shape
carat
color
clarity

James Meyer Style 1345

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

beach

Brilliant_Rock
Husband just spoke to Jim and we are getting a platinum wedding band made for my 1345. My Jeff Cooper ering is getting some work done and I realized that I really need a band to go with my James Meyer 1345 in times like these.
3.gif
I am loving this ring so much that I think it will be sharing time on my wedding finger too!
30.gif
The wedding band will be style WED-G in all platinum with three wraps.

To my surprise, my hubby said I can also get a colored stone ring from him for my birthday which is in about a month!!! He was going to surprise me but took the safe route and let me know so I could add sugestions too lol. I am going with the general 1320 style with a few adjustments. Instead of the side diamonds, I am going with platinum wraps and the rest yellow gold! Stone is still being discussed but will be a pastel purple or pink saphire cabochon.

audball

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/21/2009 10:43:24 PM
Author: beach
Thank you!!!

Date: 5/21/2009 9:31:39 PM

Author: audball

beach--

I got an email back from Jim today with quote and I find them to be very reasonable. I looked around on his website and was unable to find his location. Where is his shop at?
Great!!! He is located in PA. I wonder if he came up with any new designs while he was Italy...

Oooooo, I hope so! I''d love to see some new designs!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/22/2009 5:44:32 PM
Husband just spoke to Jim and we are getting a platinum wedding band made for my 1345. My Jeff Cooper ering is getting some work done and I realized that I really need a band to go with my James Meyer 1345 in times like these.
3.gif
I am loving this ring so much that I think it will be sharing time on my wedding finger too!
30.gif
The wedding band will be style WED-G in all platinum with three wraps.

To my surprise, my hubby said I can also get a colored stone ring from him for my birthday which is in about a month!!! He was going to surprise me but took the safe route and let me know so I could add sugestions too lol. I am going with the general 1320 style with a few adjustments. Instead of the side diamonds, I am going with platinum wraps and the rest yellow gold! Stone is still being discussed but will be a pastel purple or pink saphire cabochon.

Yay for matching w-band!! I''m so excited for you! I can''t wait to see pics when you get it! The 1320 sounds like it will be gorgeous too! I''m feeling the idea of a pink saph!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Did you see the 1331 he has for sale? It''s a purple-pink star saph in yellow gold with platinum wraps and side diamonds in platinum bezels. It''s sooo pretty!!

http://jamesmeyerjewelry.com/pieces/1331.htm

beach

Brilliant_Rock
Yes I did!!! That ring is gorgeous but I am trying to get a different style since it is so similar to the 1345. That is the color gemstone I am trying to get though. I am not sure if I should do a cabochon cut or get a cushion cut in that color sapphire. If I go cushion, then I will need to do my research and source a stone.

I may trek over to the colored stone forum for help and start a new thread since this is a new topic
9.gif

audball

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/22/2009 9:10:49 PM
Yes I did!!! That ring is gorgeous but I am trying to get a different style since it is so similar to the 1345. That is the color gemstone I am trying to get though. I am not sure if I should do a cabochon cut or get a cushion cut in that color sapphire. If I go cushion, then I will need to do my research and source a stone.

I may trek over to the colored stone forum for help and start a new thread since this is a new topic
9.gif

It''s true, this one does look quite similar to the 1345, must be why I liked it so much
2.gif

The color of that stone is gorgeous! A cushion would be lovely...I don''t know much about colored stones, I''m sure that section of the forum could be quite helpful! I can''t wait to see what you can find!
30.gif
30.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow! That is a beautiful ring and I am so jealous!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Yay! Can''t wait for hand shots!

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I love your ring!!!! I just ordered the same piece this week. Now that you have worn it for a bit do you still worry about how delicate it is? Do you think that the band might bend eventually?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful Ring, and what a great size RHR diamond!

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Beach-I apologize if you have already said this but I can''t find it anywhere. What are the measurments of the diamond? Also, did you get the wedding band?

