carat
color
clarity

J is for Jumping with joy and over the moon in love with

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My Bubbalahs.

My dh who always shows how much he loves me and my heart swells with how much I love him and my dear grandma long gone but forever close in my heart and memories.
If I may digress for just a moment. I cannot say enough about my darling husband. He always goes above and beyond and puts me first no matter what. His love is true and pure (as is mine for him) and I cannot believe it possible to love someone so much. This is what makes me truly lucky. The bling is just icing on the proverbial cake. But my dh, he is the cat's meow in every way. My one true and irreplaceable gem.

Without further ado may I introduce my newest Bubbalah... my 4.93 GIA JVS1 OEC. I was going to call her Shayna Maidel after the nickname my grandma always called me. But then Bubbalah just came to my mind and the name reminds me of my grandma so much and feels like the right name (though a mouthful haha).

She's bright, bubbly, angelic, amazing.
Truly my Unicorn in so many ways.
Photo of her loose.
bubbalahongrace.png

Bubbalahlooseshot.jpg.png

Like my Unicorn dh, my new OEC is one-of-a-kind...dear one Bubbalah - my grandmother's affectionate name for me and for what my dh and I call each other. We are each other's Bubbalah. So it feels right that this OEC be Bubbalah. In honor of my grandmother and my dh.

"Bubbalah is a Yiddish word, traditionally used by Grandmothers, that references children. The modern usage of the word can be extended to any person that is considered darling and close to one's heart."

B is for Beatrice, my grandmother dear
U is for Unicorn, incredible, so rare
B is for Beautiful, chunky facets galore
B is for Bubbly, personality and more
A is for Angelic, a heart so pure
L is for Lucky, love that is so strong
A is for Amazing, incredible and true
H is for Happiness for all that you do

To the bubbalahs I love so dear
Miss grandma but in my heart so near
My darling sweet hubby
Sharing a love, I call him Bubby
My Bubbalah my B'shert

And my first OEC
The ever lovely Bea
She has a new name
But her BEAuty remains

Bea's new owner of whom I'm so fond
She's always posh, lives across the pond
Her new human so great
A worthy home, it's fate

New twinkly Bubbalah
What more could I need
I'll wish for health and peace
For all those who now read

Up before 5AM and decided to take no chances lol

notetodeliveryperson.jpg

Though Greg is outside all morning BBQing and woodworking just so there's no chance of missing the delivery person hahaha.

Backstory:
Thanks Grace for everything you did to make this OEC mine. It was truly meant to be. Backstory for those who don't know the history. 2 years ago I first saw this OEC at the Jewelry and Watch Antique show in NYC. She was at Grace's booth and my heart went flip flop flip flop. I fell in love and I fell hard. Here are some photos from 2 years ago when I first saw her.

bubbalahtoheart.jpg

In her temp setting...that profile gets me.
bubbalahprofile.jpg

bubbalahonhand.jpg

bubbalahonmiddlefinger.jpg

I agonized over the decision in 2016 but just couldn't bring myself to part with Bea at the time (though I actually had a potential buyer for Bea). This OEC got sold in 2016 and fast forward to just last month almost 2 years later. I had been searching over the past 2 years but nothing grabbed me like Bea. I saw many beautiful OECs gorgeous in their own right but in my heart and head I didn't find anything close to Bea and also couldn't stop thinking about "the one that got away".

I don't know why or how but fate intervened and Grace unbeknownst to me had convinced the new owner to part with her as she rarely wore her since generally she wears much bigger diamonds (think 6, 7 and 8 carat diamonds OMG) so this beauty remained unloved and unworn.

Just 2 weeks ago at the NYC JAWS I saw this amazing OEC again (in another setting this time from the new owner) and knew she was meant to be mine. She is now out of that setting and back temporarily in her previous setting for now until I find the perfect (for me) solitaire setting. In the meantime I will try to get used to the huge presence she has in this setting lol. And as @LLJsmom said hopefully I can adjust to her size when she is in her final solitaire setting. :lol:

Thanks for reading if you got this far and for a break in the monotony of my words a sweet treat and sneak peek from Grace.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmJuYjRgmMN/?taken-by=jewelsbygrace

Where is that delivery person OMG. My heart cannot take this waiting. :kiss:

It's here it's here woohoo!!!!

woohoo001.gif

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK I took like a dozen photos just now hahaha but my phone is acting up. Will try posting these pics but if not will pickup later where I left off. Lots to do today as I just spent the morning waiting doing nothing but trying to calm down my heart.:lol:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous gorgeous stone! Welcome to the family Bubbalah!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:dance: Woohoo, so glad she’s arrived safely.

