shape
carat
color
clarity

Jeans

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Just bought a pair of Hollywood Hills in Barcelona Blue -- ooooh, they''re fabulous!! I tried on a bunch of different jeans -- the HHs, Laurel Canyons, Joe''s Honeys and Provacateurs, Sevens, and AG Angels -- and hubby crowned the Hollywood Hills the sexiest and best fitting. The AG Angels were a *super* close second though -- wow, those are awesome jeans. They felt like velvet on -- so yummy!

I paid full price for the Paiges at Bloomies but I''m still on the lookout for a better price on them. They only had one HH in my size so I wanted to snap it up, but now that I have them, I can hold off on wearing them for a week or so to see if any good online deals pop up! I am *definitely* going to keep my eyes open for AG Angels too ... I just can''t get over the feel of that denim!
18.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrats ela!! i love AG angels too...i am still keeping my eyes open for hollywood hills too in dark clean or similar as i wouldn't mind having one medium low rise jean in my wardrobe. but i have to say that the paige's really perked my butt up and made it look yummy...since i lost a bit of weight my butt has flattened out a bit and i'm used to being more bootylicious so now i have to rely on jean lifting i guess, lol!

on a fun note, i ordered some juicy hoodies from shopbop last week (sean and hitch) and they just arrived, so at least i have these to tide me over til my new jeans arrive. i am also currently obsessed with wedge shoes....but am trying to be good til spring because i am sure there will be so many cute shoes out there, i really don't need any more closed toe shoes for this winter/early spring!!

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Yep, my hubby Q was making all sorts of nice comments on my derriere in the Paiges
31.gif

And I just lucked out on a pair of AG Angels too! Heeeehee! Found them for $120 on sale online plus I found a 15% discount code, so I got them for $96 -- yahooo!! The site said the discount wouldn't go through on sale items, but I tried it anyway, and SCORE, it went through
36.gif
The site does free shipping and free returns so I figured I really had nothing to lose. The color is different from what I tried on in Bloomies (tried on and loved the emerald wash), but this one (lyric) looks good too.

I'm SO getting Q into the "right" way of thinking, too -- he now thinks that I'm a "bargain hunter" by getting $150 jeans for $96 -- hahah! I love him
1.gif

ETA: Mara, you were actually the first person I'd ever heard mention AG jeans, so thanks for the heads up! Oh, and FYI, I got the Angels at fashionchateau.com.

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
ellaila - congrats on your new Paiges! I love the Barcelona Blue color. I hope you find a good deal online, I haven''t had that kind of luck with my size but everyone seems to get great deals.

I also like the AG Angels, I actually got a pair of black AG Angel cords and they are so comfy.

I''ve been itching to get my latest purchases - a Paige Petite in size 25 and various R&Rs which hopefully will be arriving tomorrow.

Mara, I''ve been obssessing about wedge shoes as well! I actually found a cute pair of Naturalizer Mary Jane Wedges, they were so cute but they ran big so I wasn''t able to get them. Maybe it''s a sign? I also liked Donald Pliner wedge boots but they wre a little bit spendy for me.

Naturalizer Mary Jane (Small).jpg

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ella, I have been buying AG''s for years. I love the Angel and the City, I think the color I liked was called Rinse. My Saks, which had a limited jeans dept, had a lot of those. I think they are great. I also have them in a blackish color, and I really like them to wear at night. I have a couple really great Chanel tweed jackets with a lot of black in them, and I wear a Susanna Monaco tank, the jacket, the black jeans and a great pair of shoes, I love the Jimmy CHoos and Manolos but lately have really been into Christian Louboutin heels...I think the black jeans really carry you into evening so well. My Paige jeans have this neat star scroll thing embroidered on the pocket. I have not seen them on line, just the normal pocket. I love mine, though normally I like a plainer pocket so it is less eye catching. I also hate jeans that give you plumber butt, I have kids and they laugh at me and call them my Britney Spears jeans (but at least I am wearing undergarments!!!)...anyway, even when you find a brand and style you like, honestly, I would still be careful and try on. Each dye lot can be different, it can affect the denim differently, and there can be cut variances in each pair, so I ALWAYS, though it is a PITA, take all the pairs in the room and try them. And remember, even with just 2% stretch, they will give a lot, so don''t worry if they feel a bit snug at first...they end up stretching a bit and sagging and drooping. I have lost a bit of weight so my jeans are loose, and I finally had to get some cool belts...