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
So pretty!!!!!!!!

beach

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/28/2009 1:06:53 PM
Author: stepcutgirl
Beach-I apologize if you have already said this but I can't find it anywhere. What are the measurments of the diamond? Also, did you get the wedding band?
The diamond is a 1.19 H VS1

The wedding band is being made now. It will be a little wider than the JM 1345 band. It should be done in a week or two
9.gif

Funny thing is that my ering is being worked on now so the JM ring is standing in. So I figured that the JM ring should have a matching wedding band just in case if it happens again. I will post pics of them together when it arrives.

beach

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/28/2009 1:49:39 PM
Author: princessplease
So pretty!!!!!!!!
Thanks!!!

beach

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/27/2009 7:18:12 PM
Author: blackberry16
I love your ring!!!! I just ordered the same piece this week. Now that you have worn it for a bit do you still worry about how delicate it is? Do you think that the band might bend eventually?
That is great!!!! I am not worried about it bending anymore. Yes, it is delicate, but it is not weak either. You can kind of see in my pics that the depth of the band is about as wide as the band width. So it has good proportions. I have worn mine everyday for the past 3 weeks. I will post more pics soon.

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/28/2009 2:30:59 PM
Date: 5/28/2009 1:06:53 PM

Author: stepcutgirl

Beach-I apologize if you have already said this but I can''t find it anywhere. What are the measurments of the diamond? Also, did you get the wedding band?
The diamond is a 1.19 H VS1

The wedding band is being made now. It will be a little wider than the JM 1345 band. It should be done in a week or two
9.gif

Funny thing is that my ering is being worked on now so the JM ring is standing in. So I figured that the JM ring should have a matching wedding band just in case if it happens again. I will post pics of them together when it arrives.

Do you have the mm measurements?

beach

Brilliant_Rock
The JM 1345 shank is about 1.6 to 1.8mm or 1/16th of an inch wide and deep. Do you want mm measurements of my diamond or diamond and bezel?

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/28/2009 3:34:34 PM
The JM 1345 shank is about 1.6 to 1.8mm or 1/16th of an inch wide and deep. Do you want mm measurements of my diamond or diamond and bezel?

Hmm...well I was just after the diamond but with the bezel too would be great!
36.gif

beach

Brilliant_Rock
The diamond is 6.78-6.81x4.18mm
Will try and get with the bezel when I can find a ruler
3.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry I thought I had already commented on your lovely RHR. It looks totally FAB on you. So much better than the shots on his site. Really the ring looks perfect on your hand. Congrats!!

beach

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/28/2009 3:47:45 PM
Author: Stone Hunter
Sorry I thought I had already commented on your lovely RHR. It looks totally FAB on you. So much better than the shots on his site. Really the ring looks perfect on your hand. Congrats!!
Thank you and I agree that it looks better than the pictures on his site!

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/28/2009 3:42:30 PM
The diamond is 6.78-6.81x4.18mm

Will try and get with the bezel when I can find a ruler
3.gif

Thanks!

audball

Ideal_Rock
I can''t wait to see the pics of the band you''re getting. Any progress on the bday ring?!
31.gif

audball

Ideal_Rock
Has your wedding band come in yet? It''s been nearly two months, I was hoping for some new pictures...
31.gif

audball

Ideal_Rock
*bump

audball

Ideal_Rock
*Another attempt to catch you lurking...

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I just emailed him about maybe doing something like this for an oval.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/6/2009 9:40:44 PM
Author: ckrickett
I just emailed him about maybe doing something like this for an oval.

Let us know what he says-an oval in this setting would be fantastic! I wonder if he''s done one before?

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
yeah.. I think it would look great!

audball

Ideal_Rock
OOo, an oval would be yummy!! I know Elegant was interested in a fat pear for this setting, but Jim said he's tried it and it didn't look good. I guess the assymetry of the stone?? But an OVAL!! Yum.....

crickett--you're into cushions too, no? I love AJ's garnet/cushion in this setting...

JM1345 is my total dream setting, I'd love to put one of the soon to be released GOG Signature OEC's in it....SWOON!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results