shape
carat
color
clarity

I've been hating my engagement ring… PLEASE HELP!!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I absolutely love your ring the way it is and would put the new diamond in it and wear it alone.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is normally what I wear for my right hand rings. Sometimes I switch out the diamond on my pointer finger for a Marc Williams leaf/vine ring that has a brownish stone.

As you can see, I LOVE LOVE LOVE mixing gold tones.

Right hand.jpg

Honestly the response here is blowing my mind I really didn’t see it going this way.

If you love mixed metals then even more I support wearing it with the current soli and the guard

Allgems

Rough_Rock
Premium
Your engagement ring is beautiful, and as others mentioned it already looks like a ring with 2 bands, one at the top and one at the bottom of it. You can imagine if you removed those bands, your ring would look like traditional ring, with a twisted band.

I would wear it alone, no need to add extra bands, consider those diamond top and bottom bands as your wedding ring.

And if CZ bothers you, just replace it with diamond.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That ring is NOT meant to be worn with a band! Keep it as a stand alone, the solitaire can be worn with the wrap.

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
Keswainy, you have a good problem, also a very PS type of problem, which is you have more rings to wear than suitable fingers to wear them on. The more time you spend here, the more rings/stones you will get. So what do we all do, we swap out our rings regularly!

It’s been 4 years since you got married so there is really no need to wear your e-ring all the time, everytime. Swap rings around, have fun! Sometimes wear the solitaire/guard set, sometimes not. Sometimes wear the ering as a RHR, sometimes not. Unless there is a reason why you’re wearing the RHRs, they don’t have to be fixed wither. Otherwise it looks like you need to sell something. The good thing is when DH sees you changjng it up all the time, he gets used to it and stops noticing if you wear a certain ring less.

Diamond425

Shiny_Rock
I agree with Aprilbaby. But ultimately the decision is yours. Beautiful ring. Congratulations

quaddio

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I hate the o.g. with any band(s). Solo or nothing.

Keep new solitaire as is if you like it, get another diamond to replace the cz. Because pricescope.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes unfortunately Robbins Brothers will only cover diamonds as they will not put any other gemstone into the setting.
But they already put a CZ in there originally? It's odd to me (tho not necessarily surprising) that they would not "allow" you to put whatever stone you want into the setting you own!
What does their warranty cover that standard jewelry insurance wouldn't? Are you actually still covered? I don't know the details of how their policies work but I've seen other people on here note that places like Jareds and Zales have very strict requirements for maintaining coverage and that usually the store warranty isn't worth as much as a useful insurance policy.

Last edited:

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I would keep the new diamond in the setting it's in, get a much simpler band for it, have a genuine colored stone set in the original setting and wear it on the right hand. :)

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love how unusual your ring is and that there was nothing else but that one. I love your other rings as well!
I totally get your husband feeling sentimental about the setting and I didn't get the impression you hated it, more just the lack of versatility?!
If it were me ultimately as others have suggested I would get a coloured stone in the setting, a blue sapphire would look amazing. I wouldn't wear a band with that ring it won't ever look right it's such a strong standalone piece. Then I would rock the solitaire with the ring guards! I would wear both as engagement rings depending on my mood.
In the interim - if your husband is really that anti - I might just put the new diamond in the old setting for now and put the solitaire mount and guards to one side and work on getting your husband round to your way of thinking in a gentle way.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The original Ering wasn’t designed to be worn with other bands - and it doesn’t need them: it’s an intricate, substantial, “complete” piece, and it’s lovely!!

I’m not a fan of the guards with it because the guards were designed explicitly to flank a solitaire - they curve to leave space for a solitaire head. Your Ering, with straight walls and no flower-bulb style head, is functionally mismatched.

Standalone Ering, solitaire with wraps - different looks for different days! :mrgreen2:

Bijouteried

Shiny_Rock
I definitely agree with those who think your original ering would be beautiful and substantial on its own! Maybe consider switching out the cz center with the new diamond and then selling the guard to buy your self a new piece? ;-p

Or, as previously mentioned, wear that new solitaire with the guard and switch switch that set for your original ering when you want something different...It can’t hurt to have variety! :love:

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I agree that having a variety of rings to choose from is awesome! I love to mix and match my rings. If I wore them all at once I would have to have 20 fingers!!! You have a beautiful collection by the way!:mrgreen2:

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another vote for wearing the e-ring on its own....it does look like an integrated e-ring and wedding band to me. That being said, if you no longer like it, maybe see what you could recoup for it...you'd likely be able to get enough from selling it to buy a very nice setting for your new stone. Tastes change over time and that's ok.

Keswainy

Rough_Rock
Thank you all!! We did just recently purchase the diamond that is supposed to go into my engagement ring and hopefully that fills some void in me. Robbins Brothers warranty will cover every single little diamond in my setting forever as long as I ensure it is sent in once a year for inspection/cleaning. We have had to have 3 of the smaller diamonds replaced so far over the 4ish years.

I recently bought just some very small micropave rings from amazon to wear on the sides and surprisingly I do like them, IDK why but I just cant seem to be OK with wearing my ring as a standalone.

I do have quite a few rings and I am actually in the process of talking to some jewelers to have some of my pieces reworked into other jewelry.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results