shape
carat
color
clarity

I've done it again! Found my black opal!

Drif

Rough_Rock
theredspinel|1453718168|3981058 said:
niter|1453593432|3980480 said:
theredspinel|1453502539|3979948 said:
Thanks niter. I know that feeling...

Anyone have any input/answers to my questions re the pendant design? Esp how much will it cost roughly and should I try and source the t sav meelee myself? What is a good size?!

Yvonne Raley is a great source for melee. What type of melee do you want? Also, do you have the peridot in hand or are you looking for one of that size? I am looking forward to seeing how this project turns out :)

I already have the peridot. It's a tiiiny itty bitty baby of a gem. It's from a meteroite so other then the fact they are usually always small (whatever doesn't fracture upon impact is then faceted into a gem) bottom line I couldn't afford even 0.2 size bigger due to cost :lol:

However I love it because I love anything space and this is my alien baby. Hence looking for a black opal that reminded me of space too.

I want tsavourite meelee...but I don't know how many I will need and what size. Also would I be able to save money providing it myself or more cost productive to leave it to the jeweller?

However I love it because I love anything space and this is my alien baby

Have you considered using moldavite instead of Tsav because of your 'space' concept? It's green meteoric glass that's created from impacting earth. Here's a link to pics...

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=faceted+moldavite&qpvt=faceted+moldavite&qpvt=faceted+moldavite&FORM=IGRE

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Drif|1453830500|3981785 said:
theredspinel|1453718168|3981058 said:
niter|1453593432|3980480 said:
theredspinel|1453502539|3979948 said:
Thanks niter. I know that feeling...

Anyone have any input/answers to my questions re the pendant design? Esp how much will it cost roughly and should I try and source the t sav meelee myself? What is a good size?!

Yvonne Raley is a great source for melee. What type of melee do you want? Also, do you have the peridot in hand or are you looking for one of that size? I am looking forward to seeing how this project turns out :)

I already have the peridot. It's a tiiiny itty bitty baby of a gem. It's from a meteroite so other then the fact they are usually always small (whatever doesn't fracture upon impact is then faceted into a gem) bottom line I couldn't afford even 0.2 size bigger due to cost :lol:

However I love it because I love anything space and this is my alien baby. Hence looking for a black opal that reminded me of space too.

I want tsavourite meelee...but I don't know how many I will need and what size. Also would I be able to save money providing it myself or more cost productive to leave it to the jeweller?

However I love it because I love anything space and this is my alien baby

Have you considered using moldavite instead of Tsav because of your 'space' concept? It's green meteoric glass that's created from impacting earth. Here's a link to pics...

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=faceted+moldavite&qpvt=faceted+moldavite&qpvt=faceted+moldavite&FORM=IGRE

Thanks Drif that is an awesome idea. However I'm not really a fan of moldavite (mainly because it's formed on planet earth haha) and I much prefer the brightness of t savs :lol:

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
Redspinel Here are the two ideas i had. Just a general idea. I didn't see the dimensions of the opal so i am sure the relative sizes are off. Forgive my rough rendering skills. Enjoy the design process!!!

space_pendant.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results