shape
carat
color
clarity

IT''S READY!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/7/2005 1:54:25 AM
Author: Demelza
What does GOG say? So sorry this is turning out to be such a hassle. It shouldn''t be like that.
They don''t have the ring so they are just going by the pictures too. I appreciate that they are asking for our feedback along the way so the ring doesn''t get shipped out unless we approve.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Lint will find a way to trap itself underneath those prongs! There''s nothing more annoying than seeing a big fuzzball on your ring! (except maybe someone else''s thumb print....)
2.gif

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
I know what ya mean Fortekitty! I don''t want no fuzz on my ring! Plus, the prongs were snagging on everything, even pulled out some of my hair!

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s an update.

After Precision Set sent the pictures of the ring that they''ve supposedly fixed, we ask GOG to forward our email to them detailing what is still wrong with the prongs and requested clear pictures of each prong after they are fixed so we can approve. Then we got an email from GOG that Precision set fixed the ring and is shipping the ring to them. We didn''t get any pictures and they did not wait for our approval. We were just tired of this whole thing, and told GOG that when they receive the ring and find that the prongs are still not fixed, to just send it to us regardless. We got the ring today, and honestly, I don''t know why Precision Set had our ring for so long. It looks like they just added extra metal to fill in some of the gaps but the two prongs that had the serious big gaps now have smaller gaps. But the gaps are still there! The prongs have not been shaved down so they are lower than the table of the diamond. It was as if they just ignored our requests completely. We are getting it fixed locally like we should have done in the first place. We will never buy from Precision Set again and will never recommend them. But on a good note, I am happy to have my diamond back!
18.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Leila,
I am really sorry. You have been put through the wringer that's for sure. Sounds like that company didn't listen to a word you said, or was it GOG that communicated for you on your behalf?? Anyway, it's back in your possession and I pray it gets fixed to your satisfaction quickly and painlessly. Hugs.

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Kaleigh.

The staff at GOG communicated directly with Precision Set. To be clear about we wanted we sent detailed pictures and listed all our requests and Christen made sure and confirmed with us, that Precision Set understood each request and viewed each picture.

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Leila, I''m so sorry to hear that it''s not the way you wanted it. I don''t understand why it was not fixed to your specifications. What does GOG say about this? I hope someone local can fix it quickly and painlessly. So glad you have it back, though!! Keep us posted on what your local person says.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Oh for goodness sake! Are they going to pay for your local jeweler to fix it to your satisfaction? The idea of this voiding you warrenty seems very silly.
20.gif
Wouldnt they want their product to be at its best?
Also somewhere on Pricescope there was a photo collage of how a diamond ought to be set, the diamond rest on the bottom half of the V and the top half of the v resting smoothly on the top of the stone. To me it looks like the diamond is not sitting on the prongs enough.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Leila I am so sorry to hear this. Seriously what is the deal!?

What drives me nuts about this is that the ring was FINE with prongs set as you wanted them to be originally. Then you sent it off for your upgrade and it comes back like this? And SORRY but I am still so not buying the whole ''the prongs were fine originally''. Those prongs looked odd not touching the stone originally and PS messed them up even more trying to fix them. How hard is to set them on the stone like 99% of the rest of the stones and rings out there?That seems so bizarre. It''s not like you are asking them to do some custom setting. Then this runaround back and forth...and it still not being fixed.

GOG as the middleman for you should have handled this and ensured that it was taken care of. What do they have to say about the whole thing?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree, this whole thing should never have happened. Someone seriously dropped the ball here.
38.gif

You shouldn''t be out one penny to have this fixed. Really. It''s outrageous to say the least. Again I am sorry Leila. You did your part, lets see what GOG has to say, hmmmmm.

