shape
carat
color
clarity

Jadeite Lovers

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have got questions that have been nagging me so I decided to post it here hoping for answers. How many of you believe that Jadeite Jade is primarily an “Asian”, “Oriental” or “Chinese” stone?

How many of you refrain from wearing Jadeite which feature carvings of figures? Because of cultural appropriation? And stick to “safer” more traditional shapes such as cabochons, beads and bangles?

Also would anyone be interested in knowing the meaning of such figures?

How many of you believe Jadeite is a grandmother’s stone?

I don’t know if my questions are offensive if they are I ask for understanding and forgiveness.

To give a slight background I’m from the Philippines which like the West doesn’t have a big Jade Culture. I got my love of Jadeite Jade from both my grandfathers who were Chinese from Xiamen China. They would come home from trips with Jadeite jewelry at hand as presents for my grandmothers which would eventually pass to my mom.

Perhaps it is historical? You go through the big museums in Taiwan (national museum), China's Shanxi museum (wowzs those dynasties were rich, the jade piece below is amazing.), Beijing's big National museum, and the forbidden city. And you'll find rooms of the most amazing jade, dating back to even the earliest semi-mythological pre-recorded history dynasties. You go to the big european and western museums, and really to be honest I can't remember seeing any jade (have a sneaking suspicion you find a little. Trying to remember if something like the British museum, the pergamon or the kunsthistoriches museum in vienna had bit of Jade? But it's scraps at best.)

IMAG0112.jpg

Jadeite_101

Shiny_Rock
Perhaps it is historical? You go through the big museums in Taiwan (national museum), China's Shanxi museum (wowzs those dynasties were rich, the jade piece below is amazing.), Beijing's big National museum, and the forbidden city. And you'll find rooms of the most amazing jade, dating back to even the earliest semi-mythological pre-recorded history dynasties. You go to the big european and western museums, and really to be honest I can't remember seeing any jade (have a sneaking suspicion you find a little. Trying to remember if something like the British museum, the pergamon or the kunsthistoriches museum in vienna had bit of Jade? But it's scraps at best.)

IMAG0112.jpg

Oh yes history plays a central role in Jade Culture as they call it. The Chinese have always revered it as a Stone of Heaven. Something even in prehistory could link Heaven and the Emperor’s Earthly Rule. It has always held its rank as an Imperial Stone. A vast majority if not all of the great Jadeite collectors are Chinese—- The Dowager Empress Cixi, Madame Chiang Kai-shek and the Three Soong Sisters. I think the only person from the west to rival these women collectors was Barbara Hutton and her imperial jadeite collection. To this day I think it’s historical ties that keeps Sotheby’s and Christie’s in Hong Kong whenever an important piece of Jadeite comes to the auction block. I remember it was the Chinese who came to bid wars against Cartier for the famous Barbara Hutton Jadeite Necklace. Some found it their duty to appropriate “Chinese Works” back to China.
A0523327-C269-460D-88B7-1D5E32FCA83B.jpeg
The Hutton-Mdivani Jadeite Necklace: I do wonder if a private individual from the West would purchase this for more than $27.4million US without having the cultural ties to it.

I watched a GIA interview with Mason Kay and they said although Jadeite is processed, shaped and carved in China they do change the designs to make it more “American”.

Jadeite_101

Shiny_Rock
I in NO WAY purport to be a Jadeite expert. This post is regarding an observation I have had. Your knowledge and input is pretty much welcome and appreciated. A few posts back I posted regarding the Long Wave UV Test on Jadeite. It is a method backed by studies done by the GIA. However does the absence of fluorescence or inert under Long Wave UV Light guarantee that Jadeite is indeed Type A Jadeite?

Below are B+C Jadeites I purposely purchased as a learning tool.
7B855CDE-CFD5-415B-AA9E-4B78B32346E1.jpeg
5EEBF728-D481-43B6-8684-D46D2C1E4061.jpeg

Below are the same B+C Jadeites under Long Wave UV Light.
7D47C39D-3010-4F26-8B2D-838C8B77A342.jpeg
0AA1E61D-E1C7-4503-A15B-07AFB5845A55.jpeg
F17167E6-7E6F-4030-BA66-0689DD43BD70.jpeg
They show no fluorescence or are inert. The carved lavender Jadeite does show some superficial fluorescence where the polishing agent has build up. Otherwise it is also inert.