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
diamondfan, is this the embroidery your jeans have on the pocket? It''s called the Las Flores. The embroidery in this pic is metallic embroidery in the medium clean wash. I have a Las Flores in the Lagoon wash, and the embroidery is dark blue.

I think your Chanel jacket with the AG dark jeans and Christan Laboutins would look HOT!!
9.gif

paige-las-flor-lt-jns-bk (Small).jpg

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is actually more symmetrical on the pocket, more like a flower if that makes sense...I have not seen it since I bought them...but it is really a nice detail...I love the Louboutin wedges, but some of his shoes are cut low on the vamp and show toe cleavage, and I have really long toes so this irks me. I have to try on a lot of his shoes to get a pair I like. I also love LaCroix and some of the Dolce and Gabanna''s...basically, with nice accessories, jeans. especially the darker rinses, can really take you almost anywhere these days...

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/3/2007 10:13:07 PM
Author: diamondfan
Ella, I have been buying AG''s for years. I love the Angel and the City, I think the color I liked was called Rinse. My Saks, which had a limited jeans dept, had a lot of those. I think they are great. I also have them in a blackish color, and I really like them to wear at night. I have a couple really great Chanel tweed jackets with a lot of black in them, and I wear a Susanna Monaco tank, the jacket, the black jeans and a great pair of shoes, I love the Jimmy CHoos and Manolos but lately have really been into Christian Louboutin heels...I think the black jeans really carry you into evening so well. My Paige jeans have this neat star scroll thing embroidered on the pocket. I have not seen them on line, just the normal pocket. I love mine, though normally I like a plainer pocket so it is less eye catching. I also hate jeans that give you plumber butt, I have kids and they laugh at me and call them my Britney Spears jeans (but at least I am wearing undergarments!!!)...anyway, even when you find a brand and style you like, honestly, I would still be careful and try on. Each dye lot can be different, it can affect the denim differently, and there can be cut variances in each pair, so I ALWAYS, though it is a PITA, take all the pairs in the room and try them. And remember, even with just 2% stretch, they will give a lot, so don''t worry if they feel a bit snug at first...they end up stretching a bit and sagging and drooping. I have lost a bit of weight so my jeans are loose, and I finally had to get some cool belts...
Diamondfan, I want to take a tour of your closet and get lost for a few days in all your bbags and clothes...I''m in total awe of your wardrobe
1.gif

Yes, I agree that jeans can vary so much even when you think you''re buying an exact size, style, and color -- frustrating! I hope these Angels fit as well as the ones I tried on in the store, but if they don''t, I''ll just return them. I couldn''t justify buying two full-price pairs of expensive jeans in the same day, but since these were such a good deal, I couldn''t pass them up! Size-wise, I did go a size smaller in the Angels than in the Paiges -- that''s what seemed to fit me best in the store, so again I hope the ones I ordered online fit the same way. I liked the fit of the Paiges a little better on me but I just was in love with the feel of the AG denim and can''t wait to get these!

Oh and I love the Las Flores and Las Palmas too
30.gif

Mara, I think the Hollywood Hills are def still low-rise enough that you look/feel good in them -- they just don''t give you "plumber butt" to quote DF! Q was laughing at me when I was trying on all the jeans b/c that was my test: I''d squat down and be like, "How much underwear is showing?" and the HHs were hands-down the best in that category for me. Like I said in a previous post, I''m tired of tugging my shirts down when I sit down, so I''m super psyched to have found these jeans! Thanks for the enabling
21.gif

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
diamondfan, now you''ve got me curious as to which pocket you have! It sounds like Las Palmas to me but you say that you haven''t seen it online I am totally wondering which ones they are! Do you happen to have a picture of them?
31.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

