shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT James Meyer rose cut pendent has come home

Laughinggravy0

Shiny_Rock
Hi one and all, really tired here but too excited to go to bed without sharing. I was sighing over this since the start of the year and with Mr Meyer's recent sale I was finally able to take the plunge and buy this pendent.

Couldn't be more delighted, it is a wonderful piece that I feel completely at home in and don't intend to take off. It fits my style perfectly.

Not very good pix at all - sorry. But I have added his photo too for a good idea of the detail and the rest work to show size and proportion.

Happy happy happy :love:

pendant one.JPG

penent four.JPG

sighhh.jpg

pendant two.JPG

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
This may be the first time I've said this on here, but what an incredibly COOL piece! I love it - it looks classic and modern at the same time. How big is the center stone, if I may ask?

Laughinggravy0

Shiny_Rock
and a few more. I'll stop there promise :cheeky:

IMG_8150.JPG

IMG_8124.JPG

IMG_8215.JPG

Laughinggravy0

Shiny_Rock
These are too big - I'm really sorry :sick:
Not got the hang of the photo attaching - and dead on my feet so have to go to bed now.
Sorry for huuuuuuge photos of my neck - gulp!!!

PaulaW

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely lovely on you! Enjoy it, you deserve it!

Laughinggravy0

Shiny_Rock
Circe thank you, cool is exactly how I felt about your pear's fluorescence.
You sum it up well, it is really hard to qualify, looks antique yet oddly edgy - I think it's the influence of architecture in his work. The stone seems to hang from a beam.

The stone is 6x7mm the whole thing two thirds of an inch. Its just the right size being not too flashy and still very definitely there.

Ha, I couldn't be happier. Tired and haaaappy

Laughinggravy0

Shiny_Rock
Paula with the boxer dog (? is he a boxer?) thanks so much. Long year with quite a lot of extra freelance and the sale to boot made it possible. Had a long sleepless night over the maths before hand tho'!

Okay bed and to sleep (nearly midnight here and I'm training at 7:30 brrrrrr) ... its been a good day.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
love it- what are the specs of the stone?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh I *like* that!! It's bold and edgy - and yet feminine - very nice!!

I'm sorry to see him leave jewellery-making - though I wish him the best of luck, his work is fantastic and his style is really one of a kind :))

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh, it's just lovely! It looks terrific on you and I love that you can wear it with anything and everything! :love: :love:

lulu

Ideal_Rock
I love it! Congratulations!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
beautiful piece for a pretty lady! Congrats!!!

jewellk

Rough_Rock
OMG! Gorgeous!!

...and wait...Whaaa!!!???!!! :shock: JM is not making jewelry any longer!!? Why?

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I love this piece-it's wonderful! It looks really lovely on you-quite substantial. Ahhh JM!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh wow. gorgeous! :love:

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
That is a seriously fun pendant! :appl: :appl: :appl:

And the pics looked just the right size to me!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
it's lovely!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW Laughinggravy, both you and your new necklace are just gorgeous!! I adore rose cut diamonds, it's so beautifully done!! :appl: :love: :appl:

stci

Ideal_Rock
Excuse me but THE CENTER STONE IS ROSE CUT DIAMOND?

OMG! Never see a perfect rose cut diamond like this! Adorable! :love:

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous, gorgeous pendant. Enjoy it for many years in good health. :appl: :appl: :appl:

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous pendant! I love JM's work. I wish I would've been in a position to own a piece of his before he decided to pursue other artistic outlets. I love the rose cut--it looks so unique (and I mean unique like amazing-fabulous-one-of-a-kind-beautiful), and it's lovely on you.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love it...its definitly a one-of-a-kind piece of art!

Laughinggravy0

Shiny_Rock
Hi all, I can't thank you enough for your kind words - I knew it was beautiful but it does mean a lot to me to have that idea backed up by such a discerning audience :wink2:

I'm still at the stage where I'm catching myself in mirrors and thinking 'yess yesssssssss :appl: ' The ones in the lift at work are particularly fun.

Oh and on the specs, 6x7mm and beyond that I have, for me, more interesting specs :wink2: which is that the design and wax were done in Todi, Italy in 2009 and Mr Meyer then worked on it at home on his return. He was kind enough to send me a letter covering a bit of the history of the piece and hoping that I would like it as much in real life. Its so much lovelier in 3D flesh and blood.

I wish all of you a peaceful joyful Christmas, and really, a heartfelt thanks for your sweet words. Such a cool community.

Abi

Edited to add that my sweetheart and I were in the British Museum in London last week and peering at long buried treasures, this would fit right in among the ancient Roman pieces, aside from the fact that it includes a diamond and agate was the stone that kept coming up there.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous pendant and it looks amazing on you! Actually, it looks like it was made just for you :appl:

Congratulations!

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!
Thank you for sharing.

Laughinggravy0

Shiny_Rock
Baby nurse, yes, I felt it had my name on it when I first saw on his site it at the start of the year. Glad it waited for me.

Oddly like my rescue dog who was stuck in a shelter for four months and not at all friendly to the people who wanted to adopt her until i came along and she stuck to me like glue. Some times it really does feel like fate.

Pic of dog, pic of dog .....

molls.jpg

IMG_6633.JPG

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Laughinggravy0|1292438611|2797675 said:
Baby nurse, yes, I felt it had my name on it when I first saw on his site it at the start of the year. Glad it waited for me.

Oddly like my rescue dog who was stuck in a shelter for four months and not at all friendly to the people who wanted to adopt her until i came along and she stuck to me like glue. Some times it really does feel like fate.

Pic of dog, pic of dog .....

Ohhh! That's the sweetest picture (and story)! Thank you for sharing! She is beautiful :)) !

heliotrope

Shiny_Rock
stunning piece!!

:appl: :appl: :appl:

I really did spend a lot of time looking at this on his site

:love: :love: :love:

honestly - if I did not snap up the ring (that is on its way to me) in the sale - this was my next choice

you wear it well - congrats and thanks for sharing

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! :love:

LG, it's gorgeous and looks amazing on you! Congrats! :))

Your puppy is adorable too! Haha, I love the expression on her face.

Laughinggravy0

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Burberry, Now to put the jewellry on the dawwg.
Heliotrope, let us all know when your ring gets to you and thanks for the complement on a piece you were considering :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results