shape
carat
color
clarity

Jeans

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/31/2006 6:33:53 PM
Author: MC

Date: 12/30/2006 11:41:35 AM
Author: gingerBcookie
i am addicted to Paige jeans! THey make my non-esistent flat asian @ss look perky and my legs look even longer! my faves are the laurel canyons. hollywood hills are nice fit also, but have a higher rise than i like. they have really nice washes and cute pocket designs (i have dark clean, mediaum clean, winter rose in medium clean, and antique rose in lagoon) I always get compliments on them. Revolve has them and the stock replensishes/changes regularly and they''re always having sales or codes so i''ve never paid retail on any of them!
I''ve heard all great reviews for Paige jeans, but the ones I tried on were really low-rise in the front. Is the Laurel Canyon style very low? I really could use for a rear-end perk!

Also, how is their sizing? Pretty much true-to-size? I''m a 25 in Seven''s. . .
LCs are on the lower side, but not indecent low. The hollywood hills style is the same cut and has the same booty perking-up benefit with a slightly higher rise if thats what you like. Not sure what how sizes run in sevens vs paiges. i know I wear the same size in paiges as tru religions if thats any help?

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The LC are low rise, according to the Paige website the rise is 7.5" but I think it depends on the size, I wear size size 24 the rise is 6.5". I think they run TTS.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MC -- I''m also a size 25 in Sevens, COH, Joe''s, and just about every other brand but Paige 25s are WAAAAAY too obscenely tight on me for some reason. I think it depends on how your middle is shaped because the rise is so low. I have a doughy, slightly flabby middle (thanks pregnancies!) and Paige jeans in 25 does a great job of highlighting that part of my anatomy.....*IF* I can even get them zipped up.
20.gif
Maybe it''s the super-low-rise nature of her jeans. Maybe I''ll just have to give in and try Paige in 26 (WAH!!!! I''m a 25, dammit!).

For those of you ladies with shorter legs, try COH Paley skinny ankle jeans! They have a 27 inch inseam and don''t need altering! They''re nice and skinny and look hot tucked into boots or worn with ballet flats!!!

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OK.....I take that back....they don't all run TTS....some of the styles like the HH run TTS but I think the LC runs just a *bit* on the smaller side. I normally wear a 23 in other jeans like Sevens and Rock and Republics but the Paige 24s fit me.

KirstyDarling...I know vanity sizing makes us crazy but I think the 26s will fit you properly, if you don't like the LCs try on the HH, I think that might work better. I think that Macys and Bloomie have a pretty good Paige section. Oh and don't forget to check out the Pagie Petite jeans! Now those run SMALL. I tried on the 24 and could hardly get my whale hips in them!The waist was 24" (oh jeez I miss the days I had a waist!)

Ooh...I can't wait for us to go to Stanford to check out the jeans!
36.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have the Paige jeans with the embroidered pockets and one other style. I do not find them to be ultra low at all, that is why I love them. I think they could be the Hollywood ones... I bought a bunch of them and hemmed some for ballet flats and some for higher boots and sandals and such, I really think they are flattering...

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/31/2006 7:37:12 PM
Author: KristyDarling
MC -- I''m also a size 25 in Sevens, COH, Joe''s, and just about every other brand but Paige 25s are WAAAAAY too obscenely tight on me for some reason. I think it depends on how your middle is shaped because the rise is so low. I have a doughy, slightly flabby middle (thanks pregnancies!) and Paige jeans in 25 does a great job of highlighting that part of my anatomy.....*IF* I can even get them zipped up.
20.gif
Maybe it''s the super-low-rise nature of her jeans. Maybe I''ll just have to give in and try Paige in 26 (WAH!!!! I''m a 25, dammit!).

For those of you ladies with shorter legs, try COH Paley skinny ankle jeans! They have a 27 inch inseam and don''t need altering! They''re nice and skinny and look hot tucked into boots or worn with ballet flats!!!
Hmm. . .maybe I should try a 26 too! lol

The ones I tried were a bit too tight and unflattering and rather than trying a larger size, I decided to go with another brand! lol I also have a post-pregnancy tummy after two c/s, but I have really narrow hips (literally NO hips) so I need jeans that hide my tummy but create the illusion of hips - which is best done with a slightly lower-rise. The best I''ve found were a pair of Lucky Jeans, but only ONE pair. I''ve never found another pair in even that style that look the same. I may wear those one jeans for 20 years!