LH..those wedges are CUTE. i have been scouring DSW and nordstrom.com and man do i have a list a mile long of ones i''d love to try. i really would love to vamp it up with some red patent leather wedges but i don''t know if i''m that stylin...hahaha. but i have seen some really cute ones. i like the wedges that also have a stacked wood heel, aka steve madden has some really cute ones that are black with stacked wood wedge, yum..mary jane style. but all the cute peep toe ones would be so cute for spring too. so maybe i want to hold out for a peep toe. lol. so many shoes...so little time and budget!!

darn elailla...i love the ag angels but i don''t know what SIZE i would be right now in them. i tried the 28 in club on at nordstroms and they were WAY too tight, like insanely tight. yet i fit into 28 in seven and paige absolutely easily. so i didn''t bother to try on any more AG. but now i wouldn''t mind getting some online but i am totally unsure re; size ESP since you just said you bought a size smaller in AG than paige! so that''d mean 27 for me but i don''t think that''s right. argh! am i going to have to make a trip to nordies tomorrow to try them on? i hope not cuz its TTOTM and i''m bloated. hahaha.

i love the paige las flores pockets...i have been checking those out on ebay. again, so many jeans so little budget and time! lol.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ella, I do own up to having the shopping disease. The best part of it is, I will buy something and put it away and forget about it. Then, when I find it later, I love it and I am so excited, like getting it all over again, I''ll be thinking, wow, I love this! Why have I not used it?...I go shopping in my own closet.

My jeans definitely say Hollywood Hills on them, but the back pockets and the front little thing in the pocket has this embroidery. I will try to find it on line...

My kids were teasing me and I was bending over to pick something up and my hubby came and yanked my shirt down...I realized how much was showing and it was not good!

I think you have to try on all the jeans each time, I have ordered stuff and it is not the same as what I have at home, meaning the size says it is the same but the fit is not the same...so it might be a pain but better that than having to return. I think jeans buying is almost as bad as swimsuits, though less skin is showing!

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Mara, the Naturalizer mary janes are on sale right now for $79.99! I tried them on at Hillsdale and they were COMFY. They also have some really cute red ones!

Why oh why do my feet have to be so small?!!
7.gif

Naturalizer red mary jane (Small).jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/3/2007 11:01:09 PM
It is actually more symmetrical on the pocket, more like a flower if that makes sense...I have not seen it since I bought them...but it is really a nice detail...I love the Louboutin wedges, but some of his shoes are cut low on the vamp and show toe cleavage, and I have really long toes so this irks me. I have to try on a lot of his shoes to get a pair I like. I also love LaCroix and some of the Dolce and Gabanna''s...basically, with nice accessories, jeans. especially the darker rinses, can really take you almost anywhere these days...
Hee hee, I HATE toe cleavage, lol! I have long toes as well (at least they aren''t crunky, though) and it really irks me when beautiful shoes are cut low to show the toe "cleave." For some reason I just do not find that sexy at all! Then again, I hate shoes that are cut too high! Ahh, I could spend days just trying a ton of shoes on and gazing at my feet in the mirror in them...maybe I was Cinderella or an ugly stepsister in a past life, LOL!
9.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Monarch, I HATE it and every time I buy shoes, the SP will say, Oh but that is sexy and I say NOT TO ME. It is NASTY to me, so I am not spending a mint on a pair of shoes and feel grossed out when I look down at my feet. I have a medium foot and a high arch and I wear a 9 most of the time, and I HATE this trend of cutting them so low...it is not appealing to me. And I have a shoe fetish too! I love love love shoes with crystals, and things on them...must be like when I was little and liked the clear plastic mules with the glitter in them and the kitten heels...I wore them to nursery school and thought I was stylish! I build entire outfits around shoes and purses...just because I want to buy them I make outfits work based on them!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL DF, I vary between 9.5 and 10''s, and the only pair of cute clear bejeweled heels I''ve ever found were some cheapie Mootsie Tootsie''s that consisted of a clear toe ring with rhinestones, a sort of thin band over the arch, and an open back! I cannot stand seeing clear shoes with foot sweat, or "fog" in them...lol. The ones I found were like wearing nothing but a toe ring, they were just magical, and for $39 what a steal. Unfortunatly that toe ring part stretched out after a night of wear, but at least they were cheap enough to be a one-time shoe!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Monarch, now I HATE those clear shoes. WILL not buy them, they are sweat makers and you see smushed up toes in them. I think they are a bit tacky. I like to think since nursery school that my tastes have improved. I am really into flats now too for some reason, I love the Tory Burch ballet flats and got some jeans that I could hem to wear with flats. Some days I just do not want a heel on. I just adore shoes, I think Imelda Marcos was not too crazy where shoes are concerned!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/4/2007 1:16:28 AM
Monarch, now I HATE those clear shoes. WILL not buy them, they are sweat makers and you see smushed up toes in them. I think they are a bit tacky. I like to think since nursery school that my tastes have improved. I am really into flats now too for some reason, I love the Tory Burch ballet flats and got some jeans that I could hem to wear with flats. Some days I just do not want a heel on. I just adore shoes, I think Imelda Marcos was not too crazy where shoes are concerned!
ROFL. Imelda definitely knew her shoes, and rightly so...not a crazy bird whatsoever! Tory B. makes beautiful footwear and I would LOVE nothing more than to be able to afford a pair! Yum!