One might be inclined to judge the Jadeite samples as Type A. However upon closer inspection using a loupe. The Jadeites above show tell tale signs of treatment and enhancement. Cobweb or spiderweb appearance on the surface, concentration of colors or dyes on the tiny spaces between graining, “floating” color and trapped lint or dirt in the impregnating material.

I’ve been trying to find material regarding this phenomena. We know that Jadeite treatment and enhancement is ever evolving. What dye and impregnating material was used on these Jadeites that they show no fluorescence or are inert under Long UV Light? Do organic dyes such as the ones used before the impregnation era fluoresce? I really wish there would be a study regarding inert B+C material.

Attachments

• 5BBDB480-182F-446D-8879-D22CE692E688.jpeg
    5BBDB480-182F-446D-8879-D22CE692E688.jpeg
    326.9 KB · Views: 26

shelovesinclusions

Shiny_Rock
I have got questions that have been nagging me so I decided to post it here hoping for answers. How many of you believe that Jadeite Jade is primarily an “Asian”, “Oriental” or “Chinese” stone?

How many of you refrain from wearing Jadeite which feature carvings of figures? Because of cultural appropriation? And stick to “safer” more traditional shapes such as cabochons, beads and bangles?

Also would anyone be interested in knowing the meaning of such figures?

How many of you believe Jadeite is a grandmother’s stone?

I don’t know if my questions are offensive if they are I ask for understanding and forgiveness.

To give a slight background I’m from the Philippines which like the West doesn’t have a big Jade Culture. I got my love of Jadeite Jade from both my grandfathers who were Chinese from Xiamen China. They would come home from trips with Jadeite jewelry at hand as presents for my grandmothers which would eventually pass to my mom.
Your questions are awesome. Jade is my favorite gem, so I'm happy to share my impressions of it.

When I first started collecting jades, it was because of pieces I'd inherited from my grandma. Those pieces were western carvings from an Oriental revival period or jade inlays in Southwestern American style. In that way, I associate jade as a grandmother stone because I feel like her generation of women (born in 1919) wore things like brooches, bangles, and carvings more than my mom's generation who preferred beads, metalwork, and less refined jewelry (late Boomer hippie).

When I started to get my own jades, I learned how deeply embedded it is in Chinese culture over so many years, and how jade was an important stone to other cultures in pre-modern periods. Despite the deep cultural meanings of jade, I haven't ever viewed it as an exclusively Chinese product. To the contrary, vendors in China, Taiwan, and Hong Kong have been very open to helping, providing education, and promoting the benefits of jade. I also find more assistive sources of literature on carving and working jade from Asian writers than here (U.S.).

When it comes to cultural appropriation, I feel like because jade has been so freely shared worldwide and is a genuinely appreciated good, it doesn't seem as though it's a problem. I don't feel strange about any jewelry carvings or stone fetishes, but am happy to be able to show off the work of the artisan who created them. Learning the meanings is important to me.

shelovesinclusions

Shiny_Rock
Jadeite, Tourmaline, Ruby, Diamonds and Green Enamel...
D5CA942F-EE8D-4BB9-AFE1-DD9D0EF456D8.jpeg

I love this piece! It's so unique and the colors are just beautiful. Are those types of pieces typical from what you've seen? Did you get it in the Philippines or from abroad? I think a lot of what we see here in the U.S. are lacking in the more modern creations- I'm always blown away when. I see modern/traditional fusion design with jade.

Also, confirming from what I've seen too- LWUV is helpful but by no means a way to prove a piece hasn't been treated. I have a piece I am 1000% sure is natural & untreated which shows faint fluorescence in small areas. I also have a piece I know is B&C not glow at all. I saw treated lavender glow orange because of the vintage dye in it.

Jadeite_101

Shiny_Rock
Your questions are awesome. Jade is my favorite gem, so I'm happy to share my impressions of it.

When I first started collecting jades, it was because of pieces I'd inherited from my grandma. Those pieces were western carvings from an Oriental revival period or jade inlays in Southwestern American style. In that way, I associate jade as a grandmother stone because I feel like her generation of women (born in 1919) wore things like brooches, bangles, and carvings more than my mom's generation who preferred beads, metalwork, and less refined jewelry (late Boomer hippie).

