shape
carat
color
clarity

James Allen Shipping Times

hsc2003

Rough_Rock
Hi,

With covid impacting New York pretty badly and delaying any eventual re-opening of the city, does anyone know if the James Allen production facility is still open at all and shipping rings? I'd imagine it's one of the businesses forced to close completely, aside from online operations, but was wondering if anyone has ordered anything recently and had something shipped during this shutdown.

MoxiRoxi

Rough_Rock
I have an upgrade and New setting pending with them now. I was told that it will take 3-4 weeks. So we will have to see.
~M~

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It also depends (I think). When I went on their website just to browse, it looks like some stones can be shipped quickly whereas others will take longer (likely if they are virtual inventory from locations that are shut down).

MoxiRoxi

Rough_Rock
It also depends (I think). When I went on their website just to browse, it looks like some stones can be shipped quickly whereas others will take longer (likely if they are virtual inventory from locations that are shut down).

Seems so. My diamond was to be available by May 29th. I don’t know if that means that JA wont have it in house until then or a few days before. I hope that it’s not delayed too long! I feel like every big purchase I’ve made since this pandemic hit has been greatly impacted. I’m currently also waiting on a new sofa I ordered in Feb. it’s in, they just won’t deliver. ☹️

ashleynavalany

Rough_Rock
I ordered April 22, they said it will be ready by May 22 and shipped that day. Fingers crossed. The anticipation is killing me

hsc2003

Rough_Rock
I ordered April 22, they said it will be ready by May 22 and shipped that day. Fingers crossed. The anticipation is killing me

Thanks, that is helpful. I ordered a week or two later and have a June 3 estimated shipping time. The person I spoke to said they didn't know if they're currently working to produce rings or not. I worried that was dependent upon the governor's initial executive order expiring last week, which of course was extended for NYC and other areas until the seven criteria are met. Let me know if it does indeed ship that day, I hope it does!

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I imagine much will depend on whether the diamond has been amongst those "warehoused" in Mumbai, India -- where COVID-19 has struck hard :(sad

According to reports I've seen, the government there didn't begin authorizing the shipping out of diamonds there until late last week -- on a very limited basis using a lottery.

knoxgirl

Rough_Rock
Under the best of circumstances, JA can be slow w/ shipping. I've had my shipping dates changed/delayed several times on items I've purchased during sales. I'd stay flexible in my expectations.

hsc2003

Rough_Rock
Under the best of circumstances, JA can be slow w/ shipping. I've had my shipping dates changed/delayed several times on items I've purchased during sales. I'd stay flexible in my expectations.

Definitely in the same line of thought, especially with everything going on. I'm thinking June 3 is a best case scenario, but would not be shocked if it slips a few days or weeks.

macjr82

Rough_Rock
I ordered an enagement ring on April 16th. It was shipped on Friday, May15th. I received it Monday, May 18th, shipped from New York to the DC Metro area.

It was missing the GIA certificate, and appraisal. I was told this is due to them not having access to thier main office, them working out of a smaller satellite office, and when NYC opens back up it would be mailed to me. As far as the appraisal....

hsc2003

Rough_Rock
I ordered an enagement ring on April 16th. It was shipped on Friday, May15th. I received it Monday, May 18th, shipped from New York to the DC Metro area.

It was missing the GIA certificate, and appraisal. I was told this is due to them not having access to thier main office, them working out of a smaller satellite office, and when NYC opens back up it would be mailed to me. As far as the appraisal....

Thanks, that's helpful. Hopefully the GIA and appraisal pieces ultimately ship once things settle down up there.

MoxiRoxi

Rough_Rock

You are so so close now!

My order finally has a ship date of June 18th. That will be 5 weeks from time of order IF it ships on time.

macjr82

Rough_Rock
Thanks, that's helpful. Hopefully the GIA and appraisal pieces ultimately ship once things settle down up there.

Thank you. You can see the ring here:

ashleynavalany

Rough_Rock

That's helpful. Do you think that's shady they don't have report. couple of people on here said the diamond on my report didn't match what James Allen had on their website....

macjr82

Rough_Rock
I can't call it, Tbh, looking at my e-cert, and and the 350 video. I wonder if they are the same diamond. I feel the diamond I got matches the cert, but I am not sure it matches the video. It is a great diamond, and size, for what I paid. You can click the link right above your post to compare for yourself. The cert and link to the 360 video are in the first comment.