Yup, clear shoes plus feet definitely equals unladilike SWEAT, not even perspiration or "glow!" I think they can generically be referred to as "stripper shoes," right? (Although I may be in danger of offending someone--sorry!)

Flat shoes--definitely more healthy for the feet/legs. As far as style....worlds away from "dowdy" now...we are certainly a society who considers them more "chic" than comfy and everyday now, thank God. I have yet to buy any, though...still getting over my mother''s Sam & Libby big-bow, super bright obsession from my jr. high school years when she bought me like 8 pairs in different colors for one season. I still can recall girls making fun of me wearing super bright flower power colors of lace-edged leggings, floral babydoll dresses from Express (when it first came out), and S&L ballet slippers. Will I ever get over it? Probably...I need some cutie flats to go with my new love of dark rinsed skinny jeans! Even in Chicago my friends are still worried about trying these..."it will make my thighs look HUGE!" they cry!
9.gif
I just tell them to tunic and belt it and not worry about it, dammit! Are you on another fashion board or something? (Besides the purse forum, I refuse to touch that one, lol!)

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha monarch i have recently found authenticforum.com where they talk about jeans and stuff. it's kind of funny. greg is like 'there's a forum for JEANS?' ... i was like honey there is a forum for everything!! there's probably a shoe forum too. hehe.

it's funny because this year i have really tried to make a concerted effort to get away from my 'comfy' lifestyle stuff and really continue to pay attention to fashion. i am nowhere near a slave to fashion, i can't wear half of the stuff that's popular at any given point in time nor would i really want to...but i love having great jeans, cute sweaters and tops, cropped blazers and SHOES! my shoes got really lazy in the last 2-3 years, i was practically living in flip flops. well we all know there are like a gazillion cute shoes out there!! and this year i really tried to branch out. and i realize that the right pair of shoes can make an outfit just sing...they can flatter the leg and foot (and elongate!), and don't have to be painful to be pretty! i have found some awesome shoes this year...i discovered a brand of shoes i love called 'bronx'...affordable, heeled yet comfy...but not too comfy!

kimora lee had some quote in a mag recently about how women have to just suffer for beauty and i was like what?! i prefer a comfy sort of fashion, where it's cute and stylish but doesn't have to be sloppy. that's my goal anyway!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
No, but I love fashion.

I love flats, and even for evening I have seen some amazing jeweled and satin ones. I love that that option exists, some people cannot wear heels. My dad used to make me stand on a step with my heels hanging over the edge so I could do a push through stretch to lengthen my calves...the muscle can be shortened if you never do this or never wear flatter shoes...