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
I know this site has been mentioned before but http://www.zafu.com/ is unrreal for getting your correct size and style.you put in your details of waist fit butt etc and it comes with lots of choice for your figure type. I had 16 different brands and styles including Paige Preminum in Robinsonson that I had not heard alll the way down to Gap Levi and American Eagle.They also take the guess work out of what size to get too Brillant
36.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i just used zafu to estimate for me again esp since my body has changed. it was kind of off on sizing (which i knew because i had just gone into the store and tried on 3 of the styles it recommended for me and i was a smaller size in reality than it recommended)....so just be sure that if you know one of the styles in your size it is recommending, that it matches before using the size recommendations to buy anything else. once i went back and fixed it to a smaller waist size, then it was spot on with it's size recommends for the ones i knew that fit me in what size. and i could use it to estimate other brands and sizes. (does that make ANY sense? i think i need lunch!)

anyhow, it recommended 75 jeans for me! kind of overwhelming. hehee. my butt is flatter now so i want a perky butt jean lifter, my thighs are slimmer now than they used to be, but my waist is still kind of the area where if a jean will fit tight, it's going to be there. so they recommended a few jeans that will ensure supposedly i don't have any hint of muffin top even on bloat days, lol. recommended paige HH and LC for me which was good. also recommended a few AG jeans i wouldn't mind trying and the legend which is one of my fave AG styles for flattering the body. recommended SFAM A pocket which i'd love to get my hands on if the prices ever go down!!! and a bunch of other brands and styles i was unfamiliar with. a few citizens. the AE straight 777 which i already have and love. so for the most part it's pretty good for recommending i think, as long as you ensure that it's estimating your size correctly.

also i clicked a few times on 'show where to buy' and many of the styles they listed were unavailable anywhere, kind of a drag. i can't buy any more jeans right now after my little paige splurge but i will definitely run it again (i saved my profile) in a month or two when i can get another pair or two of jeans!!

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve been on the lookout for good jeans since I recently walked right through my beloved faithful pair of four-year-old Mavis (literally my shoe made a yet another hole in the threadbare hem, waaaah), and this thread inspired me so I went to Bloomies tonight and tried on so many lovely jeans ... Paiges, Joes, Citizens, Sevens ... yum!!

The Paige Laurel Canyons were a bit too low-cut for me -- that''s what I''m trying to get away from right now -- but the Hollywood Hills were awesome! I really liked the Joe''s Honeys too (although I have never thought of myself as a "curvy" girl!). I came home and found the Paige HH in Med. Clean, which is *exactly* what I tried on in the store, on sale at shopemilygrace.com for $115 (normally $165) -- yahooo!! So I placed me an order and can''t wait to get ''em on (after getting them shortened of course!)!

And the best thing about all the jeans I tried on tonight was that they seem *comfy* as well as look good. I recently tried on a lot of different Hudsons and Blue Cult jeans, and they were all so uncomfortable, so I was really happy that all the ones I tried on tonight were nice and stretchy and fitted but not tight.
I''m excited
36.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
nice find on the paige HH's ellaila!! i just checked them out but i'm not sure about the med clean wash, i really liked the dark clean i tried on and i am trying to stay with darker washes lately as i find they are more 'versatile' from day to night. plus honestly i shouldn't be spending another $100+ on jeans right now....i have bought 4 new pairs of jeans in the last month including the paige's from elux i just got.

i am watching a few paige HH's and LC's on ebay in my size so we'll see. i'd get another pair if it was under $75.
2.gif
i totally agree re the fit of paige feeling more comfy, they definitely didn't squeeze in any of the wrong places like a few of the other brands i was trying on. definitely a plus.

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, I think $120ish is my limit for jeans*, so I was psyched I found these in that price range! Thank God for the Internet, huh?

There are SO many styles to choose from, my head was spinning!! I figured that the medium clean was a good everyday color though and they were on sale, so that''s what I went with. I agree that darker are dressier though, so maybe my next ones will be darker Joe''s or Sevens if I can find a good price on either.

(*Although I''m sure I could easily be pushed up to $150 if the perfect pair was calling my name)

jamiesorr

Shiny_Rock
I went looking for new jeans today too, but Nordstrom was all out of my size (24)
8.gif
. For those of you that have Joe''s Jeans in the "socialite," how wide is the leg opening, is it like a boot cut or a flare? I have some of the Seven flares and I don''t like how wide the leg is. I am trying to decide between "socialite," "provocateur," or possibly Citizens. Any suggestions?

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
i just tried out the zafu site, and it was pretty much on target for me. they recommended citizens of humanity "faye" and low and behold, that is a pair that i do own and love. they are more of a trouser cut, and i love to wear it as a dressy jean. i''m gonna try some of the other recommendations when i hit up the mall later this week. i''ve been looking for a new pair of jeans, but maybe something that won''t break the bank, i''d like to try their gap recommendation "curvy flare".

mara, i tried the jeans from ae and maybe it was just my body type, but the sizes were too small for me, i''m normally an 8 and sometimes a 10 everyplace else, and i had trouble fitting into even the 10! i think it might be too tight in the hips and thigh area - i''m pretty bulky and muscular around my thighs. i tried on limited jeans about a month ago. those weren''t too bad, but they were just running a sale after xmas and ALL the 8''s were GONE.
8.gif

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
there are a bunch of paiges on sale at revolve right now..mainly lighter colors though....thank goodness since i like the darker ones!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think overall the darker are more slimming and more "dressy" if that makes sense...