When I started to get my own jades, I learned how deeply embedded it is in Chinese culture over so many years, and how jade was an important stone to other cultures in pre-modern periods. Despite the deep cultural meanings of jade, I haven't ever viewed it as an exclusively Chinese product. To the contrary, vendors in China, Taiwan, and Hong Kong have been very open to helping, providing education, and promoting the benefits of jade. I also find more assistive sources of literature on carving and working jade from Asian writers than here (U.S.).

When it comes to cultural appropriation, I feel like because jade has been so freely shared worldwide and is a genuinely appreciated good, it doesn't seem as though it's a problem. I don't feel strange about any jewelry carvings or stone fetishes, but am happy to be able to show off the work of the artisan who created them. Learning the meanings is important to me.

Oh I love inherited Jadeite from years gone by. The material quality is often hard to get by these days. My grandmother was fond of Jadeite bracelets in particular. My mom inherited from her 3 bangles, one of which is an exceptional icy lavender Jadeite. But the centerpiece if you may of her collection is a single strand necklace of the most vivid, saturated Kingfisher green Jadeite. With uniform beading at 14mm sizes. Spectacular. It’s a choker type which I plan on having restrung into a pair of bracelets.

That is delightful to hear. Though acknowledgement of its Chinese roots are an integral part of its history as a gemstones. We must really see it as something cross cultural. Something everybody can appreciate and enjoy. Oh I believe that the Chinese Jadeite market is more than willing to propagate the love of Jadeite. More than economics I think, one sees pride in the spread of Jade Culture. Akin to seeing one’s culture spread and achieve new heights of appreciation.

Here are samples of some cross cultural designs by Hemmerle. Proof that Jadeite can be more than just an Asian Stone.
26380D02-1630-4796-A067-62DA664D9D12.png 3EA09C83-9183-4B55-A9C1-6199EDD39145.jpeg E8130845-74FC-4DE8-B905-6CE3E90DB070.jpeg 62623045-5309-496B-A01B-ADDB130BFD23.jpeg 5D683650-D42E-4086-AA8E-ECF1421AF9CD.jpeg DED0D085-BB42-4B06-90B3-C831B62A8C97.jpeg
There are so much more out there. One just needs to look beyond what is traditional or what they expect traditional buyers will buy. I’ve read articles saying as a rule Jadeite carvers and designers won’t do much or won’t go beyond traditional designs because modern designs tend to estrange traditional buyers mostly the older generation who not only make up majority of the Jadeite market but have the discreet income to purchase big ticket items.

Jadeite_101

Shiny_Rock
I love this piece! It's so unique and the colors are just beautiful. Are those types of pieces typical from what you've seen? Did you get it in the Philippines or from abroad? I think a lot of what we see here in the U.S. are lacking in the more modern creations- I'm always blown away when. I see modern/traditional fusion design with jade.

Also, confirming from what I've seen too- LWUV is helpful but by no means a way to prove a piece hasn't been treated. I have a piece I am 1000% sure is natural & untreated which shows faint fluorescence in small areas. I also have a piece I know is B&C not glow at all. I saw treated lavender glow orange because of the vintage dye in it.

Oh I source my Jadeite and Jadeite jewelry from Hong Kong. They aren’t ready made. We usually start with loose Jadeite then my friend who I source Jadeite from (who is also a designer) works with me. We both join heads to produce a design we think gives the Jadeite justice. Then she has it made in her jewelry shop. It usually takes a month of production. So I end up going back and forth from the Philippines to Hong Kong. Hong Kong to the Philippines. And back again. It may sound like costing figures are high but one must realize that jewelry manufacturing is even more expensive in the Philippines.

paperunicorn

Shiny_Rock
Ahh, is the carved lavender here a foo dog? How beautiful!

I have a couple of pieces of jade, both I picked up in antique shops - a carved bird pendant and a bracelet. I don't have much knowledge and am woefully unequipped to tell when I'm looking at quality, but I do love jade in all colors. As far as cultural significance, if I'm buying something which carries cultural significance, I try and follow the same rules that I would when buying or wearing Southwestern Indigenous American jewelry, of which I also have some pieces - I make sure I understand the significance and meaning of what I'm wearing, so that I can honor and respect what it meant to its makers. However, I also believe that generally these jewels were meant to be shared and worn with people of all cultures and wearing them respectfully is acceptable unless I am told otherwise.