I saw a stunning pair of flats at Saks, I think they were Lanvin, and I picked them up...980.00 no that is not a typo...I almost died...but they were lovely...a black brocade with a crystal piece that looked like a vintage buckle.

I love the Chanel flats, especially the camel and black combo, but they do not fit me for some reason. Either way to big or way too tight...I sometimes put a pad in my left shoe since it is my smaller foot, but with a high arch I cannot really do that with a flat...I walk out of them and they gap weirdly.

I got some of the Tory flats, I had to have them stretched a bit because my big toe on my bigger foot was hitting the front...but they are so cute. I happen to love the skinny jean, big belt, tunic and flats look, with big sunglasses on and a great hobo bag or B bag...sort of that Bo ho chic look.

I also think those clear shoes, or worse, clear super high platforms, look like stripper shoes. Watch any movie that has a scene with men in a strip club, that is what the ladies have on (and not much else!)...seriously, NOT an elegant look to me...

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
9.gif
35.gif
Oh, but Mara, you are soooo the CA girl in comfy Charlotte beach pants and flip flops!
6.gif
Don''t EVER completely change that aspect! Keep it in reserve for everyday life, if anything...that''s part of your unique style--and with diamonds!
9.gif

If anything can be said for fashion, period, I think it is to stay true to your own personal likings and what fits you as a person as far as your everyday attitude, etc. When you get too far away from that it just looks like you''re trying too hard, ya know? Living in the midwest, although I have a tendency towards couture and "high fashion" as far as loving it, I have to find subtle ways to incorporate those loves into my own personal style to make my look work. When I see a very well-groomed, perfectly turned out gal downtown wearing a gorgeous coat or outfit but either a crap ass hairdo or bag, OR vice versa, I cringe! I find myself thinking, why did you try so hard to achieve one look without worrying about the other? However, sometimes us regular gals can get away with a FABULOUS cut/color, and some cheap-o jeans plus beautiful coat/top/shoes/bag, etc. and it works so well together. A big part of it is just plain old attitude, for sure. If you have confidence in your stature, and what you''re wearing, no matter what, it will work for you.

I love, love, love reading fashion mags and going to stores scoping out what''s hot. Do I profess to all that is hot one season? No way...I''d look like a walking freakazoid if I did! Personally (and seriously, just personally) I have to stick to what fits me well off-the-rack like J.Crew, and find a few other fun pieces I can afford to have fun with, and sometimes borrow or make or (shock!) buy to "make" my outfit. The point is, I put lots of thought and effort into what I wear and the reward is hearing my friends or family or DH say "wow, you look SO good tonight!" Fashion is F-U-N! I love it! I will NEVER give it up, lol!

It doesn''t bother me one bit to wear Gap jeans or carry a bag that''s two or five seasons old...just this Christmas DH ordered a Chicago Bears handbag that looks like a coke can only has the Bears logo all over it for $80 online, and I love how it looks with its long strap...I will probably wear it not to a Bears game, but with something that it''s totally not meant to be worn with some evening downtown this year! As far as the trends of the season, I don''t pay too much attention to them unless they actually flatter me! Big wide cinchy belts? Sure, I could''ve done them, but honestly I don''t like them, so what''s the point of buying one? I certainly appreciate them on others who wear them well, though. I do love seeing fashionable pieces on others, even when I know that particular look wouldn''t work for me.

I would honestly give my right arm (well no, maybe not--I play piano) to write a fashion column someday...to me that would be a lifelong dream come true! Until that day, I will peruse all the fashion mags and live vicariously through others! Maybe I could interview Mara and Diamondfan first....

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/4/2007 1:40:27 AM
No, but I love fashion.

I love flats, and even for evening I have seen some amazing jeweled and satin ones. I love that that option exists, some people cannot wear heels. My dad used to make me stand on a step with my heels hanging over the edge so I could do a push through stretch to lengthen my calves...the muscle can be shortened if you never do this or never wear flatter shoes...

I saw a stunning pair of flats at Saks, I think they were Lanvin, and I picked them up...980.00 no that is not a typo...I almost died...but they were lovely...a black brocade with a crystal piece that looked like a vintage buckle.