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
I don't know what else GOG can do, except short of fixing the prongs themselves, which we do not want. GOG paid for all shipping costs, Precision Set would not do so, although they should have. All the detailed requests and pictures were forwarded to PS and Christen from GOG confirmed that PS acknowledged each request and saw the pictures that clearly show what was wrong with the prongs. They acknowledged each request yet did not follow through. I don't know if PS called GOG first to tell them they were sending the ring out or not and why GOG did not stop them (if they could've) but by the time we heard from GOG about this, it was done. We were supposed to see pictures of the prongs after they were fixed again but this was totally disregarded. We haven't contacted GOG since asking for our ring to be sent to us ASAP, regardless if the prongs were fixed or not. Christen did not say anything about whether the prongs were fixed to our requests or not, and we did not ask. At this point, we don't care--we just wanted it back. Well, the diamond is secure and the prongs don't look too bad unless you scrutinize it, plus it's insured, so I was able to enjoy my ring and wear it out tonight. But the setting job simply does not look like quality work to us and that is what we want. We will not ask anything else of GOG or Precision Set. We will never send our ring back. This is done.

And thank you ladies for all your support. I don't feel so insane when I read your postings.

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
I''m late but I love your wedding set!
36.gif

coll

Rough_Rock
I think your ring is beautiful! I never really realized that ring size makes such a big difference- but my stone is the exact same size as your center stone and I feel like yours looks SO much bigger on your hand! But then again, I suppose when you look at them in person, it''s clear that they''re the same size...

Sorry you had so much trouble with your ring. My prongs are VERY secure, as anyone would want with a stone of this size. I hope it doesn''t worry you too much!

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Imurden and Coll! Both of you ladies have beautiful rings too!

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Hey Leila, what''s the latest with your ring? Did you ever get the prong issue worked out? Are you still changing your setting? I''ve been wondering what''s happening.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
i''ve been wondering too...

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Yeah Leila, what''s the status on the prongs?
1.gif

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
Aww, thanks Demelza, Mrs. Salvo and Rascal49 for thinking of me! I had my prongs checked and the diamond is secure, although it still needs to be fixed. It still catches on things once in a while, but not as bad as before, and I''ve been wearing it without problems. I''ve been hesitant to go ahead and get it fixed since I am thinking of changing the setting. I am considering a tacori solitaire, but I haven''t been able to see it in person yet. There''s only one jeweler in Hawaii who carries Tacori and I don''t want to go through them. I''ll be in California in a month so I am hoping I can see the setting in person there. I may go through Nice Ice for it. Ifwhen I see it in person and I do not love it, I think I will just get my prongs fixed and hopefully no other setting will jump out at me again, making me crazy and feeling unsatisfied with my setting again. It also doesn''t help that I keep going back to look at your ring Demelza, your setting is making me itch for one too.
38.gif
If I change my setting, you ladies will be one of the first to know!
35.gif

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/14/2006 2:02:28 AM
Author: Leila
Aww, thanks Demelza, Mrs. Salvo and Rascal49 for thinking of me! I had my prongs checked and the diamond is secure, although it still needs to be fixed. It still catches on things once in a while, but not as bad as before, and I''ve been wearing it without problems. I''ve been hesitant to go ahead and get it fixed since I am thinking of changing the setting. I am considering a tacori solitaire, but I haven''t been able to see it in person yet. There''s only one jeweler in Hawaii who carries Tacori and I don''t want to go through them. I''ll be in California in a month so I am hoping I can see the setting in person there. I may go through Nice Ice for it. Ifwhen I see it in person and I do not love it, I think I will just get my prongs fixed and hopefully no other setting will jump out at me again, making me crazy and feeling unsatisfied with my setting again. It also doesn''t help that I keep going back to look at your ring Demelza, your setting is making me itch for one too.
38.gif
If I change my setting, you ladies will be one of the first to know!
35.gif

Can''t wait to see what you decide on. I know what you mean about going back and forth. I love my solitaire, but I can''t help but covet other designs (like that Tacori you posted in the 8 prong thread). And being on PS doesn''t help any. Keep us posted!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope how soon you get it fixed to your satisfaction. I am sorry that you have had such an ordeal with it.

I think Dem''s solitaire setting has about sent us all over the edge - you''ve really got to hang on to your seat if you tune in to PS everyday! Always something new and different!

oceanbeach

Shiny_Rock
Hi Leila,

That is a beautiful ring!! I love it!!

Until now, I was only considering Tiffany 6 prong setting, but now I don''t know...
19.gif

Could you please tell me the width of the band at the top? If it is pretty thin, then I may really want to consider this setting.
Thanks!

oceanbeach

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/30/2006 3:50:48 PM
Author: oceanbeach

Hi Leila,

Until now, I was only considering Tiffany 6 prong setting, but now I don''t know...
19.gif

Could you please tell me the width of the band at the top? If it is pretty thin, then I may really want to consider this setting.