OMG looks amay-zing on your hand, huuuuuge! :D I know she’s not in her final setting, but WOW, what a stunner.

I hope she brings you as much happiness as Bea has, and yes, your darling DH is a truly one of a kind gem.:love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @whitewave and @Dee*Jay (and your generous offer to lend me your gorgeous ring while I waited :kiss2:) and @Austina my bling sister :kiss: and @JPie! Thanks @icy_jade I am happy to oblige. ;-)

DH sweetly took time from all his messy and sweaty woodworking to be my accomplice this morning in opening the package.

Some quick shots. Sharing on go on phone. As usual my photos suck but thank you for looking! XO

3B728D01-92ED-4DC4-A855-280511B07B64.jpeg 16DC6818-6D2B-4ACC-AA54-F04CDF3F002F.jpeg

D947AC0B-CC02-4C14-A5D1-8AA7C408E7E0.jpeg

ADDEEDC5-C084-4173-8D33-AC5A4FFAA589.jpeg

0740AA0C-6DF3-44B0-A3CE-E63ECFEF7785.jpeg

29DED3CC-B4A3-4EB8-8CCE-B90939EE4129.jpeg

66677494-3E86-4CD1-9589-611D06867D75.jpeg

350EA0E7-1B09-43ED-9B48-51B57181B965.jpeg

90BBCC2F-2C6A-4C68-B75C-4FA46E3811BB.jpeg

D8D13324-F367-4FD5-A4F3-2A9FF1551C1F.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gawd they’re huge posting unedited from my phone. Sorry!
Thank you @Kaycee2018!

966473E3-83EC-4A46-981F-DF444DB5BB9A.jpeg

6CB16D75-C394-4838-8A0D-50A101B2DB1B.jpeg 93F9619D-489F-4268-A699-277B40AF737C.jpeg 38B4AE69-5D55-4C77-9C79-1E979AFA585F.jpeg FB7E4EDA-554A-431E-B84B-A534B5FB9CE5.jpeg 3116FB48-3CCB-415A-BA42-4474DEB51453.jpeg D4ADBA20-39E8-4968-A77B-45611521D1C7.jpeg

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
O.M.G! That is spectacular! That OEC is truly magnificent! She was truly meant to be yours. Thank you for sharing your beautiful story. Such a great back story and happy ending :)

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a wonderful story, @missy! I think it was meant to be! :appl:How does your new OEC compare to your lovely Bea?

Is Bea's new owner a PS'er too? We're going to miss seeing Bea on PS if she's not!

And kudos to your DH for making this all happen!:wavey: What a sweetheart!

BTW, I'm planning a possible trip to NYC next year! I hope we can meet up for coffee and/or bling shopping! :))

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg what an amazing stone and wonderful story behind it. CONGRATS!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don’t worry @m-2-b , as soon as she gets here, there’ll be photos galore. :D

Just waiting anxiously for her arrival, she’s in the air, and will have to clear customs before they deliver.

The airwaves between @missy and I have been red hot these last few days :lol:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations Missy. It’s gorgoeus and I loved reading the background story.

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I hadn't realized you let go of Bea! But Bubbalah is absolutely gorgeous! Can't wait to see what you ultimately set this in!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SWOON!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!:appl:

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
holy moly! what a sweet story and love the reveal with your accomplice in bling. =)

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you hear that sound? You know, that big, huge thud? The one that rattled the neighborhood? That THUD that was me falling over on the floor? You know, because that stone is just simply amazing! Wait, I have to go back and look at it again..........................THUD!! Damn, the neighborhood is going to think we're having an earthquake. Sigh...............................

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Just Wow! I can see why you fell for her so hard! Congrats on your new Bubbalah Missy!!!

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Kismet! Bubbalah is lovely and gorgeous! May you wear in good health and happiness always. :kiss2:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just wanted to take a moment to let you know that what you wrote was just beautiful. Your love for your grandma and for your husband is just beautiful. It’s so clear in everything you do that he is the perfect guy for you (and you for him). This line in particular was so moving. “My one true and irreplaceable gem.” Among the land of sparkles, this statement says it all. :kiss2:

Now on to the ring...
Wow oh wow! She is stunning! I love every chunky facet. :love: It’s seriously huge! In this setting you’ve got wall to wall finger coverage. :drool: I’m so happy for you to have finally been reunited with this beauty. She was clearly meant to be. :D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results