I love the Chanel flats, especially the camel and black combo, but they do not fit me for some reason. Either way to big or way too tight...I sometimes put a pad in my left shoe since it is my smaller foot, but with a high arch I cannot really do that with a flat...I walk out of them and they gap weirdly.

I got some of the Tory flats, I had to have them stretched a bit because my big toe on my bigger foot was hitting the front...but they are so cute. I happen to love the skinny jean, big belt, tunic and flats look, with big sunglasses on and a great hobo bag or B bag...sort of that Bo ho chic look.

I also think those clear shoes, or worse, clear super high platforms, look like stripper shoes. Watch any movie that has a scene with men in a strip club, that is what the ladies have on (and not much else!)...seriously, NOT an elegant look to me...
Did you see the article in Philly Magazine about Tory???? Meow!!!! Ron Pearlman,etc....

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, I did. I had no idea about the divorce. But hey, Mr. P gives amazing gifts, it would almost (notice almost) worth being with him to get some of that bling...Ellen did well, but I am sure he was a pill to be around...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh don't worry monarch, i will never give up my flip flops and charlotte pants!! but i have to admit i was starting to live a little too much in them..hehee. i think part of it for me too was that i felt like i wasn't looking my best because i was like 10 lbs over where i wanted to be, so i wasn't really taking any sort of wild fashion steps fwd and breaking out of my mold because i didn't feel like being daring. but once i started dropping sizes, i was like WOW okay these jeans look really hot and they look even hotter with some heeled sandals!! and they look dowdy with flip flops. hmmm. *light bulb* and i think i felt more confident too that i could rock other types of clothes or more revealing types of clothes or whatever. i love the idea of a lacy tank over straight jeans with a slightly conservative yet cropped blazer and some sexy sandals. df i am so jealous of your chanel jackets, i love that look with jeans and heels!

i love looking at fashion mags too, in fact i just subscribed to a bunch more on ebay for reading on the treadmill and elliptical at the gym. it's motivational for me too, to see things that i think i'd look good in and think oooh i want that.

my 'thing' right now is finding a super basic, fitted, very cropped (aka right under ribcage) blazer in a black or a brown or a navy. i saw this look in one of the mags, lucky maybe, it's super cute over a straight long solid tank or tunic and straight or skinny (straight for me!) jeans with flats or heeled sandals. super cute. the jacket has to be very fitted yet basic to work because otherwise it just looks boxy and hides your shape. the one the model had on was cute but i don't remember what it was. i have been looking online for a few days now and have seen not one thing that really interests me. argh!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree, Mara...the minute you start feeling really awesome about how you look it all starts to come together. I am sure you will find the jacket you want, you can even go on google images and see. Jackets are hard on line though, since the sleeves can be tricky...but this can be your new must have, I love when I am really looking for a specific thing and I find it...

I am obsessed with Chanel jackets. The sick thing is they are soooo insane price wise, but I try to buy ones that are more timeless and I will have for years. My mom STILL has some from years ago and they look awesome. Their purses and sunglasses are nutty too, today I saw a pair I liked, black with some crystals on the sides, and they were $600.00...I lose things too easily, and I think it is just nuts. The bags now are averaging 2000.00 and some are even more like 3000.00...yet even with that, the jackets are always GONE immediately from the store and you have to act quickly...I stick with black or tweeds that are good with chocolate, camel, black or grey...I am ashamed to admit I have about 10 of them now, I started buying them a few years ago. I love that I can wear them as a suit with a skirt, put them with nice black pants and go somewhere where I would not wear jeans, or wear them with jeans and cute tank top and look polished but not stuffy. I do not like some of the styles, they can be frumpy, I am not into some of the looks they show, they look a bit ladies who lunch to me, and I am not into that, but every season there is one jacket to die for, with paillettes woven in, or amazing buttons...I really love them. Thankfully my hubby is not really observant about the clothes and stuff, though when he loves or hates something he makes it clear...lately he likes more than he dislikes, so I am glad, I always feel like, hey I like it and I am the one wearing it but I do not like him to have negative comments about things.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes Mara, it's high time you BREAK OUT! Keep the "mara" look, but I can't wait to see the styled "MARA" look this spring, yay! You've done so much for your body and health this year, you deserve to have a lil more style in your life now! I'm excited for you!

eta: Diamondfan, I'm going shopping in your closet at some point, rest assured, lol! Our Chicago incomes will never justify my spending $$$$ on bags or even clothing (much to my dismay!
6.gif
) but show me the resale shop you frequent and I'm there, hee hee!

