought "ok, i''ll buy just one NICE pair of jeans (mostly i buy $20 jeans at mall boutiques) since it IS my bachelorette party, then i''ll go back to my cheapies." EH. wrong. Fell into complete and TOTAL addiction and I now own:

Laurel canyon -
Dark clean with crease
Medium clean with crease
Lagoon w/ Antique rose pocket
Medium clean w/ winter rose pocket
Midnight rocker 5/u pocket (newest aquisistion)

AND i got em all for under retail
3.gif
. kinda wish i had found the medium clean with winter rose BEFORE i bought and used the plain medium clean cuz now i feel like doubled up, but oh well. You''d think I''d be satisfied but now i ithing to delve into the pico''s -- the pockets look so cute and very tuchis flattering. any one have em? are they similar fit to LCs w/ diff pockets or are they slimmer/higher rise/more flare-y?

just_looking!

Brilliant_Rock
You guys are such ''enablers''....
11.gif

Just waiting for a pair of Citizens of Humanity Kelly''s in Dark Pacific Blue, Seven for All Mankind pink A pockets (medium wash) to come through and ditto on a pair of Paige Melrose Place in Dark Resin.

The COH''s are my size and stretch, the Seven''s will be a little snug as they''re rigid, but should wear in and the Paiges I think I''ll struggle to zip up for the next few weeks, but they should ease a little.

Think I''ve covered all bases on the size front?
9.gif
Must stop now until I''ve lost a bit more weight......
12.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
ginger i missed your post about your paige collection, wow you go girl!! i have three pairs, two LC''s and a Pico. i really like the pico for when you want to oomph up the bootie...hehee.

just looking, congrats on your new purchases. i haven''t bought any more new jeans lately, i tend to wear them less in the summer months, i still wear them to work some day but i am more about linen and cotton when it''s hot and jeans during fall and winter!! sometimes when i put the jeans on and it''s warm outside i feel like ''wow why is this denim so thick'' hahaha.

just_looking!

Brilliant_Rock
I wear jeans for work around the construction site so am used to wearing them when the actual temperature is 42 deg C and higher with up to 80% humidity when it really feels like 60 deg C!! Hot, hot, hotter!!
14.gif

My new purchases are a little longer so I think that they''ll be for social occasions with heels as I don''t see many safety boots with a 3" heel!?
11.gif

Hemming using the original hem technique hasn''t arrived in this area of the middle east so I think I''ll hold off getting the new ones hemmed shorter and look out for some already shortened on ebay.
12.gif

I take a 33" with work boots so they may fit if I don''t have too much dragging on the ground. Mustn''t trip up or I''ll have to write an 11 page incident report and vanity will not be an acceptable excuse?
41.gif

just_looking!

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! Citizens of Humanity Kelly''s arrived.. Either I''ve lost more weight than I realised or these stretch out really quickly?

I tried this size on back at the end of May and they were snug. I''ve lost 3kg since then so maybe it was hip / lower belly inches I lost! I''m wearing them with a belt as posting anything back to the US is a pain - hoping they will wash smaller. They''re just the right length for my safety boots and the slightly distressed wash hides all the dust and sand - result!!

Hoping to get pregnant later this year so justifying to myself that they can be 1st trimester jeans before my belly ''pops''.

Others are straight fit so hoping they will run a little smaller? Been a little premptive and have a few ebay purchases in the next size down on order. Habitual runs small and the Denim of Virtues are slim fit too.

I''m a smallish UK 14 or US 10 at the moment and the Kelly''s are a 32 so maybe I just bought too large a size? I''m 1.73m (5''8") tall and weigh 71kg (157lb).

I''ll never work out how jeans sizes work and various fits for different makes so this may be an opportunity to try a few brands and styles?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
just wanted to give my fellow jean lovers an update. i loved reading about your new jeans just looking!!

i visited nordstrom rack today and made out like a jean bandit!! i got a pair of Paige Fairfax, a pair of Joe's Honey and a pair of Juicy stretch jeans...all for 1/2 off basically. woo hoo. they had a ton of Paiges too but only like 1-2 in my size. the Fairfax style is one i have not seen before with back decorated buttoned pockets, and it's super cute on! the juicy ones are very comfy and flattering and were already hemmed to about a 31.5" which works perfectly with the 2" small heels i have on today! the joe's i have tried on previously but when i lost all that weight i also lost my butt but now i have been doing butt exercises and climbing some hills so it has definitely come back, so it finally works in the Honey style, their back pockets are very flattering.
2.gif

the joe's also seem to run a size too big as they are a bit loose but i can shrink them in the dryer, since i am having what feels like a bloated day i didn't want to try squeezing into the smaller size. hehee.

just_looking!

Brilliant_Rock
Have a confession to make - I''ve turned into a bit of a designer jean addict! Ebay is bad for me
11.gif
and I promise (fingers crossed)
12.gif
that I will only buy more jeans if I know will fit me. From now on I will actually measure myself and take Zafu''s advice on sizing!!

Have found my new jeans love!! Habitual Standard Glory in Deep End (medium slightly distressed wash with maltese pockets) are just right at 34" for work!! I have the Standard Glory in The City (very dark wash), but they run just a little smaller as the denim is more rigid and are great for evenings out.

I''m also really liking my Citizens of Humanity Ava''s and the Paige Melrose''s, despite the fact that I bought them in a 32 when I''m more like a 30-31! They''re too long for work boots (35"), but the straight fit means they just wrinkle up a bit and so no danger of tripping!

I bought some second hand Paige Skyline Drive''s on ebay and they''re fun, but too form fitting for work. I wasn''t sure that skinny jeans would suit, but I liked the las palmas pockets and they were a steal! I don''t have any nice flats to wear with them so now I''m looking for shoes - bad, bad, bad! I bought a smaller size and had doubts as soon as I won the bid, but they actually fit! Not sure if these run big or the pair I bought were stretched out a bit? Yay for Paige Geller!!

The denim of virtue''s are ok, but I''m not totally jazzed on the wash or the fit so I won''t be buying these again... Pockets the finish too low on my rear don''t flatter at all, despite all the hoopla about that making your rear look perkier!!

Now I just need to work out which styles I love, keep the larger sizes for a rainy day and ebay the ones I''m not in love with!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results