I in NO WAY purport to be a Jadeite expert. This post is regarding an observation I have had. Your knowledge and input is pretty much welcome and appreciated. A few posts back I posted regarding the Long Wave UV Test on Jadeite. It is a method backed by studies done by the GIA. However does the absence of fluorescence or inert under Long Wave UV Light guarantee that Jadeite is indeed Type A Jadeite?

Below are B+C Jadeites I purposely purchased as a learning tool.
7B855CDE-CFD5-415B-AA9E-4B78B32346E1.jpeg

Below are the same B+C Jadeites under Long Wave UV Light.
7D47C39D-3010-4F26-8B2D-838C8B77A342.jpeg
0AA1E61D-E1C7-4503-A15B-07AFB5845A55.jpeg
F17167E6-7E6F-4030-BA66-0689DD43BD70.jpeg
They show no fluorescence or are inert. The carved lavender Jadeite does show some superficial fluorescence where the polishing agent has build up. Otherwise it is also inert.

One might be inclined to judge the Jadeite samples as Type A. However upon closer inspection using a loupe. The Jadeites above show tell tale signs of treatment and enhancement. Cobweb or spiderweb appearance on the surface, concentration of colors or dyes on the tiny spaces between graining, “floating” color and trapped lint or dirt in the impregnating material.

I’ve been trying to find material regarding this phenomena. We know that Jadeite treatment and enhancement is ever evolving. What dye and impregnating material was used on these Jadeites that they show no fluorescence or are inert under Long UV Light? Do organic dyes such as the ones used before the impregnation era fluoresce? I really wish there would be a study regarding inert B+C material.

Jadeite_101

Shiny_Rock
Ahh, is the carved lavender here a foo dog? How beautiful!

I have a couple of pieces of jade, both I picked up in antique shops - a carved bird pendant and a bracelet. I don't have much knowledge and am woefully unequipped to tell when I'm looking at quality, but I do love jade in all colors. As far as cultural significance, if I'm buying something which carries cultural significance, I try and follow the same rules that I would when buying or wearing Southwestern Indigenous American jewelry, of which I also have some pieces - I make sure I understand the significance and meaning of what I'm wearing, so that I can honor and respect what it meant to its makers. However, I also believe that generally these jewels were meant to be shared and worn with people of all cultures and wearing them respectfully is acceptable unless I am told otherwise.

It is a Pixiu or Piyao, a mythical creature who’s believed to bring wealth, prevent wealth from flowing away, and appeases the Tai Sui or Grand Duke Jupiter who’s wrath is said to bring bad luck.

That is true. As long as the wearer whether Chinese, Westerner or some other race wears his or her “culturally significant” Jadeite or jewelry in general with dignity and respect then there’s no reason for issue. It reminds me of popularity of Guan Yin and Budai Jadeite pendants such as this one I have...
7A42DFB0-D7D7-48E9-88D7-814C0D836247.jpeg
Others treat them as mere trinkets or novelties. Whereas to others they are Gods that should be treated with respect and honor.

Jadeite_101

Shiny_Rock
A strand of Jadeite beads of old material suffused with rich vivid greens and shades of light green background. Measuring 14mm in diameter of uniform size, matching colour and texture. Indicating the size and therefore rarity of the original jadeite boulder. The design possibilities are endless but I’m planning to have it restrung as a pair of bracelets with 24k gold spacers. However I am also inclined to design something more understated so as to preserve the beauty of the Jadeite alone.
C0FEE4EB-4CBF-4D0F-A802-75EB3DEA6582.jpeg 08A191E9-9BD2-41E2-B9A9-135498F7D732.jpeg FECD105E-BB07-4803-AB72-6D9129EC16E0.jpeg

It reminds me of Empress Wanrong, the last Empress of China and the Qing Dynasty and her jadeite necklace also of slightly mottled emerald green colour. Similar in size too at 14mm diameter beads.
14BE9A60-0FA3-42D8-B054-D9716C02C366.jpeg

Jadeite_101

Shiny_Rock
Because of the Quarantine or Lockdown I’ve really put on hold executing my designs however I did manage to find some left over nylon string as well as 24k Pixiu or Piyao Gold spacers. Traditional 999 Gold art from Chow Tai Fook. The gold really complements the Jadeite’s magnificent color. Looks a bit traditional but it has got to do for now. I’ll change the designs once the Quarantine is over in about another month or so.
F05BE456-BFF2-403E-99CB-77A6D925CC4E.jpeg B1C6295A-FB33-4E9B-90EC-617F9A1DA7F6.jpeg D3088557-7939-4584-BE92-19A824FCE298.jpeg

Essiedub

Rough_Rock
Thanks! Really? It’s good as it is? I was planning to make it more sleek with graduated diamond on the sides cascading from .20 all the way to .55 about 11 on each side. Then 2 diamonds on top 1c and .71 with the 1c on top of the .75. It’ll serve to hide the pendant’s bail.