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
I was just reading through some of this thread, and I just realized I''m a total cheapskate when it comes to jeans. I just buy the $29 Old Navy ones. I can''t justify to myself spending over $100 for a pair of jeans. And the Old Navy ones aren''t bad quality either, I slid down the road 50 feet in them in a motorcyle accident, and they didn''t even rip! I''ll just stick to my Coach bags and Old Navy jeans and let all of you do the spending. I can live vicariously through you! My bank account will thank me. And Monarch, I''m with you, my income just won''t allow me to spend the $$$$ on clothes and bags.

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/3/2007 11:34:35 PM
Author: Mara

darn elailla...i love the ag angels but i don't know what SIZE i would be right now in them. i tried the 28 in club on at nordstroms and they were WAY too tight, like insanely tight. yet i fit into 28 in seven and paige absolutely easily. so i didn't bother to try on any more AG. but now i wouldn't mind getting some online but i am totally unsure re; size ESP since you just said you bought a size smaller in AG than paige! so that'd mean 27 for me but i don't think that's right. argh! am i going to have to make a trip to nordies tomorrow to try them on? i hope not cuz its TTOTM and i'm bloated. hahaha.

Mara, I just took my measurements (thanks WWT!), and I am a just under 5'5", 114 lbs, 26 waist, 32 low waist, and 34 hips, and I got the 28s in Paiges and 27s in AGs. I didn't try on Paige 27s though b/c they didn't have them but I thought the 28s were perfect on me -- which may mean they'll stretch out too much (?). Not sure. Maybe the Angels and Clubs just fit really differently though and that's why the 28 Clubs didn't fit you right? Oh, and normally I'm a size 4 in pants, though for some jeans I like to bump up to a 6 (the AEs I tried on, I preferred a 6).

My job is so casual that I think I have lost a lot of fashion sense/caring! It's kind of a bummer -- like I'll see nice things and be like "What do I need that for?!" since I know I can't/won't wear it to work. I think I need a new *high-paying* job so I can buy nicer clothes and have a place to wear them! When I went to Bloomies last night, I was like
30.gif
(though I was also like "Really, $80 for a t-shirt?!")

ETA: Coda, I don't usually spend this amount of money on jeans either! The most I've ever paid before has been, I think, $100 once. But I have to say that the fit and fabric of these more expensive jeans was unlike any Gap or Old Navy jeans I've had in the past. I wouldn't spend the money JUST to get a name brand if I didn't truly love the product (I'm not that much of a label whore!), but these jeans really did make me and my hubby say WOW, these are flattering! But yes, I'm still shaking my head at how much I just spent on a pair of jeans. But I've been working my tail off doing freelance work, so I felt I could splurge on myself
1.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't have a resale shop, but I should probably find a local one and sell my stuff there when I am tired of it, make more room for the new stuff!

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I was curious about the Paige jeans, so I looked them up and saw that they are 34 inch inseam! Who in the world has a 34 inch inseam?!? I know I''m short, but I would think most people have a shorter inseam than that. And I don''t want to buy almost $200 jeans only to have to pay to get them hemmed, but that''s just me. I did see that they have some jeans that have a 31 inch inseam, but I must have short legs because my inseam is only 30 inches at 5''2". I guess I''ll stick to my Old Navy short jeans, the inseam is perfect!

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I actually met Paige in person a couple months ago and she said that it was interesting how in Seattle, the women there were begging her for more 34 inch inseams and here in the Bay Area people like me were begging for more petites!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results