My Hollywood Hills have neat pockets and I cannot find them on line right now...

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmmmm....OK even though I bought a pair of Joe''s jeans, you''ve all made me very curious about Paige jeans. Might have to make a stop at Bloomies on my way home!
31.gif

diamondlove

Shiny_Rock
for all of you Paige jeans lovers, do you know how they fit on short curvy girls? I know GingerBCookie and Mara are more on the tall and long legs type (from photos on PS but I don''t really know for everyone else who has posted) so I need to find an opinion from a shorter & curvy gal (like myself)?
2.gif

I am a big fan of Blue Cult jeans and some True Religion styles but Sevens don''t fit well on me-- they flatten my not insubstantial butt to give you an idea. I''ve heard recs from other curvy and petite gals about Joe''s so I''ll have to give those a try sometime but I''ve been wanting to see about Paige jeans and keep forgetting when I''m shopping.

Do share!

DL

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I''m short (5'') and somewhat curvy and the Paiges fit great on me. The Paige Petite line has a shorter inseam (31") and they run a little smaller than the regular Paiges (I still have to shorten them) but other than that, I haven''t had any problems with them.

HTH!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
woo hoo my paige jeans shipped tonite so i can''t wait til they get here.

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
I''m jealous, Mara! The jeans I ordered turned out to be out of stock (found out the next day)
7.gif
so I am still Paige-less.

The woman on the phone at shopemilygrace was like, "Have you tried the Hidden Hills style? They''re great for women who have a, ummmm ... who .. uhhh, have had kids." I was thinking to myself, "Because I''m bigger than a size 24 waist, she probably assumes I''m looking for MOM JEANS!" -- hahaha! (Y''all have seen that SNL skit on Mom Jeans?)

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am a 24 and have the Hidden Hills and they''re definitely not mom jeans, at least on me it isn''t. It''s just a higher rise but it doesn''t look bad to me. They still sit lower than my belly button if that makes any sense.

For me I like them on those days of the month where I feel bigger than normal.
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol ela...bigger than a 24...isn't that like almost every american woman? i know luckyhonu and man she is TINY. easily the smallest girl i know. so i can't imagine how larger than a 24 is a mom jean candidate! hehe. did you check out elux? it's where i got mine below retail.

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
I actually think the Hidden Hills look pretty cute in the photos I''ve seen (I like the double button waistband!), but haven''t tried them on. It was more the way she said it that was so funny to me, like she was implying that I must have something to hide - reminded me of that time when the salesperson at AE (?) told Mara the "bigger" sizes were in the back when she was looking for, what, a size 6 or 8?
25.gif

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It''s so funny, yesterday I went shopping at this petite lingerie boutique (they actually have petite lingerie!!) and while I was trying them on for the owner she commented that she liked my Hidden Hills so I told her about Paige. She liked the higher rise but that it didn''t look too high. She said she would look for them at Nordstrom next time. Muaahahahhaa.......I think I enabled her!
31.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yeah i think the hidden hills is going to be way too high for me from what i have seen in pictures...i am sooo not into high rise jeans. i look better with a medium-ish low or low for sure because i have curvy hips. i think that the hollywood hills is as high as i''d like to go. when i am bloated (like today), i just wear low rise cord jeans which have more give and a more flowing sweater or top that hides any sort of bloating i have going on, haha. it''s all about the camoflauge!!!

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
I think the one in orange is wearing Hidden Hills?
9.gif

mom jeans.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/3/2007 4:44:52 PM
Author: ellaila
I think the one in orange is wearing Hidden Hills?
9.gif
LOL!!!! OMG that is hilarious. No I don''t think they are THAT high, haha.

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
LOL!!! That is TOO funny! I remember wearing something like that way back in the 80s as well!

This is what Hidden Hills looks on me (that's not me, it's from the Paige site)

Paige Hidden Hills.jpg

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
MOM JEANS!!
32.gif

luckyhonu, I think the Hidden Hills look supercute in that photo and actually showed that one to hubby last night online. In that photo at least, they appear to give the flattering shape of lowcut jeans in front but hopefully don''t show off the butt cleavage when you bend down. These look like the type of jeans I need for work because I''m so tired of tugging my shirts down in back when I''m sitting in the lunchroom!

Since my other Paiges were out of stock, I''ve decided I''m going to go and camp out in the jeans dept. at Bloomies for a few hours and try on *everything* all over again to see which brand, wash, and cut I truly like best. I was in a bit of a rush last time and didn''t really pay too much attention to much other than the brand, but now I see ALL the different styles and washes that are out there, so I feel like I have to start all over again. There are much worse ways to kill a few hours than doing this kind of research, eh?
31.gif

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
ellaila, good luck on your search for Paige jeans! I''ve never seen the Hidden Hills at any of the Macys or Bloomies I''ve been to, I just bought it pretty much sight unseen but I wasn''t disappointed. They definitely do not have butt cleaveage when I bend down!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results