I think you’re saying that you essentially want to frame the entire thing in diamonds? That may “flatten” the look, if that makes sense but it could work. I still really like it as it is. Just love the combination of bright green with the lavender. It is such an unusual design! Would you post a modeling shot?

Jadeite_101

Shiny_Rock
Type B + C and Coated Green Jadeite is arguably the most common treatment and enhancement done to Jadeite, due to the high and popular demand for the most recognizable color of Jadeite. It was in fact in the 1950’s were Green Dyed Jadeite were first reported. And 1980’s were polymer impregnation was first reported. Below are some enhanced and treated Jadeites for education purposes.

79623254-C264-4175-8022-EDB9A2EF43D0.jpeg
Vintage Celadon Green Jadeite Bangle with Russet tones. B Jadeite.

5337FFC1-C2BC-4712-AF4F-101D9EC404F5.jpeg
Celadon Green Jadeite Necklace with Russet tones. B Jadeite.

725F7286-B3C2-4453-9D18-10B0FF154F43.jpeg
Green Jadeite Budai. B + C Jadeite.

56A2624A-81F3-4B87-9924-FF50F0EA0F0F.jpeg
Mottled Green Jadeite Butterfly Wing Cabochons. Dyed + Coated Jadeite.

The same set of Jadeite under Long Wave UV Test.
08C329EE-8784-418F-9133-C2067C614DC5.jpeg
Fluorescent

37C25375-646A-42B1-92FE-EA302DB299E8.jpeg
Inert

3A2E5C9A-822F-468A-951A-C6570A311DB0.jpeg
Fluorescent

3EC33BF2-035F-49E5-A022-95D216F53A49.jpeg
Inert

Upon further evaluation under a loupe. The Jadeites reveal Cobweb or Spiderweb surface appearance, Surface luster less vitreous than than of Type A Jadeite almost akin to plastic, Color collection in tiny gaps between Jadeite crystal grains, graining is hard to see due to presence of polymer and lastly for the coated Jadeite a complete absence of orange peel surface appearance normally seen on Type A Jadeite.

A couple of things I learned in this:
*Vintage Jadeite can just as easily be treated or enhanced as modern Jadeite. Old doesn’t mean it’s a safer buy.
*The presence of Russet tones which is normal on some Type A Jadeite. (The very thing removed by Bleaching treatment of Jadeite.) Must not lead one to conclude that the Jadeite is Type A.
*Treated Jadeite can have Inert reactions under UV Light. But the fact that some treated Jadeite does fluoresce under UV Light is still a valuable tool for screening Type B + C Jadeite.

Jadeite_101

Shiny_Rock
Saw this at Christie’s and I think I fell in love...

DB2ED3EB-C809-4B7F-B684-216002F5C8E8.png

A MULTI-COLORED JADEITE BEAD NECKLACE

Composed of seventy-three graduated jadeite beads of apple green, icy colourless, intense russet, light to intense honey yellow colours and good to very good translucency, joined by a diamond boule clasp, mounted in 18k white gold, beads approximately from 7.75 to 11.70 mm, necklace 75.5 cm long. Sold for $15,400 US.

The beads are quite small for my taste though. But it gives me the urge to cut my bead bracelets and make something similar. But the lockdown stops me because I have no way of stringing it.

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Is there a difference between jade & jadite?

Jadeite_101

Shiny_Rock
Is there a difference between jade & jadite?

Well basically Jade is divided into two types of minerals- one being Jadeite and the other Nephrite. Nephrite is much older than Jadeite in terms of use as gems or ornaments being used since prehistory while Jadeite had only been introduced to China in the 1800s. But it is Jadeite which arguably took preeminence in the Imperial Court as a gem and an ornament. Jadeite is said to be more valuable than Nephrite as high quality Jadeite has an inherent value as a gem while Nephrite even in it’s mutton fat colors takes it value from it’s age ie. antique. So are Jadeite and Jade one in the same? Yes to a certain extent.