That's helpful. Do you think that's shady they don't have report. couple of people on here said the diamond on my report didn't match what James Allen had on their website....

hsc2003

Rough_Rock

I'll caveat this with the fact that this is my first purchase on JA and its still in production, but I would say it's highly unlikely that they would ship a diamond that does not match a report on purpose. Given how many years they've been around, and that even people very knowledgeable of diamonds have used them and been satisfied with their service, it just wouldn't make sense to game someone and risk negative publicity that may impact future revenues. However, if they're working remotely, I could see more chances a mistake could occur if they're working with a skeleton crew or if certain job functions or items like the physical gia certificates are not available. With everything online these days however, I'd think much of that can also be addressed.

MoxiRoxi

Rough_Rock
I'll caveat this with the fact that this is my first purchase on JA and its still in production, but I would say it's highly unlikely that they would ship a diamond that does not match a report on purpose.

My current order with JA is an upgrade. My original diamond and ring was stunning and well made. I agree that it’s highly unlikely JA would bait and switch diamonds.

Please keep us posted on your shipping times and add some photos when it arrives!! I’m still a few weeks out but cannot wait!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll caveat this with the fact that this is my first purchase on JA and its still in production, but I would say it's highly unlikely that they would ship a diamond that does not match a report on purpose. Given how many years they've been around, and that even people very knowledgeable of diamonds have used them and been satisfied with their service, it just wouldn't make sense to game someone and risk negative publicity that may impact future revenues. However, if they're working remotely, I could see more chances a mistake could occur if they're working with a skeleton crew or if certain job functions or items like the physical gia certificates are not available. With everything online these days however, I'd think much of that can also be addressed.

It would not have been a JA mistake (or done on purpose)...it would have been an issue with an IGI report (lab diamond). The faceting pattern
of the stone pictured on the report does not appear to match the faceting pattern of the video on JA. The stone is an oval. If you know anything
about ovals, I'll dig the thread up for you. Would be interested in any explanation you (or anyone) might have.

hsc2003

Rough_Rock
It would not have been a JA mistake (or done on purpose)...it would have been an issue with an IGI report (lab diamond). The faceting pattern
of the stone pictured on the report does not appear to match the faceting pattern of the video on JA. The stone is an oval. If you know anything
about ovals, I'll dig the thread up for you. Would be interested in any explanation you (or anyone) might have.

Sounds like perhaps more of an issue with IGI then if the picture on the report doesn't match the dimensions?

macjr82

Rough_Rock
Thank you. You can see the ring here:

So thought I didn't recieve the physical certificate ( I did get a copy of the e-report before reciept, but we all know JA blots out the certificate number), I just contacted JA to give me the certifcate number while I wait for the report, and it was forthcoming. Running the number, it matches the blotted E-report I received, and the website.

crk

Rough_Rock
I placed an order on JA on 4/12 with est shipping day of 5/12....5/12 came and went and the est shipping kept moving to the next day every day for about a week. In the meantime, i kept looking at the site and other diamonds...lol...ok, so i changed my diamond....now have est ship date of 6/18, will see if it comes, i seriously doubt it will come on time but i can’t wait to get it!!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I placed an order on JA on 4/12 with est shipping day of 5/12....5/12 came and went and the est shipping kept moving to the next day every day for about a week. In the meantime, i kept looking at the site and other diamonds...lol...ok, so i changed my diamond....now have est ship date of 6/18, will see if it comes, i seriously doubt it will come on time but i can’t wait to get it!!
That's the problem with buying from an virtual inventory you'll never know. I only deal with inhouse stones then I know I'll receive the stone within 48 hrs.

DiamondDust13

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hi,

With covid impacting New York pretty badly and delaying any eventual re-opening of the city, does anyone know if the James Allen production facility is still open at all and shipping rings? I'd imagine it's one of the businesses forced to close completely, aside from online operations, but was wondering if anyone has ordered anything recently and had something shipped during this shutdown.
Yes, I ordered in April and it arrived yesterday.

ashleynavalany

Rough_Rock
Still waiting on mine... Estimated ship date was 5/23... then they changed it to today .... and it is still in production... ERRRR

Guess I'm not the only one waiting anxiously for my order...

Saw someone elsewhere who actually managed to get their order days before their estimated shipping date, which got me dreaming that it might be the case for me too, but nope! Guess their experience must have been the lucky exception rather than the rule :lol:

My estimated shipping date was the 26th but seems the jeweler needs more time per my latest update from them, so now I just have to wait aimlessly...

Oh, my order has just managed to ship earlier today! So it actually wasn't too bad, only delayed by around 2 days from the original estimate. So excited to receive it now!

hsc2003

Rough_Rock
Oh, my order has just managed to ship earlier today! So it actually wasn't too bad, only delayed by around 2 days from the original estimate. So excited to receive it now!

That's good to hear. I hope it arrives today! My order should ship next week so we will see.

crk

Rough_Rock

:dance: Yay!

crk

Rough_Rock
Beautiful!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results