Thanks!
Sorry, I only looked at your ring picture at the beginning of this thread and submit the above message, but after reading on more I just realized that you had an issues with the prong. I''m so sorry to hear this. So, what happened?! ...if I may ask...

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
what ever happened with your ring Leila?

(can we get some updated pics?)
30.gif
30.gif

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/30/2006 4:18:04 PM

Hi Leila,

19.gif

Thanks!
Sorry, I only looked at your ring picture at the beginning of this thread and submit the above message, but after reading on more I just realized that you had an issues with the prong. I''m so sorry to hear this. So, what happened?! ...if I may ask...
Oceanbeach I''m so sorry I did not respond sooner, I didn''t see your posts until now. I went to dig up my appraisal just to be sure. The band is 2.7mm at its widest and it tapers to 1.65mm where it meets the diamond. Hope that helps.

And about what happened to my prongs, to sum it up, Precision Set did a bad job in setting my diamond.

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/11/2006 10:47:29 PM
Author: sevens one
what ever happened with your ring Leila?

(can we get some updated pics?)
30.gif
30.gif
Sevens one, you''re so sweet to ask. I had my ring checked again and it''s secure but I still haven''t had it reset. I wasn''t able to see that Tacori setting I was interested in when I was in CA, the store that had it in house was 6 hours away and we just couldn''t make it. And I guess it''s a good thing because for now, the prongs don''t bother me that much because we have other priorities right now. My hubby and I had to help a very dear family member with some financial emergency recently, and I still gotta get my sis some bling for her bridal shower gift--something I''ve been wanting to do--which is only 2 months away. Gotta get on it! So sorry, no updated pics yet, nothing''s new with my ring that I can share with you ladies.

oceanbeach

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/11/2006 11:34:31 PM
Author: Leila

Date: 5/30/2006 4:18:04 PM

Hi Leila,

19.gif

Thanks!
Oceanbeach I''m so sorry I did not respond sooner, I didn''t see your posts until now. I went to dig up my appraisal just to be sure. The band is 2.7mm at its widest and it tapers to 1.65mm where it meets the diamond. Hope that helps.

And about what happened to my prongs, to sum it up, Precision Set did a bad job in setting my diamond.
Leila, no problem at all! I haven''t checked this thread for a while too.

Thank you very much for the information. Now I''m considering a custom setting, so these measurements are helpful in deciding what to ask for. Thanks!

marriahlyn

Shiny_Rock
I just found this thread because I''m not around much. I will first say Leila, you know I adore your ring and think it''s beautiful. I will also say that I''ve bought from GOG before a few times and I haven''t had anything but the best of service. I however cannot believe that Jonathan would write that the setting job was ok. Sorry Jonathan but jewelry is supposed to be beautiful and WEARABLE and you can''t wear a ring that screams........I''m gonna catch on something. I am rough and would flip that diamond out by catching it on my clothes etc. I have nothing to say about the "re-do" because I can''t catch the problems with that but to say the ring before that is "fine" is wrong........it''s not even wearable in my opinion.

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Marriahlyn! I haven''t seen you post in a while. Yes, I was puzzled and surprised to hear anyone would think it is normal for a ring to be set that way!
20.gif

marriahlyn

Shiny_Rock
Hi Leila, my 7 yo dd is out of school and we live on the lake so I''ve been super busy with that and washing towels and 6 changes of clothes a day LOL I also have the baby and he has a few changes a day, I feel like I''m doing laundry all the time, giving bottles, changing diapers, cooking, washing dishes, making bottles, nursing......ahhh never ends. I''m enjoying the time with the baby though as he''s my last. The only reason I had time to post is I was up til 1:30AM doing laundry while everyone slept. I wanted a guilt free day today with Mariah and her cousin because if I play when I know something else has to be done, I can''t concentrate.

I felt compelled to post even though it was an old thread because I was disgusted. I''ve had a few bad setting jobs and I can''t stand ring fuzz. I had my ring reworked by Whiteflash (dh''s cousin originally made) and the prongs are primo. Never had a piece of fuzz in them. I love Mara''s spunk and she was right on with her posts.

Jaime

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results