Jadeite_101

Shiny_Rock
A few posts back I posted pictures of different Jadeite Pendants, Necklaces and Bracelets. Often these Jadeite pieces feature figures or themes who and which Westerners are often not familiar with. Today I want to share with you the meaning behind this figures. In an attempt to further our knowledge of the Symbolism behind the Common Figures Depicted in Jadeite. (Part 1)

ED54BF82-3948-4792-AF13-6F22F2340B3A.jpeg
Budai- Deity in Chinese Buddhism said to bring happiness, joy and prosperity. Ushers in good fortune.

B9B25790-6082-414E-BC84-4DE171D198FE.jpeg
Bi- (Round Center) Heaven
Double Dragon- Eternity
Lucky Coin- (at the top) Wealth

735B5DAD-E82F-45C3-9374-4FBAE2021041.jpeg
Qilin- (at the top) (Mythical Creature, Chinese Unicorn) brings protection, luck, prosperity, success, longevity, fertility, goodwill and benevolence.
Ingot/Money Bar- (at the bottom) Wealth.

570039D7-42B7-4855-8BC7-7B8B321DA218.jpeg
Flaming Pearl- (inside dragon’s mouth) Wish Granting

64F4D3A2-DF66-4C1D-B00A-4FA126E54E62.jpeg
Lotus- Continuous harmony and purity.
Goldfish- abundance of gold.

301A57D7-639C-4841-978E-55B3E6754B73.jpeg
Ruyi/Scepter- Power, authority and fulfillment of one’s wishes.

21BC194F-6E7B-44A6-88CF-68FCB1948C7C.jpeg
Vase- (at the bottom) Peace

02327952-1837-419E-AEC6-286DE4E23DA5.jpeg
Horse- Speed and perseverance.

1682C044-FEE9-46F2-B58F-2FF5053083DE.jpeg
Pixiu/Piyao- (at the Top) (Mythical Creature) Attracts wealth and prevents wealth from flowing away. Appeases the Tai Sui or Grand Duke Jupiter (God of the Year).
Lingzhi- (at the bottom) Mushroom of Immortality.

AFC15C7D-B257-417F-AE8F-96406BD3BC89.jpeg
Pepper- Business luck or success. Protection.

Continued...

Last edited:

Jadeite_101

Shiny_Rock
Symbolism behind the Common Figures Depicted in Jadeite. (Part 2)

6CAC2FEE-5BE1-4F8F-B848-1E06B2960A2D.png
Mountain- Strength and support.

E7AD15BE-3CD9-4EA5-BF53-2419D2CF426C.png
Leaves- Everlasting family business.

6E6159C5-BC61-41D3-87BB-C5069EDCCA52.png
Butterfly- Immortality and Conjugal Bliss.
Cicada- Immortality

C993F283-638B-4620-AE73-3E1DD7149D97.png
Peony- Wealth, Power, High class.

C269D7D1-3A06-4CAB-9489-65C1B70E42E0.png
Luck Bean Pod- Good luck is on the way.

65817DFD-DCB2-479E-8862-44D15244549C.jpeg
Dragon- (at the top) yang, benevolence, prosperity, longevity and renewal of life.
Longevity Lock- (at the bottom) Longevity.

CC5985C0-4815-47C3-AC29-C9AFCC03ADB9.jpeg
Wu Lou/Gourd/Melon- wards off evil spirits and illness. High rank and descendants luck.

CDE5B4B6-CED8-4FFD-A17B-FF8075C5B398.png
Bat- good fortune.

6557ABFE-9946-4269-803B-5F665638630E.jpeg
Pomegranate- (at the bottom) Fertility, offsprings, descendants luck.

FE15B0E8-FE84-4167-AB2C-327E2EE5587B.jpeg
Feather Fan- High rank, blowing away enemies and negativities.

Lexililac

Shiny_Rock
Bildschirmfoto 2020-04-12 um 14.14.12.png

Im not really a jadeite lover and have just this piece witch I stumbled over by accident. Few years ago while traveling whole Mexico from North to South on the Pacific side I saw this piece in a tiny artisanal shop in Chiapas, Mexico close to the border to Guatemala. They told me that its jadeite from Guatemala and it was carved by an Indogen artist there in Chiapas. I really like that greasy surface of the jadeite.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results